The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paddy Riley

+12
AstonThriller
Thinman
Villa_Dan
Alf T
FoxyAV
NARLA24
Dazzle
Trotters
smetro
DelboyVilla
4BetLite
Terry Derry
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paddy Riley Empty Paddy Riley

Post by Terry Derry Sun May 08, 2016 10:12 pm

How the fuck is Riley still here? He has miserably failed at his job. A new manager won't want him. Why doesn't Axeman twat Hollis fuck him off. That slimy Wijeratna can go as well.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Paddy Riley 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Paddy Riley Empty Re: Paddy Riley

Post by 4BetLite Sun May 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Amen to that.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Paddy Riley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon May 09, 2016 8:03 am

Simply he is protected by Lerner.

Part of the Inbred Fucktard Crew!!!!!
DelboyVilla

Paddy Riley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 09, 2016 8:15 am

His 'Mrs' is pretty high up in the finance dept apparently
smetro
smetro

Paddy Riley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 09, 2016 8:45 am

There must be something going on because he's shit at his job - as illustrated by the club's disastrous league placing and points total - so the only reason not to fire him along with the others that were dismissed is because his wife works in accounts???

Er...so?

Is it a case of "fire me and certain financial irregularities will be made available to the authorities"?
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Riley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 09, 2016 8:49 am

Trotters wrote:
There must be something going on because he's shit at his job - as illustrated by the club's disastrous league placing and points total - so the only reason not to fire him along with the others that were dismissed is because his wife works in accounts???

Er...so?

Is it a case of "fire me and certain financial irregularities will be made available to the authorities"?

More likley she has an important part to play in the takeover....
smetro
smetro

Paddy Riley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 09, 2016 8:59 am

Well, where's the fun in that? Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Riley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon May 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Whilst we're all having a pop at Riley, should we be berating him for the fact that Delph, Benteke, and Vlaar all contractually left? Should we completely berate him for being responsible for bringing Ayew, Gana, Amavi, etc to the club, players that most seem to think are actually quite decent? If we look at the players that have been poor this season we all look toward Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, Guzan, Agbonlahor etc.........none of which, I believe, were the responsibility of Riley? So I ask the question, are we being a little OTT with Riley?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Paddy Riley 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 09, 2016 2:00 pm

I don't think so. Almstadt and Fox sold Lerner on a malformed idea that Riley executed poorly. That he got part of it right is, to my mind, the equivalent of applauding a jigsaw puzzle with a third of the pieces forced into place and the other third lying around the floor.

Again, the source of all this failure was Lerner with his naivety and inability to properly see a project through. But if his eyes and ears had fucked off to Australia and back to University, how was/is Riley meant to do his job? If he is head of recruitment, maybe he needed to recruit some scouts that were actually scouting.

This MoneyBall idea, in theory, may have been sound. But in the real world it hasn't worked. And that failure has cost Lerner untold millions, has cost the club it's place amongst the English football elite and has caused no end of misery for the fans.

And a massive chunk of that failure lies with Riley, in my view. The failures far outweighs any positives, for me. And if these failures were enough to see the likes of Fox and Almstadt, then why not Riley? Well, as you say, he wasn't responsible for signing much of the absolute shit that have so badly let us down this season - and his appointments could be argued to be some of the better performers. But surely it's also his role to identify players that NEED replacing (I'm focusing more on the awful defence that has ultimately cost us) and get them replaced?

Whilst maybe not as culpable as Almstadt and certainly not in the same fuckery league as Fox and Lerner, he's only done half a job in my opinion.
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Riley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 09, 2016 8:06 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Simply he is protected by Lerner.

Part of the Inbred Fucktard Crew!!!!!
100% spot on with that statement
NARLA24
NARLA24

Paddy Riley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 10, 2016 8:48 am

Dazzle wrote:Whilst we're all having a pop at Riley, should we be berating him for the fact that Delph, Benteke, and Vlaar all contractually left? Should we completely berate him for being responsible for bringing Ayew, Gana, Amavi, etc to the club, players that most seem to think are actually quite decent? If we look at the players that have been poor this season we all look toward Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, Guzan, Agbonlahor etc.........none of which, I believe, were the responsibility of Riley? So I ask the question, are we being a little OTT with Riley?

In a poor squad - some won't be as poor as others. Ayew has flickered briefly, and is the best of this lot. But he's no superstar imo.

The rest have delivered 3 wins all season - Id be relectant to describe any of them as 'quite decent' - due to the money sloshing around we might recoup what we paid.

In any case we had £50m to spend and we didn't sign the right players to stay in the division - if he is 'head of recruitment' than his 'head' must role.
smetro
smetro

Paddy Riley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 9:12 am

smetro wrote:
Dazzle wrote:Whilst we're all having a pop at Riley, should we be berating him for the fact that Delph, Benteke, and Vlaar all contractually left? Should we completely berate him for being responsible for bringing Ayew, Gana, Amavi, etc to the club, players that most seem to think are actually quite decent? If we look at the players that have been poor this season we all look toward Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, Guzan, Agbonlahor etc.........none of which, I believe, were the responsibility of Riley? So I ask the question, are we being a little OTT with Riley?

In a poor squad - some won't be as poor as others. Ayew has flickered briefly, and is the best of this lot. But he's no superstar imo.

The rest have delivered 3 wins all season - Id be relectant to describe any of them as 'quite decent'  - due to the money sloshing around we might recoup what we paid.

In any case we had £50m to spend and we didn't sign the right players to stay in the division - if he is 'head of recruitment' than his 'head' must role.

I think Ayew has huge potential but he's having to do all the work himself. Our midfield has been too defensive and through the year we've consistently had players playing out of position and I'd be surprised if we've played the same starting 11 twice.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Paddy Riley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat May 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Ask the Managers who have tried to do their job with him there.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Paddy Riley 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sun May 15, 2016 4:18 am

'Tactics' Tim, let it be known through his media mates, that he had NO Say in recruitment, or the majority of it last summer.
Really-O-Riley was on the "Transfer Committee" or whatever Fox called it, and Fox said that the manager, 'Tactics' had the right to veto suggestions.

Whether he realised that or whether that's a false narrative, we can't know. Very Happy

But we do know that Really-O-Riley was involved in spotting and procuring future talent.
All last summer's "Transfer Committee" have gone, sacked or saught fresh challenges after trousering their pay-offs.

The Transfer Committe that brought in these players last summer - in excess of £50 million - is defunct, gone, DEAD.

Except Really-O-Riley.

How come ?

What other job is he being paid for, since we haven't transferred anyone since last summer -- what on earth is he doing
each and every day ?
How does he spend his time, earning his salary when we haven't bought in, one single player since the Window closed last August?

His input has been defunct, since last year... and his presence may endanger a new Manager joining so what is he doing? Watching You Tubes and free DVDs from agents? We don't have a new manager yet, nor new owners...if he has spent 9 months speculating on future transfers, surely a new manager and / or a new owner should have made his presence redundant to Lerner ?
If you are selling your house, you cancel the decorators before the gardeners.

Money down the drain...yet again.
Alf T
Alf T

Paddy Riley 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue May 24, 2016 8:20 am

Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Paddy Riley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 24, 2016 8:22 am

Villa_Dan wrote:More good news
Hope this is true, He really is an incompetent dick.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Paddy Riley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue May 24, 2016 8:40 am

Fingers crossed it is good riddance to the useless cockwomble!
DelboyVilla

Paddy Riley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 24, 2016 8:43 am

"Xia and his team of advisors have discussed a future without Riley..."

And just how do the Birmingham Mail know this?

File under "I hope so but it's bullshit"
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Riley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 24, 2016 8:51 am

Hope he goes - don't want a face for Remi Di Matteo to hide behind !!
smetro
smetro

Paddy Riley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue May 24, 2016 8:54 am

Trotts they seem to think they have the inside track on everything Villa ATM??

From Moyes to Riley I think they must have bugged Dr X office??
DelboyVilla

Paddy Riley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 24, 2016 8:56 am

For your next kids birthday party: "pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey" or, for the younger children "Make something up for the Birmingham Mail"
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Riley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 am

They also are making a big deal about the fit and proper thing? They really do hate us!!
DelboyVilla

Paddy Riley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 am

I'm wondering whether Riley's continued and inexplicable presence was one of the reasons for Moyes turning us down.

Moyes arrives at VP and spots the little runt sitting at a desk playing Solitaire.

"What! Is he still here? I'm off".
Thinman
Thinman

Paddy Riley 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 24, 2016 11:11 am

Riley would be the number one obstacle for any manager. They'll want control over player transfers and as soon as it gets pointed out we have a man for that then..... See ya!
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Riley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Some rare footage here of Riley and Almstaadt practising their money ball expertise in France last year, watch carefully, they did get a dog in the end!

4BetLite
4BetLite

Paddy Riley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next