The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

+46
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
Alf T
Dgrizzle7
Stratfordvilla
bruka
tonyp
Con
EbeneezerGoode
féliré
4BetLite
Thinman
KMitch
ViewFromT2
worcesterkev
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
jeffvilla
The Utterer
villajk
ember
Synopsis
WendyOz
Villa_Dan
Terry Derry
gdav
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
avfc85
The Great white walnut
VTID85
AntJac
bazzah
Jamie Gray
Cha Ching
andrew24561
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
avfc forever
VillaBill
South London Villan
GadgetMan
kimbo
50 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:56 am

Can't remember that at all.

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by achilles Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:35 am

Villa_Dan wrote:He showed against West Ham and Liverpool last season that he has the ability to get at opposition players and the vision to create something. It isn't an issue of talent but one of mindset and application IMO

Totally agree! Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:54 pm

I'd love to be shown a GIF or clip of him moving past any west ham or liverpool players, cause Grealish has zero pace and very little ability to beat a player 1 on 1, so I simply don't believe it.

He's decent at passing and spotting runs, but that's about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Did you watch the game against West Ham or the semi final against Liverpool? Because if not that would explain why you missed them...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

On loan at Notts County:

Liverpool semi-final:

achilles
achilles

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Ok I just watched that clip against Liverpool, and I have no idea what you guys are on about. That video just confirms what I'm saying. He never ONCE beat his man with flair and pace, the closest bit was 4:40, but even then he passed backwards/sideways.
And passing backwards was mostly what he did in that video. He gets the ball on the wing, takes three strides forward, three strides back and passes the ball back or sideways. He simply doesn't have the skills you are getting at, in my opinion anyway.

What he actually DOES well, is picking up the ball and pinging passes from the deep. Which is exactly what I'm saying he should played as, i.e. a deep laying playmaker.

For some reason people think he will be good at the wing or as a CAM when he doesn't have any of the attributes for it. He isn't direct. He doesn't have the dribbling. He doesn't have the pace. He doesn't have the shots. It's just mindboggling.

Now I didn't watch the N.C. one as the opposition is so shite it's quite uninteresting, however if he can do this things against worse players, then maybe we can use him next season. We'll see.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Since when has beating a player been the defining point for quality??
The game has moved on a lot from the days of kick & run.The best players in the world all possess great vision & football brains Grealish has both he just needs to buckle down, stay off Twitter & lay off the sauce.
gdav
gdav

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm

sadly for Jack it seems like he will go the way of so many players before him that have failed to live up to the early hype. It should be down to the club to ensure his talent isn't wasted.

If Villa think that highly of him why not get a coach in for 6 months to work with him, someone like a Glen Hoddle or Le Tissier for example. Talent wise he could be the brightest prospect to come from the academy in years. The chance to work 121 with a coach could bring his game on to a whole new level.
tonyp
tonyp

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:11 pm

gdav wrote:Since when has beating a player been the defining point for quality??
The game has moved on a lot from the days of kick & run.The best players in the world all possess great vision & football brains Grealish has both he just needs to buckle down, stay off Twitter & lay off the sauce.

The best wingers and CAMs also possess attributes Grealish doesn't have and that was the point here.

He doesn't just need to grow up, sack his dad and work on his work rate, strength and mentality. He also needs to realise that he is best suited another position.

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

anyone who cant see a quality player in those clips don't know football imo, he needs good players around him,
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Grealish: 30 Villa League appearances - 1 Goal - 1 Assist

For an attacking player, he offers us fuck all. I hope he works his ass off this summer to improve his game and impress Garde, otherwise he can fuck off to another club to throw his career away. He was a talented youth player who never had to work hard to get to the first team, and now thinks he is a superstar. He doesn't yet realize that he's only just gotten his foot in the door and he still needs to work his ass off to prove he belongs here. How he acts this summer will decide if he's going to become the next Fabian Delph, or the next Stephen Ireland.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:34 am

Surely one goal and one assist in 30 matches is a pretty impressive stat for us at the moment Laughing
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:07 am

I think he was playing with confidence under Sherwood and then two things happened:

1. He believed his own hype and developed Billy Big Bollocks Syndrome.
2. Our stats guys discovered that, on paper, he's not all that good.

Next thing he knows, he's being dropped to the bench and can't quite understand why. It's clear from what I've seen that his agent (Dad) is more about sticking up for him publicly than getting him to knuckle down and play like he's starting from scratch (performances since his dropping would tend to back that up).

The lad gets the shits as you do when you've been told by everyone that you're the next big thing and his attitude goes all to hell.

Undoubtedly he has the ability. That Liverpool game showed (and remember he's still young) that he has the ability to hold the ball up, make space, draw players and distribute the ball. All of those will improve with game time...

...if he gets it again. And that's down to him.
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:42 am

I'm getting facebook PM's from his dad now. Rolling Eyes

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 Screenshot_2016_01_29_11_15_46
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:31 am

What does he have to say on the matter?

Edit: the image didn't load when I posted this, I can now see it above. Maybe his fridge has packed up.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:19 am

Grealish Sr., you fucking spanner. 

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 6 Eric-Cantona-Quotes_2867077

Unless that's you admitting milk turns faster than Jack on the ball at the moment. In which case, I concur.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:41 am

Trotters wrote:I think he was playing with confidence under Sherwood

I agree, and even then he wasn't doing well. Steven Davis and Albrighton were much better players and ironically people thought they were shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 am

Trotters wrote:
I'm getting facebook PM's from his dad now.  Rolling Eyes

Is this for real mate?

What a cock

lol!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:57 am

Joppe84 wrote:

I agree, and even then he wasn't doing well. Steven Davis and Albrighton was much better players and ironically people thought they were shite.

Do you want Grealish gone though, or out on loan? I was a big fan of Albrighton but he wasn't played much in his last year (although he was injured for a while). I was a big fan of Weimann too but he was very much a Bent style striker. Sure, he worked his balls off for the team and ran his arse off round the pitch but he failed here because Lambert could only play a 4-3-3 with Benteke as point man and Weimann was shoved wide, which didn't suit him.

I'd rather see him on loan at a club that wants him and will help him develop and find the right position for him to play rather than him sitting on the bench or playing for the U21s. At Villa managers come and six to 12 months later they go. Garde would be starting Albrighton every match, what's to say that in a year's time Grealish isn't lighting up our midfield in the Championship and helping us develop? I'm not sure that would necessarily happen with Garde still in charge but who knows where we'll be and who will be in charge next year. It took injury and a run of bad results to find out that Richards isn't as good as Okore in central defence, that both Bacuna and Richards are better than Hutton and that Kozak should start every match. Who knows how long it will take to work out that with the players we have the lone striker doesn't work and we need Kozak and one of Gestede/Ayew/Gabby up front in a 4-4-2? If Garde sticks with a lone striker and with Grealish barely getting a sniff of the first team how long could it take to find he's the perfect middle player in the three in a 4-2-3-1? Who knows. If we're not going to play him though, let's not demote him to the U21s, bench him or just ignore him and ultimately fuck him off when he's wanted by teams to play week in week out in the two leagues below us.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:59 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I agree, and even then he wasn't doing well. Steven Davis and Albrighton was much better players and ironically people thought they were shite.

Do you want Grealish gone though, or out on loan? I was a big fan of Albrighton but he wasn't played much in his last year (although he was injured for a while). I was a big fan of Weimann too but he was very much a Bent style striker. Sure, he worked his balls off for the team and ran his arse off round the pitch but he failed here because Lambert could only play a 4-3-3 with Benteke as point man and Weimann was shoved wide, which didn't suit him.

I'd rather see him on loan at a club that wants him and will help him develop and find the right position for him to play rather than him sitting on the bench or playing for the U21s. At Villa managers come and six to 12 months later they go. Garde would be starting Albrighton every match, what's to say that in a year's time Grealish isn't lighting up our midfield in the Championship and helping us develop? I'm not sure that would necessarily happen with Garde still in charge but who knows where we'll be and who will be in charge next year. It took injury and a run of bad results to find out that Richards isn't as good as Okore in central defence, that both Bacuna and Richards are better than Hutton and that Kozak should start every match. Who knows how long it will take to work out that with the players we have the lone striker doesn't work and we need Kozak and one of Gestede/Ayew/Gabby up front in a 4-4-2? If Garde sticks with a lone striker and with Grealish barely getting a sniff of the first team how long could it take to find he's the perfect middle player in the three in a 4-2-3-1? Who knows. If we're not going to play him though, let's not demote him to the U21s, bench him or just ignore him and ultimately fuck him off when he's wanted by teams to play week in week out in the two leagues below us.

Kozak shouldn't be starting every match at all....ffs he is shite!
Unfortunately he is the only option we have....and herein lies the problem!! Garde prefers to play 2 up top...but we don't even have one half decent striker...what's he supposed to do?

You rightly mention Albrighton...I was not a fan of him after that injury he got, and the move away has been the best thing that could of happened for him. However, you simply cannot compare Albrighton and Grealish because in terms of attitude and commitment to their profession...there is only one player I would want to see in a villa shirt again!

Grealish believes he has arrived....and that always spells the end for players.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I'd keep him and play him as a CM. It puzzles me that professional football people can't see that he would be better off dictating play further back. I'd enjoy it if he becomes a success here, but right now I think he is detrimental to our attacking play. He isn't very good, doesn't really track back, doesn't bring assists and doesn't bring goals, isn't direct and is weak in duels. I think he could be excellent as creating from a CM position, but that would require a change in mentality, a change in work rate, more focus on strength, tackling and making his team mates shine. Unfortunately Grealish seem fairly immature in the sense that he would rather be the dogs bollocks on a losing team than the important bit in a machinery that's a winning team. Like so many others before him he lacks the mentality.

I'd be surprised if he ever had a PL career anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Kozak shouldn't be starting every match at all....ffs he is shite!
Unfortunately he is the only option we have....and herein lies the problem!! Garde prefers to play 2 up top...but we don't even have one half decent striker...what's he supposed to do?

You rightly mention Albrighton...I was not a fan of him after that injury he got, and the move away has been the best thing that could of happened for him. However, you simply cannot compare Albrighton and Grealish because in terms of attitude and commitment to their profession...there is only one player I would want to see in a villa shirt again!

Kozak looks considerably better than Gabby did for the first eight matches he started without scoring, and while Kozak hasn't scored, if we're going to continue with the squad we have we need to see him start up front with Gestede and with Ayew on either wing. Or we can just do the same we've done all season and have one striker up front on their own, with very little support, and score no goals.

I'm comparing Grealish and Albrighton's situation with regard to managers, formation and playing time, not comparing them as players. I think there's a very good player in Grealish but if Garde is on his case and publicly slating him (see all the news reports after the last match he started, whichever one it was) then it suggests he's not getting the support from the manager he possibly needs. He's been photographed pissed on holiday or whatever and not fitted in with Garde's style of play or management. For whatever reason it's not working. That doesn't mean he's shite, should never be allowed to wear a Villa shirt again and should be sold to whoever will take him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:16 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Kozak shouldn't be starting every match at all....ffs he is shite!

Kozak looks considerably better than Gabby did for the first eight matches he started without scoring, and while Kozak hasn't scored, if we're going to continue with the squad we have we need to see him start up front with Gestede and with Ayew on either wing. Or we can just do the same we've done all season and have one striker up front on their own, with very little support, and score no goals.

I'm comparing Grealish and Albrighton's situation with regard to managers, formation and playing time, not comparing them as players. I think there's a very good player in Grealish but if Garde is on his case and publicly slating him (see all the news reports after the last match he started, whichever one it was) then it suggests he's not getting the support from the manager he possibly needs. He's been photographed pissed on holiday or whatever and not fitted in with Garde's style of play or management. For whatever reason it's not working. That doesn't mean he's shite, should never be allowed to wear a Villa shirt again and should be sold to whoever will take him.

Yes Kozak has done better than Gabby...hardly a ringing endorsement though eh!
I did say he is the best option we currently have....but that does not change the fact that he is rubbish.!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Trotters wrote:
I'm getting facebook PM's from his dad now.  Rolling Eyes

So his old man is sending people stroppy messages because of posts on forums? He needs to pull his head out of his arse and tell his lad to knuckle down and develop his considerable potential.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:38 pm

And he sent that as the lads in Aston Villa Fans Australia were having a dig at Jack. Read that again....Australia! He joined the group to watch what was being said. He got well arsey with one of the members last week and made some pathetic attempt at an insult which he later deleted.

It's clear that the Grealish household is awash with too much money and too little direction.

What kind of an agent does that kind of shit?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next