The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by NARLA24 Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:56 pm

gdav wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Done deal with his assistants will be announced tomorrow. Garde and staff were at BMH today.

The assistants from Lyon??
Yep mate
NARLA24
NARLA24

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by gdav Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:59 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
gdav wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Done deal with his assistants will be announced tomorrow. Garde and staff were at BMH today.

Yep mate

The dream team.
gdav
gdav

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:04 pm

I see Houllier put in a good word about how marvellous we all are - which is nice because I was under the impression he left under a cloud.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:05 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:looks like its firming up then, Laughing
All done mate

Remi Garde CONFIRMED here first. Laughing at You
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:05 pm

The assistants from Lyon - great name for a band, maybe if things don't work out at AVFC !
smetro
smetro

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 pm

The Telegraph say his Lyon assistants are still tied up...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Getting a foreign manager who has never managed here before is a big gamble with our Premier League status.

At least he will have his chosen assistants think that was one of the problems with Sherwood was that he didn't get his. And hopefully this bloke won't be as tactically inept so he's two steps ahead of his predecessor.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:The Telegraph say his Lyon assistants are still tied up...

I think so too. That's why we signed up that other fella (Reginald Ray?) surely? Oh well, we'll find out if NARLA is correct or a liar tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 pm

The first step of getting a manager in with his preferred team, so well done!

Now the hard work starts and the best of luck Remi, you are going to need every bit!

Massive gamble but it is a last throw of the dice by Lerner and Fox, hope its a good one!

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:30 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Getting a foreign manager who has never managed here before is a big gamble with our Premier League status.

At least he will have his chosen assistants think that was one of the problems with Sherwood was that he didn't get his. And hopefully this bloke won't be as tactically inept so he's two steps ahead of his predecessor.

I'd agree on that if our key players were traditional premier league players. But they're not. We don't have Kevin Davies, Kevin Nolan, Zat Knight or Collins. We got Ayew, Veretout, Gil, Gana. The first line might be better off with Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes or ANY British manager with Premier League experience, but I suspect the second line isn't. It's not just the language, it's a cultural thing.

Anyway we'll see. It's gonna take a slight miracle to keep us up anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:The Telegraph say his Lyon assistants are still tied up...

I think so too. That's why we signed up that other fella (Reginald Ray?) surely? Oh well, we'll find out if NARLA is correct or a liar tomorrow.

I think Narla has good sources. Nobody likes to be called a liar.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Terry Derry wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I don't think Joppe meant it like that, as I think everybody really appreciates Narla's information, which seems to have sound sources!
achilles
achilles

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:54 pm

achilles wrote:
Terry Derry wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I don't think Joppe meant it like that, as I think everybody really appreciates Narla's information, which seems to have sound sources!  

I agree,having read it again.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Good news if sorted - happy with the option (given the range of other options).

I wish the press would stop claiming that Remi knows the Prem just because he played a few games for Arsenal back in the day. I've taken the Exeter to Bristol train on many occasions but it doesn't mean that if it broke down I'd know how to fix the fucker.

I'd rather see him as someone new, fresh, with a different approach to previous recent managers. God knows we could do with something different.

Good luck Remi, if you get some quick wins, you'll find Villa fertile ground, because by Christ are we all desperate for change.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 pm

gdav wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
gdav wrote:

Yep mate

The dream team.

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 A70-1888
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:22 pm

De Kuip wrote:Good news if sorted - happy with the option (given the range of other options).

I wish the press would stop claiming that Remi knows the Prem just because he played a few games for Arsenal back in the day. I've taken the Exeter to Bristol train on many occasions but it doesn't mean that if it broke down I'd know how to fix the fucker.

I'd rather see him as someone new, fresh, with a different approach to previous recent managers. God knows we could do with something different.

Good luck Remi, if you get some quick wins, you'll find Villa fertile ground, because by Christ are we all desperate for change.

Totally agree. We could have tried for some of the same carp like we have the last 5 managers. Or we ,would be brave. I don't remember Southampton needing a prem manager when they got koemmann
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Klopp's got no prem experience either, that hasn't stopped the media surgically attaching their tongues to his rectum.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:08 am

Good stuff, I'm behind him until he gives me reason not to be. Let's hope this signing works and he's been promised a nice large shining pile of gold for the January window.

Just had a boy on Friday morning btw, George. His mother was in labour for 33 hours and didn't once complain about the pain until we persuaded her she needed an epidural! It got worse though, but she was amazing and I'm still in shock from it all. I'm obviously a very proud dad and husband, and hopefully they will come home tomorrow and he can watch his first Villa match on the telly.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 am

Remi will be ladies choice. We should market to this and get rid of all the fugly players and only hire handsome men.

The crowd will then flood with women and you lot won't care a fuck about the score any more.

If I was Lerner, this would be my aim to quell any negativity*

* Hey! It's a plan. It's not a good one but it's better than anything Lerner has come up with.
Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:30 am

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 Screen29
Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:01 am

NARLA24 wrote:
gdav wrote:

Yep mate

Any update on this mate? Everywhere I'm reading says the deal for his preferred two staff has fallen through.
villan007

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:30 am

FoxyAV wrote:Good stuff, I'm behind him until he gives me reason not to be. Let's hope this signing works and he's been promised a nice large shining pile of gold for the January window.

Just had a boy on Friday morning btw, George. His mother was in labour for 33 hours and didn't once complain about the pain until we persuaded her she needed an epidural! It got worse though, but she was amazing and I'm still in shock from it all. I'm obviously a very proud dad and husband, and hopefully they will come home tomorrow and he can watch his first Villa match on the telly.

Huge congratulations to you, your wife and little George! Welcome to your new life. I became a dad for the first time 15 months ago to a wonderful little girl, Ellie. It's like bringing Messi on, a genuine game changer :). Fantastic news well done, especially to your wife. Let's face it you and George just showed up, perhaps you should have called him Gabby? :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:02 am

thegaffer6 wrote:Klopp's got no prem experience either, that hasn't stopped the media surgically attaching their tongues to his rectum.

Prem experience doesn't count for much n my opinion. Always a lot of luck involved.
Look at mourinho's experience, not counting for much this season.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:54 am

villan007 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
gdav wrote:

Yep mate

Any update on this mate? Everywhere I'm reading says the deal for his preferred two staff has fallen through.
All was well yesterday afternoon mate. If the deal for his assistants has gone pear shaped then something extraordinary has happened. I will have a sniff around and see if i can get some info.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 am

Didn't take long. Garde will be announced officialy today along side his "Prefered" assistants. Now what "Prefered" means is open to question i suppose. But as far as i have been messaged it is his guys from his time at Lyon. We will have to wait for conformation of this later today i suppose peeps.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next