The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Out the door on 74 - protest

+23
andrew24561
mefromhere
ember
Leafs1201
The Utterer
Villa jimmy
Thinman
Terry Derry
jeffvilla
Rawlie
EbeneezerGoode
FoxyAV
tonyp
achilles
Villa_Dan
Con
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
villan007
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
smetro
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Out the door on 74 - protest  Empty Out the door on 74 - protest

Post by smetro Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Seems to be gathering pace - thought it deserves its own thread.

a number of faltering and impromptu protests - this one seems to have legs.

http://outthedooron74.co.uk/

Not sure about the 3 game thing - but rumors tonight that the club may disable the on screen minute counter ( i kid ye not) - I doubt we will wake up to new dawn after the last protest - but it seems a good whack of fans are saying 'enough is enough'

smetro
smetro

Out the door on 74 - protest  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Out the door on 74 - protest  Empty Re: Out the door on 74 - protest

Post by Trotters Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Fans have certainly had enough but aside from Mike McKenna who started this, I've seen maybe a dozen people who genuinely support this and will walk out.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. But I have a feeling it'll come to nothing and the media will have a field day with it
Trotters
Trotters

Out the door on 74 - protest  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:11 am

Still see it as a lose-lose scenario.

What if the game is finely balanced? What if we're wining & end up losing because of the distraction? Does it hurt the board most, or us, Remi & the team?

Considering the amount of hot-air meetings & "plans" undoubtedly drawn up by the Fox & Hollis et al & considering that they're convinced that relegation is a price worth paying for "essential" change, why would they bat an eyelid at a walk-out? Surely the Liverpool game (heavy defeat, stadium emptying) was a bigger embarrassment for them.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Out the door on 74 - protest  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Stupid protest if you ask me.....the '74' thing is just ridiculous!

Would be far better to protest outside the ground and boycott the game if that's what you wanna do. Would only take a call to ITV or the Beeb and the local cameras would be all over it.

Let's be honest, will anyone even notice a few hundred keyboard warriors leaving with 16 mins left? Thousands do that every game to 'beat the traffic'.

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Stupid protest if you ask me.....the '74' thing is just ridiculous!

Would be far better to protest outside the ground and boycott the game if that's what you wanna do. Would only take a call to ITV or the Beeb and the local cameras would be all over it.

Let's be honest, will anyone even notice a few hundred keyboard warriors leaving with 16 mins left? Thousands do that every game to 'beat the traffic'.

FYI Hes answering questions to fans just like you. That want nothing more than to slag their own fans off who are trying to do something. You're the very definition of a keyboard warrior.

He is also on SKY. You can watch is interview.

What is it you're doing out of interest, apart from slagging Villa fans that have simply had enough, and trying to make a difference?
villan007

Out the door on 74 - protest  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:47 am

I think this is as good a protest as anything else I have heard. It's not perfect but nothing is. And for those worried if we are drawing or winning? Come-on let's keep the talk in the real world......

The fans have tried supporting the team all season and that hasn't worked. Getting our media shy owner as much bad publicity as possible seems to be our only weapon against the current regime so let's use it as much as possible.
DelboyVilla

Out the door on 74 - protest  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:44 am

Pointless if you ask me, completely pointless. Everyone has sat transfixed for the last 5 bloody seasons watching this slide into oblivion and done fuck all. So how the hell is this going to make a difference ? It is not.
To late. We are fucked. End of.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Out the door on 74 - protest  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Out the Door on '74 ... expects the commitment of the fans to last a good 20 minutes longer than the players' then
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:09 pm

Like I've said elsewhere, I'm all for voicing our discontent but I don't agree in turning and walking away (out), equally I don't agree with "invisible" protests like a boycott. A mass sit-in where no one leaves for 20 minutes after the final whistle and belts out vicious abuse to the board and Fox (who has proven he can't take abuse), that would have my backing.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:31 pm

I just can't see this having any effect whatsoever. I'm open to be proven wrong, by persuasion or example, but Lerner only cares for money. I think some other fans have the idea that some bad press will affect him, but it won't. This has been exemplified by the McLeish era, our player sales, the eviction of fans etc etc.  

IF you really want to make a difference you need to convince all other Villa fans to stay away. You need to empty Villa  Park. Not because it would come in the national media spot light, but because it would have an effect on Lerner's wallet.

He needs all the money he can get, even from match days, and he if realises people won't play along his shitty game, he might realise his only option is to invest us back into the PL or sell up asap.

Right now I KNOW what will happen unless people stay away. Lerner will continue to pick this club apart where and when he can. He will stop at nothing to pocket whatever he can. The parachute payments run over 4 years, so he will most likely hold on to the club for those 4 years without investing anything, but the absolute minimal. After the 4 years he will sell off any remaining land etc. and sell the club for whatever he can. This is what WILL happen if people think a 74 minute walk out will mean anything, because it most definately won't.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Doing nothing, achieves nothing!

At least someone is trying to do something, which deserves praise not ridicule because you don't agree with it!

I gave up my season ticket last season, I am doing something, it might mean sod all to the the board but to me it means a hell of a lot!
achilles
achilles

Out the door on 74 - protest  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:03 pm

I think you're mistaken if you think staying away from something as important as AVFC is the equivalent of doing nothing.

Staying away will achieve a lot more than this protest ever will.

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 pm

the main problem is keeping fans IN until 74 minutes !!

ultimately we can sit and do nothing or at least try something.
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:15 pm

I think the Holte would be more entertained if you gave them a few kegs of ale and a football and they could play 5000-a-side in the parking lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm

achilles wrote:I gave up my season ticket last season, I am doing something, it might mean sod all to the the board but to me it means a hell of a lot!

This is everything that's wrong with the club's ownership right now.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 pm

villan007 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Stupid protest if you ask me.....the '74' thing is just ridiculous!

FYI Hes answering questions to fans just like you. That want nothing more than to slag their own fans off who are trying to do something. You're the very definition of a keyboard warrior.

He is also on SKY. You can watch is interview.

What is it you're doing out of interest, apart from slagging Villa fans that have simply had enough, and trying to make a difference?

LOL that's me told!

Are you allowed to go to midweek games on a school night?

Don't forget your hoody with the goggles built in lol!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:01 pm

This protest is just pathetic if you ask me. Staying away from matches is a good idea.

Walking out on 74 means you open yourselves up for comparisons with similar protests recently done. It's uoriginal and while doing you are also giving Lerner match day money. Absolutely fucking stupid protest. Small time, infantile and unimaginative.

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:18 am

We will never manage to successfully voice our discontent if we spend our time disagreeing among ourselves about how to do it and not actually doing something.

All fan's groups need to get together and put forward their ideas rather than being negative and knocking someone elses efforts as that is the only way that there will be a protest with some momentum behind it.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:35 am

From where I'm sitting both plans work. Season ticket holders... walk out. People who don't have season tickets... don't go. No one buys refreshments, programmes or merchandise, and the Holte belts out the new anti Lerner tune for the whole match.

Saying that though, 74 minutes just seems like too late in the day. If we're losing (and I know it's a big 'if' Laughing ), it will just look like people are going home a bit early.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:16 am

EbeneezerGoode wrote:We will never manage to successfully voice our discontent if we spend our time disagreeing among ourselves about how to do it and not actually doing something.

All fan's groups need to get together and put forward their ideas rather than being negative and knocking someone elses efforts as that is the only way that there will be a protest with some momentum behind it.

Agreed.

At the end of the days - Any protest will be symbolic - there is nothing we can do that Guarantees Lerner packs his bags (if there was we would have already done it !)
Its a show of discontent - on its own it does nothing - however should Lerner get a bid below say 20% what hoped for - it might just give him that extra nudge....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:06 am

If Learner had a brain, which he patently does not, he could have brought in someone to take on a percentage of the club, as per Everton.
However we know that  he has  the business sense of a shaved chimp.
He could be a silent partner  (quieter  the better ) and let someone else take on the day to day. Get rid of the Muppets currently in charge and bring in some football knowledge. Not that hard really. Out the door on 74 - protest  2900886825 Out the door on 74 - protest  2900886825 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 am

http://thebirminghampress.com/2016/02/the-long-goodbye-2/

H&V finally jump on the bandwagon. FFS!
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:08 pm

I'm proposing 'Out of the gate at 78'.

Anybody with me?
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Terry Derry wrote:http://thebirminghampress.com/2016/02/the-long-goodbye-2/

Still no criticism of Lerner himself though.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Thinman wrote:
Terry Derry wrote:http://thebirminghampress.com/2016/02/the-long-goodbye-2/

Still no criticism of Lerner himself though.

Good article Thinman. Press-icely what I was thinking.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next