The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh?

+12
Dgrizzle7
EbeneezerGoode
Trotters
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
villajk
Dazzle
mefromhere
gdav
FoxyAV
NARLA24
Nath11
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 Empty Re: What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh?

Post by mefromhere Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 am

Joppe84 wrote:
mefromhere wrote:Gardner isn't injured again. He played 85 minutes Monday against Newcastle. That quote is from pre-season so site is out of date

Not true. It's fully updated. Says Gardner is back 21st Nov 15. Westwood is there as well.

For all I know it might be the match you refer to that Gardner got injured in.

Gardner on Monday night: Was good to get 85 minutes Under my belt tonight another step towards full fitness gutted for both my result and the first team #utv
mefromhere
mefromhere

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 Empty Re: What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh?

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:59 am

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 Image11
Trotters
Trotters

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:00 am

Gabby is so shit they didn't even bother looking up a photo for him.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:09 am

mefromhere wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
mefromhere wrote:Gardner isn't injured again. He played 85 minutes Monday against Newcastle. That quote is from pre-season so site is out of date

Not true. It's fully updated. Says Gardner is back 21st Nov 15. Westwood is there as well.

Gardner on Monday night: Was good to get 85 minutes Under my belt tonight another step towards full fitness gutted for both my result and the first team #utv

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:13 am

He's try to say that it's entirely possible that the physio room site hasn't received an update from the club. 

Personally, I find it really hard to believe that the club fail at communication. Rolling Eyes

But if Gardner himself has said he's getting back to fitness, then you have to take it as meaning that he's back in training until he breaks again in half an hour.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:35 am

Gardner played Great for forest last year and and scored some great goals ,free kicks this from DM, Veretout has done nothing the league he came from =championship at best I guess you have seen him on you tube so he looks great you must have some irrational love for him guess( why get personnel )
villajk

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 am

villajk wrote:Gardner played Great for forest last year and and scored some great goals ,free kicks this from DM, Veretout has done nothing the league he came from =championship at best I guess you have seen him on you tube so he looks great you must have some irrational love for him guess( why get personnel )

Sorry, I was a huge Gardner fan and told anyone who would listen that he'd be the next Gerrard, but Veretout is a much more complete player at this time. Gardner just can't guarantee his fitness and if you compare their short Villa appearances side by side Veretout has looked much better. He was also highly rated and chased by clubs other than ourselves. 

At this moment in time Vereout > Gardner
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:43 am

You're partially right. I've got no empirical data to suggest Veretout is better than Gardner.

Then again he was wanted by loads of clubs around Europe. The only reason he came here was 1) we had the premier wages 2) we could offer what the French club wanted.

There will never be a load of foreign clubs after Gardner. He will never be sold for anything close to what Veretout is and was listed at. And this is because like in everything else there's a cost connected to supply and demand. Quality is expensive, Gardner has showed to be neither.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 am

This is the worst Villa side I've ever seen and Gardner can't solidify his place. I just don't get the hype. How many more managers does it need to avoid picking him for people to understand that he's not especially good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 am

villajk wrote:Gardner played Great for forest last year and and scored some great goals ,free kicks this from DM, Veretout has done nothing the league he came from =championship at best I guess you have seen him on you tube so he looks great you must have some irrational love for him guess( why get personnel )

That inferior French league you allude to produced two champions league quarter finalists last season. To compare it to our second tier championship is some way off.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Because the Managers know when fit he will be our best midfielder unlike us we only see 90mins of the team, I know we all think we no better, he will probable be the next Cahil.( or Albrighton, Davies) don't class kmac as a manager
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:27 pm

At this moment Gardner is not our best midfielder. There is no argument you can make which can be backed by actual performances in the league to support it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 pm

I SAID WHEN FIT and what have you seen in veretout iv seen nothing
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:49 pm

villajk wrote:what have you seen in veretout iv seen nothing

I've watched him play this season with my own eyes, and he's had a real touch of class about him. Gardner's appearances at this level have only ever been solid, he's shown nothing in any premier league match
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Gardner got injured in the pre-season match at Swindon. It was s bad tAckle. What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 1662365926
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:14 pm

So you disregard Veretout because he's only previously played in the French leagues that you believe are of a lower standard than the premiership, then claim that Gardner is better because he's played in....an ACTUAL lower league than the premiership. 

Like Dan, I've bee my very encouraged by the performances I've seen and the reports I've read. But when it's come to the top flight, he's not stood out as anything other than average. 

Maybe he needs an extended run and more experience. But, because he's made of part glass and part bad luck, he's not had why at opportunity. Meanwhile, players his age ARE getting that experience and ARE getting better. 

Veretout is the player Gardner always promised he'd be. And that's after just a few games. In another 6 months he'll be quite something. 

And as for him not doing anything in France, there have been enough reports in here alone to dispel that position. 

It's great that you want Gardner to massively succeed....I don't think you'll find a Villa fan that doesn't. But you also won't find too many now that genuinely believe he will.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Terry Derry wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

Gardner got injured in the pre-season match at Swindon. It was s bad tAckle. What starting lineup do you hope to see against Citeh? - Page 2 1662365926

Well if he got a slight knock in preseason (Ankle/Foot Injury) and is reported to be back at 21st November, then you should probably stop being a footballer. He's like that bloke from the movie Unbreakable.

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Trotters wrote:Veretout is the player Gardner always promised he'd be. And that's after just a few games. In another 6 months he'll be quite something.

+1

In all honesty I think the only reason Gardner is still contracted to us is because the club felt sorry for him after his injuries and gave him an extension.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Imo Gardner hasn't earn't a start in the 11 just yet, if that time come so be it but at present his behind a few.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:38 pm

The question was what line up do I *hope* to see - Here you go.......

Rimmer
Gibson Evans Mc Naught Swain
Bremner Cowans Mortimer Morley
Withe Shaw

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Any one that excludes Gabby, Richardson and Lesscot will do for me
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:57 pm

andrew24561 wrote:Any one that excludes Gabby, Richardson and Lesscot will do for me

Can I add Sanchez & Westwood to the above please
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:12 pm

ABG...

Anybody But Gabby...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2