The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+76
De Kuip
MarvelVillan
GodzoneVilla
Wigteke
mickeywya
Heisenberg
danclare82
teale_4
rybear1988
Macca68
bruka
UrmstonVilla
AVFClee
L-M
Villarocks666
villashrew
Wookster
Morpheus
South London Villan
mrshnn
Zidane
Villa jimmy
Mykey38
Withes Sweatbands
MinnyVilla
Trezzy
Tomy-Flemba
thinlizzy
TheLeftSide
Longboy
thetrees
jd
jamavfc1
GhostDad
johnny noodles
heystally!
Morgan Villa
George
Dions_Bald_Head
banneruk
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
villabromsgrove
Malandro
jvilla
Villa1967
Olof Mellberg
SamTaylor123
nabbyy
jeffvilla
Southern Villan
Suits
gdav
lukevilla
Mazrim
kimbo
FtMyers
DN1982
Green Villan
Rawlie
Jae1411
CTVillan
AVit
Fpuppys
RoyRace
Jimmycarr
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Denis_B
R1chuk
Andyh
HarryAVFC
Trotters
Desperate Villan
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
larvin86
GadgetMan
80 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Red Bull Kuntz. Tell me we wouldn't instantly be the most famous sporting name in the galaxy.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Clark played LB a few times also.

HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Hopefully Ki and a couple of wide players will still come in

If Lambert thinks e are fine in midfiled and in the attacking 3rd, we will go down
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Trotters wrote:Red Bull Kuntz. Tell me we wouldn't instantly be the most famous sporting name in the galaxy.

brilliant  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Stevens was signed by Eck tbf And it's possible Richardson could be playing further up the pitch and not as LB at all.

And I'm worried that Trotters thinks "Ryan Bertrand" is a French sounding name  Suspect

In my head, it's pronounced "Rien" as in the Edith Piaff song and "Bear-tron" with that nasally sounding "n".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:08 pm

I think I've already heard a few people cheering for them

"Come on you Kuntz"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Trotters wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Stevens was signed by Eck tbf And it's possible Richardson could be playing further up the pitch and not as LB at all.

And I'm worried that Trotters thinks "Ryan Bertrand" is a French sounding name  Suspect

In my head, it's pronounced "Rien" as in the Edith Piaff song and "Bear-tron" with that nasally sounding "n".

Further evidence you need your head looking at mate  lol! 
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

No offence taken. Laughing 
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Suits wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
omariqy wrote:David Dein would only work for Arsenal in the PL.  That's from the horse's mouth.

Yep, this is true, I heard him say it recently on Talksport. Martin Edwards anyone?

Would be delighted with that mate but knowing Villa it will either be someone obscure or someone like Peter bloody Ridsdale!

Or the twat who wrecked Pompey!

What Harry Redknapp! We know Lerner likes to stick his fingers up to us, i.e. McLeish, but Redknob would take the biscuit.
 tongue 
R1chuk
R1chuk

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Mandaric and Storie I think he's talking about.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Ps Mardy

I'd love to have Houllier back, not sure Lambert would be happy though. Isn't he tied up with RedBull as their sporting director (or something like that?) he could bring Redbull with him, even better.

Yes that's what I meant with the link to takeover rumour...red bull been linked a lot historically haven't they.

And funny you say how unhappy it may make Lambert....wasn't their word earlier that he was walking round yesterday with a face like a smacked arse?

Yes he wasn't a happy chappy at BMH yesterday. Probably told he can't have another FB

He was probably told by Vlaar that he wants out and Randy wouldn't give him all the money.
Bye bye Vlaar, hello Cissokho :cyclops: 
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Looks like the plan is Vlaar to play as he did for Holland but we need to sign him up first
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Denis_B wrote:Looks like the plan is Vlaar to play as he did for Holland but we need to sign him up first

id say hes defo going mate, why so long in deciding?? he must of spoken to the club by now

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm

same goes for Delph though.

What the hell is going on with those 2 ?
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Andyh wrote:same goes for Delph though.

What the hell is going on with those 2 ?

if we loose vlaar and don't replace him with someone very decent, with pl experience, were focked at the back. and we wont get someone very decent with pl experience coz we aint got a focking pot to piss in and we only pay just above minimum wage.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Trotters wrote:It's not a bad team but Westwood makes it too soft in the centre. The lad is a lightweight. Ok when he has the ball as he can pass it about but actually getting the ball asking his game.

And, for me, Grealish has to get a run. He seems to want the ball, to move for it and that encourages others to do the he same. He can change the pace of the game.

So if Cole is out - and we've seen little/nothing of him - then stick Grealish in.

Not sure whether Grealish has the physical strength to enable him to play central at the moment. Think he will be ideal coming in from wide, but in the centre?

Gardner would be a better choice centrally. Hes bigger and stronger than westwood already.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Desperate Villan wrote:Gents have you thought that if we are buying yet another defender Vlaar has to be gone???

didn't wanna say it but yes I have, I honestly think he is going

Senderos for Vlaar then if that happens I guess...still a better looking defence than Vlaar/Baker/Clark....no?

The way Lambert has set up pre-season, hes set on three at the back. Okore/Vlaar/Senderos, which i am happy about because both Okore and Vlaar were in the process of building a good pairing before Okores unfortunate injury. We cant be sure that he will do the same with Senderos or the other two, because they are all prone to making mistakes.

We really need to hold Vlaar to that contract because if we do, it willn ot only give everyone a lift to know he is staying, but give us half a chance. If the Back is strong, then the rest is easier to remedy.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:21 pm

We can't be playing 5 at the back. We are dire when we play it. Played it on Tuesday night for 45 mins and never seen such a dire performance. Guzan just kept getting passed back to and hoofed it

4 at the back second half we were much better
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:23 pm

we have no balance with it. Midfield gets over run and we have no quality in the final 3rd
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:26 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Desperate Villan wrote:Gents have you thought that if we are buying yet another defender Vlaar has to be gone???

Senderos for Vlaar then if that happens I guess...still a better looking defence than Vlaar/Baker/Clark....no?

The way Lambert has set up pre-season, hes set on three at the back. Okore/Vlaar/Senderos, which i am happy about because both Okore and Vlaar were in the process of building a good pairing before Okores unfortunate injury. We cant be sure that he will do the same with Senderos or the other two, because they are all prone to making mistakes.

We really need to hold Vlaar to that contract because if we do, it willn ot only give everyone a lift to know he is staying, but give us half a chance. If the Back is strong, then the rest is easier to remedy.

I find it interesting that not only did Vlaar not play in Holland, didn't play at Walsall either. if he doesn't play Saturday, almost certainly going because there;'s a serious deal on the table..... meanwhile he's now had no game time in virtually a month.

From his point of view, the best time is now either to get a good new contract, or to find a new club.

However I don't see him going to Italy unless its a shitload more wages than he can get here (rumoured 45-50k at Villa if he signs). Big ass house move, language problem for him and his fam etc. So, unless ManU come in, where's he going to go? SFC was never a real option imo.

On the flipside, he can afford to wait, to see if a new owner comes in which case his wages could go up in a reneg anytime in the next 11 months, and also because being out of contract next summer, means he can demand significantly bigger wages wherever he might end up.

PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:29 pm

PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I find it interesting that not only did Vlaar not play in Holland, didn't play at Walsall either.  if he doesn't play Saturday, almost certainly going because there;'s a serious deal on the table.....  meanwhile he's now had no game time in virtually a month.

From his point of view, the best time is now either to get a good new contract, or to find a new club.

However I don't see him going to Italy unless its a shitload more wages than he can get here (rumoured 45-50k at Villa if he signs).  Big ass house move, language problem for him and his fam etc.  So, unless ManU come in, where's he going to go?  SFC was never a real option imo.

On the flipside, he can afford to wait, to see if a new owner comes in which case his wages could go up in a reneg anytime in the next 11 months, and also because being out of contract next summer, means he can demand significantly bigger wages wherever he might end up.

The guy needs a rest. he will play on Saturday
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 pm

So any news today?
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:58 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:

We played 3 at the back 1st half against Walsall and were very poor.

2nd half was 4-4-2 and the players looked a lot more comfortable.

Vlaar (if he stays) played with better players at the World Cup and look what happened and with Okore alongside him I think they will be a very strong defensive pairing.

If we can sign a holding midfielder I think Lambert will play a 4-4-2 diamond formation like he preferred at Norwich, with Cole (if fit) of N'Zogbia at the top of the diamond.

It's only pre-season but based on what I saw of Delph against Walsall on Tuesday if he has a holding midfielder behind him and can have more of a license to drive forward, he will score 6-8 goals next season and get an England call-up before the end of the year.

It's vital we get him signed up quick because now he's injury free (touch wood) he looks every inch the player we thought we were getting.
RoyRace
RoyRace

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:01 pm

I agree with most of that Roy 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 pm

If it's true about MON leaving because of Milner then i can see the same happenig If Vlaar goes Lambert walks out on us like MON did a few days before the start of the season (might not be so bad) Keane replaces Lambert with cowans as an assistant manager, but who the hell would stand in for Vlaar! Gabby/Bent have both failled as captains in the past, maybe Guzan or Delph (if he stays) or even cole (if he's fit to play this coming season). Who knows! we've all been clutching at straws these last few months with no signs of any progress, just when you start to see the light someone turns the life support machine back on and it's back to acoma.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next