The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Where do you think we'll finish?

+22
NZVillan
4BetLite
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Thinman
achilles
big ming
Mr_Spadge
GadgetMan
thegaffer6
Leafs1201
Saunders82
gaffer85
ejs1111
The Utterer
jeffvilla
smetro
kimbo
avfc forever
Villa_Dan
avfc85
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where do you think we'll finish?

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap34%Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 34% 
[ 30 ]
Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 33 ]
Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 88

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you think we'll finish?

Post by ejs1111 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm

I voted 9-12. I can see us being top10. I'm an optimist- TS and co. have been shrewd so far this window and have brought in several players that are better quality than what we shipped out.

Sinclair is an improvement over AW, GA, and frankly NZog too. Not a big jump- but a slight improvement over all 3.
Richards is an improvement over Lowton, and better 'potential' than Vlaar. Currently not better than Vlaar, but young and can certainly improve like Clark has!
Gana is an improvement over the squad players at MF, and 'potential' to be better or equal to Cleverly.
Kozak returning is an improvement over GA and AW in my opinion, he just has a better goal rate- and thats all that matters to me for striker. Kozak is 1/4, AW is 1/6, GA is a bit better than 1/5
ejs1111
ejs1111

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you think we'll finish?

Post by ejs1111 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:13 pm

I fully expect us to sign at least 2 more players. We are clearly targeting LB/AM/ST. The AM could be a winger fyi.

Look at the numerous links:
LB Amavi
LB Ludwig
AM Praet
W Townsend
CM Darder
ST too many to list. lol

if we get 2-3 of the links- our squad will easily be talented enough for top10.
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:30 pm

kimbo wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I've tried putting together a first 11 and it's not very impressive. As it stands now, Sherwood will have to work the oracle this season and get us to perform collectively above our individual ability.
I've said this to you before though bud, you keep talking like this is the final squad.

Yes there is work to do and I'm sure some of it will probably happen after the first game, maybe even on September 1st, but come the evening of the first day of September at the latest, there will be more incomings and likely more outgoings.

Sherwood may well do a horrible job. But Paul Lambert was the worst manager in our history. OUR ENTIRE HISTORY SINCE 1874! He did a disgusting, embarrassing, cowardly, bizarre job, to the point where it was almost like a recurring Harry Enfield sketch.

I just don't get this marooned and doomed kind of thinking before we even know who is going to be playing for us next season, I really don't.

I can't argue with that - put everything aside and Lambert broke every bad record you can think of, he approached every game fearful rather than fearless.
avfc85
avfc85

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 pm

avfc85 wrote:
kimbo wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I've tried putting together a first 11 and it's not very impressive. As it stands now, Sherwood will have to work the oracle this season and get us to perform collectively above our individual ability.
I've said this to you before though bud, you keep talking like this is the final squad.

Yes there is work to do and I'm sure some of it will probably happen after the first game, maybe even on September 1st, but come the evening of the first day of September at the latest, there will be more incomings and likely more outgoings.

Sherwood may well do a horrible job. But Paul Lambert was the worst manager in our history. OUR ENTIRE HISTORY SINCE 1874! He did a disgusting, embarrassing, cowardly, bizarre job, to the point where it was almost like a recurring Harry Enfield sketch.

I just don't get this marooned and doomed kind of thinking before we even know who is going to be playing for us next season, I really don't.

I can't argue with that - put everything aside and Lambert broke every bad record you can think of, he approached every game fearful rather than fearless.[/quote

Avfc85 that last line is why I can't see us finishing below 12th, I actually think we'll finish 8th
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Just a thought  .... if we sell Benteke soon (which most of us think is likely) how many goals do we currently have in our team?

Agbonlahor was out of favour with Sherwood at the end of last season, but surely he would have to start against Bournemouth.

He would need to because he's our only remaining player who scored more than one goal last season if Benteke goes! Astounding isn't it!

Check the stats and then tell me that all's well. I know we will try to sign players in the next three weeks, but the facts as they stand make damning reading.

Gabby 6 goals

Cole 1 goal

Sinclair 1 goal

Sanchez 1 goal

Hutton 1 goal

Clark 1 goal

Okore 1 goal.
villabromsgrove

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:03 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Just a thought  .... if we sell Benteke soon (which most of us think is likely) how many goals do we currently have in our team?

Agbonlahor was out of favour with Sherwood at the end of last season, but surely he would have to start against Bournemouth.

He would need to because he's our only remaining player who scored more than one goal last season if Benteke goes! Astounding isn't it!

Check the stats and then tell me that all's well. I know we will try to sign players in the next three weeks, but the facts as they stand make damning reading.

Gabby 6 goals

Cole 1 goal

Sinclair 1 goal

Sanchez 1 goal

Hutton 1 goal

Clark 1 goal

Okore 1 goal.

Doesn't make good reading but we will either have benteke or his replacement by then hopefully the former and if the pictures of training are anything to go by he looks quiet happy so you never know,
As with delph the media who love all there darling clubs just presumed it was a done deal once the clause was met, but we all know what happened next let's hope delph has started a trend
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:29 pm

smetro wrote:If you can keep calm and predict a top half finish - when all around you are loosing there heads and panicking..................You probably haven't understood the gravity of the situation !!!!

Brilliant, that sums it up nicely. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:57 pm

I have started with an 18th to 20th prediction with the assumption we lose Benteke of course. If we keep Benteke then i would go with 13th to 16th as things stand however i will revise that each time we sign a new player or indeed if one leaves.

It's looking like a big year for Robinson too who i assume will be looked at to step up & fill Weimanns spot. If he comes good and we keep hold of Benteke plus sign a few we could have a much better year but it's all ifs, buts & maybes at the mo.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:36 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Just a thought  .... if we sell Benteke soon (which most of us think is likely) how many goals do we currently have in our team?

Gabby 6 goals

Cole 1 goal

Sinclair 1 goal

Sanchez 1 goal

Hutton 1 goal

Clark 1 goal

Okore 1 goal.
We will also likely change the way we play, which could help spread the goals.
kimbo
kimbo

Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Must admit it scares me that we are selling off experienced PL players, and signing talent with zero experience from English football. Then add a manager with zero experience and known for overly naive attacking tactics.

If we want to survive this season we have to invest £ 40-50 million. No doubt about it. We have lost our entire spine in Vlaar, Delph and Tekkers (well we know he will go).

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:25 pm

18th-20th for me and to be more precise 20th.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 pm

As it stands with
Given
Cleverley
Fibian Delph
Benteke
Bent
Weimann
Stevens
Luna
Sylla
Vlaar
And whoever else i've missed having left compared to
Richards
Gueye
Amavi
Bunn

inbound

You would have to say relegation certainties.

Yes the infastructure "appears" to be improved but the team is far weaker & currently has no spine which is always, without exception a recipe for disaster.

Ok we have Kozak, Gardner, Gil & Senderos available again so that repairs a little bit of damage but i see it like this
GK: Guzan, Bunn
RB: Bacuna, Richards, Hutton
LB: Amavi, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho.
CD: Senderos, Clark, Okore, Richards, Baker.
RM: Nozgbia,
LM: Sinclair,
DM: Westwood, Sanchez,
AM: Cole, Gil, Grealish.
CM: Gueye?
ST: Kozak, Gabby, Robinson?

That looks desperately weak in attack to me. We have a few options in midfield but defence looks kind of fragile too especially with the injury proneness of the likes of Senderos, Baker etc

We also look overloaded at LB so you would assume it's gonna be the end for Cissokho as rumoured?

I don't think it's a coincidence that in two preseason games against poor teams we have scored 1 & conceded 3...Our attack is shocking at the moment.

To be in with a chance this season i feel we need

2 Strikers who will be able to replace the goals from Benteke & Weimann which is what? 25 minimum to tread water but more like 30 to 35 if we are to progress, unless the midfield start to score for a change of course. Ok Kozak may get a few but even so

I also think we need a new Leader, Yes Richards is a strong character but we have lost 2 captains in Vlaar and Delph and i think we lack leadership badly.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:58 pm

The Utterer wrote:As it stands with
Given
Cleverley
Fibian Delph
Benteke
Bent
Weimann
Stevens
Luna
Sylla
Vlaar
And whoever else i've missed having left compared to
Richards
Gueye
Amavi
Bunn

inbound

You would have to say relegation certainties.

Yes the infastructure "appears" to be improved but the team is far weaker & currently has no spine which is always, without exception a recipe for disaster.

Ok we have Kozak, Gardner, Gil & Senderos available again so that repairs a little bit of damage but i see it like this
GK: Guzan, Bunn
RB: Bacuna, Richards, Hutton
LB: Amavi, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho.
CD: Senderos, Clark, Okore, Richards, Baker.
RM: Nozgbia,
LM: Sinclair,
DM: Westwood, Sanchez,
AM: Cole, Gil, Grealish.
CM: Gueye?
ST: Kozak, Gabby, Robinson?

That looks desperately weak in attack to me. We have a few options in midfield but defence looks kind of fragile too especially with the injury proneness of the likes of Senderos, Baker etc

We also look overloaded at LB so you would assume it's gonna be the end for Cissokho as rumoured?

I don't think it's a coincidence that in two preseason games against poor teams we have scored 1 & conceded 3...Our attack is shocking at the moment.

To be in with a chance this season i feel we need

2 Strikers who will be able to replace the goals from Benteke & Weimann which is what? 25 minimum to tread water but more like 30 to 35 if we are to progress, unless the midfield start to score for a change of course. Ok Kozak may get a few but even so

I also think we need a new Leader, Yes Richards is a strong character but we have lost 2 captains in Vlaar and Delph and i think we lack leadership badly.

I have the same worry and it's my biggest with Benteke going, we have to replace the goals, Gueye and Gill from Midfield look like they have an eye for goal but how many are they going to realistically score, we really need a couple of out and out goal scorers, even in that game against Braga, Gabby gets in the right position but just doesn't have the composure to score really poor.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 pm

Until Villa show me the men who are going to score the goals to keep us up, I'll stick with my bottom three prediction.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Until Villa show me the men who are going to score the goals to keep us up, I'll stick with my bottom three prediction.

Robinson Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 498107619
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:09 pm

On Paddy Power we are their 2nd favourites for the drop behind Norwich and level with Bournmouth. Thye give us a 42.1% chance of relegation stating it's very common for teams which finished 17th the previous season to go the following year 8/19 times it's happened here's the thing though...

That team that finished 17th has now lost
Weimann
Cleverley
Delph
Vlaar
Benteke (99% certain)
Also Bent a very able deputy has gone

Which were basically 5 of our best 11

The replacements are either iffy or untried and have to adapt/learn about the Premier League

Richards (Unknown as a central defender but has iffy reports from Italy)
Gueye ??
Amavi??
Bunn (Not 1st choice so minimal impact)

You can definately see why we are favourites to go down :shock:

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm

They're talking about us tonight on Talksport. Not just relegation candidates, but certainties.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:38 pm

The Utterer wrote:On Paddy Power we are their 2nd favourites for the drop behind Norwich and level with Bournmouth. Thye give us a 42.1% chance of relegation stating it's very common for teams which finished 17th the previous season to go the following year 8/19 times it's happened here's the thing though...

That team that finished 17th has now lost
Weimann
Cleverley
Delph
Vlaar
Benteke (99% certain)
Also Bent a very able deputy has gone

Which were basically 5 of our best 11

The replacements are either iffy or untried and have to adapt/learn about the Premier League

Richards (Unknown as a central defender but has iffy reports from Italy)
Gueye ??
Amavi??
Bunn (Not 1st choice so minimal impact)

You can definately see why we are favourites to go down  :shock:

My problem is it's only the 20th of July the window shuts 1st of September so for fans and idiots like Talksport to be talking about us as certainties is pretty stupid lets just wait and see what Sherwood signs. It is extremely like more players are going to go out and the same with players coming in.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Remember everyone saying Southampton where down this time last season? Ha me too!

3 weerks until the season starts, longert until the window actually closes, we have loads of time to get our squad sorted (in an ideal it would be done now, but we don't live in an ideal world) I see two new strikers coming in (15 a pair outscores Benteke) An increased amount of goals throughout the side anyway, due to style of play and signings. We're not there yet, but that is what PRE-Season is for, to get there.

We'll be fine and between 9-12th Even more so now Talksport have us down as certainties for relegation. Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Southampton last season is what is giving me hope. I predicted they'd struggle but the signings they made were great.

So far our signings are good but we need to make more of a similar standard
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Southampton last season is what is giving me hope. I predicted they'd struggle but the signings they made were great.

Still nothing we can bank on at the pointy end though Dan.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Southampton last season is what is giving me hope. I predicted they'd struggle but the signings they made were great.

Still nothing we can bank on at the pointy end though Dan.

That's why I said we need more signings of a similar standard. Richards, Amavi, Gueye are all quality or at least very highly rated. Sign similar up top and we'll have a decent chance of it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:19 pm

4 reasons for hope:

1 - Lambert was the worst Aston Villa manager EVER. (Fact - thanks Kimbo)

2 - We have finally made a massive step in shipping out Dross. Only 2 players going through the 'OUT'doors had any impact last season, and 2 players do not make a team.

3 - We're buying players for real money. Amavi, Gana, Richards are proper signings, not £1m random punts. Plus Gil and Sinclair and Kozak didn't get much of a go last season, but have a part to play. I think we have the spine of a serious midfield now

4 - the season hasn't started yet. We will need more firepower, (much more) but we have time to buy, and funds as well.

So, I'm ever optimistic. (Voted 9-12th)

Snake is fully replaceable, and we've already clearly bought our replacement. I hope Gana is as good as he looks.

Benteke was a beast, but I'm expecting a totally different level of service from Gil, Sinclair, Grealish and Gana than I ever saw from Gabby, Weiman and Westwood & Zog in a 4-3-3.

I think we need a striker who is composed, but with the midfield Sherwood has assembled, we will not need someone who is as instrumental and a stand-alone threat.

UTV

:)
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:17 pm

""Snake is fully replaceable, and we've already clearly bought our replacement. I hope Gana is as good as he looks.""

Don't think he is Delphs replacement though as he has said he has been told he will be on the right of a midfield 3 so more like Cleverleys replacement if anything.... I'd say the Snake still has to be replaced.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Lets face it under Lamberk, it was hoof it to the beast and hope for the best, under Sherwood at least we saw  glimpse of what we could do, the cityeeee game for example, we need to change and we need to get good. Not just hope we get it to Tekkers. We cannot have another season like the last 3, or we will be regulated for sure. Where do you think we'll finish? - Page 2 1375627042 🤦
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next