The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+113
Jae1411
kimbo
BournVilla
MadVillan
goose76
Jim
nitrogen
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
De Kuip
danclare82
jamavfc1
carvillan_1
John2710
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mytitsarebigger
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
B62 Villa
jimmygreaves
AstonThriller
supermon
JCH
Mortimer1982
pcfbavfcoman
Mooseman
phil__
Olofalot
The Utterer
AVit
Wookster
Alpe_DHuez
USVillan
Nightwing
W1ttm4nn
bazzah
Hols
VillaBill
Trezzy
Allthaidup
MinnyVilla
The.slow.divide
GhostDad
The Great white walnut
South London Villan
GaryBerry
villashrew
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DR Peters
Poseidon
Mazrim
Tomy-Flemba
viva_la_amo
Classof13
KMitch
AVFClee
Keyser Soze
Villa.Lion
New Yorke
Billy Walker
whiteensign
TED
Morpheus
LVBrit
tbarrules
Kakacroom
Macca68
Voice of reason
mini_ beest
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
ejs1111
upthevilla76
zxc
UnclePanda
Wigteke
Steveallen79
Withes Sweatbands
Dek of Villa
Olof Mellberg
bruka
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Villarocks666
Jimmycarr
UrmstonVilla
roba19
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
gdav
GadgetMan
lukevilla
TheLeftSide
thinlizzy
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Malandro
VTID85
R1chuk
holtehero
Stratfordvilla
heystally!
Andyh
DN1982
Villa jimmy
Morgan Villa
Heisenberg
banneruk
Villa_Dan
Denis_B
My Old Man
117 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Agree VB quality coaches and a real footballing nous, will do wonders for the current players. throw in an ambitious owner and quality manager and what a difference that would make
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:57 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
jvilla wrote:I'd take another relative unknown if it were Cortese headhunting for us.

He'd be a great CEO.

People are now talking like the new owners will defo be in soon, as well as a new manager  Very Happy 

Just hope we can win our next two games because the September run in is horrible

Just remeber Harry, a lot of the chat on here is specluation. Nothing has changed since what was said on Friday, so don't get too carried away.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Bentitez needs a lot of money and more than I think FFP would allow him to spend. Klinsmann seems very settled in the US and I can't see him swapping LA for Brum.

Moyes has a point to prove and has a track record of working well without spending millions. I would be happy to have him in charge with a long term plan. Not the most exciting but I'd say the most realistic.
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:06 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:Bentitez needs a lot of money and more than I think FFP would allow him to spend. Klinsmann seems very settled in the US and I can't see him swapping LA for Brum.

Moyes has a point to prove and has a track record of working well without spending millions. I would be happy to have him in charge with a long term plan.  Not the most exciting but I'd say the most realistic.

Moyes is the most realistic only if the new owner isn't hugely mega rich .
If we are talking super rich then I think bigger names than moyes would be targeted.

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Eastie wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:Bentitez needs a lot of money and more than I think FFP would allow him to spend. Klinsmann seems very settled in the US and I can't see him swapping LA for Brum.

Moyes has a point to prove and has a track record of working well without spending millions. I would be happy to have him in charge with a long term plan.  Not the most exciting but I'd say the most realistic.

If we are talking super rich then I think bigger names than moyes would be targeted.

I don't think FFP can be dismissed mate. City and PSG have been fined quite heavily and the big clubs are now only meeting the rules because they have so many quality players they can spend for big money. Further breaches wil result in bans. I honestly believe had FFP not been put in place we would have had mega rich owners take us over and break the bank.

But sadly I think that ship has sailed.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I don't think FFP can be dismissed mate. City and PSG have been fined quite heavily and the big clubs are now only meeting the rules because they have so many quality players they can spend for big money. Further breaches wil result in bans. I honestly believe had FFP not been put in place we would have had mega rich owners take us over and break the bank.

But sadly I think that ship has sailed.

I think Saints showed everyone what can be done with some ambition and some nous, only thing they lacked was the will of the owner to see it through - if we can replicate what they did and get an owner on board with ambition, we can make top 4. I feel really sorry for Saints fans, they nearly upset all the odds.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 pm

There are always ways and means around FFP - would be pretty easy to get into the top 8 before even thinking about FFP.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Moyes is scottish and we dont do well with Scottish managers :evil: 

Seriously though, i would be happy with Moyes because he worked wonders at Everton whom are a similar club to us in so many ways. Forget his Manure tenure, thats a completely differing ball game and following Ferguson was never going to work, although you could say he showed a lot of guts and confidence in accepting it.

I think we all agree limitless spending will not happen. 1) Because of FFP and 2) because of the lessons of the past when we were allowed to spend it.

Therefore Moyes is the best person to take us forward. Put in the right infrastructure around him, and i truely believe we would in 5 years time, start reaping the rewards and probably in a position where we can spend more on less players to takes us further.

Its all about steady growth and a broad football structure and goal in place.

I will be happy with that 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Whatever we do, we have to accept that unless we have phenomenal good fortune we will remain a selling club. That applies to any club outside the top four. FFP won't be a problem initially because Villa is a ripe virgin ready for a couple of hefty naming sponsorships.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Anyone know where Randy is? What happened to the trees in the trees at BMH???
banneruk

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:27 pm

My Old Man wrote:

Moyes is scottish and we dont do well with Scottish managers :evil: 

Seriously though, i would be happy with Moyes because he worked wonders at Everton whom are a similar club to us in so many ways. Forget his Manure tenure, thats a completely differing ball game and following Ferguson was never going to work, although you could say he showed a lot of guts and confidence in accepting it.

I think we all agree limitless spending will not happen. 1) Because of FFP and 2) because of the lessons of the past when we were allowed to spend it.

Therefore Moyes is the best person to take us forward. Put in the right infrastructure around him, and i truely believe we would in 5 years time, start reaping the rewards and probably in a position where we can spend more on less players to takes us further.

Its all about steady growth and a broad football structure and goal in place.

I will be happy with that 8) 

I'd be happy with moyes but I think it could be a bigger name eiropean manager .

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Love the optimism on here. No takeover is close orlikely at the moment. We should be worrying what happens in 12 months when Lamberts contract finishes, no sale and no manager
Denis_B
Denis_B

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:28 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Whatever we do, we have to accept that unless we have phenomenal good fortune we will remain a selling club. That applies to any club outside the top four. FFP won't be a problem initially because Villa is a ripe virgin ready for a couple of hefty naming sponsorships.

Thats why we need the proper infrastructure from a top class CEO down to a proper and global scouting system. The manager is limited in what success he can bring without these, and a savy CEO in the modern game is as important as the manager.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Denis_B wrote:Love the optimism on here. No takeover is close orlikely at the moment. We should be worrying what happens in 12 months when Lamberts contract finishes, no sale and no manager

A michael fish moment   cheers  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Denis_B wrote:Love the optimism on here. No takeover is close orlikely at the moment. We should be worrying what happens in 12 months when Lamberts contract finishes, no sale and no manager

Suicide watch Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks for that Denis - made my birthday complete :)

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40