The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Your Top 3 candidates

+17
Terry Derry
smetro
Jae1411
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Dazzle
Cha Ching
Synopsis
EbeneezerGoode
thegaffer6
ember
The Utterer
Mooseman
mefromhere
MarvelVillan
DaveAV1
De Kuip
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Top 3 candidates

Post by mefromhere Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:33 pm

I think I've just been sold on Garde. Makes players work as a team and would play Veretout, Gana and Ayew as they should be played.

The players are more than good enough. The team isn't.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooseman Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 pm

mefromhere wrote:I think I've just been sold on Garde. Makes players work as a team and would play Veretout, Gana and Ayew as they should be played.

The players are more than good enough. The team isn't.
totaly agree mate,epecially with Ayew!utv
Mooseman
Mooseman

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:27 pm

My top 3 are pointless listing as they would never waste their time working under such awful leadership or coming to a club with zero ambition.

Of the names mentioned, most of whom wouldn't be interested either by the looks of things like Moyes, Rogers etc, I don't find any of them making me think "Wow! We actually have a chance if he comes!"

Garde I know nothing about so couldn't say either way it would be a purely "cross your fingers & pray" situation and the only other names being mentioned are Yorke (lol!) Pearson (Dear Lord!) and that's about it!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Trotters wrote: But at least we don't know FOR SURE he's a dick. We DO know that Rodgers and Pearson are.

Yep, those pair of twats are pretty detestable. Rodgers=David Brent.
Pearson=that cnut P.E. teacher at school that everybody hated but was shit scared of because he was a bully with authority, yet didn't get any decent performances out of the terrified pupils. Standing on the sidelines, frustrated and yelling, face the colour of Ribena wondering why the pupils were such useless little spastics.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:38 pm

ember wrote:
Trotters wrote: But at least we don't know FOR SURE he's a dick. We DO know that Rodgers and Pearson are.

Pearson=that cnut P.E. teacher at school that everybody hated but was shit scared of because he was a bully with authority, yet didn't get any decent performances out of the terrified pupils. Standing on the sidelines, frustrated and yelling, face the colour of Ribena wondering why the pupils were such useless little spastics.

Laughing
I think you had the same games teacher I had Ember ...Used to make us play in skins in the snow the perv Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 1420239857
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:15 pm

The Utterer wrote:
ember wrote:

Laughing
I think you had the same games teacher I had Ember ...Used to make us play in skins in the snow the perv Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 1420239857

Laughing Mate, everybody had the same games teacher as us at some point in their schooldays, usually secondary school. I forgot the noncey element they all seem to carry as well. Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 1787200310 Luckily for me, the version I had was shit-scared of my older brother who'd attended the same school before I arrived, so I lead a charmed life not getting battered, buggered or otherwise abused. Laughing
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Joe Kinnear
Steve Kean
Avram Grant
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:18 pm

KMitch wrote:Joe Kinnear
Steve Kean
Avram Grant

Is that you Tom ?

[Tom Fox]
smetro
smetro

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 pm

John Carver
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Avram Grant looked like he was dying ten years ago. I'm sure he's moved on to guest appearances in AMC's The Walking Dead.

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 Avram_Grant_1542654c
Trotters
Trotters

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:41 am

Sammy Lee
Les Reed
Paulo Di Canio
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:58 am

Just a heads up on this one. The fitness coach that Garde wants with him was at BMH today. He also worked under Gerrard Houllier when he was at Liverpool and Villa. I would say that Garde is soon to be our next Manager. Just a bit of info for us all. UTV.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 am

That'd be the one that Collins & Dunne had a row with because he didn't like them eating pies, smoking and throwing Gordon Cowans about?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:22 am

Hmmmn!....thanks for the update Narla report About the only thing of any substance i've read for a while.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 am

I would like one of the following:

Garde - only if he can bring the full compliment of staff he wants though so there is nothing to shake his confidence.

Murat Yakin

Jorge Jesus - if villa fans are going to spend the rest of the season praying might as well have someone named after the son of god in charge no?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:39 am

NARLA24 wrote:Just a heads up on this one. The fitness coach that Garde wants with him was at BMH today. He also worked under Gerrard Houllier when he was at Liverpool and Villa. I would say that Garde is soon to be our next Manager. Just a bit of info for us all. UTV.

Thats good news, hopefully we get garde in sooner rather than later
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:55 am

Trotters wrote:That'd be the one that Collins & Dunne had a row with because he didn't like them eating pies, smoking and throwing Gordon Cowans about?

I don;t think that he was best mates with Gabby either, so that might be interesting
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:07 am

Cha Ching wrote:
Trotters wrote:That'd be the one that Collins & Dunne had a row with because he didn't like them eating pies, smoking and throwing Gordon Cowans about?

I don;t think that he was best mates with Gabby either, so that might be interesting

A lot of Villa fans moan about Houllier but he did suss Gabby out quite early, which has proven right. Houllier wasn't perfect but he was a better man than many of the players he was lumbered with, players that refused to get professional and do the things that might have given them the extra 1 or 2% needed at the highest levels of sport. Villa has been a little too "homely" for too long for too many players, though he did one or two silly things i salute Houllier for trying to force a culture change on comfortable football players who think they run the show, ie Gabby.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:14 am

Hate to say but Galtier coming in and Garde on the drift on Betfair at present

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/football/market/1.121476444
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:18 am

Dazzle wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:

A lot of Villa fans moan about Houllier but he did suss Gabby out quite early, which has proven right. Houllier wasn't perfect but he was a better man than many of the players he was lumbered with, players that refused to get professional and do the things that might have given them the extra 1 or 2% needed at the highest levels of sport. Villa has been a little too "homely" for too long for too many players, though he did one or two silly things i salute Houllier for trying to force a culture change on comfortable football players who think they run the show, ie Gabby.

I've long held the opinion that if his health had held up I think Houllier would've been decent for us
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:49 am

Our new member, Féliré, stated that Houllier wasn't highly rated in France but I think it was a case that he was so far ahead of Mon (and his cronie's) thinking that he was dragging this club kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Maybe he wouldn't have done much past that but he really was a visionary compared to every manager we've had under Lerner. And that's why we are where we are today....our most modern/progressive manager in the last ten years was considered a busted flush in Europe.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:25 pm

This move on galtier with the bookies is big. Every single one has dropped him to around 2/1 second favourite. Everyone else drifting
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Jae1411 wrote:This move on galtier with the bookies is big. Every single one has dropped him to around 2/1 second favourite. Everyone else drifting
Gaining pace very quickly mate.Bookies are usually on the money....excuse the pun.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Your Top 3 candidates - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Trotters wrote:Our new member, Féliré, stated that Houllier wasn't highly rated in France but I think it was a case that he was so far ahead of Mon (and his cronie's) thinking that he was dragging this club kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Maybe he wouldn't have done much past that but he really was a visionary compared to every manager we've had under Lerner. And that's why we are where we are today....our most modern/progressive manager in the last ten years was considered a busted flush in Europe.

Got to say I totally disagree - he couldn't get a squad with downing, milner, young, firing on all cylinders  (top 6 material previous season) - He then hoodwinked a lot people by talking about a 'root and branch culture change' and changing the 'whole ethos'  of the club. I am really am surprised how many people were taken in by this.

What we need is a guy who can put a team out to win matches   *NOW* - what we don't need is some visionary, who will talk about a vision for aston villa, and some grand plan which will come to fruition in 3 or 4 years.  I don't believe it is that complicated, stop leaking daft goals, make us hard to beat, the rest will follow on from there......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:This move on galtier with the bookies is big. Every single one has dropped him to around 2/1 second favourite. Everyone else drifting
Gaining pace very quickly mate.Bookies are usually on the money....excuse the pun.

Madness - I disagree with the choice of Garde, but this obsession that new manager must be French is just plain daft. If they believe Garde has what it takes fair enough - but just pursing 2nd rate French managers beggars belief
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum