The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

+45
Sceptical Villan
BournVilla
Tomy-Flemba
Cha Ching
Thinman
VDOG
SCATTERBAD
Aesorian
Steveallen79
mDigital
Macca68
Ron Dalian
Lee hendries tan
Mazrim
Wookster
Hornso
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
GadgetMan
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Diablo
pooligan
Shifnal Villa
tonyp
Billy No Mates
Nix999
Rattler
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Jimmyrimmer
Andy_Villa
Bertie
prmort
Villanz
Dotcomsimon
mefromhere
VillaBill
LVBrit
One Little Bit
heykey89
CTVillan
TJVillan
switters
villabromsgrove
Kill@r33
Morgan Villa
49 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Predictions for the Tigers

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 I_vote_lcap49%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]
The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 I_vote_lcap24%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 10 ]
The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 I_vote_lcap27%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 41

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:31 pm

I really think Ashley Westwood will become a top top player, hopefully with the villa.

Back to top Go down

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

Post by VTID85 Sat May 03, 2014 11:42 pm

There was some fire in that Villa team today and it was great to see, long overdue. Not a performance to set the world alight but one that was crucially significant. Bowery was the stand-out player for me - he could have easily dropped out of the game after the Hull equalizer but he kept his head up and was integral to the fight.

Anyone spy any ten-gallon cowboy hats moseying round at Villa Park today?
VTID85

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 11:52 pm

I feel guilty for having given Bowery stick over the time. He played like he had a point to prove and did really well.

Although I did wish it was benteke running at the defenders about half way through the 2nd half before blasting the shot high and wide.

Bowery did well today in not an easy game. Well done that man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 am

Bowery looked good, maybe a winger... and not a striker his cross was top draw for the second goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:41 am

I just think there are too many out and out strikers in the squad Why did he buy Kozak? Weimann and Gabby are makeshift wingers, both are good through the middle and good competition/support for Benteke. 

The Kozak money should have gone on either a proper winger for a good playmaker. I think our abundance of striking power is what has led to such strange decisions as the 4-1-5 against Bradford!

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun May 04, 2014 4:10 am

Not going to lie, when I saw J-Bows come on for Gabby, I feared the absolute worst, and was completely deflated after the equalizer. I thought it would be the start of Hull hammering us and I'll admit that I was completely shocked when Andi knocked in his first. Glad to see why Lambert bought Bowery and continued to give him minutes on the pitch. Had a great game today and his cross for Weimann's second was exquisite. I think his performance today was well worth the washing machine and bag of crisps we traded for him. lol... Actually looking forward to him getting some minutes against Man City and Spurs now.
KMitch
KMitch

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 4:33 am

Don't laugh, KMitch, but I actually fancy us to come away from both games with something other than an absolute hammering. The Spurzzzzz game is winnable. And Bowery took me by surprise as well. Quality performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 9:20 am

I am pleased we won and secured our Place in the prem but I am not celebrating.  That we have come to this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 9:29 am

I am pleased we won and secured our Place in the prem but I am not celebrating.  That we have come to this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sun May 04, 2014 9:44 am

AndyD wrote:Bowery looked good, maybe a winger... and not a striker his cross was top draw for the second goal.

He looked good all round for me, i think given a run in the team and he would turn into a great player. A few of his shots looked fairly decent as well. Can run at players. His weakness is running onto balls he is not very quick and this imo is why he has looked so poor in other matches.
Morgan Villa

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaStarringBrockLesnar Sun May 04, 2014 9:58 am

The composure Bowery showed when delivering the cross for Weimann's second goal was nothing short of impressive.

We should start him in the next two games in order to instill him withfurther confidence.

Fair play to Gabby, too; he went down injured as soon as Westwood hit the goal. I think he cramped up/pulled a hamstring going on that run.

Hope all of you chaps are well. :)
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
VillaStarringBrockLesnar

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by erdingtonb24 Sun May 04, 2014 10:01 am

Did anyone else notice Weinman giving it the big un to the fans when he scored as if to say your not moaning now.well thanks Andy cos you've done fuck all since the day you signed your deal,get on with it and be thankfully you play for fans who have been more than patient with you and deserve more than your mocking.
erdingtonb24

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sun May 04, 2014 10:27 am

erdingtonb24 wrote:Did anyone else notice Weinman  giving it the big un to the fans when he scored as if to say your not moaning now.well thanks Andy cos you've done fuck all since the day you signed your deal,get on with it and be thankfully you play for fans who have been more than patient with you and deserve more than your mocking.

I think he suffered because Lowton and CNZ have not played this season, last season there link up attacking play is what made Villa look good, and they supplied a lot of balls into Benteke to score all of those goals.

His reaction was a bit over the top considering he has only scored 5 in 37 this season, next season he will have to improve because i dont think he will have anywhere to hide.  

All of that to one side those two goals yesterday were worth ten so well done Andi but lets see more of that throughout the season next year

Last edited by AndyD on Sun May 04, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote error :))
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 am

I don't care if Weimann does a Robbie Fowler snorting coke celebration as long as he's banging them in for us. Great display from the lad yesterday but well overdue. It's not rocket science that playing in the center is his preferred position, he's scored for us nearly every time Lambert's decided to play him there!

As for Bowery I too was very surprised but was behind him 100%. I heard a chap behind me slagging him off just as he put the ball in for our third goal. Felt good to be able to turn around with a smug grin on my face.

Last edited by Tomy-Flemba on Sun May 04, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Bowery was the real surprise package yesterday. He is a strong fellah isn't he? I hold my hands up, I have never rated him and I was wrong. When he came on at home to Cardiff I thought he was terrible. He seemed to lack vision and skill. We were attacking late on with Benteke unmarked and Bowery hadn't the skill or vision to play him in.

But fair play to him, he proved he has it yesterday and here's hoping he keeps it up. And, credit to the manager for sticking with him too.

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Whether Bowery's shots were on target or not was somewhat irrelevant - sure, more accuracy is always going to be preferred, but he helped apply a lot more pressure on the Hull back end that they wouldn't have expected from him. I like Gabby, don't get me wrong, but the upside of him going off is we put an unknown quantity amidst the Hull defence and any tactical training they'd done based on the usual Villa output was thrown up in the air.

If Bowery could consistently be that kind of trouble-maker, he could make himself quite an interesting resource.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun May 04, 2014 2:53 pm

I had my doubts as I took my seat and saw the 5-3-2 line up, but Baker probably had his best game all season for us , special mention for Bowery , he could be a player on yesterdays evidence !
Apart from Huddelstone though , I thought Hull were very ordinary , a thoroughly deserved victory !
We played with more width and a much higher tempo ! I didn't stay for the lap of dishonour but the lads did us proud yesterday !
Lamberts claret & blue army was not chanted once, the writing is on the wall for him !
UTV !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun May 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Gabby going off actually meant Wiemann played centrally by accident not design , but was it a coincidence that a CENTRE FORWARD scored when he played CENTRALLY ?
Gabby & Andi are not wide players , I hope we never see 4-3-3 again !
Klinsmann should play the classic 2-3-5 formation !  Bash
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 4:53 pm

As others say we have:

Tekkers
Kozak
Andi
Gabby
Bowery
Robinson
Holt?

All are centre forwards so why play one CENTRE forward and two out of position?

Would make more sense to play a 3-5-2 imo. Using the wing backs as the width and playing two forwards in the centre?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 5:09 pm

I just don't know why Kozak and Helenious were signed? I reckon those deals must have been in place before it became clear that Benteke would stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:I just don't know why Kozak and Helenious were signed? I reckon those deals must have been in place before it became clear that Benteke would stay.

I reckon Kozak was signed as back-up for Benteke and a replacement for when he was to leave.
Maybe Lambert had already decided by then that he didn't like the look of Helenius and he wouldn't be ready this season.
There was something posted on Twitter recently by his agent and mentioned Helenius training hard and putting on weight.
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Mon May 05, 2014 11:56 am

I am sure i read somewhere that Helenius does not get on with the players
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm

I have heard that Helenius has the worst attitude ever seen at the Villa , he hasn't been near the first team squad for a while, defo something amiss ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next