The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:28 pm

achilles wrote:If Wolves win today they will be 11 points ahead of us, which we can safely say is beyond us to catch them as it would mean us winning 3 games while they lose 3 games which isn't going to happen! Therefore that just leaves Cardiff who are just 7 points ahead of us, even that will be a big ask although Cardiff could yet wobble although Warnock is a manager who I don't particularly like but he gets results against all the odds! Therefore I think realistically the playoffs are the best we can hope for, especially with Bruce, before a ball is kicked accepting a point away from home as a good point instead of being positive and instilling a belief in the players that anything is possible!

As for the toughest game of the weekend I would have said going to play Millwall away was easily the toughest with their small claustrophobic ground and their very impressive home record.

Why? There's more than half a season to go and If we beat them at VP, which is more than possible, then we would only need them to slip up twice more. So nothing is written off imo whether they win or lose on Monday. Though I do agree that it would certainly make things a lot tougher.

And lastly LOL come on now!!!..Millwall tougher than Leeds? Have you seen the league table? Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:57 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
achilles wrote:If Wolves win today they will be 11 points ahead of us, which we can safely say is beyond us to catch them as it would mean us winning 3 games while they lose 3 games which isn't going to happen! Therefore that just leaves Cardiff who are just 7 points ahead of us, even that will be a big ask although Cardiff could yet wobble although Warnock is a manager who I don't particularly like but he gets results against all the odds! Therefore I think realistically the playoffs are the best we can hope for, especially with Bruce, before a ball is kicked accepting a point away from home as a good point instead of being positive and instilling a belief in the players that anything is possible!

As for the toughest game of the weekend I would have said going to play Millwall away was easily the toughest with their small claustrophobic ground and their very impressive home record.

Why? There's more than half a season to go and If we beat them at VP, which is more than possible, then we would only need them to slip up twice more. So nothing is written off imo whether they win or lose on Monday. Though I do agree that it would certainly make things a lot tougher.

And lastly LOL come on now!!!..Millwall tougher than Leeds? Have you seen the league table? Laughing

We shall see, Villa play Millwall away in the last game of the season, I certainly hope that we don't need points from that game! Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 1420239857

achilles
achilles

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Wolves have to lose a few soon, surely. Every time I've seen them, they've looked very good going forward, but teams have sliced through them at the other end of the pitch, but for whatever reason haven't been able to finish them off.

At the moment, I think momentum is carrying them, just as much as anything else, same with Cardiff. I think we need them to go on a two game losing streak, just to knock their confidence, put a bit of doubt into their minds, and show other clubs that they're beatable.

deadbuzzardalive

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 am

Off topic for a minute. I was watching the Strasbourg v PSG game yesterday and the Stras fans sang ALL through the game. They had a guy on drums and it seemed the whole stadium was singing. It seemed like a great atmosphere. I wonder could we have drums at VP. It would be very intimidating for visiting teams I think, but all the faithful would need to join in.
What does everyone think?
WendyOz
WendyOz

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 am

McGrath no. I've been to a few grounds with some twat banging a drum for 90mins and to me it's fucking horrendous.

If someone brings a drum to VP and is ANYWHERE near me I'll shove the drumsticks down his bellend.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 am

Agree with Dan. Whether it's drums, clappers, music or what not, it's all embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:52 am

50 percent agree with Wendyoz- I'd love a more raucous atmosphere but please no musical instruments.

There are many reasons why I'd never go to watch England play and that fucking band is right up there on the list.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 am

WendyOz wrote:Off topic for a minute. I was watching the Strasbourg v PSG game yesterday and the Stras fans sang ALL through the game. They had a guy on drums and it seemed the whole stadium was singing. It seemed like a great atmosphere. I wonder could we have drums at VP. It would be very intimidating for visiting teams I think, but all the faithful would need to join in.
What does everyone think?

If you want drums/musical instruments then a theatre/orchestra is the place for you. I can’t stand that great escape crap that we are subjected to at England games. We’re English, we sing when we want and we prefer humourous abuse of the opposition.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 am

Play entertaining football, atmosphere solved!

A definite NO from me, cheap and belittling! Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 1306727784
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm

I went to see ManU a few years ago (free ticket, thought I'd see what it was like, brother-in-law* has two season tickets so why not). I'm pretty sure they had song sheets on the seats. Everyone was singing too. Interesting match as well, Newcastle were given a penalty where I'd be amazed if the linesman ever worked again it was so blatantly not a penalty, scored, equalised and whenever they had the ball for the rest of the match there were ManU supporters around me shouting at the player to give the ball back. Very strange bunch of people.

My point is would it be a silly idea to put together a list of the top 10 songs and put song sheets on seats? Someone's now going to tell me there's a whole sub-forum on here containing words and YouTube links for all the best Villa songs...

*lives in Basingstoke. Is that any worse than me being a glory hunting Villa supporter? Very Happy
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

achilles wrote:Play entertaining football, atmosphere solved!

A definite NO from me, cheap and belittling! Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 1306727784  

Wash your mouth out!!!! ....... This is Championship football at it's best??????? HOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Wolves already winning, a thrashing probably on the cards for birmingham.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm

After tonight the dog heads could be 15 points clear of 7th spot.
TBF that pretty damn good - and where we should be.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 pm

I've no doubt now, that they're going to get promoted now, it's a lot to ask of one team to catch them, let alone two. I see a lot of Villa fans making excuses for us saying that our team is nowhere as good as theirs, but I disagree, I think we have the better squad; the main difference between the two sides is Nuno and injuries to our players.

It's a lot to ask of us now, to even catch Cardiff, seven points isn't quite so bad when you're chasing a team in mid table, but when it's one who are doing as well as Cardiff are, it's not quite so easy, they and Wolves are looking like the Newcastle and Brighton of last season, in fact both Cardiff and Wolves have more points than those two did at this stage last year.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've no doubt now, that they're going to get promoted now, it's a lot to ask of one team to catch them, let alone two. I see a lot of Villa fans making excuses for us saying that our team is nowhere as good as theirs, but I disagree, I think we have the better squad; the main difference between the two sides is Nuno and injuries to our players.

It's a lot to ask of us now, to even catch Cardiff, seven points isn't quite so bad when you're chasing a team in mid table, but when it's one who are doing as well as Cardiff are, it's not quite so easy, they and Wolves are looking like the Newcastle and Brighton of last season, in fact both Cardiff and Wolves have more points than those two did at this stage last year.

We've got to stop being reactionary. Wolves are playing a team in the bottom three tonight and have only managed one goal. They will be playing Sunderland at the weekend and will no doubt win that too. BUT, there is still more than half a season to go, and anything can happen with that many games to go. Wolves still have to come to VP, go to Boro, go to Leeds, go to Bristol, go to Fulham, go to Cardiff etc etc. And Cardiff still have some tough tests themselves. Newcastle still pretty much had a premiership side with a top-class manager, whilst Brighton had been battling for promotion two or so years before they got up. Missing out to boro on goal difference the year before. So I don't agree with the comparison tbh.

All we need to do is just keep our heads focused on the next goal and that is to get above Bristol and Sheff Utd, which could happen on Saturday. Then we can think about Cardiff. Just have to take one step at a time now. Even if we were in second spot right now it would be premature to say we will be promoted because it's just way too early for that. Wolves are no doubt in a very strong position, but like I said before, the Xmas period will be the time when we see if they can handle it.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:46 pm

It aint over till its over, we all know this division always has twists, we are up there without ripping up trees so far, if we get it together who knows what might happen, the right signings in the transfer window could provide a spark, players who have been injured will return etc etc. Now theres positive for ya.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've no doubt now, that they're going to get promoted now, it's a lot to ask of one team to catch them, let alone two. I see a lot of Villa fans making excuses for us saying that our team is nowhere as good as theirs, but I disagree, I think we have the better squad; the main difference between the two sides is Nuno and injuries to our players.

We've got to stop being reactionary. Wolves are playing a team in the bottom three tonight and have only managed one goal. They will be playing Sunderland at the weekend and will no doubt win that too. BUT, there is still more than half a season to go, and anything can happen with that many games to go. Wolves still have to come to VP, go to Boro, go to Leeds, go to Bristol, go to Fulham, go to Cardiff etc etc. And Cardiff still have some tough tests themselves. Newcastle still pretty much had a premiership side with a top-class manager, whilst Brighton had been battling for promotion two or so years before they got up. Missing out to boro on goal difference the year before. So I don't agree with the comparison tbh.

All we need to do is just keep our heads focused on the next goal and that is to get above Bristol and Sheff Utd, which could happen on Saturday. Then we can think about Cardiff. Just have to take one step at a time now. Even if we were in second spot right now it would be premature to say we will be promoted because it's just way too early for that. Wolves are no doubt in a very strong position, but like I said before, the Xmas period will be the time when we see if they can handle it.

We've still got a chance of catching Cardiff no doubt, just need to stay within reach through December, I haven't looked but I gather they have pretty tough last two months to the season, although I hope we've overtaken them by then. I doubt we'll catch Wolves, but I'd be happy enough with second, not bothered at all about winning a trophy for finishing top of the championship, which for me the trophy in of itself would be more like a memento of a dark period in our history, rather than something to be proud, just getting promoted is all I'm bothered about.

Still hoping that Sunderland beat them on Saturday, it's a tall order but surely Coleman has to get a reaction from his players at some point, and it might be when everyone's least expecting it that Wolves drop points. We've got to make sure we do our job against Millwall as well, and not take it for granted that we're going to win.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

An interesting stat is that four of Wolves's wins have come against ten men. Millwall, Preston, Leeds and now Birmingham tonight. So the luck is certainly going their way.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:30 pm

AstonThriller wrote:An interesting stat is that four of Wolves's wins have come against ten men. Millwall, Preston, Leeds and now Birmingham tonight. So the luck is certainly going their way.

you make your own luck most times, and the way Wolves push the ball around and break quickly its easy to see why players get sent off against them. Having said that, Wolves were lucky not to go down to 10 themselves tonight as N'Diaye should have seen red for his head and hand in the face...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Promotion discussion thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 am

The simple fact is Wolves play better football than us and have a coach with a system of play that suits the Championship and will be useful in the Prem too as they don't concede many either? IMO there is little difference in the squad quality and in fact I think we edge them there too.

Look at Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield all play football on the green stuff not in the clouds like Bruce!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:42 am

Only 19k at the sty last night and 4k of them must have been wolves. If the snotnoses can't muster more than 15k against local rivals and top of the table, just goes to reinforce that they only turn out for their cup final against villa.
Embarrassing club and a diminishing shite fanbase. They are the first to shout fickle at Villa but they were booing their own team off at half time. Dunno why they don't avoid delays and just boo them as they run onto the pitch before kick off each week.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 am

It's big ask for automatic promotion but saying that other teams above us do not have the horrendous injury list that we do.
January transfer window and other teams picking up injuries could totally swing things around.
Hate the playoffs but if that is what it has got to be then so be it.
Lets just keep on wining at home and a bit more get up and at them away then we could still do it.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

Wolves looking good and will be hard to catch, but twelve games ago we were ten points behind Leeds United, we're now six points ahead of them.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wolves looking good and will be hard to catch, but twelve games ago we were ten points behind Leeds United, we're now six points ahead of them.

They were rubbish last night actually and Nuno even admitted it after the game.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 pm

I didn't see the game, I meant looking good for promotion in terms of position and points. But as I say twelve games ago we were ten points behind Leeds and we are now six points ahead, a sixteen point swing. I don't expect Wolves to on as bad a run as Leeds, but it does go to show how things can change in this division.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next