The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Veretout.

+29
EbeneezerGoode
ViewFromT2
villajk
KMitch
Jae1411
VillaBill
Trotters
Con
avfc forever
bazzah
Villa Ranger
aberdarevilla
smetro
The Utterer
Cha Ching
AdTeClamamus
Stratfordvilla
VTID85
hawk190601
NARLA24
Chrissylee1111
Gordonsleftboot
danclare82
johnny noodles
Wigteke
Keyser Soze
4BetLite
Dgrizzle7
villabromsgrove
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 Empty Re: Jordan Veretout.

Post by Con Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

féliré wrote:I'm féliré and I come from Nantes, France. First, sorry for my english, I was sleeping during english lessons (Google traduction is my friend...). I support FC Nantes since I was kid but I started to follow Aston Villa about 10 years ago by dint of Stan Petrov.

About Veretout. He really can become a top player for the team when he will manage to appreciate physical dimension of the Premier League. It probably takes few matches more, but after that, he could show the extent of his whole talent. He's a box-to-box midfielder.

His strengths : Stamina, accurate short and long pass, he can score, he's a playmaker and he's really valuable in defensive work.
His weakness : I think he is a little bit shy and he doesn't appreciate what he can do.

In case of Remi Garde will be the next manager of the club, he could be a real chance for Jordan to acclimate faste because Garde knows BPL and he knows also how Veretout could bring to the team. When he used to manage Lyon, Garde's team was playing in 4-1-2-1-2 and I think this tactic would be good for Villa. Something like that :

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 1357980_Aston_Villa

Garde is a good manager and he's really inclined to trust in young players, what he does with Fékir or Lacazette (I don't know if you know them but they are top players who play for french selection).

Sorry for my english once more and if I write like a child (I'm 28...).

I could understand you very well. Great post!

Your team selection also looks good but maybe Gary Gardner should be given a chance instead of Westwood.
Con
Con

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 pm

I've never seen Gardner playing and Westwood is a good player in my opinion.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:53 am

MacDonald: My views on Veretout

31st Oct 2015

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 0,,10265~14086956,00

Kevin MacDonald has hailed Jordan Veretout's glorious vision on the football - but urged the summer recruit to start imposing himself more.

MacDonald revealed that Veretout's impact has been somewhat subdued in claret and blue so far because of "little niggles" which have hampered his progress.

But the caretaker boss has been heartened by the 22-year-old's performances in training this past week.

MacDonald has backed the midfielder to come good and thinks it's only a matter of time before supporters start seeing the best of him.

He said: "Jordan is a wonderful passer of the ball.

"But he keeps picking up little niggles. It's not bad enough he can't play or train but I think that might be affecting him a bit.

"He also has a young family - his wife has just had a baby.

"He started off wonderfully and had a little dip but watching him in training these last few days I think he is coming back again.

"He will get better. And he is looking to impose himself in training games.

"Now he has to do that over a period of time. If he does that, he will be a very, very good player."

MacDonald believes Veretout can be an artist in the middle of the park for Villa in the coming years.

He wants the Frenchman to have the same impact in games as Tottenham legend Glenn Hoddle.

He added: "I want to see him creating more chances with his passing.

"It's not necessarily about being further up the pitch. Glenn Hoddle didn't have to run up and down the pitch. But he was the most wonderful passer this country had in a long, long time.

"It's not about being a holding midfielder or an attacking midfielder - Jordan needs to be a midfielder who gets on the ball more than anybody else in the team."
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:You're looking at him in entirely the wrong way. His job isn't to move with the ball, he's a Defensive midfielder. Breaks up play, wins the ball, hands it off simply. Makelele, but not as good.

You see the problem with this Dan is the fact that he doesn't win a lot of balls, and he tends to lose them in dangerous territory when he does. He's just a bad DM.

NRC wasn't really rated of Villa fans, but he was a 250 x better DM then Sanchez ever will be, which is slightly funny considering he was an even better box2box player

Kinda tells the state of the squad I guess.

Anyway, we all have an opinion.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:53 pm

féliré wrote:Sanchez is not very good. He seems like if he was scared to run with the ball, when he get it, he stops and he gives the ball to his closer teammate.
He's a good defender but he's not very smart on the pitch. It's crippling for the team...

You are right about Sanchez, he gets in the way of the opposition & wins the ball consistently, only to promptly give them ball back time after time, the bloke is a liability, IMO this is where a lot of our problems stem from, Sanchez & Westwood shouldn't be in our first XI, its time for Veretout & Gana to step up, unfortunately none of our imports from France look like they are fit enough to last 90minutes.

Gana was "hiding" for the last 20minutes against Swansea, we could see he was knackered from the stands, Sherwood could not, the winning goal came from Gana being out of position, perhaps the new fitness coach will get them up to speed.
VillaBill
VillaBill

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Sanchez isn't being used properly by us and this is why he looks poor sometimes, watch him play for Colombia and you'll see him used to his strengths, he doesn't "win the ball" or create attacks he is an absolutely outstanding man marker. Colombia stick him to a man and he keeps them out the game. Not by tackling etc but by just taking that player out of the game. Watch him against Argentina and brazil. He kept messi and neymar nullified entirely for 90 minutes. His job for them is not to influence the game but just make sure the opposition's best player doesn't.
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Right on Bill, and that's why we need to play 3 in the middle. If we don't we don't have the legs.

Westwood isn't exactly Franz Beckenbauer, but he's slightly underrated of Villa fans. He crushes Sanchez for instance on every single stat, except one tackle stat, and he is better on intercepted passes.

I'd say we we try and run 3 different 3 centre midfields.  Depending on home or away and opponent. Then we just bring on whatever CM we got on the bench around 65-75 minutes.

either:

Westwood
Gana                                                 Veretout

or

Sanchez
Gana                                                Veretout

or

Veretout Gana Grealish

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Veretout is our summer signing I'm most excited to see play under Garde. He has flashes of Jimmy Milner about him, from his brief appearances so far for us.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 Empty if you play westwood you no nothing about midfield hes so poor

Post by villajk Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Right on Bill, and that's why we need to play 3 in the middle. If we don't we don't have the legs.

Westwood isn't exactly Franz Beckenbauer, but he's slightly underrated of Villa fans. He crushes Sanchez for instance on every single stat, except one tackle stat, and he is better on intercepted passes.

I'd say we we try and run 3 different 3 centre midfields.  Depending on home or away and opponent. Then we just bring on whatever CM we got on the bench around 65-75 minutes.

either:

Westwood
Gana                                                 Veretout

or

Sanchez
Gana                                                Veretout

or

Veretout Gana Grealish
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:54 pm

I personally don't see Grealish in any "best XI" going forward, whatever formation we go for, I am surprised people still include him to be honest.
I think 4-2-3-1 will suit us at the moment, with Carles Gil being pivotal to the side, something like:

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 Team10

Traore is a huge gamble, but I think his raw pace and unpredictability may give us something more going forward.
Ayew needs a run in his best position, I really hope (and expect) Garde will play him through the middle. He has shown enough recently to warrant a start in this side, Gestede is plan B....if we ever get any crossing ability in the squad.

Hutton will have to continue at right back until we find something better. We are all hoping Ilori could be that improvement sooner rather than later.

If Garde can keep us in touch until January then I'm certain we will spend what is needed to keep us up. A goalkeeper and aa striker would be my priority signings.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:I personally don't see Grealish in any "best XI" going forward, whatever formation we go for, I am surprised people still include him to be honest.

+1. Do not see him and Gil in the same team and I would always give Gil the nod. He is such a little magician.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Gil > Grealish at the moment but in the future playing them both behind a mobile striker would be lovely to see.

Back on topic though, Veretout is a quality midfielder for me who keeps the ball moving yet never looks rushed. Could be a big big player if Garde can get him going
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:29 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 Team10

Richards plays on the right and is doing an excellent job there, so should stay on the right. Whenever Clark has played on the right it's been a disaster. Play Clark on the left instead of Lescott. If it's not working, we have Crespo or even Lescott, and the January window is not far away (or Senderos comes back in). Sadly Okore plays on the right too, but at least we have him as cover if Richards gets injured or banned for a game, oh...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Jordan Veretout. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:28 am

I see people going for that tactic above, but the problem with it that people need to understand is that we need a three man central midfield, either three flat or an anchor, to avoid being overrun. We've seen this happen Severin times this season. Most notably against Leicester

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:36 am

Joppe84 wrote:I see people going for that tactic above, but the problem with it that people need to understand is that we need a three man central midfield, either three flat or an anchor, to avoid being overrun. We've seen this happen Severin times this season. Most notably against Leicester

We were two-nil up against Leicester though, and that's when Sherwood should have packed out the midfield.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:41 am

This is still my preferred starting line up. I think it suits our players best, allows for smart attacking play with enough pace to counter attack, Gil picking passes and roaming, Gueye and Veretout will be our best midfielders so play them together. This also means we have (IMO) a strong bench which includes Gestede who I know is marmite but can do a job if an aerial threat is going to be more effective than one on the deck, Traore can easily come in for Gil and it can be stretched in to a 433, Grealish can come on for Gil if needed, Westwood can act as cover for literally any of Sanchez, Gueye or Veretout
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:14 am

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I see people going for that tactic above, but the problem with it that people need to understand is that we need a three man central midfield, either three flat or an anchor, to avoid being overrun. We've seen this happen Severin times this season. Most notably against Leicester

We were two-nil up against Leicester though, and that's when Sherwood should have packed out the midfield.

Exactly. The two man midfield managed about 45 minutes of premier league football before getting too tired

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 am

Ha ha ha ha ha!

http://eplindex.com/72945/five-worst-premier-league-signings-summer.html

What a load of complete and utter bollocks.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:43 am

Rolling Eyes

How they could judge news recruits after only two and a half months...
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3