The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Our Deal with Macron

3 posters

Go down

Our Deal with Macron Empty Our Deal with Macron

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:01 pm

When does our deal with them run to?

I notice that Warrior Sport (who do Liverpool's kit, I believe) are planning on announcing a new team tomorrow and I think I remember hearing our deal with Macron expires this season.

Back to top Go down

Our Deal with Macron Empty Re: Our Deal with Macron

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Just found out we are with Macron until 2016 so nothing to see here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 pm

That's quite a long-term deal. What do we think of Macron actually? I have been underwhelmed. Then again, I liked most of the nike kits, especially the early ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:03 am

I quite like the look of all the strips. I've never actually bought one, ( nothing looks more ridiculous than a 55 year old bloke in a football shirt, apart from Trotters maybe  Very Happy ), so I've got no idea what kind of quality they are
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

Our Deal with Macron 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 am

[quote="The Great white walnut"]I quite like the look of all the strips. I've never actually bought one, ( nothing looks more ridiculous than a 55 year old bloke in a football shirt, apart from Trotters maybe  Very Happy ), so I've got no idea what kind of quality they are[/quote
I am 43 and i think i look rather dashing in my Macron shirt. That is until i have had 5-6 pints, then it does get a bit tight around the waist Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 am

I've not got a kit but my lads have the home and away tops (plural thanks to Steben). Spencer has the blue training top and it looks fantastic.

In my opinion, they're much nicer than the nike stuff. And it was designed for us, not just a copy and paste job that Nike did.

Fucking lazy that was. Even I could design a kit for a small fee so why Nike couldn't even be bothered is beyond me.

Fuck 'em. And the Chinese horse they rode in on.

Edit: remember that time that General said there was a delay in the delivery due to quality control? The kit was available here in Australia. The problem? No sponsor!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:13 am

I think it's been a few years since I thought we had a really good kit. I wish we would go a bit retro for a few seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:20 am

Some of that retro gear going around is proper nice. Modernised retro just ain't it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 am

My girlfriend got me this seasons home kit and it looks pretty good. I'm not sure it's proper claret though?

Two years ago I bought the retro 80/81 and it's a great job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Next season I would like to see us wearing the 1957 Fa Cup final shirt. Imagine the last time we wore that we won the cup, live up to the shirt boys...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:36 pm

I prefer Macron to Nike, ultimately.

For me the only thing I'm not keen on is the shoulder logos that look like legless people. Of course they are not too big a problem as they usually peel off after a couple of washes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Some nice training tops which hopefully will be down to a tenner soon .

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy No Mates Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 pm

I always wait for the sales, get some good bargains. I pay what the shirt is worth, £45 for a shirt is a major rip off.
Billy No Mates

Our Deal with Macron 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Billy No Mates wrote:I always wait for the sales, get some good bargains.  I pay what the shirt is worth, £45 for a shirt is a major rip off.

Indeed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 pm

If you think about it football has become a rip off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:33 pm

My sister in law (a Liverpewel fan) sent me over this seasons home shirt for Chrimbo, and I happen to think I look a right little Charlie Smart Bollocks in it :) And I'm...umm...older than 55.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:If you think about it football has become a rip off.

It most certainly has. How I long for the days when I could get return train fare (Four Oaks/Aston/Four Oaks), get wellied in the Witton Arms, admission to the old Holte End, Match Programme, Bovril, a meat pie (affectionately known as 'sealed orders'), and still have enough change out of two quid for a decent curry and a good woman.

Tell the kids that nowadays and they'll never believe yer Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Firestarter wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:If you think about it football has become a rip off.

It most certainly has. How I long for the days when I could get return train fare (Four Oaks/Aston/Four Oaks), get wellied in the Witton Arms, admission to the old Holte End, Match Programme, Bovril, a meat pie (affectionately known as 'sealed orders'), and still have enough change out of two quid for a decent curry and a good woman.

Tell the kids that nowadays and they'll never believe yer Wink
That was bloody expensive from where i came from. You still had change for a Bovril ? Ya posh git.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 pm

When I was a kid I used to get my bus fare, gate money and enough for a drink. I walked there and back, sneaked in, didn't buy a drink and saved up for a kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:25 am

It's a mad industry when the price the customer pays is dictated by the amount the staff of the club get paid.

Total arse backward.

I'm all for footballers getting a salary to make up for the fact that it's a short career (it's not like they can't work afterwards though) and a bit extra for giving up weekends and a little more extra for having to be in the public eye.

So if you said triple the national average salary for the short career, half that again for weekend penalty rates. Half of all of that again for the publicity and then add their image rights (I dunno how you work that out).

By my reckoning, that comes to about 180,000 pounds a year.

That's not fucking bad at all!

Then you take that figure and add in a multiplier for the "bums on seats" factor that the agent negotiates - within reason.

Benteke, Delph and Gabby sell merchandise, and get the crowds in. So multiply that 180,000 by 2.

Guzan? 1.7

Sylla? 1.

The reserves. Times it by 0.6

Youth? Times it by 0.3

Then add in win bonuses.

Top players should be getting 180k x 2 plus win bonuses.
That's 360k a year plus. Add in image rights and the best will be on a cool half million a year. That's more than enough!

Average players that aren't household names will still be pulling in a very comfortable 180k plus and your youth prospect 60k a year. Still a brilliant salary.

If you halve that for every league below, your bottom tier football player will still be making a base wage equivalent to the national average salary plus bonuses. That to me is fair. Why is a lower lower league football player worth more than a midwife or a paramedic?  

When dickheads like Wayne Rooney are on that my version of what should be a base wage every 4 days, then the wheels have fallen off and rolled far far away.

Let's face it, what are they going to do if they aren't playing football? With the exception of Shaka Hislop, I've never heard of another player who's a rocket scientist. Odds are they'd be earning the national average at best working I a job they hate.

I'd also love to see some kind of draft system. And to be honest, the media attention that it gets in the USA is phenomenal and makes our transfer window look very dull indeed so it'd bring in big advertising dollars for the FA which can be divided up amongst the teams.

Football and the money that's in it is a shameful mess. And the people that pay for it all are the people who can least afford it*

* no, not Randy Lerner. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Trotters wrote:It's a mad industry when the price the customer pays is dictated by the amount the staff of the club get paid.

Total arse backward.

I'm all for footballers getting a salary to make up for the fact that it's a short career (it's not like they can't work afterwards though) and a bit extra for giving up weekends and a little more extra for having to be in the public eye.

So if you said triple the national average salary for the short career, half that again for weekend penalty rates. Half of all of that again for the publicity and then add their image rights (I dunno how you work that out).

By my reckoning, that comes to about 180,000 pounds a year.

That's not fucking bad at all!

Then you take that figure and add in a multiplier for the "bums on seats" factor that the agent negotiates - within reason.

Benteke, Delph and Gabby sell merchandise, and get the crowds in. So multiply that 180,000 by 2.

Guzan? 1.7

Sylla? 1.

The reserves. Times it by 0.6

Youth? Times it by 0.3

Then add in win bonuses.

Top players should be getting 180k x 2 plus win bonuses.
That's 360k a year plus. Add in image rights and the best will be on a cool half million a year. That's more than enough!

Average players that aren't household names will still be pulling in a very comfortable 180k plus and your youth prospect 60k a year. Still a brilliant salary.

If you halve that for every league below, your bottom tier football player will still be making a base wage equivalent to the national average salary plus bonuses. That to me is fair. Why is a lower lower league football player worth more than a midwife or a paramedic?  

When dickheads like Wayne Rooney are on that my version of what should be a base wage every 4 days, then the wheels have fallen off and rolled far far away.

Let's face it, what are they going to do if they aren't playing football?  With the exception of Shaka Hislop, I've never heard of another player who's a rocket scientist. Odds are they'd be earning the national average at best working I a job they hate.

I'd also love to see some kind of draft system. And to be honest, the media attention that it gets in the USA is phenomenal and makes our transfer window look very dull indeed so it'd bring in big advertising dollars for the FA which can be divided up amongst the teams.

Football and the money that's in it is a shameful mess. And the people that pay for it all are the people who can least afford it*

* no, not Randy Lerner. Very Happy
That Trotters, is a bloody good shout. Makes perfect sense to have some sort of draft system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Excellent post there Trotters.

It is utterly ridiculous the way it is currently set up. Shocking to think that the world has been in a financial meltdown since late 2007, yet footballers, on average, are probably earning double what they were in 2007 and their salaries were already vulgarly excessive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Billy No Mates wrote:I always wait for the sales, get some good bargains.  I pay what the shirt is worth, £45 for a shirt is a major rip off.

Home shirt down to £15 in the 'spring sale' if anybody is interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm too old for football shirts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down