The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bristol City: match thread

+26
Army villain
thegaffer6
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Fpuppys
avfcjay
BillytheKid
nickf21
Barabass
rosco77
AstonThriller
Villa Ranger
CoE82
Saunders82
Boldfinger
Thinman
danclare82
DelboyVilla
smetro
mefromhere
De Kuip
4BetLite
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
Trotters
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Your predictions please....

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_lcap35%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 9 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_lcap38%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 10 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_lcap8%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_lcap4%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_lcap4%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_lcap11%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bristol City: match thread

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Just got. Back from Dartmoor and and they've only just discovered bronze up there so a phone signal was simply too much to ask.  Well, I didn't expect that result. Although when I called the team exactly right on page 2 of this thread I did think maybe we'd struggle with grealish, Westwood and Bacuna in the side if that was who did actually get picked. Having said that all I know about the game is from what I've read on here.
So disappointing but we have to remember that the serious problems with villa ran deep and whilst we're on our way to fixing them,  there are still obviously some issues we have to sort. I'm still confident that - as long as  the right signings turn up in the next few days - we'll get there, but already i'm starting to also hear the clock ticking on how long we can keep falling behind. I've never worried about the gap between us and first place,  only us and 6th. Having said that we have to click soon otherwise even that will be a concern.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Okey just watched the goals on youtube.

Gollini didn't seem at fault for any of the goals if you ask me. He pushed the ball the side, but Amavi was sleeping and their attacker got on it. Obviously it's ideal if a keeper holds on to shots, but when you are partially covered it's not that easy. Unless there are other shite interceptions my summary didn't show, then I don't think we should worry too much about our goalkeeper.

Regarding Ayew he got into some nice positions, but his finishing is awful. I think there is something wrong about his attitude though. Look at how he walked back after Grealish's goal. I like Ayew because he makes things happen, but his attitude is poison.

Yep I watched the you tube goals, they did what we should have been doing and passed to players in better positions, theres no place in our team for greedy bastards, but we have a few, its not as if they are crashing them in the chance just goes beggin. Re Gollini it was said from the very beginning he has a tendency to push shots back into play, that should be coached out of him but until then the other players in our team should be alert to this, the opposition are. Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 1015550615 Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 1015550615
Saunders82
Saunders82

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Not fecking good at all. No doubt we will sort the problems out but we should be a tadge concerned.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Trotters
Trotters

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:55 pm

Their first goal: Gollini once again sets it up for them. We call saw in the YouTube highlights when he signed that he has a nasty habit of parrying the ball back in the lath of the opposition.

2nd goal: maybe could have done better.

3rd goal: looked a cracker tbh so no blame there.

But that first goal is down to him and is the sort of thing that causes mental frailty to kick in on a team-wide level. It's time to put this kid - and at 21 he is a kid - back into the reserves and let Bunn take over. I see lots of disparaging remarks about Bunn but I've yet to see an explanation as to why. Should be our first choice.

Ayew looked selfish yet again in not squaring that ball to make it 2-0 (and you'd think game over).

I thought I'd wake up less pissed off but I'm still raging. Replace the owner, replace the manager, replace 80% of the team and it's the same shit. Maybe it comes down to time....but in 6 weeks if we're still getting hammered like this then RDM had to go.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:16 am

I'll also call it now: Amavi, who we thought would piss all over this league is a nothing player. Has the long term injury taken its toll? Was he not really all that good to start with? Who knows but he looked very dodgy in those brief highlights and if Cissokho is preferred then there's a problem.

I really hope someone quotes this in a few weeks to prove how very wrong I am but he looks suspect in the extreme to me.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 am

It's the same old story on repeat!

Ayew & Bacuna = missing sitters and consistently making the wrong choices when it matters! Really frustrating!!

Keeper looking ropey and now teams are gonna target him as a weakness for sure!

Amavi appears over-rated

Injuries racking up, Gestede last week, Cissokho this!!

But it's the repeated poor quality finishing that's hurting us and this ridiculous habit of crumbling under pressure.

I actually fear for us now this season. Just looked at the fixture until xmas and it is worrying as i again feel like "where are the wins gonna come from". We need a good win next time out against Forest to restore hope as promotion is looking beyond us already after that debacle!

Not impressed thus far sadly!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:12 am

I was at Monkeyworld with no signal and driving back I'd just stopped the car to throw up in magnificent style (it appears I have that virus) and asked the wife to check the final score, she told me she'd tell me when we got home but I saw the screen. As you can imagine my already bad day got a lot worse!

My wife has the virus now but we can't tell if the (ten-month-old) boy has, he's like that anyway.

I assumed from the little I saw that we were wasting chances again, and with Westwood and Bacuna in the side there are still big problems with midfield. I'm going to have to read up on it all when I can see a bit straighter!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:17 am

Can't see us beating forest unless we move Gollini, Bacuna and Ayew to the bench.

Gollini has still got that habit of pushing balls out back into dangerous areas. This is something that could easily be trained on but for some reason he still isn't. (Or does the GK coach think this is ok?)

Bacuna, besides setting up the goal he hasn't done much. He's a handy player to have but more as a utility player. One to have on the bench as a backup.

Ayew either needs to score a goal soon or be benched. His attitude could be seen as selfish, yes he should have squared the ball to make it 2-0 but then maybe he is desperate to prove to himself and RDM that he can score the goals to take us back up/fashion a move elsewhere in the future lol.

Anybody see or can comment on how well Jedinak did?
avfcjay

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:40 am

FoxyAV wrote:I was at Monkeyworld with no signal and driving back I'd just stopped the car to throw up in magnificent style (it appears I have that virus) and asked the wife to check the final score, she told me she'd tell me when we got home but I saw the screen. As you can imagine my already bad day got a lot worse!

My wife has the virus now but we can't tell if the (ten-month-old) boy has, he's like that anyway.

I'm really tempted to change the word filter so that "St.Andrews" comes up as MonkeyWorld. It seems to fit in well with how you've described your day.

Sorry to hear you're all sick but what is THAT virus? I've genuinely no idea what you're referring to. From monkeys I'm thinking HIV or Ebola. You should probably log out of here and seek medical advice.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 am

Trotters wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I was at Monkeyworld with no signal and driving back I'd just stopped the car to throw up in magnificent style (it appears I have that virus) and asked the wife to check the final score, she told me she'd tell me when we got home but I saw the screen. As you can imagine my already bad day got a lot worse!

I'm really tempted to change the word filter so that "St.Andrews" comes up as MonkeyWorld. It seems to fit in well with how you've described your day.

Sorry to hear you're all sick but what is THAT virus? I've genuinely no idea what you're referring to. From monkeys I'm thinking HIV or Ebola. You should probably log out of here and seek medical advice.

Ha, you definitely should!

Norovirus. Fortunately it's a holiday in the UK on Monday so I get a couple of days to hopefully get rid of most of it but it's highly contageous.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:36 am

I think opposing managers have given us too much respect in the first half of games and stood off allowing Grealish Ayew and McCormack to get plenty of possession and therefore create chances. If you give players with technical ability time on the ball, they'll punish you.

Once they have a chance to reassess and have a go, we have no plan b and can't control a game when we don't have the time and space to operate.

We have no outlet up front for the ball to stick, have no midfielders who can thread a pass in tight spaces, and worst of all, we have no ball winning ability in the team either. Gana and Sanchez won a lot of turnover ball last season but we just keep giving it back to the opposition because of the other issues.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:13 am

We need a Gana who can pass the ball or least pass to someone who can pass. Hence why we will always fail with Westwood in the team!
DelboyVilla

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:59 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Ha, you definitely should!

I definitely have! lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:14 pm

The Utterer wrote:It's the same old story on repeat!

Ayew & Bacuna = missing sitters and consistently making the wrong choices when it matters! Really frustrating!!

Keeper looking ropey and now teams are gonna target him as a weakness for sure!

Amavi appears over-rated

Injuries racking up, Gestede last week, Cissokho this!!

It's an unfortunate situation where you got a lot of new players, new manager, new tactic, and along with this players coming back from injuries rusty as HMS Duke of York.

It's like we got an entire club that needs to get match fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 pm

One thing that keeps me sane is the hope, owner and team compared to last season we will come good but needs settling in.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Indeed. Hope and a few green shoots of change.

The Rotherham result masked over all manner of problems that then came back to the surface. But there are some good signs.

It's a shame really that Xia didn't realise the true extent of the problem a lot earlier.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:22 am

Trotters wrote:I'll also call it now: Amavi, who we thought would piss all over this league is a nothing player. Has the long term injury taken its toll? Was he not really all that good to start with? Who knows but he looked very dodgy in those brief highlights and if Cissokho is preferred then there's a problem.

I really hope someone quotes this in a few weeks to prove how very wrong I am but he looks suspect in the extreme to me.

He's been poor, but I think it's mostly being off pace and lacking match fitness. And he might be a little scared of getting into the mix. Pretty standard reaction after a tough injury. Fastest way to solve it is just to play a LOT of competitive football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6