The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

+61
Heisenberg
Withes Sweatbands
robinsonvil81
Chicken
GodzoneVilla
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
Sky
avfcjoe
chrisw1
Jae1411
viva_la_amo
Sean
Mooseman
bakerbob
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
Leafs1201
Saunders82
plastic
DaveAV1
avfc85
thinlizzy
VillaBill
KMitch
achilles
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
VTID85
Mazrim
holtehero
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Dek of Villa
Nix999
Desperate Villan
lukevilla
De Kuip
CoE82
villashrew
London Villa
Cha Ching
kimbo
GadgetMan
Morpheus
Dazzle
thegaffer6
Dave Hall
jeffvilla
NARLA24
The Utterer
South London Villan
Synopsis
Morgan Villa
mefromhere
Green Villan
gdav
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Trotters
villabromsgrove
65 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our New Manager?

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap17%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 17 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap6%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap41%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 42 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap21%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap10%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap1%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_lcap2%Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 103

Poll closed

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Scartman100 Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:06 am

Can't see too many top managers wanting to manage Villa with the way Lerner is running the club .So we are going to take a chance on a manager .For what it's worth Sherwood impressed me at Spurs ,think he might suit Villa and the players we have ,think he will keep us up which is the priority at the moment .
Scartman100

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 Empty Re: Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll)

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:10 am

Welcome to the site, Scartman.
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Scartman100 Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:19 am

Thank you !
Scartman100

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:33 am

Scartman100 wrote:Can't see too many top managers wanting to manage Villa with the way Lerner is running the club .So we are going to take a chance on a manager .For what it's worth Sherwood impressed me at Spurs ,think he might suit Villa and the players we have ,think he will keep us up which is the priority at the moment .

Welcome Scartman, good to have you. Good post too Scarf Waving UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:39 am

The Utterer wrote:You sound very certain Viva? Suspect

It's still Sherwood
viva_la_amo

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:38 am

Surely Sherwood should have taken over at Forest?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:27 am

Delph blames the players, not the manager.

http://bbc.com/sport/football/31465697
Trotters
Trotters

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by SOTC Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:16 am

It's Sherwood, get used to it............ (here) we go again!
SOTC

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:15 am

I can't help feeling that ot suits the club for the focus to be on Sherwood, so that they can spring a surprise in the coming days.
Just a feeling, not based on any knowledge.
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanoday1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:34 am

If as most of the papers seem to agree Sherwood will get the job. What about him as first team coach and old red faced Harry in a director of football role the club seem to want. Both out of work so compensation isn't an issue. Harry could work on transfers contracts etc and when he's recovered from his op he may be able to give Sherwood some advice about the team if needed. That way if it goes belly up with Sherwood we have someone waiting in the wings who would be able to add continuity at least.
ryanoday1

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:57 am

Why are we going for Sherwood. He has dam all experience. Does Lerner and fox want to relegate the club I would take harry red snaps before bloody Sherwood. Unbelievable this club never ceases to amaze me
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:17 am

Sherwood doesn't get me overly excited, but we have to be realistic. There is a third of the season to go, top managers are all gainfully employed and I'd be a little concerned about anyone who was prepared to jump ship at the business end of the season. There may be someone who circumstances suit a move, but that's reasonably unlikely.

I agree Sherwood has limited experience, and there's a big difference between picking up an under performing Spurs team and a relegation battle. Having said that, we have under performed so badly under Lambert that an improvement is almost inevitable. We're not 10 points adrift and needing a miracle, just playing to the teams ability will see us through if we don't panic.
DaveAV1

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:21 am

^ This.

And Harry can fuck right off. It'd be an unmitigated disaster for the club to put naive Lerner together with that dodgy spiv.

Last edited by Trotters on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:43 am

Spot on Trotts. We support a football club that may have its faults and failings, but we still have dignity and class. You lie with dogs you get fleas.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:07 am

Or in Harry's case, you lie with dogs you get to keep your money and the dog gets put on an IRS watchlist.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:41 am

Trotters wrote:Or in Harry's case, you lie with dogs you get to keep your money and the dog gets put on an IRS watchlist.
Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 693198913
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:41 am

For me Sherwood would be a disastrous appointment as bad even as the appointment of Lambert and probably worse due to the present circumstances.

Remember we sacked two coaches for bullish behaviour with the players and by all accounts Sherwood would be as bad or worse than Roy Keane at Sunderland.

Sherwood appointment wouldn't be on ability it would be due to being the cheap option with no compensation to pay and remember he has already been turned down by teams with lower stature than ourselves.

If appointed I have no doubt that while Sherwood might get us to safety when you look at the next set of fixtures coming up we would however be looking for a new manager again by Christmas next season.

We need a steady hand now who will organise and motivate to get us to safety while also uniting the fan base with the club. What we don't need is some loud mouth arrogant twat who would very soon alienate the players while being a rebel without a cause.

Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:46 am

I couldn't agree more morph and posted as such the other day, Sherwood will in my mind relegate us and piss off the entire squad whilst at it. We need someone to instill confidence, not tell the press were shit every week further damaging the confidence
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 am

Some guy called paul cook, apparently chesterfields manager has appeared in the betting now, I keep looking at odds checker and nothing there inspires confidence with me but solskjaer was shorter odds than Sherwood is now so I guess that's not the best place to look for clues
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:50 am

Every manager linked on twiter has people saying not him. Pulis, Sherwood & Hoodle all have fans going "fuck him" it's pissing me of to be honest. 
We should still be happy Lamberts gone as I genuinely believe anyone will do a better job. Villa park needs to be rocking with everyone behind the new manager who ever it may be. 
I said I wouldn't go again untill PL had gone so I ordered tickets yesterday first time in 23 years attending I've gone Row A so I can see all the Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 238524133 go flooding in UTV
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:42 am

gdav wrote:Every manager linked on twiter has people saying not him. Pulis, Sherwood & Hoodle all have fans going "fuck him" it's pissing me of to be honest. 
We should still be happy Lamberts gone as I genuinely believe anyone will do a better job. Villa park needs to be rocking with everyone behind the new manager who ever it may be. 
I said I wouldn't go again untill PL had gone so I ordered tickets yesterday first time in 23 years attending I've gone Row A so I can see all the Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 238524133 go flooding in UTV

I agree I think whoever it is needs everybody's full backing for the rest of the season. We've got what the majority of us wanted with PL going so whoever the replacement may be is already on to a winner by virtue of simply not being him. For what's it worth I wouldn't mind 'Tactics Tim' because I'm fed up of having mumbling 'yes men' in front of the cameras. I want somebody that's gonna play attacking football, and generally be a massive twat to the opposition, winding people up, sayin it as they see it, challenging for everything and showing some fight; I want villa to get that nasty streak, an edge that we've never had.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:37 am

I've seen Markus weinzierl mentioned today, anyone know much about him, young manager at Augsburg in Germany
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Getting a foreign manager is a huge gamble because of the unique league we play in. It's a relentless match after match grind of physical battles, which would take a foreign manager weeks to come up to speed with.

Trying to get a manager who is in a job will be expensive and confrontational .... are Lerner and Fox up for it? I would hope so .... but probably not.

That just leaves candidates who are out of work and available now .... Hoddle, Curbishley and Sherwood. I don't have to fill in the negatives for you because you guys are way ahead of me here, suffice to say that I think the man who has never been a manager (only a caretaker head coach) will get the job.
villabromsgrove

Lambert gone, a realistic next manager? Keep it all in here (With Poll) - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Well, we did encourage Fox to flip a coin.

I said whilst that cock-spank of a man was in charge that if we had NO manager and just let the players sort themselves out that we'd survive so I'm sure whoever we get will have us lower mid-table pretty quickly.

The interesting bit will come during the off-season.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:12 pm

A couple of days ago a West Ham site was suggesting that Big Sam may be Villa bound. Now with them 2-0 down to the Boggies and likely to go out of the FA Cup their season is,to all intent and purposes, over. His contract is up in June and there seems to be no sign of a new contract. The porn barons are moving to The Olympic stadium and think they're big time, so will be thinking they can get Pepe in with Mourinho as his number two (he's certainly one of them).
So with that in mind, Big Sam may be a decent manager who would be prepared to jump ship. He's a Midlamds lad (Wolves fan I know) so that may be another factor. If he brings Teddy Sherringham with him to coach the forwards, then I for one would be rather happy
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next