The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Libor Kozak

+46
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
EbeneezerGoode
Saunders82
mefromhere
worcesterkev
DaveAV1
Cha Ching
NARLA24
Trotters
féliré
Villa_Dan
jeffvilla
WendyOz
avfc forever
andrew24561
Dgrizzle7
The Utterer
avfc85
Synopsis
De Kuip
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Army villain
Terry Derry
VTID85
Deano69
The Great white walnut
GadgetMan
KMitch
villabromsgrove
kimbo
pablo23uk
Hornso
cgale
Tyler Durden
thegaffer6
Morpheus
danthemanwhocan
TimVilla
Tomy-Flemba
VillaBill
Green Villan
Jim
DomAVFC
pooligan
50 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Libor Kozak Empty Kozak a Step Nearer a Return

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:04 pm

He's off his crutches

Paul Lambert has revealed that Libor Kozak is now off his crutches as he continues on his long road to recovery.

Kozak broke his leg in a freak training ground tackle on New Year's Day.

Now three months later, the diagnosis is good from boss Lambert.

In a quick update, the manager said Kozak is making good progress and is "on course" for a potential return in pre-season.

Importantly, Lambert told us that Kozak is in a positive state mentally as he battles back from the frustration of being out of action.

Lambert said: "Libor is doing great.

"He is off the crutches now. I think he's in a much happier place within himself now as well.

"The thing with Libor is he's a top boy so you know that, with his rehabilitation, he'll knuckle down.

"He'll not cut any corners. He'll have good days and bad days because of the mental stress of it but he will do his utmost to get fit.

"He's on course, certainly. We're hoping that by pre-season, he'll not be too far away. Libor is definitely doing well.

"He was down when the whole thing happened and for a few weeks after that.

"But I saw him the other day and we were having a chat. I think coming off the crutches has been a major step considering the amount of time he was on them."

Kozak joined Villa from Lazio in September 2013 on a four-year deal.

The giant striker has scored four goals in just 14 starts.

Are we expecting much from Kozak next season? I have to admit that personally speaking I like and rate him as a player. Before his injury he looked like he had adapted to playing in the Premier League and there are times since his injury that I've wished he was fit due to Beneteke's hot and cold form. We could use a decent striker who could fill in, which for me Grant Holt plainly is not. He has scored more goals than both Weimann and Gabby in far fewer games, whilst adapting to a new league.

Next season, regardless of Benteke's future I see Libor as a very good backup and hope he is not too badly affected by his injury too badly next season. If Big Chris goes then I'd like to see us bring another good striker in, who Kozak can fight with for a place.

Back to top Go down

Libor Kozak Empty Re: Libor Kozak

Post by Trotters Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Well now it's a case of "imagine the worst thing....and half it"

Very Happy

Good news. I think he'll take time to adapt to the Premiership and was making good inroads. The injury could well be career ending depending on how much damage was done aside from the bone snappage...time will tell.

But assuming he can get back to full match fitness, I think he'll be great.

I have no idea how long that will take though.
Trotters
Trotters

Libor Kozak 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 pm

I rate kozak - ,he will score plenty next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Me too, he has already scored important goals for us and hope he does next year too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Kozak is class and will score plenty for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Aye, and so much for the horeshit I read in January of "think of the worst and double it" as if he'd had his head removed and replaced with a traffic cone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:10 pm

BillyBleach wrote:Aye, and so much for the horeshit I read in January of "think of the worst and double it" as if he'd had his head removed and replaced with a traffic cone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6H0xBxR1Hk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 pm

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:24 am

Don't see it with Kozak. He looks average.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Fits right in with the Villa then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:59 pm

We merely aspire to averageness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:05 am

I think Kozak will score more goals for us than Benteke will over their respective careers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 am

Just as long as we keep Clark away from the lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:01 pm

I liked what i saw of Kozak,i think he certainly offers more of a goal threat than the likes of Gabby,Weimann,Bowery and Holt .With better service i think he could be even better
pooligan

Libor Kozak 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:13 pm

If it hadn't been for the freak injury in training i seriously think we would be up there with the Southampton and Geordie lot, in terms of points.
He would have scored enough goals to put us up there.
The sooner he is back to full fitness the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Indeed Pooligan, at least he knows where the goal is and how to find the net more regularly than those you mention.

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Thu May 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi, I'm new here, and I've gotta say I love the friendly feel that this forum has, keep up the great work guys!

I really rate Kozak, not only does he score a lot of goals for the shots he takes, but he has a habit of scoring crucial ones at just the right time to secure us points! He scored the only goal of the 1-0 away victory against Norwich, he scored in the 2-0 home victory v Cardiff and he scored the second goal in our 3-2 away victory against Southampton. So, if we don't get someone world class with our (hopefully) super-rich new owners, bring him on next season!
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Libor Kozak 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Thu May 29, 2014 1:09 pm

I agree to an extent, he divides opinions because he looks awkward, like crouch did, he doesn't look like a premier league footballer to me, but he will score goals, he wont get 20 a season but i reckon he could get into double figures, i don't think he would worth with benteke up front but would be a good partner for weimann or gabby in a 442
Jim
Jim

Libor Kozak 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Welcome to TBAR Dom, glad you are liking things here so far.

Have to say I agree with you RE Kozak. There is a good player there and I think as a striker he gave us more than Weimann and Gabby did last season in spite of being new to the PL (coming from the much slower Serie A) and playing less often. Losing both him and Benteke to injury was a major blow for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu May 29, 2014 1:19 pm

I like him, and he'll score goals. I doubt he'd ever be prolific but he'll get a good 10-14 a season and some important ones
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Libor Kozak 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Thu May 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Jim wrote: i don't think he would worth with benteke up front but would be a good partner for weimann or gabby in a 442

Yeah, I agree, I think with Kozak, you have to have either him or Benteke up front, not the 2 of them together, that would create too much confusion as to who is the target man (especially with the brand of hoofball we seem to be employing currently). I think without Benteke but with Kozak still okay to play, we would probably have finished mid-table this season, not a measly 15th, but it's always difficult to argue such counterfactuals.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Libor Kozak 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu May 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Kozak and Benteke acting as partners could work but I'd prefer not to play both at the same time as they have quite similar styles albeit Benteke has more talent.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Libor Kozak 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Agree that they shouldn't play together. I suspect it would see us resort to a long ball game even if they could fit together as a partnership. I'd pick one of them as a spearhead of a 4-2-3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu May 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Agree that they shouldn't play together. I suspect it would see us resort to a long ball game even if they could fit together as a partnership

Shudders at the thought.

Billy McBingo wrote:I'd pick one of them as a spearhead of a 4-2-3-1

My only problem with this is the CDM position, I think we need to get a couple of CDM's with experience, a big tuff lad for the defensive side and a big lad that can pass for the moving the ball forward side of things.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Libor Kozak 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 29, 2014 8:40 pm

I thought Kozak looked like he tried hard, needs more time to show us what he can do
VillaBill
VillaBill

Libor Kozak 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next