The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

+20
lukevilla
jeffvilla
DaveAV1
BillytheKid
Dions_Bald_Head
andrew24561
KMitch
gdav
danclare82
AstonThriller
UnclePanda
Sky
Dazzle
4BetLite
Synopsis
FoxyAV
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:28 am

I'm actually astounded to see fans supporting Gabby on Facebook. It's mind-boggling!

I love Jack, but how many times as he cocked up, & now everyone singing his name,& yes I know gabby has cocked up to, but hate all the personnel insults, put yourself in his shoes, would u like it  ?

Jack was found drunk on the pavement

if he scored a few goals your attitudes would change , fickle fans

he may put effort i think 1 last chance wont hurt

Yes I think he will do a good job, every one needs a second chance   Even in marriage

In his corner he has worked under   negative managers the last 5 years. Under oneill he made the England squad and was awesome for us. Since then he's struggled big time. I'm not saying he's devoid of any fault of course he is, but him turning down reading says to me he wants one more chance under rdm.  With us losing players in January through the African nations, I'd say give him one and I mean one last chance.

Worth a try.

Not all the same person btw

Now I'm biased as I can't stand Gabby. I think he sums up everything which is wrong with modern footballers and what went wrong with our great club. But I figured I'd share some other opinions on Flabby
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

Post by Dazzle Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm actually astounded to see fans supporting Gabby on Facebook. It's mind-boggling!

I love Jack, but how many times as he cocked up, & now everyone singing his name,& yes I know gabby has cocked up to, but hate all the personnel insults, put yourself in his shoes, would u like it  ?

Jack was found drunk on the pavement

if he scored a few goals your attitudes would change , fickle fans

he may put effort i think 1 last chance wont hurt

Yes I think he will do a good job, every one needs a second chance   Even in marriage

In his corner he has worked under   negative managers the last 5 years. Under oneill he made the England squad and was awesome for us. Since then he's struggled big time. I'm not saying he's devoid of any fault of course he is, but him turning down reading says to me he wants one more chance under rdm.  With us losing players in January through the African nations, I'd say give him one and I mean one last chance.

Worth a try.

Not all the same person btw

Now I'm biased as I can't stand Gabby. I think he sums up everything which is wrong with modern footballers and what went wrong with our great club. But I figured I'd share some other opinions on Flabby

I've found myself in agreement with most of those. There is little to no point in not giving Agbonlahor one final opportunity to redeem himself for the benefit of the club and team. If he is training hard, putting the hours in and showing good attitude then I struggle to see why anyone would want to discard that? Especially when you're paying millions for it anyway. Let him play a few U23 games, let him earn his way back and try to show what is required. Kodjia or McCormack could both get injured next game, that's football, and then we'd be up shit creek. And if Agbonlahor shows any decent form and proves some worth then the club are far more likely to find suitors for him should they still be determined to get shot of him. The current situation is a lose/lose for all concerned, which is plain silly business.
Dazzle
Dazzle

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:55 pm

That sounds sensible but there's obviously been more said behind the scenes. I don't think anyone would begrudge him one last chance if he'd genuinely stated his reasons to the new management. Even if he bullshitted his way through such a conversation.

But I have a feeling that his apology letter was something the club insisted he write rather than doing it off his own back. I've a feeling the club has insisted he work his arse off to get in shape as per the terms of his contract.

I do not think for a minute that he's genuinely, sincerely sorry, that he's willing to bust his arse for this club. There was no evidence of this in pre-season was there? Surely that was the golden chance he had to show his worth. And whilst that might have been playing with a lot of players that have moved on or juniors getting a go, a manager can always tell when a player is trying and when he's waiting out for pay day.

There's also the other side of this coin to consider. What message would it send to the likes of Hepburn-Murphy and Green to give him another chance? Sorry lads, you've worked your bollocks off, done what the gaffer has asked of you, always given your best and kept your noses clean. But even though we're going to possibly be short of players in a few months, we're going to give a helium-sniffing, over-weight, over-paid chancer one very last go. Because, you know, he's a Villa fan and wrote VTID on a letter.

I get that Gabby wouldn't want to go on loan to a lower league club. He'd assume he'll get all manner of shit from the crowd and would have defenders kicking lumps out of him for a laugh. But if that's his only option then he should take it or do the honourable thing and arrange an amicable settlement with the club to quit. There's still options open to him in Asia, Australia, the Mid East or the USA! USA! USA!

But he obviously has no desire to play football any more.

My missus son had a team photo done the other day and it had Dele something or other Nigerian in his team. The ex blues player. Loves to play the game and is doing it for nowt. Just like Petrov when he was first given the all clear. And I'm guessing just like thousands of ex pros who got paid a fortune for doing something they'd have done for nothing other than the love of the game. Just like we all do.

Gabby won't even do it for £3m a year.

Arsehole.
Trotters
Trotters

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Gabby simply doesn't deserve another chance. He's coasted though his Villa career being given chance after chance. He's done nothing to warrant being given a go ahead of Audrey or Green. He's a leach whhas bled the club for years. He's not a Villa fan, not a Villa legend, and should not be a Villa legend. 

Remember he threatened to quit the club if Houllier had remained as manager.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Trotters wrote:11:10

Thanks you Trotters! Been after this video for so long. Still gives me goosebumps
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:23 pm

I was still dong my fruit about letting Lescott score an overhead fucking kick as Young broke free
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Is the extra training his choice or a type of punishment by the coaching staff??
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:41 pm

danclare82 wrote:

Thanks you Trotters!  Been after this video for so long. Still gives me goosebumps

I've only been a following football/Villa since 2006, but this match was one of my favorite moments as a Villa supporter. That moment going from utter deflation when Lescott tied it up to absolute jubilee when Young scored that winner in the dying seconds will always stay with me.

On another note, look how thin Gabby was back then. Back when he was hungry and just wanted to play football for his boyhood club. Now, he's just hungry off the pitch.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:49 am

Holy shit! Just seen this on twitter.

Now I really don't like what Gabby has been getting away with, not one little bit. Utter arsehole in his behavior and attitude but to go off on a rant on the player's instagram page like this is just, well, bizarre.

And you know what? Fair play to Gabby for not being baited by it which im guessing was the aim of the exercise. To be out-thought by Agbonlahor has got to be embarassing Laughing

This is not a whole lot different to those weirdos Keith and Ian Robo and their tirades at Xia. But at least they seem to focus on the subject rather than losing their so-called minds.

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 Img_2010
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:11 am

KMitch wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Thanks you Trotters!  Been after this video for so long. Still gives me goosebumps

I've only been a following football/Villa since 2006, but this match was one of my favorite moments as a Villa supporter.  That moment going from utter deflation when Lescott tied it up to absolute jubilee when Young scored that winner in the dying seconds will always stay with me.

On another note, look how thin Gabby was back then.  Back when he was hungry and just wanted to play football for his boyhood club.  Now, he's just hungry off the pitch.

that squad.. fantastic! Young, Milner, Laursen.. Ahh, memories..
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:01 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-gabby-agbonlahors-aston-villa-11860802#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$3

Gabby Agbonlahor will consider a move to the MLS in the next transfer window as he plots his Aston Villa escape route.

The 29-year-old axed striker has no future at the club but will only agree to a move on his terms after rejecting a deadline day loan switch to Reading.

Agbonlahor is not interested in a temporary move to one of Villa’s Championship rivals however he would be swayed by the idea of living the American Dream.

With almost £4million in wages remaining on his current contract Villa are in no position to offer a pay-off, either.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:43 pm

If MLS is what tempts him, well it's pretty telling and indicates to me that those who said he's only in it for the money to be spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Juventus might be a long shot, Fraybentos could be a better shout.!!!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Cant help but feel a tad of emocion for this guy. My last away game before i moved over here was the Ridgewell Knee game at the Sty. Gabby got the winner and was a Villa hero.
I seriously hope that RDM has him working his arse of behind closed doors at BMH and the lad explodes back on the pitch for us.
Wishfull thinking maybe, but you never know.
Just sayin.
NARLA24
NARLA24

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm an optimist & I believe some people have it in them to change, turn their life around, or whatever. But I'm not sure RDM can afford to have him in his thinking at the moment - maybe if we're cruising it at the top & GA has been tearing up trees in training. But not until then.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:30 am

Plenty of rumours on twitter than he could be off to the MLS.

Hopefully the club has done a deal of a pay-off or part-payment-until-he-finds-another-club.

Is it possible he could have a change of attitude? Sure.
Is it possible he could find his form? Maybe
Is it possible he could contribute something to the team? Perhaps.

But there's nothing definite, is there; there's nothing exciting; there's nothing that makes you want him to get back to his best. Not really. He's left a very sour taste in the mouths of his many slappers and now the fans.

He's not worth the time, effort or risk. And it's certainly not worth limiting the development of our younger players to give him this chance. And definitely not at the money he's on.

Jesus no.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:49 am

Utter scumbag, wouldn't hesitate to hit him with a shovel if I met him.
4BetLite
4BetLite

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:23 am

Just over 500 votes...

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. - Page 2 Screen10
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 am

andrew24561 wrote:Juventus might be a long shot, Fraybentos could be a better shout.!!!!

lol! QUALITY!

I honestly used to sing Gabby's praises and sang his name in the Holte but all i see is a pathetic excise of a man that is no good for our football club and that ain't no Villan, anyone of us who was costing the club we love a lot of money and not doing anything in return to help Villa's cause then we would leave to help Villa out unlike Gabby who is welching off our club and only thinking of himself, thesedays i can not stand the skank one bit for what he is doing!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:29 pm

He's starting for the U23s tonight.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:32 pm

It'd be MOST interesting to see his attitude and performance.

But even of he scored 6, he'd still be behind everyone in the pecking order.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Trotters wrote:It'd be MOST interesting to see his attitude and performance.

But even of he scored 6, he'd still be behind everyone in the pecking order.

Yes, it's going to be interesting isn't it. I hope he does score six and continues to tear up the U23 league, it will make it easier to get rid of him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Subbed off  after 60mins...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:23 am

(a) because he did so well the club are going to give him a senior squad number and put him on the bench against Brentford.

(b) because he wasn't fit.

(c) because he was completely ineffective.

(d) because the club set him up, giving him hope where there was none, and hauled him off on the hour to prove to him that everyone thinks he's shit and show him that that was his last chance.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 am

No idea. I read the match report and that was his sole mention in it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next