The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paddy Reilly

+7
FoxyAV
Dek of Villa
lukevilla
Trotters
Green Villan
Dave Hall
villabromsgrove
11 posters

Go down

Paddy Reilly Empty Paddy Reilly

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Paddy's name is mentioned by Tom Fox as part of the "famous four" that is going to take Villa forward. It seems as though Villa are going to spend on new players, but this time according to Fox they will have more chance of being the "right players" with Reilly's involvement. Fox seems to attach as much importance to Paddy Reilly as he does to Paul Lambert in his recent interview. One of Lambert's redeeming qualities (as well as being a nice guy) is that he genuinely doesn't seem to have an ego. Will PL's occasional eye for a player added to the combined efforts of Paddy Reilly and the OPTA input be enough to turn Villa around?
villabromsgrove

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Paddy Reilly Empty Re: Paddy Reilly

Post by Dave Hall Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:03 am

Tom Fox's obsession with Paddy Riley/Reilly is as ridiculous as his belief in Lambert. I thought he may have a clue when he joined us but elevating this clown into the Villa top 4 is outrageous.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Paddy Reilly 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:08 am

Who the feck is Paddy Reilly?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paddy Reilly 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Green Villan wrote:Who the feck is Paddy Reilly?
Patrick Reilly was at Villa from the time of O'Leary until about 2012 when he went to Liverpool. He spent most of that time as our Stats Guru at a time when all that info appeared to be ignored by first Doug and then Randy.

It appears that we're going to get in line with all the other clubs and use facts rather than wishful thinking when it comes to recruitment .... As long as they don't cost too much!
villabromsgrove

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Ahh thanks VB he must of just disappeared from my memory.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paddy Reilly 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Fucking hell he'd be the last person Lambert would want in a room. Lack of ego is one thing but he'd need to be dead not to be dreading the words "Right, Paddy, what statistics have you got for us..."

Fuck me is there ANY stat at all that would please Lambert? There can't be, right? Unless OPTA broke and all data from the last two years has corrupted, it's going to make for ugly ugly reading.

However, whilst I'd use it as a stick to beat Lambert with (repeatedly), I'm guessing that they'll use it to improve things so let's see what the next few weeks hold.
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Reilly 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 am

Funny that we got him in now considering stats didnt matter not long ago to lambert but now he is please that we are having more possession?!
lukevilla

Paddy Reilly 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:42 am

Lamberk is taking the piss out of the Villa.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paddy Reilly 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:29 am

Absolutely nothing will change at the Villa under Lambert so old Paddy, ( who I have never heard of before now but I wish him well! ) can bring in the very best players from Barcelona and Real Madrid and Lambert would destroy them.

You can see that, I can see that but incredibly the people who could actually do something about it appear to be blind to the man's inadequacy and this continuing dross is only browbeating Villa fans into submission and turning them away from the club.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Paddy Reilly 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:37 am

Green Villan wrote:Lamberk is taking the piss out of the Villa.

"Lamberk"

wow...people really are still using that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Green Villan wrote:Lamberk is taking the piss out of the Villa.

"Lamberk"

wow...people really are still using that?

What are you? in junior school or something?

If you actually read posts on this site you'll see that I hardly ever use Lamberk. Nice attempt at a wind up you berk!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paddy Reilly 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:44 am

Keane goes, Reilly comes in, the two centre backs go wide when Guzan gets the ball so he can roll it out to them. We try passing the ball up the field (or at least Clark or Okore can punt it more accurately than Guzan if necessary) and Guzan doesn't just give the ball away with a long kick to Benteke.

None of us has liked Lambert's style of play but it's possible things could actually change. N'Zogbia was crap against Leicester IIRC and was replaced around the hour mark. Not something we've seen before, actively substituting ineffective or disinterested players before the 80-minute mark. Of course the 60-minuite substitution window could go, I wonder where Lambert gets that from. Is there any reason for making changes after an hour or is it just that you give the half time talk and if after 15 minutes it's not working you take someone off?

I saw a news story on Newsnow about Villa's interest in a winger. Out of all the nonsense on there (ManU target this, shall we buy Delph at West Ham that) to be linked with a winger is a little unusual since Lambert does not believe in them. We still have Tonev out on loan and he may improve (or get banned, sacked and never seen again) but I still feel Lambert has limited his selection of regular players to those capable of defending tirelessly or chasing after occasional chances on the counter and not the kind of players we need that can enable different formations and tactics. One tactic isn't good enough for the Premier League. Gabby and Wiemann are strikers, they're not effective where they are (especially Wiemann, who is a poacher and can find space - if he's allowed to) but it's as if they're played there because we have a limited squad. Who would we stick on the left or right in a 4-4-2? Delph and Cleverley? Compared to, say, Young and Downing?

We'll have to see what happens but it appears three/four significant things have happened over the last few weeks:Reilly comes in, Keane goes out, Clark and Okore emerge as a very good looking central defence pair/tactical change possibly brought about by this of Guzan supplying the ball to these two rather than hoofing to Benteke.

I'm trying to be optimistic!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Just to answer my question about who we would play on the wings, I looked at the Villa squad on the AVFC website and our options are (available to play, not on loan, not played out of position):

Left: Delph, Grealish (although for me Grealish should sit behind the strikers and have free reign).

Right: Bacuna, Cleverley, N'Zog.

No real wingers there are there, possibly with the exception of N'Zog.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Townsend or Salah on loan would give Lambert the opportunity to see if he could play with an out and out winger.

Reilly will have a short list of potential players for each position we need to strengthen. All we need is Randy to blow the cobwebs out of his wallet!
villabromsgrove

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Lennon leaving Spurs, I know his crossing is GREAT, but he's pacy and outwide could work wonders for us.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Yup mate Lennon has already been mentioned elsewhere on site by myself and a few other posters. Good little player and would improve us but slightly worried about his injury record.

It would be no surprise to me he ends up at QPR.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Paddy Reilly 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Nathan Dyer has had his appearances at Swansea seriously limited this season, worth a punt?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Hall Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Morpheus wrote:Yup mate Lennon has already been mentioned elsewhere on site by myself and a few other posters. Good little player and would improve us but slightly worried about his injury record.

It would be no surprise to me he ends up at QPR.

We must be in with a chance of getting him if he has a poor injury record. Come along to our Rehab, draw your wages and then go elsewhere when fit again.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall

Paddy Reilly 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Nathan Dyer has had his appearances at Swansea seriously limited this season, worth a punt?

Is he a full back or CB I forget.

I'm a plank I was thinking of Taylor, Dyer is the winger, yep I'd take him, good talent and he's English too.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paddy Reilly 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:03 am

Just a tiny bit to add on Reilly. He left shortly after MON did (According to Mat K) he went to liverpool and now back with us. With that said, I still don't know who he is, but a little nervous given some of the shit both MON and Liverpool bought.

That said, if changes are afoot, it can only be described as a positive..
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:11 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Just a tiny bit to add on Reilly. He left shortly after MON did (According to Mat K) he went to liverpool and now back with us. With that said, I still don't know who he is, but a little nervous given some of the shit both MON and Liverpool bought.

That said, if changes are afoot, it can only be described as a positive..
I think the interesting thing is that the method used to identify new signings will change. It won't just be based on what we briefly see and what we think we know, with a little bit of instinct and gut reaction thrown in. It will be based on a total statistical breakdown of the player's career to date. Each specific role that he's been given at each club will be analysed and graded before a decision is made.

villabromsgrove

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Paddy Reilly Moneyball_Poster
Trotters
Trotters

Paddy Reilly 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:53 am

Good points VB, Hopefully he will prove an asset. I just worry he was involved in Habib Beye and the ilk, although knowing MON he had total control and didn't listen to anyone else.

Here's hoping...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Was it Reilly whose stats said go for Heskey rather than Falcao?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Paddy Reilly 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 pm

South London Villan wrote:Was it Reilly whose stats said go for Heskey rather than Falcao?
I don't think MON ever listened to anyone when he wanted to buy a player. Paddy Reilly probably sat in his office and played computer games to pass the time.
villabromsgrove

Paddy Reilly 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down