The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bristol City: match thread

+26
Army villain
thegaffer6
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Fpuppys
avfcjay
BillytheKid
nickf21
Barabass
rosco77
AstonThriller
Villa Ranger
CoE82
Saunders82
Boldfinger
Thinman
danclare82
DelboyVilla
smetro
mefromhere
De Kuip
4BetLite
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
Trotters
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your predictions please....

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap35%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 9 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap38%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 10 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City: match thread

Post by UnclePanda Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Nah @Trotters , its amazing how boobs can cheer up even the most pissed off bloke. McGrath got them right, at least!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:02 pm

A couple of the Bristol fans on there went for a shit, came back and they'd gone from 1-0 down to 2-1 up. Jokingly said they were going back to the loo.

Fuck my old boots, didn't it just work!

Next game lads, everyone in the bog for the entire 2nd half.
Trotters
Trotters

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:04 pm

It's something fundamentally wrong with the club atm. Problem is that signing a ton of players requires a period of bedding them in. I can see us losing way more even after the window is over. I was hoping RDM would sort this bit out, but the results indicate he's pretty clueless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:10 pm

You really have to ask yourself why it is that opposition managers get a look at us for 45 minutes and figure out how to beat us yet a champions league winning manager falls apart in the same period.

There's something very very wrong here. And if it isn't down to pure fitness levels then RDM's job is seriously on the line. Even this early.

If this was FIFA16 and you came across this opposition with the team we have, you'd happily go make a cuppa and still expect to piss it. Ayew, McCormack, Grealish, Amavi, The Beard and our back line is the equivalent of having a cheat code in this league so just WTF is going on?????
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:27 pm

I think it's the bedding in period, we have changed forcibly half a team and more to come and to be fair RDM had no choice cos we was that shit, it's painful it hurts but deep down i know this season the play off's will be decent because other sides are settled in we are not, we have good players just they are not doing it second half in games, i won't call for RDM's head this early and await to see in a month or two where we are at performance and results wise, but it is not easy seeing these capitulations, feels like we are cursed.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Lot of anti-Ayew comments on twitter. Suggestions that Gollini isn't ready either.

Tony has just tweeted that's it's time for another big talk.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Don't think we're getting promoted. We've looked shite all season. A few half decent first halves doesn't change this. We will probably improve later in the season, but not in time for a promotion push. The goal has to be that we hang around the play off spots, but I think that's a tall order for this team.

Sadly i agree i think this season will be rebuilding and finding a team that settles including next summers transfer window, RDM and Tony knew this tbh thats why they both said it was a 2 year plan for promotion aiming for this season to go up but it's obvious how much work and players to bed in was needed to replace last seasons shit, we got a good side but need organising both halves and getting to know each other more imo
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:34 pm

When was the last time we won an away game? You'd literally be the richest bloke in the world if you put one pound on Villa to lose an away game last year and rolled your winnings over to the next away game.

It's certainly looking like a league where anyone can beat anyone and a league where everyone can beat us. So depressing.

Useless overpaid bastards.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:36 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Don't think we're getting promoted. We've looked shite all season. A few half decent first halves doesn't change this. We will probably improve later in the season, but not in time for a promotion push. The goal has to be that we hang around the play off spots, but I think that's a tall order for this team.

Sadly i agree i think this season will be rebuilding and finding a team that settles including next summers transfer window, RDM and Tony knew this tbh thats why they both said it was a 2 year plan for promotion aiming for this season to go up but it's obvious how much work and players to bed in was needed to replace last seasons shit, we got a good side but need organising both halves and getting to know each other more imo

Someone asked him about his 5 year plan to get in the champions league. He replied it won't take that long.

Well, there's a cold slap in the face with a wet fish, Tony.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Trotters wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:

Someone asked him about his 5 year plan to get in the champions league. He replied it won't take that long.

Well, there's a cold slap in the face with a wet fish, Tony.

5 Years imo is a bit unrealistic but if we get promoted by next season latest thats 3 seasons to build a top side attracting top players and paying top wages to come here, it is possible but right now i'm shittin me sen about getting out of this barstool of a cut throat division, one step at a time Tony boy.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:44 pm

I can't comment on the game and where it all went wrong but just like last season clubs tend to sit and watch a while and them hit us and hit us hard for a 15/20Minutes and we crumble like a fucking flake chocolate.

Ayew is a greedy twat and thinks he's much better than he is according to some tweets that I have seen from people at the game.

What makes it worse we now have accumulated 20 yellow cards in 5 games, today alone we picked up 7.

I just hope that RDM can sort this fucking team out in the next two weeks, we have two winnable games at home after the break and unless we start winning games from then onwards we will be lucky to even be mid table come the end of the season.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:52 pm

I can see Dr T sacking RDM not long from now if this second half collapse continues he seems an owner that takes no shit and even though he mentioned a 2 year plan patience is a funny thing i hope not i think we can get better and grow as a team but time will tell
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:28 pm

When you think about it one has to question RDM's tactics tbh. Grealish has never played on the wing in a 442 at this club. He's also shoehorned Ayew onto the wing in four of the games and the central midfield with Westwood always fecking there offers absolutely nothing in the final third.

So from a tactical point of view the ship isn't steady and mistakes are being made. Then we have the mentality of some of the individuals in that team. Ayew, Gestede, Grealish, Bacuna, Amavi, Cissokho and Westwood are all part of the squad and bar Amavi they've all started most of the games this season. They were all part of the worst squad in the club's history last season too. So it is any coincidence that we continue to see collapses like we saw today and at Luton?

Also our failure to score is hardly a surprise is it? We've got ONE new striker in this window which is Mccormack. We have no other new attacking options and when you break it down how many goals did Bacuna score last season? ONE, How many goals did Grealish score last season? ONE, how many goals did Ayew score last season? SEVEN, Gestede? SIX, Westwood? TWO etc etc.

I mean Ayew has never even scored fifteen goals in a single season. While Gestede may have gotten twenty-two for Blackburn, before that he'd never scored more than twelve goals in a season. So when it comes to consistency Mccormack is the only one who is proven in our team and yet as always we get a new player and suddenly he's not looking like the player we saw at Fulham although granted it's still early days.

The fragile mentality of this squad is beyond worrying. What they've shown us thus far is that they can't see out a game (Wednesday and Hudderfield) and once they concede they collapse like a pack of cards (Luton and Bristol). That's four out of the six games we've played this season.

I also have to question Gollini's position too. Giving a young kid this responsibility when we're trying to go for promotion might be a big mistakes tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:30 pm

It's a mess at the moment, we play ok first half, then it all goes to shit second half, Ayew is no team player should have passed to McCormack for a tap in.
No way will we go up this season on this performance. 
Manager needs to get tough with this team, or he will be the next out the door.this owner will not take prisoners,
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:36 pm

I'll post my massive overreaction of: we're useless and are going down. Might as well give up now. Sell up Tony. Out out out!

But more realistically we have a better squad than last season. We have ability and now we need to make them work together as a team and build a mentality. That won't happen overnight but it can happen and will happen. Keep the faith
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Next two weeks will be tough and I seriously hope RDM and the rest of the team shape the squad up as much as he can.

IMO once we get rid off the likes of JL, MR and GA or paid them to fuck off the winning mentality might come back to us.

The Doctor needs to get his prescription book out for at least 4/5 new signings, we had a fairly strong line up today but the bench looked pretty weak.

Last edited by Fpuppys on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 pm

If Gollini was suspect again it's rather sad, but I'll give him more time.

Anyway, does anyone know a link to the goals that works outside the UK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:04 pm

The "we have many new players who need to gel" argument doesn't explain why we have dominating first half performances. if players need time to gel they should be better in the second half than in the first.

Why so poor in the second half?

- The players slack off because they think they have already achieved something or because they can't be bothered with further exertion because previous exertions had proved futile. Half the team puts a little less effort in than they did and the resulting collective effort is not good enough against teams in this league. Maybe they slack because they think they are too good for this league.

- After an aggressive first period RDM wants to play it "tight" in the second half to preserve the lead or keep the point but the players can't do that.

- RDM has same aggressive tactics in the second half as the first but certain player become nervous over the slender lead and don't have the guts to get forward or make that crucial forward pass.

- Players lack fitness.

Con
Con

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:06 pm

I never thought I'd say it but I think we missed Gestede the last couple of games and I don't think Ayew has the mentality to cope in this league.

I've been sad and plotted a graph of how many points we might need to be 1st, 2nd, in the play offs and to avoid relegation. So far we are on course at a point a game to scrape through this season avoiding relegation. However, as it's early 2 wins will get us back on course for the play offs. All teams lose at least a few games a season. We need to get the players working from the same play book over the next fortnight as we can't afford to lose many more games and there are still around 40 games to get through.
I can see Dr X willing to splash some cash next week now as he doesn't seem the type of man to accept failure this season. The problem I can see him having is persuading players with the quality we need to join us. We might be surprised by a couple of loans come Wednesday night.
Barabass
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Army villain wrote:It's a mess at the moment, we play ok first half, then it all goes to shit second half, Ayew is no team player should have passed to McCormack for a tap in.
No way will we go up this season on this performance. 
Manager needs to get tough with this team, or he will be the next out the door.this owner will not take prisoners,

Totally agree re Ayew, since he came he has done the same wins the ball gets into the box and shoots NEVER looks up looking to bring in teammates, he needs a real rocket and reminded there is no I in team, until he learns that we will never move on. Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 1327487109 Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 1327487109 Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:16 pm

assist for the second goal - Chester is out of position, but why isn't our midfielder with the bright orange boots diving to block the pass through?

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 PmUev#M85pVcA

https://imgur.com/a/pmUev

Last edited by Con on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Okey just watched the goals on youtube.

Gollini didn't seem at fault for any of the goals if you ask me. He pushed the ball the side, but Amavi was sleeping and their attacker got on it. Obviously it's ideal if a keeper holds on to shots, but when you are partially covered it's not that easy. Unless there are other shite interceptions my summary didn't show, then I don't think we should worry too much about our goalkeeper.

Regarding Ayew he got into some nice positions, but his finishing is awful. I think there is something wrong about his attitude though. Look at how he walked back after Grealish's goal. I like Ayew because he makes things happen, but his attitude is poison.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:45 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK...................................................

This is the only explanation, read here at your own peril.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:54 pm

I have tp say I'm at a loss to understand this team, I know there are still problem positions in the team, but for crying out loud when we are on top like we have been in the first half of games recently, why doesn't their professionalism come to the fore and they put the game to bed, jeeeeez. Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 1420239857 Bristol City: match thread  - Page 5 1420239857
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next