The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?

+10
FoxyAV
Terry Derry
achilles
AstonThriller
Trotters
Villa_Dan
KMitch
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
ember
14 posters

Go down

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   Empty Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Reports are emerging that he's coming back

Loaned out to Porto for the season over the summer by Tim Sherwood, Aly Cissokho’s second spell with the Portuguese club didn’t quite go as planned.

Today, Sport Witness can exclusively reveal that the player’s loan has been officially cut short by Aston Villa, with the left-back returning to the Midlands club for the remainder of the season.

Talk of this happening has been circulating for a while now, especially since Jordan Amavi’s cruciate ligament rupture, and the deal has now been finalised.
HERE

I think this is a great move for us. Let's be honest defensively he's a quality left-back who has international, champions league AND premiership experience!!..and i think he'll toughen up that defence because left-back is obviously an area of concern for us since Amavi's injury.

It's also good that we won't have to spend money on a new left-back and Remi will be able to put all the funds into other areas of the team.

Richards-Okore-Lescott-Cissokho

All in that defence have international and champions league experience and i'd argue that it's a midtable defence and not a bottom half one.

If he's fit to play then there's a good chance he could be in the side when we got to Sunderland on January 2nd which is good news i think.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   5_star11

Back to top Go down

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   Empty Re: Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?

Post by KMitch Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:56 pm

He's awful going forward and has one of the worst crosses on a fullback I've ever seen, but he can defend very well. He's a huge step up on Bacuna and Richardson. I'm glad he's back for the remainder of the season.
KMitch
KMitch

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   2_star10

Back to top Go down

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   Empty Re: Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?

Post by ember Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:26 pm

I don't care if he crosses like Sandy Richardson as long as he doesn't defend like Kieran Richardson.

I posted before about him to the tune of let him defend solidly and pass it simply to somebody who can do something productive or dangerous with the ball.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Can someone remind me why he was loaned out...?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:27 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

Christ alive.....Richards is no longer a full back....why do some fans persist with this?....and to switch him out for Lescott?

laughable!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Can someone remind me why he was loaned out...?

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   80bc19c8b74c669239a19b558119cceada60e5fefbb077f2364a21358e0b072b_1
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Richards has been our best performing defender, is our captain, shows real passion for the club, and was brought in to play CB. Shoving him to RB to play Lescott doesn't solve a problem, it creates 2.

Great news about Cissokho though. Fucking shite as an attacking fullback but rock solid defensively
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:51 pm

We don't really attack down the left with Bacuna and Richardson anyway so it's not like we're taking 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

This is a good deal. I hope he's got a sensible haircut on him though.
Trotters
Trotters

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:03 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:

Christ alive.....Richards is no longer a full back....why do some fans persist with this?....and to switch him out for Lescott?

laughable!

Well imo he either plays right-back, which by the way IS HIS NATURAL POSITION, or get gets out of the defence altogether. Because for me his positional sense at centre-half leaves a lot to be desired and it's cost us one sloppy goal too many.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Richards has been our best performing defender, is our captain, shows real passion for the club, and was brought in to play CB. Shoving him to RB to play Lescott doesn't solve a problem, it creates 2.

Great news about Cissokho though. Fucking shite as an attacking fullback but rock solid defensively

Okore and Richards both prefer to play on the right side...so no it doesn't "cause two problems" putting Richards in a position he's played in for the majority of his career including last season. Time to do what's best for the team now and not one individual.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Lescott is a left sided CB, Richards and Okore, in my opinion, won't be able to play together, its one or the other?

Okore might be able to play RB?
achilles
achilles

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:00 am

I would play Hutton at centre forward instead of the fucking midgets that we have up front now.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:58 am

Okore plays on the right but until Richards returns we won't know if Okore can also play on the left. We know, for example, that Clark really can't play on the right but we've not (AFAIK) seen Okore play on the left. I still think Garde knows what he's doing in selecting the defence, Bacuna has been surprisingly good and might still give Cissokho a run for his money.

Good news on Cissokho though, he's not as good as Amavi but he can defend. If he can be taught how to a) hit the ball in first time on the break rather than take a couple more touches (allowing the opposition to compose themselves) and invariably losing the ball and b) use his right foot as well, he could be a very good player. Too often though when we broke down the left and we had Benteke in the middle ready and waiting for a ball into the box to run at Cissokho would slow down play again. A bit like Grealish running to the edge of the box and stopping. The two of them are going to have to do a load of work together but I think in a 4-1-4-1 Cissokho's selection will allow Grealish to be played too.

I do still wonder if Bacuna will carry on in defence though. No, he's not a defender but he's done a good enough job and he's very good going forward. Cissokho gives us options though.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deal for Cissokho's return agreed?   4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:04 pm

I think I echo the sentiments of everyone here when I say he's a shite footballer but a good defender. Glad to have him back provided he's not allowed past the halfway line.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Glad he coming back Richardson kills me.

As for Richards at rb no thanks his been a beast at cb by far!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Good move even though I have been impressed with Bacuna in the last two games.
I still think there's a spot somewhere in this team for Bacuna because things tend to happen when he's there. He might be useful in a wing role on either side to help protect the fullbacks and he still has the ability to have a pop from long range or play a decent through ball. Gives us more physicality than Grealish, Gil or Sinclair.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:26 am

I'm happy to see Cissokho given another shot and equally would be happy to never see Bacuna in a Villa shirt again, definitely one for the out-tray rather than the some-day-maybe pile.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down