The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Out the door on 74 - protest

+23
andrew24561
mefromhere
ember
Leafs1201
The Utterer
Villa jimmy
Thinman
Terry Derry
jeffvilla
Rawlie
EbeneezerGoode
FoxyAV
tonyp
achilles
Villa_Dan
Con
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
villan007
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
smetro
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 Empty Re: Out the door on 74 - protest

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Thinman wrote:I'm proposing 'Out of the gate at 78'.

Anybody with me?

How about "In The Loo's on '82"?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:43 am

Social media comments tend to have swung against the Out The Door idea and moved more toward having a party atmosphere aimed against the club.

Fans have accepted our fate now and rather than let the Lerner-sponsored hate envelope them, it looks like they might have a positive protest.
Trotters
Trotters

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 am

what is the point of this walkout? the only people it will affect are the team, what if were winning, drawing 1-1???? I think its useless, don't turn up to the game would do more, but to walk out with 16 mins remaining?? pathetic in my eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:13 pm

think the organizers will be pretty happy that. More than I expected stood up and walked out on 74 minutes
smetro
smetro

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:22 pm

smetro wrote:think the organizers will be pretty happy that. More than I expected stood up and walked out on 74 minutes

Sounds a bit cruel to make everyone wait that long.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa jimmy Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 pm

We want Lerner out? Lerner wants out? Lerner can't sell as no fucker wants to buy us? We protest by walking out what is that going to prove? We need to stay and give the board as much shit as possible! We go down Lerner takes 70 million and any parachute payment and fucks off! Since Hollis has come in, learners friend who helped him through his divorce and lost him billions there is is only one way this is going to end! We know we are down, I have been a season ticket holder since 83 and this has to be the worst shower of shit I have seen. I feel sorry for Garde being sold a dream by Muppets running our club, don't think he is the man but at least he put his reputation on the line! You look at this team and you see no fight no passion and certainly no ability to win a game of football!please mr Lerner just give me back the club I love and take Tom fox and fuck off! Sorry for my rant!
Villa jimmy

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Bit of coverage here

https://openload.co/f/06Ujdf2biA0/Villa-Everton-74th.mp4

Nice bit of Tom Fox looking very uncomfortable - he got loads of abuse tonight
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Rumours of a emergency board meeting being called on twitter.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 am

I must admit as a non-activist ( Laughing )....hearing the Holte belt out the Lerner Out song relentlessly and in particular hearing "Tom Fox is a wanker" was far better than seeing the walkout.....from the North Stand the "European nights to relegation fights" song sounded absolutely amazing!

Staying behind after the final whistle against Tottenham....a live Sky Sports game.....with 20,000 odd people singing that song would be a significant protest in my view....that would be beamed across Europe surely?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:26 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Staying behind after the final whistle against Tottenham....a live Sky Sports game.....with 20,000 odd people singing that song would be a significant protest in my view

I've been suggesting this for weeks. There's a clip of Fox's face as we were belting it out. He didn't look happy so let's keep piling it on
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:17 am

Oh dear making Mr Fox uncomfortable has really upset me NOT. It was great to see the whole ground singing the randy learner song, and the tom fax is a walker was the icing on the cake. The board MUST go NOW. Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 1015550615 Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 1015550615 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving VTID
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:32 am

smetro wrote:Rumours of a emergency board meeting being called on twitter.....

Only just seen this post....anything come of this rumour at all?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:I must admit as a non-activist ( Laughing )....hearing the Holte belt out the Lerner Out song relentlessly and in particular hearing "Tom Fox is a wanker" was far better than seeing the walkout.....from the North Stand the "European nights to relegation fights" song sounded absolutely amazing!

Staying behind after the final whistle against Tottenham....a live Sky Sports game.....with 20,000 odd people singing that song would be a significant protest in my view....that would be beamed across Europe surely?

superb idea matey, much better than a walkout and like you say it would be beamed across Europe Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:34 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:

Probably bollox - with hinsight I shouldn't have posted it was only briefly mentioned on twitter late last night.

WM were reporting that there have been many board meetings since SH arrived - but as yet no action

IMO - If we go into next season with the same structure from FOX to Garde - we will struggle to hold onto our championship status.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:51 am

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Probably bollox - with hinsight I shouldn't have posted it was only briefly mentioned on twitter late last night.

WM were reporting that there have been many board meetings since SH arrived - but as yet no action

IMO - If we go into next season with the same structure from FOX to Garde - we will struggle to hold onto our championship status.

100% agree.

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Well i think they now know that the fans have turned finally. I think they are very very lucky that it's taken this long frankly.

Was listening to Alan McInally last night on SSN as the game was on (i refuse to attend games at the moment as not another penny will leave my pocket to Lerners Villa)...Well he was asked as a former player what his thoughts were and he was bang on!! In a very passionate manner (clearly cares for the club still) he said there was a lot of stuff wrong, firstly the ever changing line up especially in defence where Garde persistently changes the back 4 almost every game... it happened yet again last night..a change in personnel AND tactics! Says this is likely one of the main reasons we constantly concede and that we need to have a settled back four.

He then proceeded to say that by far the biggest problem was the recruitment policy..here he get very passionate and said "It's absolutley shambolic! A complete catastrophe in fact! ...

How come everyone can see this except the idiots in charge?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:54 pm

The Utterer wrote:Well i think they now know that the fans have turned finally. I think they are very very lucky that it's taken this long frankly.

Was listening to Alan McInally last night on SSN as the game was on (i refuse to attend games at the moment as not another penny will leave my pocket to Lerners Villa)...Well he was asked as a former player what his thoughts were and he was bang on!! In a very passionate manner (clearly cares for the club still) he said there was a lot of stuff wrong, firstly the ever changing line up especially in defence where Garde persistently changes the back 4 almost every game... it happened yet again last night..a change in personnel AND tactics! Says this is likely one of the main reasons we constantly concede and that we need to have a settled back four.

He then proceeded to say that by far the biggest problem was the recruitment policy..here he get very passionate and said "It's absolutley shambolic! A complete catastrophe in fact! ...

Because they are exactly that... IDIOTS! 🤦
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:00 pm

achilles wrote:
The Utterer wrote:Well i think they now know that the fans have turned finally. I think they are very very lucky that it's taken this long frankly.

Because they are exactly that... IDIOTS! 🤦

They are only looking at numbers....the idiots are expecting the value of these crap players we have brought in to go up lol!

£9m for Idrissa Gueye, if we sell him in the summer we'll do well to get half of that back.

Of the £55m odd we spent in the summer was transfer listed tomorrow, my guess is we would get about £20m back at best. The management of the club is farcical, player recruitment is laughable, the coaching would appear to be non-existent and the management of the team pathetic.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:20 pm

It's very upsetting. When i think of Villa now in my minds eye i just see an empty collapsing shell of a great club with cobwebs and rust creeping in all over the place and a bunch of strangers walking around taking the P out of it and just lining their pockets as best they can before it collapses completely! affraid

Such a crying shame...

Then i try to fill myself with false hope that they MUST know what they're doing really? After all Fox was at Arsenal, And Lerner was...erm .......well Lerner did similar to a giant American institution so if he ain't worried about the bad press that must've caused in his homeland why on Earth would he even bat an eyelid to the fans turning over here?! Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 2 1787200310 ..Then i think well the new Chairman must be a good guy, after all he used to do stuff which had nothing to do with football so ... erm... Ah... i think i see why we are where we are.. But now we have Merv King!! He supports Villa right?! :) So he could.....erm... actually what could he do?

It's scary, the more you think about it the more worrying the future looks UNLESS...

Lerner sells up to someone with ambition! That is the only way now so far as i can see!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:33 pm

smetro wrote:Bit of coverage here

Anyone know how to get this to play (iPad) as it's just showing a black screen for me.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Just out of interest, I wonder what else Lerner owns and where he has investments? He donated a load of cash to the National Portrait Gallery (shame not to the excellent gallery in Birmingham) in London, where they've named the ground floor the Lerner Galleries. I like the idea that there's a large number of Villa away supporters with a strong interest in art, who might consider a flash mob, you know the kind of thing where people appear with violins or something. A load of us breaking out into song would be just the kind of thing the press would love. Maybe get Nigel Kennedy to lead. An entirely peaceful and good humoured protest, mind. I suspect there's not much to be done about Clare College in Cambridge, unless they stuck up a statue to Lerner there...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:50 pm

achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:
smetro wrote:Bit of coverage here

Anyone know how to get this to play (iPad) as it's just showing a black screen for me.

Worked fine last night on a laptop.

The geezer who took it - said he was going to load it up to you as well - so maybe try there....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:57 pm

All this talk of protests got me thinking.....

I wouldn't mind humping that Jess from little mix ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Terry Derry wrote:http://thebirminghampress.com/2016/02/the-long-goodbye-2/

H&V finally jump on the bandwagon. FFS!

And now hes suggesting we start a AFC Villa of Aston breakaway club!! What the fuck is that about???
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next