The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Your Top 3 candidates

+17
Terry Derry
smetro
Jae1411
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Dazzle
Cha Ching
Synopsis
EbeneezerGoode
thegaffer6
ember
The Utterer
Mooseman
mefromhere
MarvelVillan
DaveAV1
De Kuip
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your Top 3 candidates Empty Your Top 3 candidates

Post by smetro Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

Keep em feasible

For me

1.Moyes
2. Dyche
3.Pearson

smetro
smetro

Your Top 3 candidates 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Your Top 3 candidates Empty Re: Your Top 3 candidates

Post by féliré Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:47 am

1. Garde or Rodgers
3. Moyes
féliré
féliré

Your Top 3 candidates 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:53 am

Garde
Galtier

Moyes
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:56 am

1. Garde
2. Rodgers
3. Klinsmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 am

Rodgers
Garde
Moyes
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Your Top 3 candidates 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:13 am

@Cha Ching : Galtier is not a good manager. His team is so boring, only based on the ability of one or two players (Gradel last year and Romain Hamouma now...).
He only puts eleven guys on the pitch and lets them play like they want. When his team scores, he's happy. And when his team concede a goal, he's yelling at his players.

He isn't very smart...His team increases meanwhile the club recruits better players. He doesn't manage to make his players better than they are. It was a big mistake if Villa signed him.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:35 am

I honestly am not sure it matters, i think we've had it this season. I can see us getting to january with maybe 10pts if we get lucky. We have next to nothing in this squad. No reliable goalscorer, no leaders, no decent goalkeeper, no midfield aggressor. And this is without the winter months being upon us yet when you often see the foreign imports start to struggle! It will take huge investement in January to give us a chance, and i simply do not see that coming. Ancellotti, Mourinho, Pep........none of those could keep this lot up as it stands. Randolph once again took the cheap options in the summer and this time it looks like biting him, we are a team that fully deserve to go down.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Your Top 3 candidates 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:03 am

Garde
Rodgers
Moyes
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:30 am

Agree with Dgrizzle - they are the three I'm thinking of. But, that doesn't mean I'm wildly excited by any of them, and my fear is that it could end up meaning this:

Garde = Houllier
Rodgers = O'Neill
Moyes = Lambert.

Mind you, you may as well chuck in Le Favre/Ancelotti or Di Matteo for all it matters - I've stopped trying to guess not only who will manage us but how.

I was genuinely please when both Lambert and Sherwood were announced as Villa managers (I know some weren't about Sherwood, but I was - the optimism of the new and all that) and look how they both turned out, so to be honest I could put 10 names up and still have no clue about how anyone would do (other than a deep-rooted fear that no-one can save us).
De Kuip
De Kuip

Your Top 3 candidates 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:43 am

féliré wrote:@Cha Ching : Galtier is not a good manager. His team is so boring, only based on the ability of one or two players (Gradel last year and Romain Hamouma now...).
He only puts eleven guys on the pitch and lets them play like they want. When his team scores, he's happy. And when his team concede a goal, he's yelling at his players.

He isn't very smart...His team increases meanwhile the club recruits better players. He doesn't manage to make his players better than they are. It was a big mistake if Villa signed him.

Thank you. I only assumed that a level of research had been done by the club and he would have the necessary credentials also.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 pm

That's a very dangerous assumption ChaChing!!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:23 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Garde = Houllier

I disagree.

Houllier is an ass. He has got only one vision of football whatever the  player he can pick and if it doesn't work, he doesn't move. I don't know in England, but in France, most of people know he's not a good manager. He dosen't manage to bring France to World cup 94 and he accused Ginola for that though Houllier was the man who picks Ginola in his team (Why shit on your player when you have the choice to pick another one ???). When he was at Liverpool, he recruits lot of players with same caracteristics (Owen, Fowler, Le Tallec, Sinama-Pongole,...) like if he doesn't know nothing about football. And his time at Villa completed to convince me he was a jerk.

To the question : "How to destroy a club who improve for several years to almost fight with the big four ?" The answer is Gérard Houllier. Remember his team just after O'Neill...Four backs, five midfielder and a striker, alone. Fifty meters between the lone striker and the other players. At the end of the matches, the players don't remember the striker's name...Nobody likes this kind of football...Except if you like weapons tomahawk...

Though, Garde is a real good manager with several solutions. His kind of football respects the player of his team. He could be the solution for us because I think the problem is collective not individual. Most of our players can play in BPL : Clark, Amavi, Hutton, Okore, Richards, Westwood, Veretout, Gil, Gueye, Grealish,...The problem is they don't play together and I believe Garde can manage to. Rodgers too in my opinion.

I think Rodgers and Garde are the best solutions to replace Sherwood. Garde speaks french and knows Veretout, Gueye and Ayew very well.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Thank you for the insightful comments felire. It's always great to see other perspectives from people who know other leagues in other countries.

So will we win the Premier League next season or the season after?

Or both.........? :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Welcome Féliré. And I'll bet I'm not the only one reading your posts in an Inspector Clouseau accent.
Trotters
Trotters

Your Top 3 candidates 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Sorry, CHIEF Inspector Clouseau.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Everything seems risky at the moment but of the names constantly being bandied about, only Garde inspires much confidence, given the players we have.

I do feel we have enough flair and finesse to play our way out of the situation we're in. We just have to target a manager who can keep a cool head and work with that team. I don't think a bully boy or oldskool British manager would get far with our current crop.

So yeah, Garde, for me, as long as he gets the backroom staff he trusts.

I heard BFS interviewed the other day and they were talking about what he does when he arrives and they're a team in crisis. He said he just focuses on defence. He lets his assistants deal with the other stuff but his sole focus is that defence and making it solid as can be.
Not too surprising, I guess but I thought it interesting he completely relies on his staff for everything else. It's an area that often gets overlooked when it's completely essential.

Rodgers - I can't see him coming, tbh. It'd be such a potential nail in his career coffin and I'm not convinced by him anyway.

Moyes - I'd have loved him when he was with Everton but he seems broken these days.

Last edited by MarvelVillan on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed out other managers)
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:20 pm

féliré wrote:I disagree.

Houllier is an ass. He has got only one vision of football whatever the  player he can pick and if it doesn't work, he doesn't move. I don't know in England, but in France, most of people know he's not a good manager. He dosen't manage to bring France to World cup 94 and he accused Ginola for that though Houllier was the man who picks Ginola in his team (Why shit on your player when you have the choice to pick another one ???). When he was at Liverpool, he recruits lot of players with same caracteristics (Owen, Fowler, Le Tallec, Sinama-Pongole,...) like if he doesn't know nothing about football. And his time at Villa completed to convince me he was a jerk.

To the question : "How to destroy a club who improve for several years to almost fight with the big four ?" The answer is Gérard Houllier. Remember his team just after O'Neill...Four backs, five midfielder and a striker, alone. Fifty meters between the lone striker and the other players. At the end of the matches, the players don't remember the striker's name...Nobody likes this kind of football...Except if you like weapons tomahawk...

Though, Garde is a real good manager with several solutions. His kind of football respects the player of his team. He could be the solution for us because I think the problem is collective not individual. Most of our players can play in BPL : Clark, Amavi, Hutton, Okore, Richards, Westwood, Veretout, Gil, Gueye, Grealish,...The problem is they don't play together and I believe Garde can manage to. Rodgers too in my opinion.

I think Rodgers and Garde are the best solutions to replace Sherwood. Garde speaks french and knows Veretout, Gueye and Ayew very well

Thanks for the comparison - most interesting. The only reason I said Garde = Houllier (and remember I said my fear is, not that it will actually turn out this way) is that for some reason Aston Villa manages to destroy managers, and whilst Remi might turn up fluent in French and full of tactical nous, by the time he's spent a month with Fox and Lerner, he'll likely only be able to speak a strange dialect of Mongolian, vaguely remember what a football looks like, and eat porridge with his fists. Believe me, this club fucks.up.managers.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Trotters wrote:Sorry, CHIEF Inspector Clouseau.
lol!

I change my avatar right now !
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:22 pm

I know very little of Garde but the fact is that he'd do away with any communication issues between himself and the players who don't speak English well: Hutton and Gabby.

I honestly dread the idea of Rodgers, Moyes, Pearson and Di Matteo; they just seem like most other premier league managers in that they're treading water until it's their turn to feel relegation pressure and a pay-out when they're fired.

Garde might just bring proper football to Villa Park. Then again, he might be a complete dick. But at least we don't know FOR SURE he's a dick. We DO know that Rodgers and Pearson are.

I'm really surprised that the club haven't sorted this yet. We can ill-afford to be wasting 1 game waiting for a new manager, let alone the rumoured 3. Shit the bed!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Garde might just bring proper football to Villa Park. Then again, he might be a complete dick. But at least we don't know FOR SURE he's a dick. We DO know that Rodgers and Pearson are.

Yeah, a case of 'better the devil you DON'T know'. Sad times.

I wonder if the club thought they had Garde in place but didn't count on the backroom staff being a problem. His name was out of left field but on everyone's lips almost immediately. It'd certainly be true to this regime's form.

I've got to the stage of 'why not' about managers now. I was totally snowed by Sherwood's 'Half a Sixpence' style cheeky enthusiasm. Now I just feel tired.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:44 pm

MarvelVillan wrote:Now I just feel tired

Know what you mean - supporting Villa these last few years has been like watching a compilation video of Russian dashcams on youtube.......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:51 pm

De Kuip wrote:
MarvelVillan wrote:Now I just feel tired

Know what you mean - supporting Villa these last few years has been like watching a compilation video of Russian dashcams on youtube.......

Ha! =) It is exhausting.

The worst of it is I've got two young lads who I've brought up to be Villa and it's just depressing for them. Never mind the glory days, they've barely seen us win a match.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Yeah - know what you mean - I lost that battle with my middle lad, he's a Chelski fan. Had to send him to live in Abu Dhabi so I didn't have to admit he was my offspring. (Mind you, the funny thing is that for some reason he's always hated Man City, and now he lives in Etihad Towers).

Obviously I don't take the piss out of him given this turn of events............
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:57 pm

MarvelVillan wrote:

Yeah, a case of 'better the devil you DON'T know'. Sad times.

I wonder if the club thought they had Garde in place but didn't count on the backroom staff being a problem. His name was out of left field but on everyone's lips almost immediately. It'd certainly be true to this regime's form.

I've got to the stage of 'why not' about managers now. I was totally snowed by Sherwood's 'Half a Sixpence' style cheeky enthusiasm. Now I just feel tired.

Come on mate Pearson is a huge strap on!!

Rodgers I feel could do a ob if called upon, did a good job a swansea, but the french players need to adapt very quickly.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm

"Come on mate Pearson is a huge strap on!!"

Is that at me?  I totally agree with you - and in another thread stated that I'd almost see us relegated than have that asshat in charge.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum