The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

+45
Sceptical Villan
BournVilla
Tomy-Flemba
Cha Ching
Thinman
VDOG
SCATTERBAD
Aesorian
Steveallen79
mDigital
Macca68
Ron Dalian
Lee hendries tan
Mazrim
Wookster
Hornso
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
GadgetMan
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Diablo
pooligan
Shifnal Villa
tonyp
Billy No Mates
Nix999
Rattler
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Jimmyrimmer
Andy_Villa
Bertie
prmort
Villanz
Dotcomsimon
mefromhere
VillaBill
LVBrit
One Little Bit
heykey89
CTVillan
TJVillan
switters
villabromsgrove
Kill@r33
Morgan Villa
49 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Predictions for the Tigers

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap49%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]
The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap24%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 10 ]
The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 I_vote_lcap27%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 41

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

Post by Macca68 Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 pm

What was the lap of 'appreciation' like?
Macca68

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

Post by Thinman Sat May 03, 2014 5:25 pm

No reason for Lambert to remain one second more.
Thinman
Thinman

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Sat May 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Agreed, was concerned when I saw Bowery coming on. But credit where due an excellent performance from him today.
LVBrit

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

The lad had a point to prove, I guess. Sounds like he achieved that today. Fair do's.

Back to top Go down

Post by VDOG Sat May 03, 2014 5:33 pm

really loving this buzz im getting from us again,ive missed it
VDOG
VDOG

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Sat May 03, 2014 5:36 pm

They actually played as if they all had a point to prove. I think we should all just enjoy today and see what the next few weeks brings.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Macca68 wrote:What was the lap of 'appreciation' like?

I reckon very few will have stayed for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 5:47 pm

I am bloody chuffed that we won today. Now then, let's see what happens in the next few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 5:48 pm

I am relieved. Survival should be the very bare minimum expectation, we have to break this cycle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:
Macca68 wrote:What was the lap of 'appreciation' like?

I reckon very few will have stayed for it
I waited downstairs for friends who wanted to see it and so I reckon many stayed behind afterwards. Not that I think the players deserved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Sat May 03, 2014 5:58 pm

All that mattered today was the result .Thankfully we got it
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sat May 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Great result and it really looked like a TEAM performance. Nobody shirked the challenge today.
Tactically the first 70 minutes were great. We were almost authors of our own downfall after that though as we sat back (all too familiar) and conceded too much possession to Hull. If they had managed to score during that period, it would have been a very nervy ending as Bowery had almost run himself to a standstill by the end.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotcomsimon Sat May 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Great (and much needed) result today! Atmosphere was great in the Holte end, Stood up for the whole game! Been a while since I done that.
Also felt the team started to relax a bit after 70 odd minutes and though if Hull had of scored with 20 to go nerves may have set in
Stayed for the lap of appreciation too - Not too bad in the Holte end, other stands seemed a bit bare but nonetheless we are safe now and hopefully the players can really have a go at Man city and Spurs.
Also did anyone recall singing 'Paul Lamberts claret and blue army'? I don't think we did

Ok time to sell up and invest in quality now UTV Very Happy Very Happy
Dotcomsimon
Dotcomsimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sat May 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Got back from the Villa about half hour ago with beers in hand. Gonna enjoy watching MOTD tonight.

Players Ratings:

Guzan: 7 - Solid game, nothing he could do for the goal and a crucial save at 1.1.

Lowton: 6 - Defended well and didn't get caught out by venturing too far forward.

Baker: 8 - A rock today. Much better display capped with his never say die attitude for the 2nd goal.

Vlaar: 7 - Solid no nonsense display. Did everything asked of him.

Clark: 7 - Decent display. One or two dodgy moments but largely untroubled.

Albrighton: 7 - Battled hard. Not his best game but always in support and willing to chase down opposing players.

Westwood: 7 - Very good game, supported the defence well and a very well taken goal.

Delph: 8 - Back to his best form. Absolutely everywhere and for a small lad he doesn't get shaken off the ball easily.

Bertrand: 7 - Decent display going forward. Linked up well with the forwards.

Agbonlahor: 6 - Unlucky to go off injured after 12 mins. Did well to set up the opening goal.

Weimann: 8 (MOTM) - Great display, playing in his natural position. Goals very well taken and never stopped running.

Subs:

Bowrey: 8 - What a great display from the young lad. Refreshing to see a big lad up from who put's in a none stop performance.

KEA: 6

Bacuna: 6

Holte End: 11 - Great atmosphere carried the lads over the finishing line.

Personal highlights from the game included singing songs for all the old players (Petrov, Laursen, Carew, Mellberg, Taylor) and getting a wave from Ian Taylor in the Trinity Road Stand.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sat May 03, 2014 7:03 pm

The relief around Villa Park at half time was immense. We knew Stoke and Newcastle were doing their jobs as well and that it would take a right royal cock up to spoil it. Hope the takeover rumors are true as we need to break the monotony of the last 4 seasons.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Paul Lambert hailed the "fantastic" performance of his team to produce a clinical result in a game where "the pressure was incredible."

Villa beat Hull 3-1 in a victory which all but secured safety in the Barclays Premier League.

Lambert was delighted with the bottle of his team to produce the goods under the severest of stress.

He said: "It was massive. I said to lads in there: "I have been involved in massive games before but the pressure on that one was incredible."

"If they can come through that, they will come through everything their careers are going to throw at them.

"I thought we deserved to win the game. We had a little spell where Hull scored and we were on the back foot. But after that we were fantastic.

"We started the game great. We lost one of our main players in Gabby, who had started the game fantastically.

"But I thought Bowery was excellent. He came on and he hasn't played for months. I thought he was very good.

"Weimann was brilliant. His two goals were long overdue when you look at his work ethic.

"Delph and Westwood were outstanding. But every one of them were excellent. It was a huge performance."

Lambert also paid tribute to the claret and blue faithful, who got behind the lads - even as they came off the team bus pre-match!

He continued: "You could sense that when the lads came off the team bus that the fans were going to be right behind them.

"It's a massive club and massive fanbase. They won't accept too many defeats. We have had too many defeats, especially here.

"When they see a performance like that though, I am pretty sure they will be delighted.

"We have another two games left. We are going to a team on Wednesday who could win the league, a team which is one of the best in Europe. But we will go and try to win and try to stop them.

"It will be a hard game against Tottenham too.

"But the result today was huge."

Lambert refused to accept safety was secured although he admitted he was pleased with where his team stand in the survival race with two games left.

He added: "There are still games to be played. Our goal difference is pretty high as well. It puts us in a good position."

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

VDOG wrote:really loving this buzz im getting from us again,ive missed it

Eh? We're Aston Villa not Wigan or Small Heath. We don't celebrate staying in the PL.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VDOG Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 pm

BournVilla wrote:
VDOG wrote:really loving this buzz im getting from us again,ive missed it

Eh? We're Aston Villa not Wigan or Small Heath. We don't celebrate staying in the PL.
we do this season lol

Last edited by VDOG on Sat May 03, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)
VDOG
VDOG

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Sat May 03, 2014 7:46 pm

According to the Evening Mail, Lambert was nowhere to be seen on the walk around the pitch after the game.Interesting !
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Yeah, I read that pooligan. Probably a sign of things to come. It would have created a bad vibe if he had walked around with them

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaStarringBrockLesnar Sat May 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Not going to lie; I was so angry when I saw Hull got an equaliser, so, I was delighted when I saw that Weimann got the brace.

The collective energies of us, the fans, Ian Taylor, Yorkie, McGrath, Collymore, Dublin, Jlloyd, Withe, Carew, Laursen, Mellberg, and Brock Lesnar definitely made its way to the team today. :)
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
VillaStarringBrockLesnar

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Sat May 03, 2014 8:08 pm

I have just read that the goal scored by Ashley Westwood today was the 1000th Premier league goal scored at Villa Park . 570 for 430 against . Also, with Arsenal now assured of 4th place,Hull assured of playing in Europe next season
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sat May 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I cant believe we are celebrating staying up, just shows how badly a wholesale change is needed.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:19 pm

All change, very soon, very soon. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:26 pm

pooligan wrote:I have just read that the goal scored by Ashley Westwood today was the 1000th Premier league goal scored at Villa Park . 570 for 430 against . Also, with Arsenal now assured of 4th place,Hull assured of playing in Europe next season

I am glad it was Westwood that scored it. Been a bit underrated this year, I think he will become a decent premier league player. 

1,000 Premier League Goals at Villa Park? Amazing. When you think that it's just over two years since Albrighton netted the Premiership's 20,00th goal, it just shows you the contribution that we have made to the Premiership era (particularly when you think of how bad we have been at home in recent seasons!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next