The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by smetro Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:42 am

Ive always thought the wolves game would be the cruncher. But with Dr Tony hinting that he won't be around much until the end of October - in might be that RDM gets the wole of next month...
smetro
smetro

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:56 am

smetro wrote:Ive always thought the wolves game would be the cruncher. But with Dr Tony hinting that he won't be around much until the end of October - in might be that RDM gets the wole of next month...

I think that giving RDM October is probably the right thing, should we lose 2-3 games by then I think that should be the end of RDM. He has to step up another couple of levels and get this club winning football matches. I think a lot will depend on how close/far we are from the automatic promotion places come November. I believe we have the players capable of going on a 5,6,7 game win streak in this league, and depending on other teams results in the coming weeks a run like that still might not be enough to get us in touch with top 2. For me it wouldn't be acceptable for this club to lose all realistic touch with top 2.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:56 am

It was always going to happen that eventually Dr X would have to start backing away a little - I don't think it means that the pressure is off RDM. I should imagine that the board have discussed a number of plans in place ready for how results go over upcoming games.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:11 am

His other business commitments is the reason he is not there for a while. He is a slightly busy chap.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 am

NARLA24 wrote:His other business commitments is the reason he is not there for a while. He is a slightly busy chap.

hes filling up the villa pot good and proper. probably just sold one of his companys for a cool billion

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:24 am

jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:His other business commitments is the reason he is not there for a while. He is a slightly busy chap.

hes filling up the villa pot good and proper. probably just sold one of his companys for a cool billion
Nice one fella.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Time to go RDM

11 games against average Championship teams with 1 win (against the weakest of the lot of them) and 3 defeats?!

THAT IS GRIM!! Not impressed and it's getting worse. Awful.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Get rid. He's doing most things wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:13 pm

I don't like changing managers and I've been behind RDM from the beginning, but, when you are 2-0 down because your midfield has been overrun on the counter even though we are dominating play, you do not take of a midfielder and put on a striker. If we can bring in a new and better manager then I'm up for it.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:14 pm

He's gone for sure. If not, then I'll have massive doubts Iver Xia's ambition.

I posted on twitter that if I was RDM I'd admit to match fixing because that HAS to look better than being this galactically stupid.

It's just completely unfathomable what he's done today.
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Trotters wrote:He's gone for sure. If not, then I'll have massive doubts Iver Xia's ambition.

I posted on twitter that if I was RDM I'd admit to match fixing because that HAS to look better than being this galactically stupid.

I actually feel sorry for the Doc, the man has give it everything, absolutely everything.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:13 pm

I've been advocating patience because draws are tricky to judge against but looking at the last 2 games we're getting worse. Maybe I'm panicking because of the last few seasons but we can't blame bad luck & injuries. This is not the new dawn we were promised.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Two in midfield does not work, so RDM does it again and then compounds the problem by taking one of them off for the second half, why not put another midfielder on instead to help the other two, an imbecile could manage better than this!

I am certain I couldn't do worse than this muppet!

achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Trying to shoehorn players in is not the way forward, they can be on the bench waiting for their time, when I say he had Westwood in for Tish, I knew we were going to be in it, he puts the wrong team out at the start then when he realises it he has to use up subs trying to cure it and get back to where we should be, I don't see any future for him. I know that other teams will be trying their hardest to beat us cos were Villa, especially with 2 players who we moved on, BUT with the squad we have we should still cope at the moment we don't. There are better managers out there doing a lot better with lesser squads, I don't know what these lot do all week they don't look as if they train together. Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 1327487109 Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Trotters wrote:He's gone for sure. If not, then I'll have massive doubts Iver Xia's ambition.

Yep thats starting to bother me. If RDM gets the rest of this month because dr Tony is to busy with other things thats a cause for concern. He done lots of good things but as Lerner found you can't run Aston Villa down a telephone line. Think he should hand this issue over to Wyness to sort out if he doesn't have time.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Been backing RDM and realise the mess we were in and it would take time maybe even this season tbh, but it is getting harder to defend RDM and his team selections, all i can say is the good Dr understands us fans and knows when we start proper calling for RDM's head then he will put out the guillotine and oblige, not long for RDM to go now me thinks probably the Wolves game.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:13 pm

I have just got back in and as many of you know I have been in the 'give RDM more time' camp but after today's debarcle I am in the 100% get this clown out camp.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 pm

never rated RDM and never wanted him, but was willing to give him a go, but sadly after today's dreadful result to with the dreadful team selection and tactics he has to go and should be gone by morning, total not up to the job, its ok winning with chelsea with a world class squad but now hes been found out, we need a blood and guts manager.

We might not like it but our players need a good kick up the arse and RDM has shown he cant do it.
CoE82
CoE82

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Ive just heard whisper that Rowet is very highly rated by one member of the villa board.
Thsts noy implying that RDM is gone, or that Rowett is lined up. But he would be a contender....

IMO of the employed managers he is gettable.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:30 pm

smetro wrote:Ive just heard whisper that Rowet is very highly rated by one member of the villa board.
Thsts noy implying that RDM is gone, or that Rowett is lined up. But he would be a contender....

The worry there for me is if Rowett had a shaky start or spell as manager here with his Small Heath chavs connections the pressure and anger turned onto him from our faithful would pretty quickly be a blood bath, so i would prefer Dean Smith over Rowett purely for this reason.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:36 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
smetro wrote:Ive just heard whisper that Rowet is very highly rated by one member of the villa board.

The worry there for me is if Rowett had a shaky start or spell as manager here with his Small Heath chavs connections the pressure and anger turned onto him from our faithful would pretty quickly be a blood bath, so i would prefer Dean Smith over Rowett purely for this reason.

my worry would be for Rowetts safety at the ST andrews match.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 pm

smetro wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:

my worry would be for Rowetts safety at the ST andrews match.

LOL oh there is that too Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 13 498107619

But after seeing with Mcleish how the ties to the Blues lot can cause tensions and patience to be non existent, this would be my concern matey although it would be effin funny to see there chavy faces when he left them for us lol!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Not normally one to push for a managers sacking so early as I like to see them given time, but after that performance, team selection and tactics it's obvious that RDM hasn't got a clue.

Starting with Westwood in midfield again, because Tshibola needs resting? Wtf... then subbing him off at half time because he was shite, to then play a 4-1-5 formation when the midfield was already benign over run suggests that not only does he not know what to do but that he is also trying to accomodate all of his expensive forward signings into the team instead of trying to find a balanced team, and to do that he has to leave at least 2 of them on the bench.

If we can get Sanchez or Vertout back then I would do it straight away as they are both better than Westwood.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:25 pm

I also don't think Xia being busy for the next month will have any impact on the sacking as he can still easily pick up the phone to Wyness and tell him to get rid. He doesn't have to do it himself, or if he wants to do it himself he can cal RDM directly.

If he doesn't get sacked until the end of the month I believe it's because he wants to give him more time, not because he's too busy.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:57 am

Sack him now
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down