The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by De Kuip Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Honestly, if it wasn't going to be Garde (and it looks like it is), looking at the alternatives, I think I'd prefer KMac.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Oh I know. But we thought the same before Sherwood got the job last season. Under Lambert we couldn't get a goal, a victory was pie in the sky stuff. But we made it

But we had Bentekke then - and that combined with a Burnley away win at Hull saved us.

Actually you could argue that Sean Dyche has already saved us from relegation once ! - sign him up !
smetro
smetro

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:36 pm

We had Benteke before Sherwood as well, we didn't score much :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Fat Sam & Pulis are managing prem teams already, Moyes too in spain, it will be time consuming and costly to try to get any of them even if they would consider coming. I know nothing about this bloke Remi Garde only what ive read BUT he is a free agent who can get stuck in straight away, and as a disciple of Wenger & Houlier I'm sure he only needs to ask for advice. As someone has said earlier he hasn't even signed yet and people are knocking him, if it happens lets give the bloke a chance for Christ sake, I'm old enough to remember us signing Ron Saunders and boy I can tell you I wasn't impressed BUT I had to eat my words once he got going, he even brought in Peter Withe and I cringed but again what a signing, if it happens lets give him a chance, we never know do we. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Garde move in balance. Can't get his back room staff??
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Just a matter of squeezing us for money surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Just a matter of squeezing us for money surely?
Yeah maybe it did come from Percy at the telegraph & he seems to be close to the club.
Probably making out its off to speed up haggling over compo for the clubs his staff are at.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Just a matter of squeezing us for money surely?

Definitely. Compensation for back room staff won't be very much.

From the sound of it Garde is very likely to be our new man. His current employer has stated that he is in discussions with us, odds on all the betting sites make him out to be the clear favorite, and Trent on Villa Talk has confirmed we are indeed after him.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm happy with that.

Now lets get a solid win on Wednesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Every single bookies have shortened poyet into 3rd favourite today. That would be depressing
Jae1411

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Garde may not happen. The backroom staff he worked with at Lyon are not going to be released apparently.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Slavery has been abolished though so I'm not sure that Lyon can block them if they really want to go. we'll stump up some compensation a bit like Culverhouse and Karsa
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 pm

One of the backroom staff he wants is Robert Duverne ....

Name ring a bell to anybody?

He of the "fight with Dunne and Collins because they didn't want to do fitness training" fame
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:08 pm

mefromhere wrote:One of the backroom staff he wants is Robert Duverne ....

Name ring a bell to anybody?

He of the "fight with Dunne and Collins because they didn't want to do fitness training" fame

Don't forget the Patrice Evra boxing match at the 2010 World Cup. He's apparently very well regarded in France.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Slavery has been abolished though so I'm not sure that Lyon can block them if they really want to go. we'll stump up some compensation a bit like Culverhouse and Karsa

Yes, it's posturing as a negotiating tactic by their current employers. Contracts in football don't indenture anyone. We are talking about employees of an organisation in the EU, not sub-continent workers in the Gulf states who've had their passports grabbed by the gang-master. If they want to come, they'll come and the compo will be thrashed out via arbitration.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 pm

ember wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:Slavery has been abolished though so I'm not sure that Lyon can block them if they really want to go. we'll stump up some compensation a bit like Culverhouse and Karsa

Yes, it's posturing as a negotiating tactic by their current employers. Contracts in football don't indenture anyone. We are talking about employees of an organisation in the EU, not sub-continent workers in the Gulf states who've had their passports grabbed by the gang-master. If they want to come, they'll come and the compo will be thrashed out via arbitration.

I still don't think it will be Garde - but the idea of backroom staff scuppering the deal doesn't seem feasible - if they want to come they will.
smetro
smetro

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:26 am

ember wrote:

We don't have that going on in ME anymore it's even illegal here!

Why oh why don't the owners and people running our club ever learn? Another manager with limited experience, a dodgy (and short) record and never proven in a fight? This is the end of our Premier league status! The Lerner Legacy!
DelboyVilla

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:27 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 am

If Remi really is 1st choice then we should be pulling up trees to make it happen - no penny pinching. We're way beyond the luxury of getting someone 'for the right price'.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:37 am

"Kevin MacDonald's Claret and Blue Army!!!!"
Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:41 am

Agreed no time to delay, no matter who takes the role they will want their own team which will involve compensation payments anyway??

Sort out a package an get it done!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:45 am

I can't blame Lyon if they're fucking about over money. If Lerner-the-dickhead approached me because I had the solution to his £100,000,000 problem, then be assured his pants would be around his ankles*

*metaphor.
Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 am

What's know about European football and 20 cents will get you a short phone call but Twitter is saying that Garde wants three coaches:

Baticle & Genesio from Lyon and Duverne from Metz.

Lyon apparently have no issue with him taking Genesio and will allow Baticle to go for compensation. But apparently he doesn't want to create a problem for Lyon by leaving.

Either that or he's seen what N'Zogbia wears and doesn't want to damage his retina.
Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 am

You're absolutely sure it's a metaphor? :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:58 am

I honestly don't get how big this compensation would be. Surely it's a lot less than you would imagine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next