The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Summer Transfer Thread

+87
GhostDad
Army villain
Zidane
Villa1967
B62 Villa
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
kimbo
Government Agencey
KMitch
Mr Beast
De Kuip
marcxc1983
Voice of reason
viva_la_amo
Saunders82
CoE82
Alpe_DHuez
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
Wookster
belizevillan
Notsa
clarryblue
pooligan
FoxyAV
Kakacroom
AVit
Aesorian
gdav
Nightwing
Malandro
roba19
Daniel1Avfc
Jae1411
PongosPointofView
W1ttm4nn
Hols
Poseidon
Mr Jones
Southern Villan
Andyh
New Yorke
Villa jimmy
ember
nabbyy
Leafs1201
Mooseman
RoyRace
villashrew
R1chuk
lukevilla
MinnyVilla
Tomy-Flemba
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Olof Mellberg
larvin86
bruka
danclare82
GodzoneVilla
mefromhere
achilles
Morgan Villa
HarryAVFC
Olofalot
GadgetMan
switters
Davidvilla73
Dek of Villa
thegaffer6
Green Villan
ejs1111
jeffvilla
Jim
villabromsgrove
Trotters
VillaBill
Denis_B
Wigteke
jvilla
Morpheus
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
pcfbavfcoman
USVillan
Mazrim
My Old Man
91 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Summer Transfer Thread Empty The Summer Transfer Thread

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:27 am

Dont like that word options because it means he is ready to consider a move away from VP.

So its Senderos/Clark/baker..

Nightmares dont come any better than that trio.
My Old Man
My Old Man

The Summer Transfer Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

The Summer Transfer Thread Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Mazrim Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 am

I don't blame Vlaar at all for considering his options. We don't know the future of our club so why should he feel any more inclined to sign up for several more years. His stock is high now and this will be his last major move.

If Villa are smart they'll just refuse anything but stupid money and let him run his contract out if he wont sign another.
Mazrim
Mazrim

The Summer Transfer Thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:13 am

My Old Man wrote:Dont like that word options because it means he is ready to consider a move away from VP.
Well what's he supposed to say? "Er, well, no one's really come in yet with anything, so I'll just wait til I sit down with Paul."

The guy's about to begin contract negotiations with Villa. Not a strong negotiating standpoint if you basically say "I have no other options," you know? He's going to have options as it is...but you can't fault him for not saying that Villa's all he's going to have.

If Villa offer him his current salary plus half a loaf of rye bread, he's going to consider a move away. If Villa are prepared to pay him better, he might stay. If ManU want to pay him, and Villa, through the nose, he's gone.

I can't believe there's still a month of this shit...
USVillan

The Summer Transfer Thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:58 am

USVillan wrote:
My Old Man wrote:Dont like that word options because it means he is ready to consider a move away from VP.
Well what's he supposed to say? "Er, well, no one's really come in yet with anything, so I'll just wait til I sit down with Paul."

The guy's about to begin contract negotiations with Villa. Not a strong negotiating standpoint if you basically say "I have no other options," you know? He's going to have options as it is...but you can't fault him for not saying that Villa's all he's going to have.

If Villa offer him his current salary plus half a loaf of rye bread, he's going to consider a move away. If Villa are prepared to pay him better, he might stay. If ManU want to pay him, and Villa, through the nose, he's gone.

I can't believe there's still a month of this shit...
Love the transfer window, not. Awful time for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:17 am

What ever happens with Vlaar, the only thing that matters is the best deal for Aston Villa, read somewhere that Lambert would fight off any Southampton deal, but if Man shite Ure come in, well, tell you what Lambert, if Southampton offer 14 mill, tell Man shite Ure they can have him for 15mill, do what is best for AVFC, not Vlaar, but AVFC end off.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 am

United are going in for Hummels and Vertongen, can't see Vlaar being an option despite the LVG link.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The Summer Transfer Thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 am

Villa_Dan wrote:United are going in for Hummels and Vertongen, can't see Vlaar being an option despite the LVG link.

If he does go to saints it will be the connection with his old boss koeman at feyenoord that would maybe swing it for them as well as the cash - I guess we will know more when he comes back to the uk.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

If we sell him to Southampton i will not be amused. With the players they have sold they run the risk of struggling this season and we need as many teams struggling as possible to improve our chances as things stand. The last thing we should be doing is selling our captain to a team we could be battling against in the lower reaches.

Obviously if the Europa league teams like Man Utd (sorry couldn't resist Laughing) come calling then no doubt we would cave in but not a direct potential rival surely to goodness?!  :evil: 
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 am

Gun to the club's head time by Vlaar.

His stock is high and both he and his agent know it. Vlaar will be looking for a long term contract of at least four years with wages and bonuses to match for family security and we'd all do the same.

However, are we as a club in the position at the moment to offer a injury prone centre half that type of deal when our chairman has previously had his fingers burnt and is looking to sell the club?

I have previously stated that I didn't think he would go to anyone outside the top six but having thought about it a bid of 10m might be too hard to turn down if Lambert is given the fee to replace Vlaar with a younger and fitter version.

Morpheus
Morpheus

The Summer Transfer Thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:42 am

Could we scrape by without Vlaar? We have before when he was injured, plus we have Okore and Senderos as back-up and you would hope a Vlaar replacement to come also. It adds a lot of uncertainty but not necessarily end of the world scenario. If Man u come good luck to him.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:42 am

Morpheus wrote:Gun to the club's head time by Vlaar.

His stock is high and both he and his agent know it. Vlaar will be looking for a long term contract of at least four years with wages and bonuses to match for family security and we'd all do the same.

However, are we as a club in the position at the moment to offer a injury prone centre half that type of deal when our chairman has previously had his fingers burnt and is looking to sell the club?

I have previously stated that I didn't think he would go to anyone outside the top six but having thought about it a bid of 10m might be too hard to turn down if Lambert is given the fee to replace Vlaar with a younger and fitter version.

If lerner does give him a big new deal it hopefully will be a new owner paying the wages soon - it's all very much down to Vlaar , does he see his deal out and assess things in a year ?
His stock is high after the World Cup , another season of injury worries and he might not be in demand next summer - it could go any of 3 ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 am

Agree Eastie although in as much as Vlaar has to look after himself then so does the club.

An offer of 8m-10m for an injury prone defender who originally cost less than half that might be too hard to turn down for the club and we may just have seen the best of him before more injuries take affect.

Lambert would have to be given all of the fee to replace him though to ease the pain.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am

My worry is that with Vlaar we don't just get his defending, but his leadership. We've seen how lost the defence looks without him marshaling it and Okore is promising but young.

Would we convince a player who could replace him to come to a club in flux, who won't pay above average wages?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Morpheus wrote:Lambert would have to be given all of the fee to replace him though to ease the pain.

Thats the problem though, will Lambert receive any of the fee received and then does he spend it wholly on a replacement or spread the cash throughout the squad because its so weak?

Factor in that any money he does get will have to accommodate wages (though he will save on Vlaars) and the amount we are likely to receive, then it restricts the calibre of player we are able to bring in. I can not see us breaking our wage structure set by Lerner whilst he remains.

Then we have Lamberts ability in finding a bargain replacement, which has been pretty hit and miss so far. Much better to hold Vlaar to the final 12 months and in the meantime prey Lerner sods off quickly.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

Express and Star linking us to Scott Sinclair if we fail in getting Moses or Atsu in on loan. Personally, i would have Sinclair over Moses all day long, but hey..
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 am

My Old Man wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Lambert would have to be given all of the fee to replace him though to ease the pain.

Thats the problem though, will Lambert receive any of the fee received and then does he spend it wholly on a replacement or spread the cash throughout the squad because its so weak?

Factor in that any money he does get will have to accommodate wages (though he will save on Vlaars) and the amount we are likely to receive, then it restricts the calibre of player we are able to bring in. I can not see us breaking our wage structure set by Lerner whilst he remains.

Then we have Lamberts ability in finding a bargain replacement, which has been pretty hit and miss so far. Much better to hold Vlaar to the final 12 months and in the meantime prey Lerner sods off quickly.

I agree with this ^^

It would give us some decent defensive stability for the season ahead and as & when a new owner came in he may even to then sit down with Vlaar and thrash out a good new deal with the promise of a much more successful situation at the club upcoming...well hopefully at least... Or at least help ensure our safety for the season when we could look to replace him properly next summer.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Vlaar might negate all of that though if either we can't offer him what he wants or he simply wants to go to a better deal elsewhere.

Personally if it was me I'd take advantage after a fantastic World Cup than wait another season when there are so many variables that could happen to make me less appealing to any prospective buyers.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Can't see Vlaar throwing toys out of the pram, doesn't seem in his character, especially as the captain and an example to his team mates. I imagine if Villa say stay then leave on a free, he will.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm

jvilla wrote:Can't see Vlaar throwing toys out of the pram, doesn't seem in his character, especially as the captain and an example to his team mates. I imagine if Villa say stay then leave on a free, he will.

Agreed, Vlaar seems professional at all times. It could be, like Barry, that we ask him to give us 12 months and then either sign a new contract with new owners, or take his pick of clubs as he'll be going for free
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm

jvilla wrote:Can't see Vlaar throwing toys out of the pram, doesn't seem in his character, especially as the captain and an example to his team mates. I imagine if Villa say stay then leave on a free, he will.

Thank you yoda  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm

My Old Man wrote:Express and Star linking us to Scott Sinclair if we fail in getting Moses or Atsu in on loan. Personally, i would have Sinclair over Moses all day long, but hey..

Agree with this! Sinclair over Moses
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:22 pm

I suppose guys you are talking about loyalty and whilst you would hope that our players would show some i'm not sure there is too much of it left in today's game.

Maybe i'm being a tad too cynical but if there is a better long term offer on the table then Vlaar will put himself and his family first ahead of any club.

However i would hope that we can entice him to stay with a sensible offer of our own as i want to see how the Vlaar/Okore partnership might develop but I fear he will go.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Pete Colley saying the Ki dea lstill alive on Twatter
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Wigteke wrote:
My Old Man wrote:Express and Star linking us to Scott Sinclair if we fail in getting Moses or Atsu in on loan. Personally, i would have Sinclair over Moses all day long, but hey..

Agree with this! Sinclair over Moses

Me too - I'd also be happy for his girlfriend helen flanagan to sit next to me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Oh yay. The usual Scott Sinclair to Villa link that pops up every window.

Can't wait to see everyone salivate when we're linked to James Milner next week.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next