The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The non-villa transfer thread.

+15
Wigteke
mDigital
roba19
switters
Trotters
thegaffer6
EbeneezerGoode
nabbyy
VillaBill
My Old Man
KMitch
Green Villan
Morpheus
Jim
Villa_Dan
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The non-villa transfer thread. Empty The non-villa transfer thread.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Liverpool complete deal to sign Rickie Lambert. That Southampton side is being decimated.

From Sky. wrote:Liverpool have completed the signing of England striker Rickie Lambert from Southampton for a fee believed to be around £4m.

Lambert is currently in Miami with the England World Cup squad but completed a medical and agreed personal terms with Liverpool over the weekend.

The 32-year-old told the club's website: "I can't believe it. I've loved this club all my life. I left here 17 years ago - and I haven't stopped loving it since.

"I have always dreamt of playing for Liverpool, but I did kind of think the chance of playing for them had gone. I didn't think the chance would come.

Read more here

Back to top Go down

The non-villa transfer thread. Empty Re: The non-villa transfer thread.

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Southampton could really struggle next season.

Although one paper is claiming they're gonna get Koeman and give him £50M to spend. But if they lost Shaw, Lallana and Lovren, added to losing Poch and now Lambert, and possibly Rodriguez, would £50M really replace them all? Worrying times for their fans
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The non-villa transfer thread. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Very worrying. You can lose one or two players (as we have learned over the years) and get by more or less unscathed by making a good signing or changing the way you play.

But, start to lose three and four of your top players and you can collapse like we did after Milner, followed by Downing and Young. We coped without Barry, in 98/99 we coped without Yorke. When our whole midfield was sold a few years ago we became relegation fodder overnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Yes the wheels are coming off at saints - will be interesting to see who takes over as boss there .
Will they spend their incoming transfer cash ?
I think they have a decent team still but certainly cannot see them making the top 8 - if I was their owner I'd be looking at laudrup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:56 pm

I guess the thing about Saints is they will always find it hard to build on a top ten place because the sharks will always draw their best players away. Same is probably true of Swansea. If we ever get back up there we'd have a better chance as we are still a big club with potential to grow further if somebody could just friggin' harness it properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Fabregas on the way back? From Irish Independent

Although Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has claimed Fabregas is not for sale, it is understood a £30m price tag has been put on the Spaniard’s head and circulated to clubs who may be interested.

Former club Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United have all been informed of the availability of Fabregas.

United claim they are not currently considering making a renewed bid for Fabregas, but Arsenal, City and Chelsea are keen to be kept informed of his situation.

Fabregas is preparing himself for the fact he will be forced out of Barca and is interested in a move back to the Premier League.

Arsenal have a buy-back option on Fabregas as part of the deal that saw him return to Barcelona in 2011, but that is dependent on the 27-year-old informing the Spanish club that he wants to go back to the Emirates.

City are ready to target Fabregas as a replacement for Yaya Toure if the Ivory Coast midfielder cannot be convinced to stay at Eastlands.

Fabregas is four years younger than Toure and would count as a home-grown player under Financial Fair Play rules, having first joined Arsenal as a 16-year-old.

His £100,000-a-week wages are also significantly lower than Toure’s, which would also benefit City’s FFP situation.

City were fined £49m, £32m of which is suspended, and can only name a 21-man Champions League squad next season after failing FFP rules.

Arsenal have no such FFP worries and will make a move for Fabregas if a rival Premier League club tries to sign him.

Manager Arsene Wenger needs at least one striker, a physical midfielder, a right-back and a deputy goalkeeper but would be reluctant to stand back and allow Fabregas to return to England to anywhere but Arsena
l.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:29 pm

I missed this transfer, I am sure you all heard of this one?

WBA sign Craig Gardner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Good move for a Gardner, playing for the club he supported as a kid

as for Southampton, theyve always been one of those clubs that never bothered me, like Everton & Fulham, but after meeting some of their fans at villa park when Rodriguez dived that pen, id happily see them get relegated back to league 1, arrogant wank stains.
Jim
Jim

The non-villa transfer thread. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 pm

Fabregas has signed for Chelsea. Cracking signing for them and an obvious replacement for Lampard.
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3900839/title/fabregas-signs-for-chelsea
Morpheus
Morpheus

The non-villa transfer thread. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Morpheus wrote:Fabregas has signed for Chelsea. Cracking signing for them and an obvious replacement for Lampard.
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3900839/title/fabregas-signs-for-chelsea

Great signing for them. Chelsea are going to be a serious title challenger next season. It's really hard to see an easy way back for United as of now. If Liverpool strengthen it'll be difficult for United to break back into the top four imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Fabregas has signed for Chelsea. Cracking signing for them and an obvious replacement for Lampard.

Great signing for them. Chelsea are going to be a serious title challenger next season. It's really hard to see an easy way back for United as of now. If Liverpool strengthen it'll be difficult for United to break back into the top four imo.

Sweet, borrox to Manure, on a plus side I'm buzzing to see Cesc back in the prem', I'm a massive Cesc fan.
Green Villan
Green Villan

The non-villa transfer thread. 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 am

Transfer Rumour update courtesy of an unusual source! From the Bath Chronicle

Bath Chronicle wrote:Romelu Lukaku, 21, looks to be on his way out of Chelsea for German side Wolfsburg. The striker scored 15 Premier League goals while on loan at Everton, and Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs has said a move might be on the cards, if the price is right.

Manchester United are trailing Barcelona midfielder Alex Song and Bayern Munich's Bastian Scweinsteiger although a move for PSG's Edinson Cavani looks to have broken down. Attentions have turned to Schweinsteiger after failing to sign Thomas Muller, 24, and the club are said to be put off by Cavani's £300,000 weekly wage demands.

Real Sociedad forward Carlos Vela is on the verge of returning to Arsenal after he left the North London club in 2012.

Meanwhile Arsene Wenger is said to be keeping tabs on Croatia forward Mario Mandzukic at the World Cup, who Arsenal have been linked with for some time.

Read more: http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Premier-League-transfer-news/story-21231438-detail/story.html?#ixzz34VPQV7py
Read more at http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Premier-League-transfer-news/story-21231438-detail/story.html?#B20YrubZvq24AegJ.99

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Lallana completes move to Liverpool for £25million, and then says he was hoping he wouldn't be at Southampton this season

Way to thank the club that built you into the player you are today Adam

Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Have Southampton even bought anyone?

If Lukaku goes to Wolfsburg I think he'll net 20+ goals as they have some decent squad players.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Liverpool and Barca representatives in talks over Suarez in London.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:30 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Liverpool and Barca representatives in talks over Suarez in London.

£55million + Sanchez the rumoured fee, that's a great deal for Liverpool

Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Jim wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Liverpool and Barca representatives in talks over Suarez in London.

£55million + Sanchez the rumoured fee, that's a great deal for Liverpool

Another paper is saying Sanchez has no interest in joining Liverpool
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The non-villa transfer thread. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:44 pm

To be fair, ive been to Barcelona, the whole city, with the sagrada familia, the nou camp, the Antonio gaudi park, the waterfront & the weather, it is, by a mile the best place I have ever been too, why would you swap that to go to Merseyside and be told how great Liverpool is on a hourly basis and worrying about if your cars alright on the car park during the game
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Just seen a mention on sky sports news that Messi may not be happy at Barca and be looking to leave.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 pm

West ham closing in on Ecuador striker Enner Valencia for £12million

Only recently turned pro, 24 years old, never played in Europe and only started playing as a striker before the world cup.

Exactly the sort of player you should avoid signing just because he scored 3 goals in a world cup.
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 am

Jim wrote:West ham closing in on Ecuador striker Enner Valencia for £12million

Only recently turned pro, 24 years old, never played in Europe and only started playing as a striker before the world cup.

Exactly the sort of player you should avoid signing just because he scored 3 goals in a world cup.

Not going to lie, Fat Sam has a good eye for a player, but he regularly overpays for his good buys and 9/10 of his cheaper options from abroad are major duds. Every once in a while you'll see him pull off a major coup to get a player (like the two Italians last year), only for them to struggle to adapt to Fat Sam's primitive style. West Ham would actually be a half decent team, with a manager who knew how to play modern football at the helm. That whole squad seems very Martin O'Neillish with a little bit of European flair sprinkled in it. Allardyce would be a great Director of Football...
KMitch
KMitch

The non-villa transfer thread. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:37 am

Looks like Ballotelli is back in the Prem. Arsenal for 15.8 Million.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:49 am

Seems lescott is unsettled at the Albion - reports of broken promises to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Eastie wrote:Seems lescott is unsettled at the Albion - reports of broken promises to him.
Got a linky thingy matey ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:08 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:Seems lescott is unsettled at the Albion - reports of broken promises to him.
Got a linky thingy matey ?
Got one.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/west-brom-albion/news/lescott-unsettled-at-west-brom_165760.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next