The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual

+7
DaveAV1
Dek of Villa
kimbo
avfc85
Thinman
villabromsgrove
Green Villan
11 posters

Go down

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual Empty Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual

Post by Green Villan Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert tells fans not to protest - it will harm the team

"I don’t think you can look at the chairman and say it’s one guy’s fault. It’s unfair," says Villa boss as supporters plan stay-away demonstration

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lambert-during-the-match-against-Sunderland-at-Villa-Park-in-December-2014

Paul Lambert has warned Aston Villa fans that a planned protest will only harm the claret and blues' chance of success against Liverpool.

A small section of supporters are considering vacating their seats in the Holte End for the first eight minutes of Saturday’s clash to express their feelings towards the current regime.

The eight minutes is a reference to the eight years Randy Lerner has been in charge of the club and the plan by a small minority is then to ‘support’ the team for 82 minutes - another reference to the glory European Cup-winning days of 1982.

“I understand the fans’ frustrations, but we’ll have a better chance of winning a game of football if they don’t do it, if they stick with the lads, no matter how hard it gets at times," said Lambert.

“When the stadium is behind the players it’s a great place to play football, and we’ve a better chance of winning if they don’t do it.

“Whoever has planned it, I hope the guy next to them tries to keep them on their seat.”

Lambert added: “Everybody involved with Aston Villa will be frustrated at what has happened over the last five or six years since Martin O’Neill left and the team was in the top six.

“Martin had this club buzzing at that time, vying for Europe, going great, and what’s happened has happened.

“But I don’t think you can look at the chairman and say it’s one guy’s fault. It’s unfair. He has the club’s interest at heart.”

Source: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-paul-lambert-8454983?

The piece of shit is trying to save his own ass by putting his tongue firmly up Lerners arse and insulting the fans yet again.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual Empty Re: Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:24 pm

I know you're angry GV but we do not allow the incitement of violence on TBAR, so I've removed your last sentence.
villabromsgrove

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual Empty Re: Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual

Post by Green Villan Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:25 pm

OK
Green Villan
Green Villan

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:59 pm

We're not just looking at the Chairman, Lambo, you are as much to blame, so frankly, do one.
Thinman
Thinman

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:45 pm

I don't understand why some fans get overly emotional, yes I am upset over the club's decline but Lerner is the main culprit he has asset stripped the f*ck out of our club for the past few years and employed various dud manager's since O'Neill's exit. Lambert is trying but he isn't up for the job, even if we got an excellent tactician, motivator etc he'll still only be able to achieve mid table at best. Let's be honest if any of us was Lambert, we wouldn't walk away from the job, he is paid extremely well and is managing in one of the best league's in the world, until Lerner is removed we'll be floating like this for the foreseeable future we need to get used to it.
avfc85
avfc85

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 pm

avfc85 wrote:I don't understand why some fans get overly emotional, yes I am upset over the club's decline but Lerner is the main culprit he has asset stripped the f*ck out of our club for the past few years and employed various dud manager's since O'Neill's exit. Lambert is trying but he isn't up for the job, even if we got an excellent tactician, motivator etc he'll still only be able to achieve mid table at best. Let's be honest if any of us was Lambert, we wouldn't walk away from the job, he is paid extremely well and is managing in one of the best league's in the world, until Lerner is removed we'll be floating like this for the foreseeable future we need to get used to it.

I agree with most of this with the exception that I think that Lambert will see us down this season. No more 'floating' for us.

Floating or oblivion, which do we prefer?
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:01 am

Thinman wrote:
avfc85 wrote:I don't understand why some fans get overly emotional, yes I am upset over the club's decline but Lerner is the main culprit he has asset stripped the f*ck out of our club for the past few years and employed various dud manager's since O'Neill's exit. Lambert is trying but he isn't up for the job, even if we got an excellent tactician, motivator etc he'll still only be able to achieve mid table at best. Let's be honest if any of us was Lambert, we wouldn't walk away from the job, he is paid extremely well and is managing in one of the best league's in the world, until Lerner is removed we'll be floating like this for the foreseeable future we need to get used to it.

I agree with most of this with the exception that I think that Lambert will see us down this season. No more 'floating' for us.

Floating or oblivion, which do we prefer?
That's the point, isn't it. It feels less and less like floating but more and more like sinking.

Blame Lerner (correctly!) all you want for the floating, but Lambert is the reason it's not a comfortable float.

I get emotional (and you're entitled to your opinion, but I am perfectly capable of judging what I deem as appropriate and I don't see it as 'overly' at all) because I care about Aston Villa, and I believe Paul Lambert has been allowed to get away with his disgusting managerial performance because of a shocking level of fan apathy as much as any idiocy and negligence from the chairman.
kimbo
kimbo

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:08 am

Well Aston Villa FC's on and off-field activities have got me emotional all my life and I can't see me changing now!

As I've previously said on here - nothing will change until the clueless two  ( Lerner & Lambert ) have left the club and that could well be after relegation?
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:35 am

I agree Dek that those two need to go, but I'm not sure relegation will facilitate that. Certainly not Lerner as the price will plummet and since RL loves PL relegation could
See is stuck with the pair of them. Sadly
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:12 am

Lambert hasn't relegated us with a worse squad than this and he won't do it now. We'll just do enough this season to stay afloat again but after three seasons of it enough is enough and something needs to change starting with the manager and then the present board.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Im fucking off to go and support Walsall, cheaper, closer & they actually try to compete.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Paul Lambert Trying To Quash Protests But Insults Fans Even More Than Usual 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Morpheus wrote:Lambert hasn't relegated us with a worse squad than this and he won't do it now. We'll just do enough this season to stay afloat again but after three seasons of it enough is enough and something needs to change starting with the manager and then the present board.

Genuine question - on what do you base this?

We look further away from scoring a goal than we ever were. You don't score goals, you don't win matches and if you don't win matches you gently slide into the bottom three.

It may take 4/5 games before we get there due to the poor quality of our rivals, but get there we will.

Unless you know something I don't.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 am

Funnily enough I don't think we will go down, by hook or by crook somehow three other teams will get themselves relegated.

Villa will just do enough but my main worry is that one season it WILL happen, you can't keep on flirting with relegation every season and not expect to drop through one season. This continual flirtation with relegation has produced the fan's apathy and lowered expectations to an all time low and although they might be concerned, they feel powerless to stop the inevitability of it all!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 am

i think 5 wins (37pts) will be enough , where 5 out of 14 is coming from God only knows as you forget the next two games !
Another complaint from yesterday too, i saw a player in a Villa shirt take an opponent on & beat him , this happened at least twice, Mr Lambert you have seven days to coach this out of young Mr Gil !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 am

Thinman wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Lambert hasn't relegated us with a worse squad than this and he won't do it now. We'll just do enough this season to stay afloat again but after three seasons of it enough is enough and something needs to change starting with the manager and then the present board.

Genuine question - on what do you base this?

We look further away from scoring a goal than we ever were. You don't score goals, you don't win matches and if you don't win matches you gently slide into the bottom three.

It may take 4/5 games before we get there due to the poor quality of our rivals, but get there we will.

Unless you know something I don't.
Mate that is a very fair question indeed and honestly since the failed protest yesterday I'm now starting to doubt my own post.

Originally I had based my post on the previous two seasons under Lambert whereby we had an inferior squad to the one which Lambert presides over now that wasn't relegated. The difference then was that although poor at the back we could always score just enough goals through the magnificent Benteke to keep ourselves out of serious trouble. Our manager also had the knack of getting results when he needed them the most.

We are now unfortunately heading for a repeat of previous seasons under Lambert in a positional sense and Lambert will need to repeat the knack of getting those results when needed plus Benteke will have to rediscover his form.

To get Benteke firing and to achieve those results Lambert previously took the defensive shackles off the team and went for it by playing a more attacking system (Sunderland) and it worked. Since our squad is even better now I had no reason to suspect that the same thing wouldn't happen this season again and there were signs of that in the second half against Liverpool yesterday. Baker missed two sitters!

However what is missing this time is the lack of support from the terraces which isn't a criticism of the fan base as we have all now had enough and such is the apathy within the fan base we can't even muster a collective protest which failed miserably yesterday. I was actually shocked how badly that protest failed and unfortunately which I didn't think possible, we have inadvertantly strengthened Lambert's position.

That apathetic nature has spread from the chairman to the manager to the players and now to the majority of the fan base that we will just do enough again to survive which was the original point in my post.

I no longer think that because the club is now split down the middle with the fans starting to fight with one another and we currently lack the leadership from anywhere within the club to push us ourselves over the line again.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down