The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
VTID
Jim
AVFCTT
therailboy
Mr Beast
CTVillan
jd
larvin86
aberdarevilla
VillaBill
marko63
Dions_Bald_Head
Government Agencey
plastic
The Great white walnut
DR Peters
CoE82
Desert Villan
mini_ beest
Poseidon
Green Villan
DelboyVilla
Mikethevillan
Wookster
GhostDad
smoke
South London Villan
New Yorke
avfcjoe
mrshnn
pablo23uk
deadbuzzardalive
keithj
UrmstonVilla
donnyt
carvillan_1
omariqy
GodzoneVilla
Suits
Billy Walker
heystally!
Zidane
Malandro
pete101
TheLeftSide
pcfbavfcoman
boltblaster
Andyh
villashrew
Alpe_DHuez
Sky
Kaz
Trezzy
clarryblue
Fpuppys
Villa jimmy
Wigteke
upthevilla76
Southern Villan
Karlos96
HarryAVFC
johnny noodles
bazzah
Mazrim
nitrogen
gdav
Kakacroom
Saunders
KMitch
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
B62 Villa
lukevilla
AVit
UnclePanda
Morgan Villa
Tomy-Flemba
Keyser Soze
thetrees
belizevillan
supermon
tbarrules
ejs1111
helpie
danclare82
Villarocks666
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
thinlizzy
jvilla
Morpheus
Villa_Dan
Coseley Villa
viva_la_amo
kimbo
Trotters
banneruk
GadgetMan
De Kuip
Sean
villabromsgrove
My Old Man
Denis_B
106 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Denis_B Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Thats fine I will return to dreamland with you and think of a takeover :)
Denis_B
Denis_B

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 1545576_294961723987489_155030906_n

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Denis_B wrote:Thats fine I will return to dreamland with you and think of a takeover :)

Thats the way!

See, you feel better already 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 pm

banneruk wrote:Anyone know where Randy is? What happened to the trees in the trees at BMH???
I'd forgotten about The Tree at BodyMoor Heath! cheers 
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:40 pm

New owner revealed -

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 8d0a90c1d61b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:41 pm

A good CEO is a must. We have to get a decent Chief Exec with a proven track record in football. When the CEO position is filled then we will see how much ambition AVFC has. Faulkner did a good job on the commercial side of things and that will hold up. What we need is a football man at the helm. Someone who understands the game but is also business savvy. I think that's why Cortese whets the appetite because he is good at both. Another Faulkner and we'll be fighting relegation season upon season. Once the CEO is in place then we can get a good idea on who would be our next manager after Lambert. A 'Faulkner' type CEO will get us a Malky Makaay or a Tony Pulis. A 'Cortese' CEO would see us get a manager in the same bracket as Benitez. I think Villa are going to be either a mediocre no ambition team or we are going to be in the mix for Champions League. We never seem to be in the middle. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months. It's good to be excited about the club but right now we need to be realistic about where we are currently and hope Lerner gets it right when he does sell.
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Denis_B wrote:Love the optimism on here. No takeover is close orlikely at the moment. We should be worrying what happens in 12 months when Lamberts contract finishes, no sale and no manager

love your optimism dennis "No takeover is close orlikely at the moment" pure class

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Eastie wrote:There are always ways and means around FFP - would be pretty easy to get into the top 8 before even thinking about FFP.

As far as I'm aware, under FFP, sanctions for equity or wages breaches for the premier league are in place from December 2014, so they would be a consideration. Breaches associates with losses (am I right in thinking this would be the main area if a new owner pumped in a load of money for transfers and infrastructure increases such as filling in the corners of the North Stand etc?) for the Prem, don't kick in until dec 2016 and the current threshold is £105M.

I think the threshold for wages is no more than £52M on the wage bill, and given our starting point now, we could probably sign some massive names that would still keep us below that, and make losses associated with those signings without censure, as long as we did it before 2016. I can't see us getting into Europe too long before then. It's in Europe that the current sanctions exist and the thresholds are significantly lower - 45 million euros wage threshold/only 5 million euro loss permitted if owner doesn't inject equity (in the prem it is £15M currently).

And that's apart from any overbuying of the club initially, to pump prime the purchase of players prior to the actual takeover, which is what might (only might) be happening now.

So I think FFP isn't a massive issue for us in the next 12-24 months, but if we did get a mega-owner, then yes, I agree it would be.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm

I think we should purchase one of those remotely controlled model aircraft, attach a video camera and fly it over Bodymoor Heath. It could be TBAR own version of a drone 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 pm

My Old Man wrote:I think we should purchase one of those remotely controlled model aircraft, attach a video camera and fly it over Bodymoor Heath. It could be TBAR own version of a drone 8) 
This isn't a tv remote in my hand you know den  :twisted: 

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm

banneruk wrote:Anyone know where Randy is? What happened to the trees in the trees at BMH???

Randy is in the UK currently mate
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm

jimbop wrote:
Denis_B wrote:Love the optimism on here. No takeover is close orlikely at the moment. We should be worrying what happens in 12 months when Lamberts contract finishes, no sale and no manager

love your optimism dennis "No takeover is close orlikely at the moment" pure class

Realism not optimism
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Eastie wrote:
My Old Man wrote:I think we should purchase one of those remotely controlled model aircraft, attach a video camera and fly it over Bodymoor Heath. It could be TBAR own version of a drone 8) 

You need to forget about Toni Basil Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Denis_B wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Pessimism not optimism

Fixed !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:51 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Eastie wrote:

You need to forget about Toni Basil Laughing 

I have , keira knightley the next taxi on the rank  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:54 pm

A TBAR drone? I like it. I do have a remote controlled helicopter and a small HD cam  cheers I'm on it Hahaha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:55 pm

TheEgo wrote:

I know but where in the UK?
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm

He's on the fish counter at the indoor market .

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:04 pm

I love that the ever-reliable thetrees has said that Lerner's jet is in the uk and our old unhinged mate Colon Gale and his equally unhinged mates are straight on twitter saying TBAR is lying.

Get well soon, if you're reading this, Colin. Ya dozy twat. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Trotters wrote:I love that the ever-reliable thetrees has said that Lerner's jet is in the uk and our old unhinged mate Colon Gale and his equally unhinged mates are straight on twitter saying TBAR is lying.

He can't read it - he's banned for life  cheers ☀ cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 pm

banneruk wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

I know but where in the UK?

Found him!!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 13400410

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Trotters wrote:I love that the ever-reliable thetrees has said that Lerner's jet is in the uk and our old unhinged mate Colon Gale and his equally unhinged mates are straight on twitter saying TBAR is lying.

Does that mean he has now got a life ban Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 pm

He first needs to get a life.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Trotters wrote:He first needs to get a life.

Im pretty sure he can find an argument with that Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:13 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Trotters wrote:He first needs to get a life.

Im pretty sure he can find an argument with that Laughing 

He was last seen arguing with the mirror whilst shaving :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next