The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Fabian Delph

+90
ember
aboclaretandblue
Perth villan
prmort
Andrew Baker
4BetLite
Wriggle
tonyp
gaffer85
marcxc1983
Villa jimmy
villain57
ROTTERDAM1982
ejs1111
Tomy-Flemba
big ming
Wookster
DomAVFC
worcesterkev
Chicken
Cha Ching
DN1982
hawk190601
Barton82
Peter
TED
MarvelVillan
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
johnny noodles
1Elliot
Saunders82
UnclePanda
therailboy
Rawlie
Dgrizzle7
Born Under The Holte End
DaveAV1
The Great white walnut
rosco77
Stratfordvilla
The Utterer
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Andyh
B62 Villa
FoxyAV
Morpheus
De Kuip
avfcjay
mickeywya
avfc forever
StringGhost
bazzah
Gordonsleftboot
VTID85
CoE82
lukevilla
omariqy
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
GhostDad
ViewFromT2
GadgetMan
danclare82
tbarrules
avfc85
larvin86
Dansvilla75
Mazrim
South London Villan
smetro
Army villain
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
Synopsis
Con
bruka
Morgan Villa
VillaBill
achilles
HarryAVFC
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
kimbo
NARLA24
gdav
Trotters
94 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Fabian Delph - Page 5 Empty Re: Fabian Delph

Post by kimbo Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:55 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
mickeywya wrote:Im guessing that all the players who were at international games at the end of the season will get extra time off. Thats probably why we had no Goalkeeper present either as Given and Guzan were on international duty.

Delph returned for training yesterday....
He chose to. He was given the time off, but he chose to come in.

I know you 'have information' that he's gone and you may well be right, but lets not make things that aren't there, we have enough of that in the takeover thread  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Fabian Delph - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:59 pm

kimbo wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
mickeywya wrote:Im guessing that all the players who were at international games at the end of the season will get extra time off. Thats probably why we had no Goalkeeper present either as Given and Guzan were on international duty.

I know you 'have information' that he's gone and you may well be right, but lets not make things that aren't there, we have enough of that in the takeover thread  :)

I was actually making the point that the fact he turned up for training was a positive!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Fabian Delph - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:05 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
kimbo wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

I was actually making the point that the fact he turned up for training was a positive!

I wasn't moaning at ya :)  I was referring to everyone, I just meant because some of you have heard he's off and the papers seem insistent that we're selling him, people are making something out of nothing. If these rumours weren't going on, no-one would even have given it a second thought that a player who was on international duty didn't 'model' this evening.

We're all looking for something in everything, I think we're all going a bit cuckoo  Fabian Delph - Page 5 1662365926
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
kimbo wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

I share your concern VFT2, with Delph back at training I expected to see him at the kit launch. He demonstrated his willingness to put Villa first by being at BMH yesterday, and he loves being Villa Captain and leading by example.
villabromsgrove

Fabian Delph - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:12 pm

kimbo wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
kimbo wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

I wasn't moaning at ya :)  I was referring to everyone, I just meant because some of you have heard he's off and the papers seem insistent that we're selling him, people are making something out of nothing. If these rumours weren't going on, no-one would even have given it a second thought that a player who was on international duty didn't 'model' this evening.

We're all looking for something in everything, I think we're all going a bit cuckoo  Fabian Delph - Page 5 1662365926

well I won't disagree there!!

I was told a few weeks ago by someone that knows him there was not a chance he will leave....then same guy told me last week he was off!
He also reckoned that he was told, by Delph, that when he signed the new deal Lerner told him he wasn't selling the club!

I don't think anyone but Delph knows what he will do...and from the contradicting stories I have heard from this guy....I'm pretty sure he doesn't tell anyone what his intentions are...maybe his missus, that's all!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 pm

kimbo wrote:
bruka wrote:To be honest i find the whole "home grown player" thing confusing and fail to see its purpose. If it's about trying to strengthen the national team then it's not really effective as players like Fabregas are classed as home grown.
Yeah. I think that was the initial aim, then they realised the 'Sky' clubs would get mad, so they changed the rule to suit them. It's all a load of utter bollocks.

yes, it seems counter-productive.

the non-Sky clubs like Villa are getting stripped of real home grown talent that is playing in the first XI and it goes straight on the bench or into the obscurity of the squad of the Sky team where it is occasionally trotted out in League Cup games and for substitute appearances.

the non-Sky clubs, to replace the home grown talent that is being squad stacked by the Sky teams, have to buy from abroad. so there is no net benefit to the England team.
Con
Con

Fabian Delph - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:01 pm

Article in mirror with Richards saying Delph has asked him about life at city and how he wouldnt say dont join.them. Doesn't sound good.
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:42 pm

danclare82 wrote:Article in mirror with Richards saying Delph has asked him about life at city and how he wouldnt say dont join.them. Doesn't sound good.

But he does also say that next year is a big year with the Euros. If he goes and plays 10 games then he will be pushed out of the England squad. Obviously the thought has crossed Delphs mind BUT if he was truly a target for City I'm sure a bid would have materialised as they haven't signed anyone and desperately need homegrown players. I think it's all purely speculation right now and Delph has just asked Richards basically how bad it was at City. He only needs to look at Sinclair, look how that move ruined his England credentials also.

I hope Richards and Sinclair put him off and he isn't just a greedy sod and goes for the money. If he does it would be ten times worse than Barry or Downing.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:23 am

Richards says that he gave him a 'no comment' - that should speak volumes. It's good timing that Milner's getting out - makes it look a very risky proposition.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Richards says that he gave him a 'no comment' - that should speak volumes. It's good timing that Milner's getting out - makes it look a very risky proposition.
Even though he's been involved reasonable amounts at both levels, I think Milner would have started more for England had he been playing every week for a club.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Delph is going nowhere guys
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:53 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Delph is going nowhere guys

Hunch or information?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:33 pm

I thought Micah's phrase ""James Milner has played six or seven positions and still wanted to leave," was telling - of anything he said, I think that would have to be what gets into Delph's head the most (hopefully).

I don't think he's going anywhere.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:49 pm

If Delph does go it won't be a devastating loss to us. Doesn't score enough, doesn't create enough and misplaces passes in important areas of the pitch which leaves us wide open to counter attack.

He really isn't that good and don't let his selection for England fool you. There is a dearth of quality English footballers at the moment.

If rumours are correct we already have someone coming in to replace him costing 9m.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Morpheus wrote:If Delph does go it won't be a devastating loss to us. Doesn't score enough, doesn't create enough and misplaces passes in important areas of the pitch which leaves us wide open to counter attack.

He really isn't that good and don't let his selection for England fool you. There is a dearth of quality English footballers at the moment.

If rumours are correct we already have someone coming in to replace him costing 9m.
You have a totally different opinion of Delph to me Morph. I think if we manage to hold on to him next season he will be our most influential player.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Delphs' second touch is a tackle! Hope he stays though!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:00 pm

My biggest problem is the fee. In this age of inflated England player prices, it's exasperatingly infuriating that we could lose him for £8m.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:If Delph does go it won't be a devastating loss to us. Doesn't score enough, doesn't create enough and misplaces passes in important areas of the pitch which leaves us wide open to counter attack.

You have a totally different opinion of Delph to me Morph. I think if we manage to hold on to him next season he will be our most influential player.
You could be right VB but I certainly hope not. For me that would mean that any new midfield signing has been poor as i can't see Delph suddenly improving his stats that much between the end of last season and next season.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Delph is not going to Portugal with the rest of the squad. He's reported to be staying behind as his wife is expecting her second baby.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:19 pm

I think Delph will stay and I reckon he's a good captain. He's apparently first in and last out at training and cares about the club. You see him giving Grealish advice during matches and sticking his arm round players making mistakes and having a word. I never saw Gabby or Clark do that. Westwood I like too but it's been pointed out before he's not very vocal.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Lots and lots of noise about Delph signing for City...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm

His wife is about to have a baby!
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:15 pm

He's a good player, I like him and we'll miss him. He could even have made a name to remember at VP, instead he will join the thousand of bench players watching their careers rot away. I don't care that much though. We've been here so many times before and we always get new English youth into the national side.

I don't believe for a second the clause being £ 8 million though. That's obviously bullshit.

I find it weird of the club to use him at the photoshoot knowing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm

bbc reporting Delph will sign for City on Saturday
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:38 pm

Fuck him.
We were shit with him in the team.