The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll

+10
Terry Derry
Trotters
4BetLite
achilles
NARLA24
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
prmort
Boldfinger
smetro
14 posters

Go down

How much confidence do you have in Steve Hollis ?

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_lcap59%Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 17 ]
Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_lcap31%Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]
Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_lcap7%Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_lcap3%Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll Empty Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll

Post by smetro Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 am

Hes made a load of noises - to his credit he hasn't lied to us !

But can he take us forward - or is this another botched appointment by Lerner ?

Please Vote...
smetro
smetro

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll Empty Re: Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll

Post by Boldfinger Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:07 am

i have voted 20% (he's not inspiring at the moment but its early days). because as he says he is not a football man so he may do well because half our squad aint footballers. Laughing
i wish him well but it's just another puppet in the Randy learner show.
Boldfinger

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll Empty Re: Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:47 am

The poll alternatives isn't right.

He's probably a very good yes man, a great accountant, but that means nothing in football. He'll be another shite Lerner appointment and offer nothing to rebuild a FOOTBALL club. I'm so tired of these administrative changes that offer nothing when it comes to improving the club. Just like Faulkner he's another yes man moron that wouldn't find football wisdom and integrity if you had him at gunpoint.

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:53 am

Not inspiring me at all. He seems to be sucking out what little life there is left in the club with his defeatist comments.
prmort

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:05 am

Admitted he didn't even think he'd be in line to take over a football club. 
Called the fans customers. 

Another fat Faulkner. Clueless about the industry he's fallen into.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:09 am

As always with Villa I'm willing to give an unknown and newcomer to the PL a chance. I think Garde is starting to do a good job with what he's got so I'm happy to wait and see how Hollis gets on.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:09 am

Fans who went to the AST were not impressed at all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:39 am

inside steve Hollis's head............... www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtObrnaovrI
4BetLite
4BetLite

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:35 pm

You have to give him a chance but he certainly isn't inspiring me at the moment just getting us ready for life in the championship!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:57 pm

The whole club seems like they're doing everything they can to piss the fans....sorry, customers....off. Fox has now come out and said we didn't look after the new imports properly (I could be wrong but I'm sure Lerner got rid of the club liaison manager pretty early in his ownership). Gana has come out and said that if the players didn't think we could survive they'd all stay home.

Eh? What? Stay home? You dumb fuck! You don't get to stay home! You get paid a fuckload to play football no matter how shit the team is, no matter how badly you're failing. Get out and sweat you prick!

Stay home! Mother fuck!!
Trotters
Trotters

Confidence in Steve Hollis ? - Poll 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Trotters wrote:The whole club seems like they're doing everything they can to piss the fans....sorry, customers....off. Fox has now come out and said we didn't look after the new imports properly (I could be wrong but I'm sure Lerner got rid of the club liaison manager pretty early in his ownership). Gana has come out and said that if the players didn't think we could survive they'd all stay home.

Eh? What? Stay home? You dumb fuck! You don't get to stay home! You get paid a fuckload to play football no matter how shit the team is, no matter how badly you're failing. Get out and sweat you prick!

Stay home! Mother fuck!!

Well said Sir, I honestly don't get them, they say we wont roll the dice and play roulette like the others, ROLL THE FUCKING DICE IDIOTS, this is ASTON VILLA, we have to stay in this league, we can pay full wages not reduced for a fucking year if it fails, get some quality in, they will come........... its ASTON VILLA not fucking newcastle sunderland swansea norwich, of course the players will come u fucking idiots, its fucking doable, we can stay up, how dare these fucking idiots be allowed to run my club ffs, fuck off!

The corporate way is doable too but it will take 4/5 years, fucking idiots, this is football ffs, success needs to be instant, especially in the spot were in, the team is almost there, spend big and stay up or give up like a crying little wimpy girls. Rant over!

P.S. how the fuck can Hollis say the club has been miss managing whilst sitting beside the cnut who has been running it, 1st order of business on day 1 should have been to sack the incompetent fools and have had people already lined up to help you.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Alex PurpleNose gave us some advise.
Then Wegner had his 2 cents.
Now Karren Brady, the slag, has had her say.

Fuck's sake, it's open season on the Villa and there's no one at the club with spine or balls.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:11 pm

If ever there was a vote of no confidence in a board it was last night, judging by the comments.
There can be few bastions left where the board are supported, especially now that it has been announced that there will not be a supporter appointed to the board.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 pm

I have no confidence in this rube. The guy is a complete moron, just like Lerner. Guys who have a track record of appointing shitty people, will occasionally unearth someone good, but this guy is not one of them.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Its time for these overpaid fuckwits, as my Leeds friend refers to his shower of shite, to roll up theire sleeves and say 'NO were not gonna roll over'

Show us some pride and turn this season on its head while theres still time
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Lerner is the ventriloquist and Hollis is the dummy.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Morpheus wrote:Lerner is the ventriloquist and Hollis is the dummy.

You have come to that conclusion very quickly. What do you know, Morpheus?
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:46 am

I'm uncertain and think it's way too early to judge.

He had a thankless task and was really in a no win situation at the meeting. The mere fact he decided to turn up, which he didn't have to was a bonus in my book and he basically said the truth. The unfortunate thing is none of us really want to face up to that truth so we have all taken a dislike of him....well not him more of what he said i feel. So i actually think he was brave to come to a meeting in front of a 100 or so angry, passionate fans who've had their noses rubbed in it for years and tell it as it is!

The fact is the club is in tatters

We are bottom of the division by TEN points and approaching February

No players want to come here as they clearly have to be told that if (surely when) we go down they will lose half their wages...so of course they look elsewhere, indeed to any of the teams above us WHICH IS ALL OF THEM!!! Every other team has a great chance of survival, we don't, but that's not Hollis's fault. The only option to get players here it appears would be to promise them the wages would stay the same even if we drop. Well surely that just can't happen if we don't want to do a Leeds.

Where i think they (he & Fox) failed was in not giving the fans any hope for the future. They are clearly not great at understanding the basis of what a football club is. A football club without hope and dreams is basically pointless. It is a non entity. The reason fans go to premier League football week in week out is to dream, to escape the daily reality of the grim day to day job and be uplifted as often as not. To share in the joy of achievement which maybe they can never reach in their own life for whatever reason or to watch masters of their craft perform and pit themselves against the Worlds best. Some go out of loyalty as their fathers did before them but they should be able to expect more than this.

The modern fan works hard and the games are a release and something to look forward to after a tough weeks work. It costs a lot of money to go now especially for the parents who take the kids too and so we are right to expect a decent standard of football and day out in return.

Well after reading the comments from Fox & Hollis i feel gutted for the fans. I think they really badly missed the point and actually destroyed what remaining hope and dreams we had certainly for this season and it was not exactly promising for next either!!

There was no passion, no drive, just a hard nosed business like "It's going to be tough from now on" type stance. The sort of thing i would expect from a boss who's about to tell the workforce times are hard and there will be no pay rise or Christmas bonus this year.

It was deflating and comments such as " A club like this desperately needs to develop young players to create saleable assets for the future" did NOT help one bit... although that was Fox i believe.

Maybe they were just a bit spooked by the passionately hostile reaction? Hollis would not be used to dealing with this and then i feel he & Fox said a few things which came over wrong... I do believe there is more hope there than is apparent but it was just put over badly. ..

So he needs time in my book,
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:35 am

That's well said and I do agree that he needs time. He was the wrong appointment and I don't think anyone outside of the Lerner/Fox sycophants wold say otherwise: we simply needed to push the boat out and get someone with experience in running a football club. FFS, this guy admitted that he wasn't even looking down this road!

That comment, along with others says to me that he doesn't really understand how a football club differs from your average business with shareholders and clients. Regardless of what they want to believe, football IS different. They're banking on the fact that their "customers" won't just sod off to watch another club like the customers of any other business could. But what they have failed to realise is that many of their "customers" WILL just sod off. And it's not so easy to find new ones....just as our fans won't lollop off and follow Blues or West Brom, likewise, we won't attract their fans.

What's infinitely worse is that the kids of the current fans won't have the same passion that their parents have. And there's a much stronger chance that they'll become glory-hunters.

As a result, not only are the club isolating their current "customers", they're killing the future of this club.

If you want to run a football club under strict business rules, being without passion and soul but keeping it all about the numbers, then I think we'll do ok in the lower leagues.

But the top flight needs business acumen as well as a flair for football. It needs an understanding that fans at this level don't just want an afternoon out with their mates, they want to be offered electric entertainment; to see the best players in the world. You can't argue against that - it's why the club have different categories for different games...they KNOW that fans will pay extra to watch opposition that are stacked with world famous names.

And that needs a benevolent owner who is prepared to take a chance and gamble on the club being able to sustain itself once the players and performance are of a standard that will allow for higher ticket prices, better sponsors, greater TV revenue.

But Lerner has given up. Not only that, he's asking a price and conditions that are clearly unpalatable by anyone's standards. As such, the future of this club is NOT in the premier league. And we won't be coming back until such time that someone comes in with a real understanding of the fans, of football, of finance and of business. As it stands, we have (maybe) 1 out of those 4 and that, to me, means that we're going down for a long time!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:42 am

Morpheus wrote:Lerner is the ventriloquist and Hollis is the dummy.

Good to see you again, mate!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:56 am

This is what Gana was quoted as saying: "Of course we believe we can stay up, otherwise we would all stay at home. We are working towards that. I understand the supporters' frustration, it is disappointing for them. We're asking them to stick with us and hopefully they will see results soon.

"If you are on the bottom you have players who don't have confidence, it is not easy. We just have to stay focused and keep working."

He's not saying the players are giving up, he's saying they believe they can stay up and are going for it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 am

FoxyAV wrote:This is what Gana was quoted as saying: "Of course we believe we can stay up, otherwise we would all stay at home. We are working towards that. I understand the supporters' frustration, it is disappointing for them. We're asking them to stick with us and hopefully they will see results soon.

"If you are on the bottom you have players who don't have confidence, it is not easy. We just have to stay focused and keep working."

He's not saying the players are giving up, he's saying they believe they can stay up and are going for it.

i'm glad the players believe we can stay up, because our own Chairman makes it seem like we're already relegated.  Who knows?  Maybe this lack of signings will really push our squad to the next level and motivate them beyond what even they think is possible?  Yeah, I know it's wishful thinking, but who thought Leicester would be top of the table right now?  I don't even think the players themselves would have taken that bet at the start of the season.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down