The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+37
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
Saunders82
mefromhere
AstonThriller
Villa Ranger
Wookster
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
Trotters
Jae1411
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
achilles
ember
FoxyAV
4BetLite
smetro
Dazzle
Barabass
1Elliot
Andyh
Sky
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
big ming
Cha Ching
VTID85
villajk
CoE82
Synopsis
TheBadger
avfc85
andrew24561
Thinman
Fpuppys
George
41 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 18 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by 4BetLite Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 am

Peter wrote:Overall great window except for not getting an able keeper and I think it was a mistake to let Tish go on loan if Jedi becomes a bit of a sick note and Lansbury's risks of cards. Fine balance I know regarding game time but just my opinion
Also apart from the lad from Bury the targets could have been drawn up by anyone watching the championship so our improved scouting network need to find some cheap gems who want to fight for their careers

Agree Peter, I didn't get the sideways move of flipping Gollini for Johnston when going for the best experienced keeper we could get our hands on made more sense. Infact, I would have invested heavily in a new GK.

Bruce must just not fancy Tshibola and the player was probably demanding game time, I would be too sitting watching our MF recently.
4BetLite
4BetLite

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 18 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:00 pm

De Kuip wrote:Looks like I'm in a minority of one then in thinking we'll sort this. If we are still shit in a couple of weeks having added Bree Taylor and Hogan, then I'll wrap my hand in for the season and just watch Exeter Chiefs on the weekends instead. I think we'll come good and have absolutely no worries about not going up this season at all. I've said on many occasions going straight back up after being ruined from top to bottom for many years would be too soon. We  have to build a foundation and fuck me we can see how painful it already can be. We arrived into the championship probably one of the most fractured clubs it's ever seen and we need time to recover. Yes we're seeing setbacks but I believe that SB has bought well and needs to pick the right team now which means full back swaps immediately for Forest. I'll tell you something else as well, despite the setbacks I've enjoyed the championship far more than the 5 years of shit that went before. I'll tell you something else as well - I know we have to be there but I fucking hate the Premiership and the media circus with a passion - absolutely fucking despise what it's done to football. Another season in the championship putting together a team that can hold its own in the Premiership? You bet, no problem for me, time invested to secure a long term fix is worth it. Bring on Forest, we'll do 'em.
Oh, and other clubs hate us, other fans hate us - so fucking what boo hoo! I'm not planning to invite them over for afternoon tea anytime soon. Good that they hate us, they'll hate us even more when we start Fucking.Them.Up in times to come, oh how they'll hate us.

Couldn't agree more about the Premier League, no soul left in our "top" league. I think the FA should introduce an option for championship clubs to remain in the championship if they gain a promotion place, maybe agree with a club in the bottom 3 of the Premier to stay. I'd prefer to stay in the championship, you can keep your sky money league and shove it.
Dazzle
Dazzle

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 18 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Dazzle wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Looks like I'm in a minority of one then in thinking we'll sort this. If we are still shit in a couple of weeks having added Bree Taylor and Hogan, then I'll wrap my hand in for the season and just watch Exeter Chiefs on the weekends instead. I think we'll come good and have absolutely no worries about not going up this season at all. I've said on many occasions going straight back up after being ruined from top to bottom for many years would be too soon. We  have to build a foundation and fuck me we can see how painful it already can be. We arrived into the championship probably one of the most fractured clubs it's ever seen and we need time to recover. Yes we're seeing setbacks but I believe that SB has bought well and needs to pick the right team now which means full back swaps immediately for Forest. I'll tell you something else as well, despite the setbacks I've enjoyed the championship far more than the 5 years of shit that went before. I'll tell you something else as well - I know we have to be there but I fucking hate the Premiership and the media circus with a passion - absolutely fucking despise what it's done to football. Another season in the championship putting together a team that can hold its own in the Premiership? You bet, no problem for me, time invested to secure a long term fix is worth it. Bring on Forest, we'll do 'em.
Oh, and other clubs hate us, other fans hate us - so fucking what boo hoo! I'm not planning to invite them over for afternoon tea anytime soon. Good that they hate us, they'll hate us even more when we start Fucking.Them.Up in times to come, oh how they'll hate us.

Couldn't agree more about the Premier League, no soul left in our "top" league. I think the FA should introduce an option for championship clubs to remain in the championship if they gain a promotion place, maybe agree with a club in the bottom 3 of the Premier to stay. I'd prefer to stay in the championship, you can keep your sky money league and shove it.

Good post,@De Kuip. I'm not so certain that we will go up this year. I thinks its more likely that the base has been built for the turn around but its too late now. I don't get the doom and gloom comments about Bruce etc. We know that over the past few months he must have been working on transfers whilst also sorting out his views of the current squad. Yes he has SR and CC for support, but its his head on the block so he has to take a firm interest too.

Some of the new signings look good to me, Hogan may be a risk but where do you get a proven goalscorer for pennies? They are all risks and in this case its offset by some canny deals for other players. I see that Westwood had a dig about joining a proper club yesterday. This must reflect the turmoil of recent times and the sooner everyone settles back down the better. We have had far to many changes. Brentford looked good last night partly because they are a settled side, not to mention they had something to prove and yes we gave them 3 points and £15m in one day!

Roll on better days, I agree they shouldn't be far away now. Thanks to Dr T.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 18 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18