The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  Empty Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Would pretty much be a disaster IMO. Only managed Lyon for 3 seasons in total - but had been at the club many years before he took the managers job. Coming to club he doesn't know, in the midst of the mother of all relegation battles - well its blatantly obvious he would fail - perhaps almost as badly as Sherwood.

I don't even think the muppets at our club are that stupid...
smetro
smetro

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by FoxyAV Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Beggars can't be choosers.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:44 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Beggars can't be choosers.

True - but Sunderland and Albion shouldn't be able lure better managers than Aston Villa.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Whoever we appoint will get my backing 100%....as always...until such time that he doesn't deserve it.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm

I agree that it doesn't seem fair to be negative about a new manager before he even takes the reins but......

Let's be totally realistic here - he is on a hiding to nothing. He will be the proverbial rabbit in the headlights - he knows less about the PL and relegation battles than Sherwood does.

It will be a bloodbath.

Having said that I agree that we should all get behind him and I'll do my bit but I will be watching through my fingers. This is going to be brutal.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:54 pm

smetro wrote:

True - but Sunderland and Albion shouldn't be able lure better managers than Aston Villa.

And yet we operate at the bargain basement end of the league. If Sherwood is to be believed, he was hired by the board to keep us out of the relegation zone, no more. £50million or so should have been ample had we had a manager with basic knowledge of team selection, tactics and substitutions, even without Adebayor signing. I have a feeling we need a competent manager, able to work with the players we have, and we should be able to find one out of the small number of managers available to us. We're probably fucked anyway, I doubt anyone has any confidence in the board getting anything right, and there isn't a large pool of available managers who'd take on our team, board and managers.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:59 pm

smetro wrote:

On what planet is Sam Allardyce or Pulis a better manager than Garde? Garde was strongly linked with Arsenal. He's coached and managed a big club in Lyon for a long long time. He's from every source I've looked at considered highly rated in Europe. He's won the league twice as a coach under Houllier, and two other trophies as a manager there and pulled them into Europe.

I like the idea of Garde. Seems like a well thought out option and probably one of the better most high profile managers we could hope for.

People have this fucking idea that getting in a shit boring English or Scottish manager that has managed relegation battles before would make us a much better team. Take Allardyce as an example, he wants to work with Cattermole. With Kevin Davies. With Nolan. On what planet do you think he would work miracles with Ayew and Gil?

Now people may dislike the idea of Garde managing us, but the quote above is just bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Not even our manager and already getting slated. THAT is a joke
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Didn't Southampton fans say the same about Mauricio Pochettino?? Thought that turned out to be a good move didn't it??
Back the manager we have more hope now than we did last week.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:17 pm

I reckon the highest sales of Prozac in the UK must be in the West Midlands. Rolling Eyes

Welcome Remi and good luck my friend Scarf Waving
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:18 pm

You don't need Premier League experience to succeed here. Football around the world is still played on the same sized pitch, with two 11 man teams, with the same sized ball, and with two 45 minute halfs. Having managed a team in England before doesn't mean they're more likely to succeed than someone who managed in France, Germany, Canada, or Argentina. The reason shit British managers still find jobs time and time again, failure after failure, is because of this myth that you need "Premier League Experience" in order to win games in this league. Before Pulis's stint at Palace and Fat Sam's last season at West Ham, none of us would have touched them with a 10 foot pole. Everyone has forgotten how boring and ancient Stoke were under Pulis? What about EVERY team Fat Sam ever managed? Anyone remember what a disaster his short reign at Newcastle was? NOBODY is a sure thing, and those guys are both far from one.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Joppe84 wrote:On what planet is Sam Allardyce or Pulis a better manager than Garde? Garde was strongly linked with Arsenal. He's coached and managed a big club in Lyon for a long long time. He's from every source I've looked at considered highly rated in Europe. He's won the league twice as a coach under Houllier, and two other trophies as a manager there and pulled them into Europe.

I like the idea of Garde. Seems like a well thought out option and probably one of the better most high profile managers we could hope for.

People have this fucking idea that getting in a shit boring English or Scottish manager that has managed relegation battles before would make us a much better team. Take Allardyce as an example, he wants to work with Cattermole. With Kevin Davies. With Nolan. On what planet do you think he would work miracles with Ayew and Gil?

Now people may dislike the idea of Garde managing us, but the quote above is just bullshit.

This ^^^ is spot on, as i said on the Sherwood thread, we may be getting a manager here who can bring in an actual style and footballing philosophy rather than the shambles we have been putting up with for the past 5 seasons.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:

On what planet is Sam Allardyce or Pulis a better manager than Garde? Garde was strongly linked with Arsenal. He's coached and managed a big club in Lyon for a long long time. He's from every source I've looked at considered highly rated in Europe. He's won the league twice as a coach under Houllier, and two other trophies as a manager there and pulled them into Europe.

You think Garde is more like to steer us away from relegation than Big Sam ?

I take your point about Big Sams style yes - but grinding results at the foot of the table - I don't think there are many better than Big Sam.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Pulis and Fat Sam's current jobs will both eventually end in tears because that has followed them both throughout their careers in the Premier League and they are both incapable of changing their philosophy and management.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Born Under The Holte End wrote: Pulis and Fat Sam's current jobs will both eventually end in {MID TABLE} tears because that has followed them both throughout their careers in the Premier League and they are both incapable of changing their philosophy and management.

A CHEEKY EDIT
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Not even our manager and already getting slated. THAT is a joke

Some will always find faults, I’m sure someone said big Sam was the saviour!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:

a few people are reporting betting suspended on Garde ......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:

In all fairness, I'd have taken Fat Sam. Purely as a short term fix as I can't see us recovering if we went down and he could keep us up until sold. But that isn't happening. And we might as well take a punt on a foreign manager who could bring new ideas than plump for someone like Pearson

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:

In all fairness, I'd have taken Fat Sam. Purely as a short term fix as I can't see us recovering if we went down and he could keep us up until sold. But that isn't happening. And we might as well take a punt on a foreign manager who could bring new ideas that plump for someone like Pearson

You never know Dan, Ellis pissed about with yes men, and deprived them of funds, relegation and a good talking to from Graham Taylor set him straight. He might also just cut his losses and sell just to be rid of us.
Im pretty much resigned to the drop.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:23 pm

With 28 games left to play, a new manager and new backroom staff coming in and a transfer window people are already writing us off as relegated ? Jesus Villa can really pummel the optimism out of you.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:40 pm

bruka wrote:With 28 games left to play, a new manager and new backroom staff coming in and a transfer window people are already writing us off as relegated ? Jesus Villa can really pummel the optimism out of you.

Only two teams with so few points after this amount of games have survived.
Weve been down there so long now (4 or 5 seasons ?) sooner or later it will get us
Throughout all those troubled seasons, I don't think we have been so many points adrift as we are now......

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:55 pm

smetro wrote:
bruka wrote:With 28 games left to play, a new manager and new backroom staff coming in and a transfer window people are already writing us off as relegated ? Jesus Villa can really pummel the optimism out of you.

Only two teams with so few points after this amount of games have survived.
Weve been down there so long now (4 or 5 seasons ?) sooner or later it will get us
Throughout all those troubled seasons, I don't think we have been so many points adrift as we are now......

The contenders for the drop are beginning to sink to the foot of the table now. Newcastle and Sunderland are around and about us, so if we can just beat their results by a few points, then we can finish above them. Bournemouth and Norwich are sinking fast and eminently catchable for us. It's not impossible just yet and a new manager will hopefully get us picking up points quickly to help us outdo these teams.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:56 pm

I honestly thought we were relegated last season, so who knows. We just need 2 victories and we are in contact with most of the other relegation sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I honestly thought we were relegated last season, so who knows. We just need 2 victories and we are in contact with most of the other relegation sides.

Yes - but we find those victories so hard to come by. Sherwood only needed 1 victory to save his job - but couldn't get it.

So only two victories is actually quite a tall order -

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Oh I know. But we thought the same before Sherwood got the job last season. Under Lambert we couldn't get a goal, a victory was pie in the sky stuff. But we made it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next