The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+88
Trentvilla
Sutherland
Poseidon
Tomy-Flemba
Coseley Villa
DaveAV1
KMitch
switters
Sky
LVBrit
gaffer85
AVit
Superfowler07
Malandro
Suits
Mr Beast
stewiek
Steveallen79
villashrew
omariqy
tidders
supermon
Jim
Andyh
Trezzy
tbarrules
DelboyVilla
Kaz
pablo23uk
davevilla
clarryblue
jd
Morgan Villa
gdav
Southern Villan
ejs1111
R1chuk
Villarocks666
CoE82
Olof Mellberg
danclare82
chrisw1
Villa_Dan
Saunders
jvilla
Synopsis
B62 Villa
Dazzle
DN1982
banneruk
ember
Green Villan
Chrissylee1111
De Kuip
The Utterer
Mr T
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
roba19
Alpe_DHuez
George
RoyRace
bazzah
Heisenberg
TheLeftSide
Mazrim
CTVillan
VillaBill
andrew24561
Keyser Soze
heystally!
Wriggle
viva_la_amo
GadgetMan
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
villabromsgrove
Morpheus
Kakacroom
DR Peters
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
kimbo
StevieAVFC14
My Old Man
River
HarryAVFC
GodzoneVilla
lukevilla
92 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Baker and Gabby get some stick, so I'm delighted to see the plaudits they got yesterday.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by viva_la_amo Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Superb performance and result yesterday. Over the moon.

I'm sure somebody said Bentake was back though?
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:07 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:Superb performance and result yesterday. Over the moon.

Looking good for next Saturday Viva.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:53 pm

5months today!The road was long but tomorrow it's the big day!Doing what I love the most.Thank you all for the support you're the best ..
Wriggle
Wriggle

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:55 pm

That last post was what Benteke posted on his official twitter account about 2 hours ago
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Aussievillan wrote:

5months today!The road was long but tomorrow it's the big day!Doing what I love the most.Thank you all for the support you're the best ..
Good post Aussievillan and viva. Welcome Aussievillan! Scarf Waving Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Aussievillan wrote:That last post was what Benteke posted on his official twitter account about 2 hours ago
Fantastic news. Cheers for that Aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Rumours are that Gabby took a wage cut for his new deal. Has this been discussed earlier or elsewhere?
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:22 pm

I think a few people assumed he was on a lesser deal but nothing concrete. You just never know with Villa.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:27 pm

I know he loves the Villa, so he is one player more likely to take a cut, but if true it wouldn't look good for the takeover if we're still trying to cut wages.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Oh I'd don't know. First thing a new owner will do is get the CEO to look over the books and see where money is needlessly haemorrhaging from. Regardless how much money they have, billionaires don't like bleeding money.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:35 pm

To be honest I don't care about no takeover at the moment. For the first time in ages we actually look like a team. That's good enough for me.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Message to Paul Lambert, if you read this site then well done in not selling Hutton to the Baggies even though at the time we all thought you were mad. Secondly if you are going to keep the beard then can you please stop drinking water from a plastic bottle during the game, instead please pour the water into a glass bottle and cover in a brown paper bag. Then take turns in having a swig and passing it on to Keane. Drink
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

heystally! wrote:I know he loves the Villa, so he is one player more likely to take a cut, but if true it wouldn't look good for the takeover if we're still trying to cut wages.

Takeover or not, any smart businessman would have offered Gabby less to sign up for 4 years. I don't personally feel this indicates one way or another mate.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:To be honest I don't care about no takeover at the moment. For the first time in ages we actually look like a team. That's good enough for me.

This is how I feel, a takeover would just top it all off for me. Great start to the season, it really is.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:14 pm

What a difference 6 weeks make!  Back in the summer negative posts were the norm, a long hard season beckoned with inevitable relegation, we yearned for new rich owners, oh and we needed to sack the manager. Well 4 games in we have 25% of the points total required to stay up and everyone has a smile on their faces. We may still fail to get enough points to stay up, and Lambert may still not be the right guy to take us forward, and we might not get taken over (though personally I'm sure we will ) but at the moment it's great to be a Villa fan I for one intend to enjoy it before the bubble bursts UTV
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 pm

andrew24561 wrote:What a difference 6 weeks make!  Back in the summer negative posts were the norm, a long hard season beckoned with inevitable relegation, we yearned for new rich owners, oh and we needed to sack the manager. Well 4 games in we have 25% of the points total required to stay up and everyone has a smile on their faces. We may still fail to get enough points to stay up, and Lambert may still not be the right guy to take us forward, and we might not get taken over (though personally I'm sure we will ) but at the moment it's great to be a Villa fan I for one intend to enjoy it before the bubble bursts UTV
6 weeks? No need to go that far back, just after the cup exit there were some saying same old crap, sack Lambert.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
andrew24561 wrote:What a difference 6 weeks make!  Back in the summer negative posts were the norm, a long hard season beckoned with inevitable relegation, we yearned for new rich owners, oh and we needed to sack the manager. Well 4 games in we have 25% of the points total required to stay up and everyone has a smile on their faces. We may still fail to get enough points to stay up, and Lambert may still not be the right guy to take us forward, and we might not get taken over (though personally I'm sure we will ) but at the moment it's great to be a Villa fan I for one intend to enjoy it before the bubble bursts UTV
6 weeks? No need to go that far back, just after the cup exit there were some saying same old crap, sack Lambert.

I think if we're to present a balanced argument over his whole tenure, then there's enough there for fans to feel he ought to of been sacked without it being labelled as the "same old crap" We've had a great start, more than I could have possibly imagined, however I won't be simply forgetting the last two seasons just yet. Let's see how we're doing after 10 games which is always a fair measure of progress made.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I think if we're to present a balanced argument over his whole tenure, then there's enough there for fans to feel he ought to of been sacked without it being labelled as the "same old crap" We've had a great start, more than I could have possibly imagined, however I won't be simply forgetting the last two seasons just yet. Let's see how we're doing after 10 games which is always a fair measure of progress made.  

Yeah. I wasn't calling for him to be sacked after that shite in the cup, once it was clear that the US meeting wasn't leading to him leaving I decided it was clean slate time for him and the players as far as I was concerned, and I don't believe he should instantly go in the event of a takeover. Unless someone is bringing in their own man of indisputable quality, I don't particularly see it being likely, realistic, viable or helpful.

However to call it 'same old crap'... come on now. The bloke has all sorts of unwanted records and I think there was plenty over the 2 previous seasons to completely justify him being relieved of his duties.

Yes there are mitigating circumstances, no he is not entirely to blame, but to call it 'same old crap' is very, very harsh.
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:47 pm

kimbo wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Yeah. I wasn't calling for him to be sacked after that shite in the cup, once it was clear that the US meeting wasn't leading to him leaving I decided it was clean slate time for him and the players as far as I was concerned, and I don't believe he should instantly go in the event of a takeover. Unless someone is bringing in their own man of indisputable quality, I don't particularly see it being likely, realistic, viable or helpful.

However to call it 'same old crap'... come on now. The bloke has all sorts of unwanted records and I think there was plenty over the 2 previous seasons to completely justify him being relieved of his duties.

Yes there are mitigating circumstances, no he is not entirely to blame, but to call it 'same old crap' is very, very harsh.

As above, brilliant start , brilliant points haul , but is still think Lambert is a complete tool  :wanker:  , he shouldn't be our manager & I will rejoice the day he fcuks off !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:57 pm

No I wasn't calling it same old crap, I was just pointing out that after the cup exit some fans were complaining that we cant beat lower division sides and it's the same old crap, sack Lambert. I actually said at the time cup runs were not seen as priority as premiership survival was until sold.
We don't have a big squad and as our rivals are all in champions league action lets concentrate on the league one game at a time. Lambert said before the Liverpool game we don't fear anyone and on our day we can beat anyone, well I'm fine with that.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 pm

The big question is would you prefer a new owner to come in and spend 100s millions on a new squad and big name manager to break into the champions leagues places or would you prefer Lambert to do it with our current squad and current budget restraints?
Be honest.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:04 pm

You could probably sack Lambert and not notice. I attribute our current form to Keane's influence - just think what he could do as a full-time assistant Razz
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:The big question is would you prefer a new owner to come in and spend 100s millions on a new squad and big name manager to break into the champions leagues places or would you prefer Lambert to do it with our current squad and current budget restraints?
Be honest.
New owner with 100's of millions to spend for me. Purely and simply because even though we've started brilliantly, our squad is a mid table squad over 38 games Imo, so top 4 is never going to happen under Lerner.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Id love to see Lambert succeed at Villa. I do think, with a bit of real money to support him, he can do a job for us.
Id only get rid if we get a multi billionaire owner, and Klinsmann as boss
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next