The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Your Top 3 candidates

+17
Terry Derry
smetro
Jae1411
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Dazzle
Cha Ching
Synopsis
EbeneezerGoode
thegaffer6
ember
The Utterer
Mooseman
mefromhere
MarvelVillan
DaveAV1
De Kuip
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Top 3 candidates

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 pm

smetro wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:This move on galtier with the bookies is big. Every single one has dropped him to around 2/1 second favourite. Everyone else drifting
Gaining pace very quickly mate.Bookies are usually on the money....excuse the pun.

Madness - I disagree with the choice of Garde, but this obsession that new manager must be French is just plain daft.  If they believe Garde has what it takes fair enough - but just pursing 2nd rate French managers beggars belief
It does seem strange to me mate. I suppose Lerner and Fox are just looking for someone who, yet again, will work to the constraints that will be put on any new manager we get so we can just escape relegation and get the financial rewards for Lerners pocket next season. Bizzare.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:50 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:56 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
smetro wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:This move on galtier with the bookies is big. Every single one has dropped him to around 2/1 second favourite. Everyone else drifting
Gaining pace very quickly mate.Bookies are usually on the money....excuse the pun.

Madness - I disagree with the choice of Garde, but this obsession that new manager must be French is just plain daft.  If they believe Garde has what it takes fair enough - but just pursing 2nd rate French managers beggars belief
It does seem strange to me mate. I suppose Lerner and Fox are just looking for someone who, yet again, will work to the constraints that will be put on any new manager we get so we can just escape relegation and get the financial rewards for Lerners pocket next season. Bizzare.

I could perhaps understand on overseas bloke if he had a full pre season, and could implement his own ideas and get some of his own players in. But jetting one in when we are bottom of league and just need points by any means possible - I just can't see Garde or Gaulitier getting enough points on the board to keep us up. I will pretty much give up it either of those is appointed....
smetro
smetro

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:57 pm

smetro wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Dead right. People who have never heard of him are jumping on the Frog bandwAgon.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Terry Derry wrote:
smetro wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Dead right. People who have never heard of him are jumping on the Frog bandwAgon.
Spot on Terry. Really, i do not understand what the hell is going on with Villa anymore. Just going from one crisis to another.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:
Trotters wrote:That'd be the one that Collins & Dunne had a row with because he didn't like them eating pies, smoking and throwing Gordon Cowans about?

I don;t think that he was best mates with Gabby either, so that might be interesting

A lot of Villa fans moan about Houllier but he did suss Gabby out quite early, which has proven right. Houllier wasn't perfect but he was a better man than many of the players he was lumbered with, players that refused to get professional and do the things that might have given them the extra 1 or 2% needed at the highest levels of sport. Villa has been a little too "homely" for too long for too many players, though he did one or two silly things i salute Houllier for trying to force a culture change on comfortable football players who think they run the show, ie Gabby.

I've long held the opinion that if his health had held up I think Houllier would've been decent for us

100%
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:
Trotters wrote:That'd be the one that Collins & Dunne had a row with because he didn't like them eating pies, smoking and throwing Gordon Cowans about?

I don;t think that he was best mates with Gabby either, so that might be interesting

A lot of Villa fans moan about Houllier but he did suss Gabby out quite early, which has proven right. Houllier wasn't perfect but he was a better man than many of the players he was lumbered with, players that refused to get professional and do the things that might have given them the extra 1 or 2% needed at the highest levels of sport. Villa has been a little too "homely" for too long for too many players, though he did one or two silly things i salute Houllier for trying to force a culture change on comfortable football players who think they run the show, ie Gabby.

I've long held the opinion that if his health had held up I think Houllier would've been decent for us

100%

Yep. It's a shame Houllier had a bad ticker, because I think he would have been given the funds to build a good team. The penny pinching only started after he left and you had players like Caybaye stating he would have signed for us instead of Newcastle, had GH stuck around. He tried to drag our archaic inflexible old fashioned British 4-4-2 team into the 21st century. When the senior players proved they weren't going to cut the mustard in a modern 4-2-3-1 system, he let our youngsters have a go. Most of them proved that they weren't up to snuff, but he at least had the stones to drop Warnock for Baker/Clark, Gabby for Albrighton, and Ireland/Sidwell for Hogg/Bannan. I also loved his signings in Makoun (a progressive continental midfielder), Michael Bradley (who has since gone on to being one of the top midfielders in Italy before moving back to MLS), Kyle Walker (a fans favorite, and Spurs/England regular), and our record signing Darren Bent (who was set to be our star in Houlliers 4-2-3-1 system). Yep, it would have been something to see it all come together after another season or two.
KMitch
KMitch

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:12 pm

People could think Houllier is a good manager because he won French championnship with PSG in 1986 and with Lyon in 2006 and 2007. He has got good performances when he was coaching Liverpool. If we only look at his palmares, we could think Houllier is good. But if we analyze the conditions of his succes : how his teams played, how he managed his teams, how the club was when he leaved it,...

I think a good manager is a manager who sublime his players. Not a man who puts 11 players on the pitch and let them like they want. And in my opinion, it's the problem in Villa. We need a coach who make his players play together. Houllier isn't that kind. He won with good teams and he lost when his teams was less good.
Our players aren't even bad but they don't play together like if they don't know each other, like if they don't have common references on what they have to play.

I think Garde is able to make them play together. The other problem is we need time to include Veretout in the team but we don't have time. I think Garde, talking english and french, could be a good solution to incorporate faster Veretout who could become very important to the team.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:15 pm

Garde, with Lyon, make a really good job in a while his club don't have lot of money to increase his team. He picked young players from the academy to build his team.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 pm

You're right. Our players need specific instructions on what they are expected to do and how to play. This is what preseason is for, but I don't know what Sherwood spent the summer doing. I've never seen a more confused and lost side before. Everyone is doing what they're comfortable with, and not what they need to do.

The first thing I would do is drill the front 3-4 players on specific pass and move plays that show how to work the ball into the box from different areas of the pitch. At the same time, I'd train the back 7-8 players on defending as a unit and set play defense. Doing nothing but these two things should stablize us for a few weeks. After the players show they can handle the basics at either end of the pitch, it's time for one on one training. Time to teach Guzan how to distribute the ball, Gestede not to drop back 20 ft to receive the ball, Gabby to make runs into the channels, Westwood to pass into the channels, instead of sideways, etc. Drill out the mistakes everyone has adopted as a habit this season, while continuing to teach how to attack and defend as a unit, and the transition between the two. By January, we should be solid enough to play 1-2 formations comfortably and should be picking up the points expected of us.
KMitch
KMitch

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum