The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team for the Championship??

+54
Boldfinger
danclare82
Kakacroom
Aston Phila
JoshKaiAV
VTID85
lukevilla
1Elliot
Mr_Spadge
nickf21
Saunders82
AstonThriller
De Kuip
mikethevillain
Lammypaul
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
South London Villan
andrew24561
Alf T
achilles
BillytheKid
big ming
fastbackace
Rawlie
AVFClee
bruka
KMitch
Con
Trotters
River
Leafs1201
ember
DaveAV1
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Dions_Bald_Head
thegaffer6
avfc85
Robbo
mefromhere
4BetLite
UnclePanda
gdav
VillaBill
jeffvilla
smetro
Stratfordvilla
villajk
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
58 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 Empty Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Jerrell Sellars should be playing a fair amount for us next season I reckon. The few times I've seen him he's looked decent and Wycombe fans seem to think he's alright. 20 years old as well. Let him sink or swim in a Villa shirt

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:58 pm

If it's the inflatable fat shirt that Gabby has been wearing he certainly won't sink :) :) :)
DaveAV1

Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Sellars might be lightweight but he deserves to be given a go, I would love to get Barry back for 1 or 2 seasons as Captain we need to bring back people that have an affiliation with our club.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:58 pm

We get 40 million parachute payments. The need to sell players is not there. Make them stay, earn the team a promotion and reward them with a release clause.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:48 pm

I still say we need to get Fernando Forestieri in from Sheff Weds as one of our first signings, very technically gifted and scores regularly for a midfielder.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:56 pm

I agree, but I think he's more a trequartista type of forward than a midfielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I agree, but I think he's more a trequartista type of forward than a midfielder

Someone has been playing FootballManager 2016 too much!! lol! Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 498107619
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:51 am

Of the current squad I'd keep:
Okore (probably will be sold)
Clark
Gueye (but will leave)
Westwood (been given stick but I think he gives his all. Not Premier League class perhaps but will be good in Championship)
Sinclair (dont care if he goes)
Veretout (will probably leave)
Ayew (will probably leave)
Adama (has so much flair but so inconsistent and will probably leave)
Amavi
Gill
Gestede
Grealish

Obvious;y keep lyden and sellars etc
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:01 am

Take Gueye off your list. His agent has come out in the press saying he wants a move to a premier league team or to the Bundesliga.

Classy stuff when the referees whilstle hadn't yet stopped echoing around Old Trafford.
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:31 am

Dazzle wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I agree, but I think he's more a trequartista type of forward than a midfielder

Someone has been playing FootballManager 2016 too much!! lol! Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 498107619

True lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 am

I really like Okore, and think we should be building a new team around key players, like him, Veretout (also not featuring at the moment), Gueye and Ayew, supplemented with the best players from the U21s and bought in. We've spent too long giving pension supplements to the likes of Richardson, Cole, Lescott, Richards and so on. Okore plays well with Clark, another I'd like to see staying and who I think can do a good job in the Championship.

The team has been rebuilt every year since Randy lost interest, we need to do this properly and do it with a view to promotion next season. Okore's never really had a chance (injury and being overlooked for Richards, for example) and the likes of Gueye and Ayew are only just starting to settle into the Premier League. I think they'll be fantastic in the Championship. I've mentioned this before, keep them on for this coming season on the promise that if they help us get promoted they get very good money. They could be much better than the kinds of teams likely to want to buy them - I don't think any of them are top six level yet, and they wouldn't get the time. They shouldn't be going to (random lower half team) or a promoted side when they could be part of something really good with Villa.

Of course it could all go as well as Randy's handling of everything else, all our best players could leave and we'd be left with the ones we can't sell or persuade to leave, and a manager no one's ever heard of coming to the club and having to select from Gabby, Bacuna, Richardson, Lescott, a few U21 players and whoever they can bring in with the £5million Randy lets them spend.

This really fucks me off. Okore plays on the right of the central defence. Both Lescott and Clark are left-sided. So instead of playing our best defensive partnership of Okore and Clark, let's demote one to the U21s, treat him like shit and make it very clear he's not wanted:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jores-okore-reveals-been-demoted-11216301

Last edited by FoxyAV on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Team for the Championship?? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:29 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
This really fucks me off. Okore plays on the right of the central defence. Both Lescott and Clark are left-sided. So instead of playing our best defensive partnership of Okore and Clark, let's demote one to the U21s, treat him like shit and make it very clear he's not wanted:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jores-okore-reveals-been-demoted-11216301

I agree. Completely stupid decision to demote a player who wants to play and prove himself. That's passion. That's what the team need.

Instead the Villa first team is the preserve of players like Agbonlahor, Lescott and Richards.

I guess now, like the rest of the good players we demote, Okore will be sold to Bolton for £1m where he'll play a couple of years then get sold to Chelsea for £30 million.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 pm

I've just read the article. Quite stunning. I'm not sure he's a brilliant defender but he has heart and that alone puts him lightyears ahead of Lescott. I also can't image that when asking for a go he was abusive towards Black. I'm guessing he pointed out the performance and lack of professionalism by some of the other players who still get a run and Black didn't much care for that.

Well, fuck him. Okore is spot on. And my loathing of this team and its coaching staff deepens by the hour.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Trotters wrote:I've just read the article. Quite stunning. I'm not sure he's a brilliant defender but he has heart and that alone puts him lightyears ahead of Lescott. I also can't image that when asking for a go he was abusive towards Black. I'm guessing he pointed out the performance and lack of professionalism by some of the other players who still get a run and Black didn't much care for that.

Well, fuck him. Okore is spot on. And my loathing of this team and its coaching staff deepens by the hour.

He's 23, he's still not there but he has a lot of his career ahead of him and really hasn't played that much for us what with injuries and simply not being selected. He's better than Richards ever was at CB though, and played well with Clark last season. My point though is we have a very good opportunity to build a squad based around some good players and I think Okore will shine in the Championship. I think a back four of good RB, Okore, Clark and Amavi could take us a long way in the Championship and doesn't have to cost us much.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 pm

I rate Okore and always have. Lescott isn't going to be here next season and neither wiLloyd Richards. So why bother playing them?

Okore could be. Him, Clark, Hutton will likely be 3 of our back 4 next season assume we keep Okore. Amavi at LB and Baker as cover at CB.

Fuck you Black, you clueless Super-Sugarbag
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Or maybe we should give Black some credit here.

If he wants to keep Okore at Villa because he knows he's good, why put him the first team where he can prove himself to the other Premier League clubs he's worth buying in the remaining games left of the season? Hide him a way. Make his asking price look unrealistic.

Just a thought.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Unless doing so fucks off the player to the point they publicly complain making teams aware that he wants out
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:29 pm

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Yep, me too. Normally I'd be dead against players trying to dictate things but he's tried to do it the right way by training and playing well. So the likes of him and Bunn get shafted whilst others perform like utter sugarbags both on and off the pitch and yet still get picked week after miserable week.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Eric Black is a thundercunt who should get out of our club. Shithead. I hope he brains himself on a low branch and has to relinquish his duties.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:57 pm

It says a lot about the quality of the football that people getting free seats (and even being paid a large amount of money to be there) don't want to watch!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Trotters wrote:Yep, me too. Normally I'd be dead against players trying to dictate things but he's tried to do it the right way by training and playing well. So the likes of him and Bunn get shafted whilst others perform like utter sugarbags both on and off the pitch and yet still get picked week after miserable week.

Agreed. Okore is one of the few players I'll be sad to see go this summer. He's a solid defender that should be playing for someone like Southampton or Everton and not in the Championship.

Speaking of Eric Black, my fear when he was brought in was that he was the "backup plan" for Garde, considering Garde admitted to know knowing him before Reilly hired him. He speaks French, has "Championship Experience", and is on a fraction of the wages an actual manager would cost. Looks like my fears weren't unfounded.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:30 pm

I think Okore is a cocksucking sugarbag. Hope he has a massive leg break and no team will touch him

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:49 pm

If the money is there would love to see us sign Cook and McCormack off the bat. Then maybe the Judge from Brentford  and even maybe Henry and Sawyer from Walsall and Grigg from Wigan. All affordable and all, in my opinion, would love to sign for a club of our stature.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:26 pm

So after the Chelsea 4-0 Okore tells Black he thinks he deserves a chance. Black says he trains well in the week and he's not deemed good enough to replace Lescott and his new car.

Player power has gone too far but manager incompetence has reached a whole level.

Team Jores!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next