The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Championship

+6
Trotters
andrew24561
VillaBill
Boldfinger
Villa_Dan
bruka
10 posters

Go down

The Championship Empty The Championship

Post by bruka Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:43 pm

There has been a lot of negativity surrounding our club recently and rightfully so but I am actually looking forward to the championship. Obviously I would live for us to be taken over by billionaire owners who get us back to the Prem immediately where we kick on and obtain Champions League football but years as a Villa fan have made me a realist. No matter the situation regarding ownership, management and even the fuckwits who call themselves players I cannot wait for the games against Blues and Wolves, along with Leed and Cardiff, etc. We might, as a lot if my Wolves mates say be in for a shock but it's different, it's not a guaranteed battering against City on a Monday night, nor is it a "well we did well to get a point" against fuckin Swansea. I am excited for next season and I haven't felt excited about a Villa game for quite some time. Would still love it if we relegate Newcastle again though lol.
bruka

The Championship 0_star10

Back to top Go down

The Championship Empty Re: The Championship

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 pm

I'm very excited to see some new grounds, experience something I've not in my lifetime.

I'd love a takeover because we could see loads of wins, great atmospheres at VP, winning the league (even if it isn't the Prem I'd still take it!)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The Championship 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 pm

For a AVFC to be relegated it is an absolute nightmare with the loss of money and the kudos of being in the top league.
BUT
for us fans it could be s good year, I can't remember how long it had been since I actually thought we may win s game on the way to the ground.
If we start winning the ground will fill and the atmosphere will be brilliant,
I remember when we done it before and we will do it again !
Boldfinger

The Championship 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:39 pm

If we can hit the ground running, next year could be fun, the games at VP in recent years have been dogshit, i'm almost tempted to renew my season ticket
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:37 pm

VillaBill wrote:If we can hit the ground running, next year could be fun, the games at VP in recent years have been dogshit, i'm almost tempted to renew my season ticket

Please don't ...not until Learner has done one, or we'll never be rid of the useless twat
andrew24561
andrew24561

The Championship 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:16 am

I'd be quite excited to see us against some new teams and, as Bruka pointed out, not having to go into games expecting a spanking.

But the Championship is barely covered on TV here so all the Villa fans here (I'm on a Facebook group with several hundred of them, so there are plenty) will miss out completely unless you're prepared to get up at 1am trawling the internet for a dodgy illegal stream.
Trotters
Trotters

The Championship 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:26 am

My mother's a Villa fan but has been going with some friends to watch Reading for the last few seasons. She's in her mid-60s, goes on her own (about a 45-minute drive) and is now thoroughly fed up with all the midweek matches, to the point where she's giving up her ticket. I don't know how much that is to do with the London Irish sharing the stadium, but Villa's weekday games aren't going to be much fun in terms of logistics.

We're going to try to get to some of the away matches down here in the south this season and will hopefully make it up to Villa Park a few times. I vowed a while ago not to come to B6 while Lerner is in charge but if we have a new owner we'll be back.

What I really hope is for a proper clear out of the players at the end of their careers, and the cheap foreign prospects coming to Villa as a shop window for more successful PL clubs. We'll be a big fish in the Championship and have to take advantage of that, and plan for pushing on in the PL after promotion, much like West Ham have done since they came back up.

We need to bring in players who want to be a part of something and play for the club, not just ones who aren't good enough for any other PL clubs and want to keep playing one or two years more (you know who I'm thinking of). Good riddance to the messing around these last few years, trying to rebuild every year, being held back because exactly the players we needed to progress up the table didn't want to come to the club.

Exciting times if the owner and board play it right. If not, and Lerner wants to stay in charge, it could be completely disastrous.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The Championship 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 09, 2016 8:08 pm

We are coming straight back up
NARLA24
NARLA24

The Championship 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 pm

NARLA24 wrote:We are coming straight back up

That's the spirit. Beer

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm relishing the idea of watching 4-5-6 academy players being given a fair crack. Just look at how well Toner has done. Add Green, Suliman, Calder, Sellars +++ I'd take that and midtable in the championship over Richardson, Gabby, Lescott and relegation battles every season.

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 pm

It is right though all we have done in the Prem for the past 5 years is struggle to stay up praying for the 38 points ish so we can say we stayed up and see us do the same again next season absolute dogshite no ambition no hope of challenging for Europe nothing so a Championship league trophy would be the first league trophy i have ever seen my Villa win in my lifetime being 30 and with a takeover and rebuild a good young side that can develop with a few added quality players each season BRING IT FICKIN ON Scarf Waving
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down