The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away

+10
Wookster
Boldfinger
Saunders82
FoxyAV
achilles
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
smetro
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread: - Sheff U Away

Post by De Kuip Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:40 pm

If I could - ahem - draw people's attention to my prediction above regarding how I thought the game would play out. As you can see, even a broken clock is right twice a day (unless it's a 24 hour clock and even then it's right once haha)
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Fairly shite game, great goal, 3 points, move on.
VTID85

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Lovely goal but I think MOTM is a tie between Johnstone, Grealish and Thor. And I'm edging towards the latter. I think we'd have been better off starting Davis on his own up front against that defence even though Hogan gave it a real go.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 pm

De Kuip wrote:If I could - ahem  - draw people's attention to my prediction above regarding how I thought the game would play out. As you can see, even a broken clock is right twice a day (unless it's a 24 hour clock and even then it's right once haha)

If I could also AHEM draw your attention to my prediction on how the game would go, as you can see I'm a brilliant tactition. Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 1520050566 Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 1520050566 Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 1520050566 lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Lovely goal but I think MOTM is a tie between Johnstone, Grealish and Thor. And I'm edging towards the latter. I think we'd have been better off starting Davis on his own up front against that defence even though Hogan gave it a real go.

Totally agree, IMO Thor was solid all game. Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Johnstone could be the new De Gea.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:46 pm

If, AHEM, I could draw your attention to the fact I didn't predict anything because when I do we lose*...

*sometimes we win too, but only when I predict the opposite.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Have to say Thor looked a terrible buy, but since coming in to replace Whelan has been outstanding. Very consistant and calm on the ball.
LVBrit

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Well anyone that's around and about us tonight either drew or lost (derby, Leeds and Boro and of course Sheff U losing). It's a shame Cardiff City's game in hand is home against Bolton as that's a gimme I think.
Even though we are really scrapping with derby, Cardiff and brizzle, I can't help looking at Fulham's form and wondering how much they'll climb between now and season's end.
One thing that is becoming clearer is how vital our home games will be against those around us. Yes it means we have hard games but it's also a double whammy to our opponents if we beat them, especially where goal difference is concerned as we saw with Bristol city, where there was a ten goal swing between the start and end if the game.
It's starting to look more and more like its in our hands now.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Think sheff u will do well to make the play offs - they look out of ideas
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 pm

ahem - I said we would give them a good spanking.
And we sparked then 1-0.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Excellent win away from home against a team who'd only lost once in the last eight games. Not a great performance but with match winners like Snodgrass in the side you've always got a chance.

Now lets celebrate by signing a decent striker.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:14 pm

If you were a Sheffield Utd fan you would be bloody annoyed at letting Snoddy get onto his left foot but it was a great strike but you know what he can do if given the opportunity!

Pretty awful game but the result was fantastic in the end and that is all that matters now! Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:36 pm

achilles wrote:If you were a Sheffield Utd fan you would be bloody annoyed at letting Snoddy get onto his left foot

Secret agent Enda Stevens doing his job. Who'd have thought one of Lambert's signings would be working out for us six years on?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 pm

achilles wrote:If you were a Sheffield Utd fan you would be bloody annoyed at letting Snoddy get onto his left foot but it was a great strike but you know what he can do if given the opportunity!

Pretty awful game but the result was fantastic in the end and that is all that matters now! Scarf Waving  

Its about time we had a little bit of luck, it was a tough game last season or earlier this season we would have conceded, made of stronger stuff now, it aint pretty at times but its effective. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Probably our worst performance in our recent run, but we got the win and thats all that matters and finding a win in close games like that is always a vital thing.

for me Johnstone was man of the match, closely followed by Thor who is looking like a new player in the DM role. I'll hold my hands up, it was only a month or so ago i would have been happy to see him leave but he's completely changed my mind now, and it was good to see Jedi come on as it suggests that Whelan is now 3rd choice which can only be a good thing!

The Fulham game will be a big one, but its even bigger for them as it starts a run of games that includes Bristol City, Wolves, Derby and Sheff United!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 am

Wow we really fucking won? I lost my stream at 80 min and went to bed. Never ever thought we'd win that. Outstanding. That's a single win that could the difference this season. Fucking great start to the day!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 am

Delighted with the win (I predicted a loss) - and although we weren't great we rarely looked like conceding.

Still worry about the lack of firepower up front. My doubts about Hogan increased last night - true he didn't get much service - but he didn't trouble the sheffield defence at all - not helped by a way below par performance from Adomah..

Good 3 points but a few warning signs if I am honest.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 am

smetro wrote:Delighted with the win (I predicted a loss) - and although we weren't great we rarely looked like conceding.

Still worry about the lack of firepower up front. My doubts about Hogan increased last night - true he didn't get much service - but he didn't trouble the sheffield defence at all - not helped by a way below par performance from Adomah..

Good 3 points but a few warning signs if I am honest.

He was on his own all match against some big defenders and they had our midfield swamped. Shame he didn't link up better with Grealish though. I don't think we could have played two strikers unless we played three at the back and matched their formation.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 am

A massive 3pts win, that was a Sheffield Utd team that didn’t let up for 94 minutes in front of a vocal home crowd. We’ve played better but let’s not forget that when Aston Villa visit any other ground in this division it’s the oppositions biggest game of the season and they raise their levels accordingly, so to go and win at a team that have become renowned for going for it and are high in the league is a big result. Massive. It wasn’t a lucky win as some are saying, what’s lucky about having a goalkeeper that makes important saves or a player that steps inside and curls in a beauty? That’s not luck, it’s pure ability. We defended very decently, resolutely. Not much creation as we have seen in recent games but this was an up for it Sheffield Utd team coming off the back of an FA Cup win at the weekend and we hadn’t played for 10 days, I think a bit of match sharpness can go during longer breaks between games. The key is to see the next performance this coming Saturday, I’m looking to see them that bit sharper and translate that into a solid win where we never really look troubled. The confidence should certainly be there after a win like this one
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:36 pm

Need to follow it up with wins against Burton and birmingham now, Burton worries me as they haven't won in a while, so must surely be due a win, and we haven't won six in a row since Ron Saunders was manager, also annoying that birmingham have started picking up form.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 John_t10

Can't say that this doesn't mean anything to John Terry! Match Thread: - Sheff U Away  - Page 2 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:17 pm

smetro wrote:
Still worry about the lack of firepower up front. My doubts about Hogan increased last night

Surprised by this. I actually thought he looked alright. His runs and work rate nearly got him into a few chances that would've been massive. And he's been quite good the last matches methinks. Even without much support.

As mentioned above I only watched 80 min, but my main issues were our hoofing, which ment Grealish didn't see enough of the ball, and I alao thought the team looked tired. No urgency at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:
Still worry about the lack of firepower up front. My doubts about Hogan increased last night

Surprised by this. I actually thought he looked alright. His runs and work rate nearly got him into a few chances that would've been massive. And he's been quite good the last matches methinks. Even without much support.

As mentioned above I only watched 80 min, but my main issues were our hoofing, which ment Grealish didn't see enough of the ball, and I alao thought the team looked tired. No urgency at all.

We always seem worse after a break!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:

I agree with all of this, it felt like when we had the ball in defence (or Thor) the first thing to happen was head up to see who to punt it to up front, which invariably meant the ball bouncing off whichever selection of defenders towering over Hogan. If you're going to do that then play Davis, who showed earlier in the season he's capable of collecting and holding up the ball while he waits for midfield support. It's not difficult - if you're instructing your players to send the ball in the air to a lone striker you may as well play one who can work with it. It was fairly obvious from early on it wasn't working, which it took 82 minutes to replace Hogan. I really like Hogan but they played five midfielders which seemed to succeed in isolating Hogan from our midfield. I thought United played really well though - properly set up and they looked dangerous for the whole match, like they were capable of beating us without our help.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next