The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread

+32
thegaffer6
DaveAV1
VTID85
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
CoE82
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Peter
FoxyAV
danclare82
Army villain
andrew24561
Dazzle
The Utterer
mefromhere
Fpuppys
gdav
smetro
avfc85
1Elliot
Barabass
avfc forever
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
De Kuip
NARLA24
Saunders82
Trotters
VillaBill
AstonThriller
36 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread

Post by VTID85 Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:59 pm

Probably worth a bet on Preston scoring on the 90th minute next game, especially if we're 1-0 up at that point.
VTID85

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:05 pm

VTID85 wrote:Probably worth a bet on Preston scoring on the 90th minute next game, especially if we're 1-0 up at that point.
I don't think a bookie would take the bet!
I really do think RDM's days are numbered.
It's like fucking groundhog day every time we play.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 pm

VTID85 wrote:Probably worth a bet on Preston scoring on the 90th minute next game, especially if we're 1-0 up at that point.

Preston, home now of Daniel Johnson, who is probably going to tear everyone a new asshole and give us something more to be miserable about.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:13 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

Preston, home now of Daniel Johnson, who is probably going to tear everyone a new asshole and give us something more to be miserable about.

Lets say we get a win at preston - does that change anything ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:18 pm

A loss to Preston will see us in the drop zone I reckon.

Sacked? If that happens Bertie should be shot!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:18 pm

I don't think one win would result in anything, more like a 4 or 5 game pattern. Win most or all of them and I think RDM would be safe. Lose or draw most and I think he's gone.
Wolves and the scum would be in that series of games so please McGrath it's the former.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:24 pm

De Kuip wrote:I don't think one win would result in anything, more like a 4 or 5 game pattern. Win most or all of them and I think RDM would be safe. Lose or draw most and I think he's gone.
Wolves and the scum would be in that series of games so please McGrath  it's the former.

Thats what I mean - when a manager gets down to 1 game away from the sack, he's pretty much gone anyway. I don't even think his biggest supporters can see any future for him now.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Well it looks like the end is nigh doesn't it? twice could be bad luck but to let a lead slip in the dying minutes FIVE TIMES in ten games is simply criminal. There are two things that are badly wrong with this team. The first thing is we for all the money we spent in the summer our attack is still garbage and can barely score two goals, and secondly the defence and keeper are just not good enough to keep clean sheets regularly. If the defence were good enough we'd have won four more games, if the attack were better we'd have also won more games. So the problem is twofold.

Was it a coincidence that it went to pot when Westwood came on? Honestly the man is like a f#cking jinx in that team. Then we have another mistake from Gollini by the looks of it!!..how many can we afford before he's dropped? I also distrust Elphick at the back regardless of how much he "geez" up the players. For me he's not actually a very good defender and I hope any new manager that comes in will address that because Baker has done nothing wrong to be sat on the bench behind him imo.

Right now I'm feeling like we might be stuck in this division for longer than I expected!!..it just seems like nothing is going our way no-matter what we try.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:25 pm

smetro wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Needs to be more than one win, we need to be winning a minimum two in every three. I don't know what the answer is. I wanted to see Okore and Clark as first choice central defenders but they've gone. I wanted to see Veretout and Gueye in midfield but they've gone. What this match needed was Sanchez to come on after 70 minutes and guess what?

We have one midfield duo in Jedi and Tish and that's it. Gardner and Westwood don't seem to be up to the task (and nor, it sounds, does Jedi). Cissokho is sounding like he's playing well, which might be rubbing off on Chester but Elphick sounds like he isn't. Is it worth playing Richards at RB to see if that steadies Elphick? He doesn't need to get forward with Adomah in front of him (who sounded like he had a good game today). I don't have a clue what to do about covering central midfield, is there anyone decent in the reserves who can have a go in training instead of Westwood?

I like McCormack but where does he fit in with Kodjia and Gestede, and even with Ayew? We have an embarrassment of attacking riches and RDM just doesn't seem to have a clue how to get the ball to them.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Didn't sound like Jack the lad had his best game tonight. I'd have thought he'd be looking to prove a point. I'd be interested to hear from fans at the game.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
smetro wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Needs to be more than one win, we need to be winning a minimum two in every three. I don't know what the answer is. I wanted to see Okore and Clark as first choice central defenders but they've gone. I wanted to see Veretout and Gueye in midfield but they've gone. What this match needed was Sanchez to come on after 70 minutes and guess what?

We have one midfield duo in Jedi and Tish and that's it. Gardner and Westwood don't seem to be up to the task (and nor, it sounds, does Jedi). Cissokho is sounding like he's playing well, which might be rubbing off on Chester but Elphick sounds like he isn't. Is it worth playing Richards at RB to see if that steadies Elphick? He doesn't need to get forward with Adomah in front of him (who sounded like he had a good game today). I don't have a clue what to do about covering central midfield, is there anyone decent in the reserves who can have a go in training instead of Westwood?

I like McCormack but where does he fit in with Kodjia and Gestede, and even with Ayew? We have an embarrassment of attacking riches and RDM just doesn't seem to have a clue how to get the ball to them.

If we want to salvage the season I don't think we can give rdm any more games - even if we win on saturday is that really a new dawn ? - when would our next win come ? - after another 7 games ? - we slip further behind and even into a relegation battle.
Put the wheels in motion now - give the new geezer a couple of weeks with the players over the international break. The talent in that squad should be at least enough to win our home games - then with a few additions in Jan who knows .......dawdle now and it could be disaster for us....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm

he needs to be gone before the local derbies, he's had long enough played 10 lost 2 won 1 drawn 7 is not good enough especially when the same mistakes are happening, we were 1-0 just like against brentford and he brings on attacking players, last 10 minutes flood the midfield so we hold the ball and counter attack.

for me he has to go, and go asap before its to late, I dont care who we get, just get this useless prick out.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:36 pm

We just keep on making unwanted records don't we?! I've never known a run of so many draws & for them all to feel like defeats.

The difference this time is that for the tiny, tiny steps forward, we've taken a tiny step backward. When I said on another thread that this run could be either the start of a foundation (in that we're not losing games) or a collapse waiting to happen, I'm suddenly thinking that it may be the latter.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 pm

SPEECHLESS, thats what I am Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 1401410211
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Bacuna banned for Preston so Richards at Rb?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 pm

FUCK ME DEAD
4BetLite
4BetLite

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:38 pm

Well that's unpleasant to read over breakfast.

Xia has tweeted that the press know something he doesn't. I've not yet read what that's about but I'll assume it's regarding RDM getting the sack.

But Christ, if he was tweeting about end-of-game capitulations when we'd done it three times, he'll be losing his shit right about now.

Baker needs a go in central defence. He was a total rock on the weekend and didn't deserve to be pulled off. Well not like.....I mean he DID deserve to be pulled off but....oh you know what I mean. :)

Did Gollini drop another bollock?

Central Midfield is definitely the problem. They don't create enough for the forwards, they don't bomb forward enough themselves to provide an extra option for he opposition defence to deal with and they seem to offer very little by way of cover for the defence.

For me now, RDM has one more game. And it has to be a stunning win. None of this squeaky-bum 1-0 with ten mins to go and them hitting the post three times. It has to be a 3 or 4 goal win and we all know that's not going to happen.
Trotters
Trotters

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Just saw the Ayew goal. Tell you what, it's a good job he put it away or there'd have been a punch up with (??) Kodjia.

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 Image10
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:45 am

Gollini ballsed it up for the equaliser but even after he came and flapped at it, no Villa player could get rid. We really are a soft touch.

There seems to be no organisation in the penalty box for that corner. Isn't Steve Clarke supposed to be the expert when it comes to the defence? Because that's a total mess. "get bodies in the 6 yard area and don't worry about proper defensive strategy" is obviously the call there.

I give up. When we do win a game, it'll be the exception to the rule, I'm afraid.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:33 am

Notice how we've stopped talking about how we're going to give someone a good thrashing any time now?

I'll tell you what will happen. We'll start losing matches and the rot will really set in.

Keep RDM and seriously, we could be struggling to survive in this league.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:43 am

The problem over the last four games has been our apparent inability to score more than one goal in a game. Our attacking players keep hitting the post or missing easy opportunities. The referees deny us penalties.

If we got two ahead the opposition would take more risks coming forward. Then we can sit back a bit on 2-0 and hit them on the break and "give someone a good thrashing."

Man City are 6 and 0 in the Premier League but they have only one clean sheet.

2:1
4:1
3:1
2:1
4:0
3:1

I don't want to go through the Championship winning games 1:0. We need to score goals. We have the forwards who can do that. Our primary failure is not scoring a second, not conceding the last minute goals (although it would be helpful to be able to win the occassional game by one goal).

I too suspect the problem is midfield but the solution may be tactical rather than one of manpower. Tshibola was subbed for Westwood because he, along with Jedinak, were on yellow cards. They were over-run in midfield - why? Perhaps because Grealish and Adomah were beside them not doing enough defensively.

That I still would not have brought Westwood on earlier suggests that we also do have a manpower problem because we are well short of quality in midfield. At the start of the season I thought Gardner might have stepped up in quality but that has not proven to be. Our midfield is 2 dodgy players, + 1 aging player needing game time to return to form + 1 injury prone, potentially excellent player who also needs game time.

We can't dominate  because we cannot control the midfield.

btw Ayew seems to have started playing consistently well ever since we bought Kodjia.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Is it coincidence that when he took of Tish & put Westwood on we conceded.

Is the problem our midfield not being defensive enough when we don't have possession?

Does Westwood not close down the opposition?

Does Ayew offer enough protection to the wing back?

Did Adomah lose possession too often?

Is Elphick Richard Dunne in disguise?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:29 pm

I think one of our major failings in front of goal is people mainly Ayew don't look up and pick a pass, Aggy had the same problem he would go a great run and even though players were in great positions he would try to shoot and balls it up, football as we all know (except Villa players) is a team game, they need to start playing as a team, IMO once we start doing that we will start getting results. I personally think we looked a lot better when BigMac was in the team, we have the squad why not leave Ayew out and try BigMac alongside Kodjia, if it don't work we can always make a change. Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:13 pm

I was at Oakwell last night & unfortunately we were average at best but we still had enough to win the game, I spoke to a fellow Villan just before the equaliser that we could sense the inevitable.
It must be a mental thing, some of our decisions at critical moments are costing us, not just the defence & keeper at the end but up top too, Adomah passed when he should of shot, Grealish tried to beat one too many players in stead of shooting, Ayew was pretty good last night, probably our best player on an average night.
First away game for years, but the atmosphere generating by our fans last night was really good.
I don't know if you guys heard about the Barnsley fan who ran the full length of the pitch to goad the Villa end after they equalised before being escorted away, he was either very brave or very stupid, raised a smile though.
We are not too far away from winning a game, we need to score a second because we are not going to keep a clean sheet.
RDM must be on borrowed time, our support gave him some stick as he left the pitch, the players tunnel was right by the corner of the stand we Villa fans were.
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:14 pm

I think we have been lacking pace on the counter too tbh, DeLeat was brought in to help with this but then the Villa "new player season ending injury curse" hit us yet again.

So we are not enough of a threat on the break when teams are throwing men forward after an equaliser hence we don't add to our total and teams find a way through us
The Utterer
The Utterer

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next