The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team for the Championship??

+54
Boldfinger
danclare82
Kakacroom
Aston Phila
JoshKaiAV
VTID85
lukevilla
1Elliot
Mr_Spadge
nickf21
Saunders82
AstonThriller
De Kuip
mikethevillain
Lammypaul
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
South London Villan
andrew24561
Alf T
achilles
BillytheKid
big ming
fastbackace
Rawlie
AVFClee
bruka
KMitch
Con
Trotters
River
Leafs1201
ember
DaveAV1
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Dions_Bald_Head
thegaffer6
avfc85
Robbo
mefromhere
4BetLite
UnclePanda
gdav
VillaBill
jeffvilla
smetro
Stratfordvilla
villajk
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
58 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Team for the Championship?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by 4BetLite Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:06 am

Steer
Hutton Okore Clark Cissohko

Traore Veretout Grealish Sinclair

........................Gil

...........Gestede

Let me this for a few games please so we can assess for next year, statistically Gana should be in, I think he functions ok but doesn't blend well with the others, then let me see the GOOD kids START.........

I wanna know where we really are without the spungers, who should be banned from Villa Park........

Zog
Gabby
Bacuna
Richards
Guzan
Lescott
Richardson
Westwood

These 8 are the real reason we are where we are, both on the pitch and behind the scenes they are a cancer. The biggest culprit of all being the keeper, who is the worst ive ever known as a 1st team keeper at my club.

Finally when we assess them all I think we need a Souness/Keane/Robson, a CM God and Captain.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Team for the Championship?? - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Great, if we want to keep hold of Okore this isn't the way to go about it:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jores-okores-agent-accuses-aston-7681039
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Team for the Championship?? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:10 pm

I'd like to to keep Okore and play him and Clark a lot next season. But he doesn't come across very well. Both him and Bacuna seem to think they are a lot better then they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:11 pm

It would be interesting if someone with a good grasp of the championship could point out the best talents there. Maybe there are a keeper, RB, CM, RW and striker there we can buy.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Steer/Bunn
Hutton Clark/Baker Okore Amavi/Cissokho
Adama/Sinclair Gardner/Veretout Gana/Lyden Grealish/Green
Ayew/RHM Gestede/Kozak/Sellars

Moyes in charge, Pearson as a coach to bang a few heads together. A strong manager could have kept that squad in the premier league no problem. Unfortunately we got rid of a manager with character and replaced him with a wet blanket incapable of leaving the bench for 90 minutes.

A team reflects the manager, and we have gone down as limp as can be.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Team for the Championship?? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbo Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:32 pm

I wouldn't be sorry to see any of this bunch leave.
A big problem is finding a buyer, but surely an even bigger problem is having them hang around next season on ridiculous wages dragging us even further down.
I would love to see the biggest ever write off of 'assets' by putting the whole squad on the transfer list immediately, all available on free transfers. It would also be a fitting way to say thank you to the players for their efforts this season.
I don't see how we can plan to rebuild next year if the foundations are still built on shite.
Robbo

Team for the Championship?? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Championship line-up. Lets assume we get a new manager and we sign 3-4 players in key positions.

What players are guaranteed to be leaving? What players will be impossible to get rid of? What players do we want to buy? How much money can we recoup from sales?

You reckon Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday) or Christian Walton (Brighton & Hove Albion) would be an option for our goalkeeping slot? I just checked whether the English U21 team had any players from teams worse than us, and these two came up.

Clark, Baker, Okore, Donacien, Toner if good enough IMO for a promotion push. Clark just need to be played on the right side of the defence.

A balanced 4 man midfield with Grealish sitting deep left ala Beckham did and a sign up a new winger to hog that chalk on the right. Get a new anchor and play Veretout if he stays?

Gestede and Sellars up front? Or sign Nahki or Forrestieri?

Am I totally on the wrong track here?

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:30 pm

What about that Bamford fella who was at Boro?

Couls Jed Steer step up to be out no.1? Hes got Champrionship experience now and could save us a few quid
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Without much empirical data to back it up... I suspect Steer would be a much worse option than Wildsmith and Walton. Guzan and Bunn has been actively picked in front of Steer by two managers. Says it all for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:16 pm

The priority for me is to shift a lot of the dead wood and the players that really have not shown enough this season. To build this club again, we need to shift the players who have shown nothing for this great club, for one I do generally feel nothing towards most of them players.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Zog
Gabby
Bacuna
Richards
Guzan
Lescott
Richardson
Westwood , yes get rid,,,,, but don't forget Gary Gardner would fit into our midfield
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:10 pm

See that lad has responded to this thread. I'm willing to bet my house he is going on about Gardner again.

Gardner isn't good enough for where we wanna be. There's a reason why Forest isn't getting promoted.

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:24 pm

If its centre mids at Forest we want, Henri Lansbury should be top of our list of targets. I'd also like us to get Ben Marshall from Blackburn Rovers, Alex Mowatt from Leeds, Aiden Flint from Bristol City and Daniel Bentley from Southend.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Are you thick,the lad from oslo / Gardner is playing great for Forest look on there  forum, Gestede is crap ,do you go to matches???? .or watch?? Henri Lansbury would be good just getting over a injury
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Aston Villa's biggest hope for next season certainly isn't in their current first-team squad. But he could be playing his football at Nottingham Forest right now.

Indeed, promising young midfielder Gary Gardner has spent another loan spell at the City Ground this season and has thereby been preparing for life in the Championship.As such, Villa could throw the 23-year-old straight into the first team next term, providing a ready-made upgrade on their woeful midfielders from the off - without signing anyone new. just got this off a villa forum it makes sence

villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:43 pm

villajk wrote:Aston Villa's biggest hope for next season certainly isn't in their current first-team squad. But he could be playing his football at Nottingham Forest right now.

Indeed, promising young midfielder Gary Gardner has spent another loan spell at the City Ground this season and has thereby been preparing for life in the Championship.As such, Villa could throw the 23-year-old straight into the first team next term, providing a ready-made upgrade on their woeful midfielders from the off - without signing anyone new.  just got this off a villa forum it makes sence

And now we see the masterstroke plan of keeping Gardner in the Championship all these seasons... just in case. Team for the Championship?? - Page 2 226846862
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:29 am

It's just moronic to think an average injury prone midfielder that has been overlooked by MON, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, KMac, Garde and Sherwood will suddenly be a good player for us. Even men like KMac that used to coach him hasn't been bothered. Says it all.

If we want to get back into the Premier League we can't afford such drivel as believing "one of our own" will be the answer to our CM issues simply because we really want it to. Gardner simply doesn't have the quality required.

If we're lucky he can fill a bit part position so long he can stay fit for 5 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:59 am

Joppe84 wrote:It's just moronic to think an average injury prone midfielder that has been overlooked by MON, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, KMac, Garde and Sherwood will suddenly be a good player for us. Even men like KMac that used to coach him hasn't been bothered. Says it all.

If we want to get back into the Premier League we can't afford such drivel as believing "one of our own" will be the answer to our CM issues simply because we really want it to. Gardner simply doesn't have the quality required.

If we're lucky he can fill a bit part position so long he can stay fit for 5 minutes.

In fairness we just don't know. The managers you list above hardly stack up as Villa Park greats, Houllier might have been the one to develop Gardner had it not been for ill health and injuries. After Houllier the rest have all had their faults and been less than underwhelming. Injuries undoubtedly played a big part in stunting Gardner, he's only now putting together an extended run of competitive matches. Players can and do slip through the net, either by luck or incompetency. Who had heard of Jamie Vardy when he was 23? Who had heard of Ian Wright when he was 23? Look at Danny Drinkwater now. Riyad Mahrez even. You need to be in the right place at the right time, the last 4-5yrs at Villa Park have not been the right place fir hardly anyone, certainly from the youth teams. I don't know how Gardner has been performing at Forest to be fair, only Forest fans could say. But in balance, it's got to be worth keeping Gardner going into next season if his fitness holds up and he is performing. In our position now we can hardly attract Dele Alli.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:30 am

Sometimes it just takes the right fit - Barry "the poison fucking dwarf" Bannan is quite highly thought of at Wednesday by all accounts but was a twat at the Villa and achieved so little at Palace that SW only offered him a 1 year deal at first. 

Gardner has done very little as a senior professional to warrant being heralded as the savior we need - and this is hard to say as 5 years ago I was lauding him as the next Stevie G - and this is his first season since breaking into the senior ranks that he's avoid any major injuries. But he has talent and always did have, he's lacked development due to his injuries which means there is every possibility he could be an Ian Wright/Vardy type late bloomer
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:36 am

Reading some of the posts on this thread I get the impression that we need to get into a new mindset from now on.

We are no longer the mighty Villa where certain players are beneath us. Players like Gardner - with all his limitations - are where we are at now.

We need to get over ourselves and face reality of what we have become.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:39 am

Ive heard Gardner has been very average for Forest this season. - Last season he was a star for them but not so much this. Squad player next season IMO.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:48 am

Thinman wrote:Reading some of the posts on this thread I get the impression that we need to get into a new mindset from now on.

We are no longer the mighty Villa where certain players are beneath us. Players like Gardner - with all his limitations - are where we are at now.

We need to get over ourselves and face reality of what we have become.

Exactly this. Villa fans, like it or not, have to adjust their expectation. Face reality, Bournemouth will now be a bigger draw to players before Aston Villa, as will Crystal Palace, Swansea, etc etc. We had already lost our "pull factor" to pretty much any London club and the Manchester clubs. We are likely being joined in the championship by Newcastle and Sunderland, two other clubs that already have better players than us and that will fight tooth and nail to get back into the top flight. People need to realise, quickly, how hard next season is going to be.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:14 am

smetro wrote:Ive heard Gardner has been very average for Forest this season. - Last season he was a star for them but not so much this. Squad player next season IMO.

Exactly my impressions by reading their forums.

Admitting that Gardner won't be a first team player for us has nothing to do with "not accepting where we are at". I fully accept where we are at. But if we wanna get back up. We have to stop this ridiculous notion that some players are gods gift to football. If they are good enough they will show it and managers will see it. Gardner simply isn't good enough to be a starting player if we wanna get promoted. I'd be more than happy to see him in the squad, but if we want to beat Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich or whatever top team in the championship we have to get the best possible players we can. And that's not Gardner. Now this may be harsh or possibly annoying to hear, but it's the reality. I don't rate Sanchez, Bacuna or Westwood, but they are probably better midfielders than Gardner. Unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:32 am

Agree with Dazzle that some players appear to be late bloomers purely because they suddenly click with the right manager & the right people playing alongside them. No-one should be written off when they've shown talent at U-21's as GG did but while I certainly wouldn't pin him as a saviour, his Championship experience might come in handy (& who knows, he may even play better once he's actually playing for his home team rather than yet another loan team).

As for what type of player we'll attract, much of that will depend on who the manager is & how much we're paying (& before anyone goes on about penny-pinching Randy, let's give Bernstein a chance to flex some influence on this side of things). Other than that we'll trump most clubs around us in terms of attractive facilities.

I'm glum, but I'm not panicking yet.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:50 am

I still want us to sign Alex fucking Mowatt!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next