The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+37
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
Saunders82
mefromhere
AstonThriller
Villa Ranger
Wookster
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
Trotters
Jae1411
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
achilles
ember
FoxyAV
4BetLite
smetro
Dazzle
Barabass
1Elliot
Andyh
Sky
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
big ming
Cha Ching
VTID85
villajk
CoE82
Synopsis
TheBadger
avfc85
andrew24561
Thinman
Fpuppys
George
41 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by achilles Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Just don't see Hogan as this surprising signing but we shall see!
achilles
achilles

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Someone called Dean Jones on twitter saying we've had 14m accepted for hogan
danclare82
danclare82

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 pm

It would be some coup if so - he's heavily linked with West Ham.
De Kuip
De Kuip

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:43 pm

danclare82 wrote:Someone called Dean Jones on twitter saying we've had 14m accepted for hogan

Is he honestly worth that much, I just don't know enough about him?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Is he mystery tho too? We've been linked with him so I can't see it being him or if he is surely a prem team will get him
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm

We were linked to Hogan briefly at the start of the transfer window, but it didn't get much attention. So when Bruce says it's a name that Villa haven't been linked with in the media, it could just be that he didn't see it.

£14M is pretty steep, but if it happens there will probably all kinds of conditions tied to it, which we'll be happy to pay if they're met.
deadbuzzardalive

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Good luck Westwood...

John Percy Verified account
‏@JPercyTelegraph

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to have a medical at #Burnley. Fee of around £5m agreed with #avfc
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:32 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Good luck Westwood...

John Percy Verified account
‏@JPercyTelegraph

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to have a medical at #Burnley. Fee of around £5m agreed with #avfc
Oh lord of mercy - please be true, I nearly got a touch on.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Gregg evens reckons we bid 9m for hogan but not accepted. We shall see tomorrow
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Joppe84 wrote:You are comparing apples and oranges though.

The fact is that with the right wealthy owner that has a company big enough to funnel funds through the club in terms of marketing or what not, then the FFP is a non-issue. This is basically confirmed by the Manchester City Etihad connection. UEFA didn't give two fucks about that.

I have serious doubts about Xia's wealth compared to a lot of others here, but if he was ridiculously rich, there's very little stopping him from branding everything Villa related with the Recon Group. FFP is utter shite and play for the gallery.

Wrong again my friend, and it's you that's comparing apples with oranges.

You're comparing UEFA's FFP sanctions (or lack of them) with the Football League's. Two different bodies. Two different sets of rules & punishments.

I'm not sure it's recorded anywhere how many fucks UEFA gave but they gave enough to hand both Man City and PSG £49M fines, restricted their transfer spending and reduced the squad sizes they were allowed in the Champions League.

You are also way off the mark suggesting Xia can get around it by funnelling money through the Recon Group. This was all discussed years ago and additional rules were appended to FFP to basically remove this loophole.

In the EFL rules it's Appendix A - Transactions with Related Parties. Any such transactions (sponsorship etc) will be assessed against fair market value and adjusted by the EFL in any fair play calculation. In other words they'll treat it as Xia handng us money and it won't count as real commercial revenue, thus increasing our losses and pushing us towards sanctions.

They're wise to it mate. We won't get around it. We will have to comply and if not, we'll get an embargo.

The EFL don't piss about with warnings and fines, as they've already shown.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Apparently avfctransfers has said that there could be as many as four deals tomorrow, not including Taylor.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:08 pm

I like Ayew, but he's a striker never played as one. Westwood too but he doesn't fit in with where this club's going. He only played well in the middle of a defensive 4-3-3, and even then couldn't really tackle or shoot.

Tish is the one I hope we aren't just waving bye to. He was highly rated at Reading and then not played at a Villa with the most woeful midfield we've had in a very long time. When he did play he looked good. Hopefully Forest will play him regularly and help him build his confidence and match fitness. Like Amavi and Gollini, he should be one for the future.

I hope at least one of Rhodes or Benteke or whoever is definitely on because if not, we're left with Kodjia. Sure, he's our best player but on one striker alone we can't depend. Kozak understandably wants out and McCormack and Audrey are being prima donnas. Gabby isn't really a striker anymore, is he? He's scored one goal in the last two seasons, one fewer than Ashley Westwood.

I hope it's Benteke, I suggested him weeks ago and want to be smug about something for a change.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Villa Ranger wrote:

The fact is that with the right wealthy owner that has a company big enough to funnel funds through the club in terms of marketing or what not, then the FFP is a non-issue. This is basically confirmed by the Manchester City Etihad connection. UEFA didn't give two fucks about that.

I have serious doubts about Xia's wealth compared to a lot of others here, but if he was ridiculously rich, there's very little stopping him from branding everything Villa related with the Recon Group. FFP is utter shite and play for the gallery.

You're comparing UEFA's FFP sanctions (or lack of them) with the Football League's. Two different bodies. Two different sets of rules & punishments.

I'm not sure it's recorded anywhere how many fucks UEFA gave but they gave enough to hand both Man City and PSG £49M fines, restricted their transfer spending and reduced the squad sizes they were allowed in the Champions League.

You are also way off the mark suggesting Xia can get around it by funnelling money through the Recon Group. This was all discussed years ago and additional rules were appended to FFP to basically remove this loophole.

In the EFL rules it's Appendix A - Transactions with Related Parties. Any such transactions (sponsorship etc) will be assessed against fair market value and adjusted by the EFL in any fair play calculation. In other words they'll treat it as Xia handng us money and it won't count as real commercial revenue, thus increasing our losses and pushing us towards sanctions.

They're wise to it mate. We won't get around it. We will have to comply and if not, we'll get an embargo.

Interesting if true, but what's different about the two? You would think the domestic league just copy what their told from UEFA, that's normally how stuff work in politics anyway.

I find it laughable to call a fine for having and spending too much money a suitable punishment though. As for being punished with squad size in the CL, well who cares. Bet City didn't.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Ohhh Christian Benteke!

Although we gave away his number today ... hope that doesn't put him off. "Number 9 is free Christian!"
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm

Ayew out? Happy days. He'll do well elsewhere I'm sure, no point us hanging onto him in the hope he might pull hs thumb out of his arse for us. Take the money and be no better or worse off without him.

Westwood out? Party time. Nothing else to say. GET BENT YOU WASTE OF BLOOD, PISS AND SHIT.

This window has suddenly started cooking. I'm happy I've got a mostly clear calendar at work tomorrow and plan to keep it that way now.... might have to piss off to the other end of the building with my laptop to do some quiet work for the day.

If the mystery turned out to be CB20.... well, it doesn't bare thinking about right now.

Bring on deadline day!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm sure I posted a couple of weeks ago about CB. If Palace don't want him it makes perfect sense for Tony to buy him. Whatever he pays he will almost certainly get very close to it back in the summer if we don't go up. If we do in ur we have a ready made proven goalscorer.

Would cost us 250,000 in wages? That's nothing compared to the windfall if it's a success. Benteke is loved here and should bang them in for fun to build his confidence back up. No tournament this summer.

It's win win for us and him. Massive loss for palace but if they don't want him then that's their decision.

Bring him home!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Villa Ranger wrote:

Interesting if true, but what's different about the two? You would think the domestic league just copy what their told from UEFA, that's normally how stuff work in politics anyway.

Well the obvious main difference is that UEFA's rules only apply to clubs wishing to compete in (and qualifying for) the Champions League or Europa League.

The Premier League and Championship used to also operate separate rules but from 2016/17 these have merged. The only difference being that permitted losses are different for each division.

The other obvious difference is what sanctions they impose. UEFA's ultimate sanction is a ban from competing in their competitions. Obviously this is unworkable for the EPL/EFL so the transfer embargo is the stick they use to keep clubs in line.

Also, UEFA's rules are not just about profit & loss, but whether clubs pay their taxes and their debts to other clubs on time, which is the reason Malaga have just received a ban from UEFA competitions.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:59 pm

One thing is for sure folks; tomorrow is set up to be a very exciting day indeed. Dancing Banana
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 pm

Anyone else beginning to worry that we're bringing too many in for a January window? Although they are all looking like good signings individually there' s not much time to bed in with our points situation

Last edited by Cha Ching on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 pm

De Kuip wrote:One thing is for sure folks; tomorrow is set up to be a very exciting day indeed. Dancing Banana

Bring it on! January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 1520050566 Dancing Banana January '17 Transfer Window - Page 10 1520050566
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Anyone else beginning to worry that we're bringing too many in for a January window? Although they are all looking like good signings individually there' s not much time to bed in with our points situation

I know what you mean but it feels less scattergun this time - like, even though we've done a lot of business, they feel like parts of the same puzzle, rather than single pieces panic bought from different puzzles.

Right off to bed - here's hoping we see our new midfield working well in 20 hours' time.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Anyone else beginning to worry that we're bringing too many in for a January window? Although they are all looking like good signings individually there' s not much time to bed in with our points situation

Erm... NO.

Bree will be better than Hutton even if he doesn't Bed in right away

Hourihane will be better than Westwood even if he doesn't bed in right away

Landsbury will be better than Gardner even if he doesn't bed in right away

Bjarnson will be... I think you get the idea Over the head
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Where is all this Benteke talk coming from? please don't get me excited...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm

We wouldnt pay what it would cost to sign Benteke and he wouldn't drop down to the Championship. Once we're promoted we might be interested but won't happen before then.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 am

Westwood to Burnley, ill have some of that, Ill even drive the midget up there in the morning and drop the unless tit off for em.

Ayew can go with my blessing, said it before, he will never settle anywhere, he is not a team player.

Would be super if we could offload other members of the shitsquad.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next