The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

+61
Heisenberg
Withes Sweatbands
robinsonvil81
Chicken
GodzoneVilla
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
Sky
avfcjoe
chrisw1
Jae1411
viva_la_amo
Sean
Mooseman
bakerbob
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
Leafs1201
Saunders82
plastic
DaveAV1
avfc85
thinlizzy
VillaBill
KMitch
achilles
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
VTID85
Mazrim
holtehero
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Dek of Villa
Nix999
Desperate Villan
lukevilla
De Kuip
CoE82
villashrew
London Villa
Cha Ching
kimbo
GadgetMan
Morpheus
Dazzle
thegaffer6
Dave Hall
jeffvilla
NARLA24
The Utterer
South London Villan
Synopsis
Morgan Villa
mefromhere
Green Villan
gdav
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Trotters
villabromsgrove
65 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our New Manager?

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 17 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap41%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 42 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap1%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 103

Poll closed

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:15 pm

kimbo wrote:Timing - I just got a text off my mate saying he'd heard Steve Clarke might be lined up to replace Keane.

He probably just read it on here!  Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 498107619
I agree, I think we started this rumour. He's a decent coach, but I'd love to see a younger Martinez/Rodgers type coach who isn't ready to manage and is totally focussed on the training pitch. I'm dreaming but why not.
villabromsgrove

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:07 pm

I think Clarke would be a cracking Assistant Manager. I thought he'd wait until the main role came up somewhere but maybe not. He's enjoyed his greatest success as assistant manager and getting in the coach who helped Chelsea and Liverpool to league and cup successes would be brilliant
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I think Clarke would be a cracking Assistant Manager. I thought he'd wait until the main role came up somewhere but maybe not. He's enjoyed his greatest success as assistant manager and getting in the coach who helped Chelsea and Liverpool to league and cup successes would be brilliant
I would say that Lambert and Clarke are of similar stature within the game with perhaps Lambert being the slightly more high profile, which makes me wonder how they'd work together and what match day would be like? SC has some cracking coaching credentials so it would be a good appointment, but would the chemistry be there?

Plus points are that they know each other well from their St. Mirren days although Clarke was senior and Lambert cleaned his boots, and I think Clarke still lives locally.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:20 pm

I wouldnt mind Clarke, or maybe Mullinstein, heard he's a very good coach, and showed with fulham he's not up for management, as much as we all want Lambert gone, i think he's here for a while, so a good coach will help.

I agreed with Yorke yesterday that we looked a lot better on the ball, and a bit more composure and we could of had 4/5 goals yesyerday.
CoE82
CoE82

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:47 am

I know the thread has slightly morphed into "realistic next assistant" rather than next manager, but going back to that topic, does anyone think Laudrup would do a job at VP? I know he kind of ran aground at The Swans, but I still think he is tactically aware and wants football played in a certain (and attractive way). Or do folks think he just didn't cut the mustard?
I'm not talking as an assistant - I mean as a replacement for Lambert, who I truly believe should be gone.
Can Tom Fox not start giving Lambert hints like wrapping his sandwiches in a road map or something?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 am

Ha!
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am

Reports today that Allardyce isn't going to be offered a new contract.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:31 am

mefromhere wrote:Reports today that Allardyce isn't going to be offered a new contract.

We'll see. Last season every newspaper under the sun reported that Fat Sam and Pardew were both being sacked in the next 48 hours - and they ran the same stories at least 4 times each
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:14 pm

I would have expected a new first team coach to have been appointed by now. It seems as though coaching isn't a major priority at Villa under this regime. I hope I'm wrong and they're just taking their time in order to get the best possible candidate. What do you reckon guys?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:32 pm

I put it down to they are been really careful after the Keane saga or they are been really incompetent.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Green Villan wrote:I put it down to they are been really careful after the Keane saga or they are been really incompetent.

Or lambert hasent got long to save his job?
lukevilla

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Green Villan wrote:I put it down to they are been really careful after the Keane saga or they are been really incompetent.
We seem to have a relaxed attitude to training with players sometimes having a couple of days off at the beginning of the week (allegedly). When Lambert says that you have to trust players to go out and express themselves, it doesn't sound as though coaching is a huge priority.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:43 pm

lukevilla wrote:

Fox said last week that coming from a business background he wasn't into sacking managers, so I guess that means Lambert is as safe as a manager can be in the Premiership.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:49 pm

lukevilla wrote:

I hope you are right but I just don't see it Sad

villabromsgrove wrote:
We seem to have a relaxed attitude to training with players sometimes having a couple of days off at the beginning of the week (allegedly). When Lambert says that you have to trust players to go out and express themselves, it doesn't sound as though coaching is a huge priority.

That has always pissed me off with days off for doing bugger all, players should only get 1 day off from the week and only if they have played well and won.

villabromsgrove wrote:
lukevilla wrote:

Fox said last week that coming from a business background he wasn't into sacking managers, so I guess that means Lambert is as safe as a manager can be in the Premiership.

More of the same to follow it seems Sad
Green Villan
Green Villan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm

I hope we're pleasantly surprised when the new coach is announced, but I'm not counting on it. What's the betting he's Scottish?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Now that Tony Pulis has gone to the Baggies, are there any available managers who would be a safe pair of hands if Lambert is sacked.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 am

Would love one of Tuchel, Laudrup, Kluivert, Klinsmann but i think i am dreaming with that list. So would settle for Howe, Southgate, McClaren. I think a dream partnership would be Laudrup and Laursen for ones attacking flair and the others defensive steel but no idea if it would work out. But i genuinely think that a pairing like that would quickly get the fans back down VP!
villashrew
villashrew

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:49 pm

I sincerely hope Tom Fox has been scouring the planet for a potential new manager, it's becoming critical now. Even if it's a short term fix until the end of the season, offer someone a sack of money to keep this football club up. We've missed out on the usual fire fighters, so something different will be required. Seriously guys, who could we get in? I think it has to be someone of standing that will instantly get the respect of the players. I'm Sure even someone like Sven will get these players performing better than they have been, we won't get Eddie Howe or McLaren in my opinion. Klinsmann remains my dream villa manager, could he be gotten for a few months?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:55 pm

I'd even take Stuart Pearce now to be honest. At least he has passion
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Tom Fox was telling the truth last week when he said that Lambert would not be sacked. I guess that he didn't expect us to beat Arsenal today (although he would have expected us to show a lot more fight than we did), and he almost certainly doesn't expect us to beat the league leaders next week.

That means that nothing has changed as far as he's concerned, therefore Lambert will not be sacked. He and Randy obviously believe that from the Hull match onwards we will get enough points to survive.

I don't share their confidence, I'm just pointing out what I believe to be their current position.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:18 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Tom Fox was telling the truth last week when he said that Lambert would not be sacked. I guess that he didn't expect us to beat Arsenal today (although he would have expected us to show a lot more fight than we did), and he almost certainly doesn't expect us to beat the league leaders next week.

That means that nothing has changed as far as he's concerned, therefore Lambert will not be sacked. He and Randy obviously believe that from the Hull match onwards we will get enough points to survive.

I don't share their confidence, I'm just pointing out what I believe to be their current position.

Hey maybe TF meant he wouldn't be sacked as they've agreed he'll resign #clutchingatstraws
De Kuip
De Kuip

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:26 pm

De Kuip wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Tom Fox was telling the truth last week when he said that Lambert would not be sacked. I guess that he didn't expect us to beat Arsenal today (although he would have expected us to show a lot more fight than we did), and he almost certainly doesn't expect us to beat the league leaders next week.

Hey maybe TF meant he wouldn't be sacked as they've agreed he'll resign #clutchingatstraws
You raise a very good point De Kuip, if things reach that point it's a way for RL/TF to get out of what would be a highly embarrassing situation given what TF has said in the last few days. Resignation with a pay off agreed behind the scenes would save face.

I don't expect to see it happen, but it's an option. Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 3 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Desperate Villan Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:47 am

MARTIN JOL???
Desperate Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Karanka at Middlesborough is doing a great job. I'd welcome him. Kluivert would come in a heartbeat. Schuster, Garcia, Tuchel, all great options and could be tempted. Add McLaren, Howe and Southgate and all coukd do a better job than Lambert. I'd like us to show a little flair with the next appointment and Tuchel, Schuster or Karanka could provide that.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:04 pm

I like most of the names GM but I don't think it's going to happen.

I genuinely think that the gang of four (RL/TF/PF/PR) have shaken hands on a deal that ensures that whatever happens they will see it through together. This is a business plan that has very little to do with football, and if we go down it will be a huge spanner in the works, but I'm sure they will keep their collective heads down and actually see Lambert's previous Championship League management experience with Norwich as a positive.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next