The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+113
Jae1411
kimbo
BournVilla
MadVillan
goose76
Jim
nitrogen
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
De Kuip
danclare82
jamavfc1
carvillan_1
John2710
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mytitsarebigger
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
B62 Villa
jimmygreaves
AstonThriller
supermon
JCH
Mortimer1982
pcfbavfcoman
Mooseman
phil__
Olofalot
The Utterer
AVit
Wookster
Alpe_DHuez
USVillan
Nightwing
W1ttm4nn
bazzah
Hols
VillaBill
Trezzy
Allthaidup
MinnyVilla
The.slow.divide
GhostDad
The Great white walnut
South London Villan
GaryBerry
villashrew
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DR Peters
Poseidon
Mazrim
Tomy-Flemba
viva_la_amo
Classof13
KMitch
AVFClee
Keyser Soze
Villa.Lion
New Yorke
Billy Walker
whiteensign
TED
Morpheus
LVBrit
tbarrules
Kakacroom
Macca68
Voice of reason
mini_ beest
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
ejs1111
upthevilla76
zxc
UnclePanda
Wigteke
Steveallen79
Withes Sweatbands
Dek of Villa
Olof Mellberg
bruka
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Villarocks666
Jimmycarr
UrmstonVilla
roba19
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
gdav
GadgetMan
lukevilla
TheLeftSide
thinlizzy
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Malandro
VTID85
R1chuk
holtehero
Stratfordvilla
heystally!
Andyh
DN1982
Villa jimmy
Morgan Villa
Heisenberg
banneruk
Villa_Dan
Denis_B
My Old Man
117 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by R1chuk Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Stratfordvilla wrote:I'd have him. Organised and motivated teams. Rubbish football, but we are used to that

Would be a step up from Lambert, but shows how far we have fallen.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by VTID85 Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 pm

That clip of Lambert re: Vlaar shows a man on borrowed time, totally disenchanted with the job at hand, hopefully because he now knows how many seconds are left on the clock.
VTID85

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:47 pm

VTID85 wrote:That clip of Lambert re: Vlaar shows a man on borrowed time, totally disenchanted with the job at hand, hopefully because he now knows how many seconds are left on the clock.

How can such a well paid man, look so much like a wino with depression.

Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:49 pm

R1chuk wrote:
Stratfordvilla wrote:I'd have him. Organised and motivated teams. Rubbish football, but we are used to that

Would be a step up from Lambert, but shows how far we have fallen.

Very True and very sad Crying or Very sad , good interview with him on bbc, where he discusses how he adjusts his style to the players he has. That'd be innovative in itself, left backs playing left back, right wingers playing on the right!
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 pm

VTID85 wrote:That clip of Lambert re: Vlaar shows a man on borrowed time, totally disenchanted with the job at hand, hopefully because he now knows how many seconds are left on the clock.

How the hell can they put him in front of the camera 2 days before the season starts. What a downbeat, depressed performance. Everyone needs inspiring. How will the team get off to a good start if that dour face, mumbling fool presents himself to the press like that. Surely he must have bad news 're his position and an impending takeover. Man two days ago I was looking forward to the season. Now with no Sanchez yet. Vlaar pretty much off, no CEO, nothing concrete about takeover and now this pathetic press conference from Lambert, I am back to the usual feeling with villa. Expectations of dour football, shocking tactics and inept substitutions, brushed with fleeting moments where I dream I might see something that actually excites me (football wise you dirty feckers!)
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:44 am

Regarding the debate about Due Diligence, we have heard two opposing thoughts. One like Denis's source, the other very different.

As for Vlaar, I don't think he's talking to Lambert because Lambert is on borrowed time (by all accounts he was spoken to a little while back and has a face on since then) and the club has another year to sort Vlaar out.

As for Dirty Sanchez, I think the club know that with all the fuck ups that have gone on lately and the I'll feeling of the fans (reflected in season ticket sales), they need to take Stoke apart on the weekend. If that fails to happen, then they have a nice little surprise for us to distract us from that loss.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:47 am

GodzoneVilla wrote:

How the hell can they put him in front of the camera 2 days before the season starts. What a downbeat, depressed performance. Everyone needs inspiring. How will the team get off to a good start if that dour face, mumbling fool presents himself to the press like that.  Surely he must have bad news 're his position and an impending takeover. Man  two days ago I was looking forward to the season. Now with no Sanchez yet. Vlaar pretty much off, no CEO, nothing concrete about takeover and now this pathetic press conference from Lambert, I am back to the usual feeling with villa. Expectations of dour football, shocking tactics and inept substitutions, brushed with fleeting moments where I dream I might see something that actually excites me (football wise you dirty feckers!)

Harry is that you? Wink 
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:50 am

I've only seen the printed interview (although I can imagine the level of dourness). But does anyone have a link to it so I can have a giggle/get depressed?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 am

heystally! wrote:
GodzoneVilla wrote:

How the hell can they put him in front of the camera 2 days before the season starts. What a downbeat, depressed performance. Everyone needs inspiring. How will the team get off to a good start if that dour face, mumbling fool presents himself to the press like that.  Surely he must have bad news 're his position and an impending takeover. Man  two days ago I was looking forward to the season. Now with no Sanchez yet. Vlaar pretty much off, no CEO, nothing concrete about takeover and now this pathetic press conference from Lambert, I am back to the usual feeling with villa. Expectations of dour football, shocking tactics and inept substitutions, brushed with fleeting moments where I dream I might see something that actually excites me (football wise you dirty feckers!)

Harry is that you? Wink 

It did come across that way didn't it! Basically I should have said my expectations took a nose dive:)
The point still stands though.. if he couldn't be more upbeat then should of let Keane do it.
Disclaimer:. Harry's opinion is fine with me he is just an example of what a roller coaster being a villa fan is (mainly down lol )
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:54 am

I would imagine as manager Lambert's job is to motivate and inspire players how in the name of sweet Jesus would Lambert's performance at the press conference inspire or motivate anyone he is the most dour and the most negative looking individual I have ever seen giving a press conference. How would he possibly motivate a team. Its unbelievable how bad he comes across. Please in future give Keane the press conferences
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:01 am

Lambert is so bad he makes McLeish look good
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:03 am

I'm playing devils advocate a bit here guys!!

I remember watching a clip of Lambert at Norwich's end of season awards, he was on the stage with a mic, taking the pee out of the players having a right laugh. Then you see him talking to the media and, well you get what we see, the mumbling dourness.

Could it be he isn't like that with the players? Some sort of comfort zone? Maybe he dislikes media, especially if he has to keep so much to himself about what's going on behind the scenes, I mean would you come across as a media tart if you were keeping secrets, I would expect the best way is to say your piece hope you don't get asked too much, and don't encourage them to come back??

And as for the pressie being uninspiring to the players - I doubt they watch it to be honest, they would talk everyday, they would have had plenty of internal chats about the weekend.

Or maybe it's just the way he's is :-), one things for sure everytime I see him being interviewed I can't understand him, I have to keep rewinding and have the volume up, after 5 attempts give up and wait to see it written down somewhere. Reminds me of when I used to put 888 on to watch Rab c Nesbit :-)
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:17 am

Trotters wrote:I've only seen the printed interview (although I can imagine the level of dourness). But does anyone have a link to it so I can have a giggle/get depressed?

Maybe the club will put it on youtube later today - I agree with others , he looked downbeat , depressed and scruffy and his answers were in my opinion from a man who already knew the game was over .

I was quite shocked by it and I take some shocking - to appear in that manner 2 days before a new season is really not good at all.

Players watch sky sports news a lot - you'd be surprised when news breaks how quick players are to tweet about seeing it on sky sports.
It's not just the players though , fans look to their manager for leadership and he looked to me like a man who had already thrown in the towel before a ball is kicked .

My opinion and I stress it is an opinion at this stage is that a takeover may well be in the latter stages and he has already been told the new owner will not be keeping him on - he  possibly will get a bonus or pay off for seeing the job through until then ?
Just throwing it out there -guys and gals.

Pulis - certainly ahead of lambert by a distance for me but I would prefer someone like Mancini :)

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:54 am

Eastie wrote:
Trotters wrote:I've only seen the printed interview (although I can imagine the level of dourness). But does anyone have a link to it so I can have a giggle/get depressed?

Maybe the club will put it on youtube later today - I agree with others , he looked downbeat , depressed and scruffy and his answers were in my opinion from a man who already knew the game was over .

I was quite shocked by it and I take some shocking - to appear in that manner 2 days before a new season is really not good at all.

Players watch sky sports news a lot - you'd be surprised when news breaks how quick players are to tweet about seeing it on sky sports.
It's not just the players though , fans look to their manager for leadership and he looked to me like a man who had already thrown in the towel before a ball is kicked .

My opinion and I stress it is an opinion at this stage is that a takeover may well be in the latter stages and he has already been told the new owner will not be keeping him on - he  possibly will get a bonus or pay off for seeing the job through until then ?
Just throwing it out there -guys and gals.

Pulis - certainly ahead of lambert by a distance for me  but I would prefer someone like Mancini :)

I would rather Lambert than Mancini! Mancini football is shocking and the players allways fall out with him!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:00 am

Mancini football is shocking- lambert ahead of him?
They finished 2nd and 1st under him scoring goals galore mate - lamberts football is far far worse .

Carlos tevez once fell out with himself shaving in the mirror :)
How many players has lambert ostracised in his time here and according to those players never said a word to explain why?
When it comes to quality of football and man management lambert is miles behind .

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:36 am

Pulis at Stoke the team won when it needed to. Pulis at Palace not only did they win games but they played decent football. Pulis is a clever tactician who biulds teams from the back. He is better than Lambert. Lambert relies on pressure and counter attacking football. Lamberts midfield is always weak. I like Westwood and i like Delph but the two together are just too weak we all knew that after Lamberts first season. What does he buy in his second season strikers and attacking midfielders and due to a row with Lowton plays a winger attacking midfielder at right back. Lambert is a. Poor manager and imo sacking him would will win some fans back
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:49 am

TheLeftSide wrote:I'm playing devils advocate a bit here guys!!

I remember watching a clip of Lambert at Norwich's end of season awards, he was on the stage with a mic, taking the pee out of the players having a right laugh. Then you see him talking to the media and, well you get what we see, the mumbling dourness.

Could it be he isn't like that with the players? Some sort of comfort zone? Maybe he dislikes media, especially if he has to keep so much to himself about what's going on behind the scenes, I mean would you come across as a media tart if you were keeping secrets, I would expect the best way is to say your piece hope you don't get asked too much, and don't encourage them to come back??

And as for the pressie being uninspiring to the players - I doubt they watch it to be honest, they would talk everyday, they would have had plenty of internal chats about the weekend.

Or maybe it's just the way he's is :-), one things for sure everytime I see him being interviewed I can't understand him, I have to keep rewinding and have the volume up, after 5 attempts give up and wait to see it written down somewhere. Reminds me of when I used to put 888 on to watch Rab c Nesbit :-)

Great post and it had crossed my mind that what he's presenting on camera is very different to what's going on in the background.

However, it tends to get nullified when we are hearing this has been his manner for a couple of weeks now.

Oh....and I think the "no loyalty in football" comment was aimed squarely at Lerner. Not Vlaar. Something is afoot.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:03 am

I was really looking forward to the start of the new season. Whilst not being a Lambert fan, realised when dont have much choice for the time being, but my word why a miserable, uninspiring man he really is. There are some good points re what he may be like off camera (I agree) however we as fans need a little motivation too, a little inspiring of our own. Hell he's even abandoned "we'll give it a right good go" and "we go again" something isn't right with Mr Lambert, mark my words.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:38 am

He's got no reason to be so downbeat if his job was safe. He's got a year left on his contract with the added bonus of being able to say he couldn't buy anyone as we're a club for sale. He would also be thinking know one else will want his job so he'd probay get an extension while Lerner's still here.
I'd say something is deffenatly going on behind the scenes.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Lambert and Learner had there talk. Oh wait even the fly could not   understand the mumbling  🤦  Laughing at You
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:12 am

I could have quoted any one of a number of good posts, but it needs to be said time and again until the message gets through.

Message to Lambert …. You're the manager of a great club, try acting like one …. Part of your job is to represent us to the media, so in future (if you still have one) do it properly! …. That downbeat, deadbeat, dishevelled, disinterested, self pitying, scruffy, pathetic display that you gave yesterday was a disgrace and totally unacceptable …. It's your job to motivate and inspire and put bums on seats, not appear like a hungover, bent over, down and out tramp, whining to the world that there's no loyalty in football!

Man up, grow a set, or F*uck off!!!!

Rant over …. I feel better for that.

PS Trotters, I agree that the "no loyalty" comment wasn't aimed at Vlaar, and was probably a Freudian slip escaping in Lerner's direction.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 am

[quote="villabromsgrove"]I could have quoted any one of a number of good posts, but it needs to be said time and again until the message gets through.

Message to Lambert …. You're the manager of a great club, try acting like one …. Part of your job is to represent us to the media, so in future (if you still have one) do it properly! …. That downbeat, deadbeat, dishevelled, disinterested, self pitying, scruffy, pathetic display that you gave yesterday was a disgrace and totally unacceptable …. It's your job to motivate and inspire and put bums on seats, not appear like a hungover, bent over, down and out tramp, whining to the world that there's no loyalty in football!

Man up, grow a set, or F*uck off!!!!

Rant over …. I feel better for that.

PS Trotters, I agree that the "no loyalty" comment wasn't aimed at Vlaar, and was probably a Freudian slip escaping in Lerner's direction. [/quote

jesus if he reads this we will find him on a bench in aston with a brown bag  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 am

Vb - that was a fantastic description - well said !

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 am

Really like everyones optimism by saying a miserable scruffy manager is on his last legs and out of a job soon.

He is miserable as he is isolated, no leadership from Lerner, an ineffective Acting CEO and no money to spend.

His demeanour is more likely due to him being kicked to death by Keane for being a miserable, mummbling scruffy git!

PL knows he must get Carlos and must keep Vlaar and Delph but knows he is struggling and will get dogs abuse from fans at every game.

Dead man walking? Yes, but not for the sack but will resign if it goes wrong. He is in self preservation mode to an extent.
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 am

I cannot see any possibility of him being here in 2 months time - hopefully he won't last anywhere near that long .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next