The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread

+32
thegaffer6
DaveAV1
VTID85
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
CoE82
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Peter
FoxyAV
danclare82
Army villain
andrew24561
Dazzle
The Utterer
mefromhere
Fpuppys
gdav
smetro
avfc85
1Elliot
Barabass
avfc forever
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
De Kuip
NARLA24
Saunders82
Trotters
VillaBill
AstonThriller
36 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread

Post by AstonThriller Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 pm

gdav wrote:McCormack over Kodjia for me. Only watched Kodjia against Newcastle but really don't see what most are raving about.
Hopefully was just a bad game

Really? Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 4107169167
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Kodjia was EXCELLENT in my opinion.

Apparently we're taking 5000 to Barnsley. Not bad huh?
Trotters
Trotters

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:28 am

Amavi proved second half on Saturday that he is able to play LB which is a positive ahead of Barnsley.
Then it's all about picking Tshibola's partner ... Jedinak is great at winning the ball but couldn't pass it to save his life. Westwood is the opposite.
Grealish, Adomah, Ayew, McCormack, Gestede ... any 3 from those 6 will do a pretty similar job. If anything then RHM stood out the most from Saturday but he played for the U23 I believe so I guess that would rule him out
mefromhere
mefromhere

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:46 am

A very tough game which i don't see us winning sadly. 1-2 loss i fear or another draw! Times running out by the looks of it for RDM if todays press are correct.. We'll see soon enough whether the players will fight for him or not.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:24 am

.......................Gollini......................
Bacuna.......Elphick........Chester......Amavi
Adomah....Tshibola......Jedinak.........Ayew
...................McCormack......................
..........................Kodjia.....................
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:25 am

Well I think we all agree that 3 at the back is not the way forward with the players we have?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:49 am

Apparently we're taking 10,000 to the next 2 away games. That's not bad for a team that's not won away in 14 months!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:52 am

Trotters wrote:Apparently we're taking 10,000 to the next 2 away games. That's not bad for a team that's not won away in 14 months!

And we are apparently fickle fans?????Scarf Waving

It's hopefully a one time tour of a lot of grounds we just don't normally get to play at? Scarf Waving

Plus to say you were there when the streak was broken must be good? Dancing Banana
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:35 am

This is not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination so to come away with anything will be a good achievement in my opinion, alas I feel another draw is the best we can hope for, 1-1 but still a very good result.
andrew24561
andrew24561

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 am

Villa win for me on this one. The noise from our away support will swing this one in our favor. Lets get an early goal and then go for the throat instead of sitting back. Possible thumping for Barnsley me thinks.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:25 am

NARLA24 wrote:Villa win for me on this one. The noise from our away support will swing this one in our favor. Lets get an early goal and then go for the throat instead of sitting back. Possible thumping for Barnsley me thinks.

Totally agree, I feel it in my water that tonight is the night. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:31 am

NARLA24 wrote:Villa win for me on this one. The noise from our away support will swing this one in our favor. Lets get an early goal and then go for the throat instead of sitting back. Possible thumping for Barnsley me thinks.

I really hope so because RDM needs to scare off the circling vultures!!Barnsley 21-10 and Villa 5-4 at the bookies.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:44 am

Barnsley 21-10
Villa 5-4
Bookies running it close it seems.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:15 pm

On paper we are the team to beat. I think it'll be like a cup game for Barnsley, being the newly promoted side playing against us. This shouldn't be like the Luton game with the change of personnel we've had since then. We need to start expecting to win games and not thinking that draws are good results. To win this league we need around 2pts a game so we need to match our draws and losses with wins to put us back on track. Tonight really needs to be the night and if our away support can subdue the home fans then I think it will help the lads to play to at the best.
Barabass
Barabass

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Barabass wrote:On paper we are the team to beat. I think it'll be like a cup game for Barnsley, being the newly promoted side playing against us. This shouldn't be like the Luton game with the change of personnel we've had since then. We need to start expecting to win games and not thinking that draws are good results. To win this league we need around 2pts a game so we need to match our draws and losses with wins to put us back on track. Tonight really needs to be the night and if our away support can subdue the home fans then I think it will help the lads to play to at the best.
Could not agree more fella.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:41 pm

It all depends on RDM tonight I think. set up in 433 or 442 and put out a balanced side and I see no reason why we can't win this comfortably. But he needs to be brave and not try to shoehorn players into the side just because he signed them. If it makes sense to play Ayew, Kodjia and Adomah as a front three and leave Mccormack on the bench then do it. If it makes sense to play Adomah and Grealish out wide with only two strikers up top then do it. It's time to be brave now Roberto.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:11 pm

^^^ This!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:26 pm

AstonThriller wrote:It all depends on RDM tonight I think. set up in 433 or 442 and put out a balanced side and I see no reason why we can't win this comfortably. But he needs to be brave and not try to shoehorn players into the side just because he signed them. If it makes sense to play Ayew, Kodjia and Adomah as a front three and leave Mccormack on the bench then do it. If it makes sense to play Adomah and Grealish out wide with only two strikers up top then do it. It's time to be brave now Roberto.

Spot on AT there are enough games in this league to give everyone a fair crack of the whip? Round pegs/round holes time!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:09 pm

All the teams up there game when they play us.
Tonight is a win, after the Saturday game, I think the players will be up for it.
And happy birthday Sanders82 Avila win on your birthday.
Our away fans are great UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:53 pm

TEAM NEWS

Gollini, Bacuna, Elphick (c), Chester, Cissokho, Jedinak, Tshibola, Adomah, Grealish, Ayew, Kodjia

Sub: Westwood, Amavi, Bunn, Hutton, Gestede, Mccormack, Baker

Well I for one am happy with that. Would have probably kept Amavi in the team but everywhere else is great to me. I wonder what system will he play?

....................Gollini....................

..Bacuna..Elphick..Chester..Cissokho...

..............Jedinak..Tshibola...........
....................Grealish........
.........Adomah.............Ayew......
......................Kodjia.....................

Or

....................Gollini....................

..Bacuna..Elphick..Chester..Cissokho...

..Adomah..Tshibola..Jedinak..Grealish...

................Kodjia...Ayew...............................

Either this is the best side we've put out all season IMO and I'm very hopeful of a result here. No Westwood is an absolute blessing and I hope to see some big performances from the front four.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:57 pm

442 surely?

I'll change my prediction to a 2-1 Villa win if we play 442
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:00 pm

This is the best lineup all season. Apart from Rmc and amavi it's bang on. No excuses now. 2-1 win hopefully by a bigger margin tho. UTV!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:442 surely?

I'll change my prediction to a 2-1 Villa win if we play 442

I believe it will be 433 and personally I think that's the better option.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:19 pm

I think its 4-3-3 - Either way thats a pretty solid line up for me. Got my doubts about grealish and his lack of end product - But really the excuses have to stop here - thats a top notch line up at this level - even if as a team there are not firing on all cylinders yet - we should still have enough to beat Barnsley (yes I know they have started well - but it is what it is)

I think tonight if we grab the lead - RDM will still go for more goals and rightly so -
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Rumours Pearsons out at Derby - could we have missed Bruce ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next