The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

+27
Dazzle
WendyOz
DelboyVilla
Villa Ranger
4BetLite
Wriggle
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
mefromhere
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
smetro
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
Thinman
danclare82
Boldfinger
NARLA24
AstonThriller
Wookster
Trotters
achilles
De Kuip
Jae1411
debandit
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Are we going to win this game or be massively pissed off?

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_lcap59%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 13 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_lcap14%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 Empty Re: Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by smetro Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 pm

More haste = less speed

we are so determined to do everything possible to bounce back quickly - that we end up moving in the opposite direction
smetro
smetro

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 Empty Re: Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by mefromhere Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:49 pm

Any chance of playing two up top? Seems to work for everybody against us ...
mefromhere
mefromhere

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:49 pm

Joppe84 wrote:We really gotta take baby steps and stick with Bruce. All these new players and managers never lets us settle a team. Hopefully we can stabilize towards the summer and pick up a couple of new full backs.

I wonder though, are we really so shit that all these teams are that much better than us or are they all playing out of their skin because we are what we are? I've seen us being outplayed by fucking Brentford, Luton and Burton now. What's the deal here.

Is it Bruce or is it the coaches training the players?

Gollini said his one condition coming here was an Italian goalkeeping coach. RDM gets sacked and off goes the Italian goalkeeping coach. I think he's a great prospect but now he's gone, and one by one we're screwing over foreign prospects we're buying in on the cheap and sending away disillusioned.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:54 pm

mefromhere wrote:Any chance of playing two up top? Seems to work for everybody against us ...

We currently have one striker not injured or ineligible and he played tonight. Ayew is confirmed sold.

Sorry, I forgot Kozak, who no one's wanted to play since Clark took him out however many years ago.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:57 pm

No idea. I always wanted Dean Smith, Rowett or another lower league manager looking to make it. I do however think we would have the same problem with whatever manager. We simply can't keep having a revolving door at BMH. There needs to be continuity. Bruce has done it before so I assume he can get us going.

What puzzles me is why we always play with zero pressure and intensity. This idea of sitting back and soaking pressure must be Bruce. I just can't agree with it. We should be playing like Brentford tonight. Pressure, intensity and pass & move.

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:00 pm

What an absolute shower this was tonight. Of course it's going to need a bit of time for new players and a new system to gel, but what we saw tonight was absolutely no talent, class or potential other than the potential to be even worse than we were before. Time is not on our side for promotion and I'm still comfortable with not going straight back up, but with more results like this we could end up looking straight down the barrell of a scrap at the wrong end. Time will tell.

Brief player assessments:

Johnstone - awful. Remind me why we replaced a nervy inexperienced but promising 'keeper with an already-shat-it reserve keeper upon whom our shot-stopping hopes rest completely? (Let's face it, Bunn is fucking shit too)

Hutton - Old Yeller time.

Chester - first time he has looked really poor this season, he's managed to shine previously but totally strung out tonight.

Baker - see Chester.

Amavi - £25m? Get on the blower and get that deal completed, we will probably need the cash more than we need this dead donkey left back.

Hourihane - more like Hou-the fuck? Played like a gobshite, our saviour he is unlikely to be.

Bjarnson - Thor? More like slow defrost. Hope it's just a case of him adjusting to English football. Utter rubbish tonight.

Lansbury - will miss a number of games through red cards. The most nailed-on statement about this team you'll read all season.

Adomah - oh Albert. I'm going to struggle to defend you if you keep churning out that cockvomit.

Green - I don't want to be horrible about him, he's a tryer and hopefully will stake a proper claim for starting again. Needs a bucket of experience.

Kodjia - can't pick a lot of faults with him purely because he was given absolutely fuck all to work with. I can however pick fault with the stuff he was in control of as when on the ball he was poor.

I can't be arsed to add anything about Grealish or Bacuna.

I will keep saying it, we have only gotten worse since Calderwood arrived. What is this clown doing with them in training?
VTID85

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:02 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:We really gotta take baby steps and stick with Bruce. All these new players and managers never lets us settle a team. Hopefully we can stabilize towards the summer and pick up a couple of new full backs.

I wonder though, are we really so shit that all these teams are that much better than us or are they all playing out of their skin because we are what we are? I've seen us being outplayed by fucking Brentford, Luton and Burton now. What's the deal here.

Is it Bruce or is it the coaches training the players?

Gollini said his one condition coming here was an Italian goalkeeping coach. RDM gets sacked and off goes the Italian goalkeeping coach. I think he's a great prospect but now he's gone, and one by one we're screwing over foreign prospects we're buying in on the cheap and sending away disillusioned.

its probably coincidence - but you can pinpoint the decline to when colin calderwood arrives - if not in terms of points yeild, in terms of performances. I understand he wasn't bruces first choice
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 pm

No wins in six matches now, and I can't see us beating Forest. For us to have spent as much as we have done and be 14th in the table ten points from the play-offs is absolutely abysmal, and Bruce has to take some of the blame for that, our sorry situation can no longer be blamed soley on Di Matteo's poor start.

If we don't turn things around soon he'll be gone, it's alright saying we can't keep changing, but I think the whole point of having Round here is so we can change managers if we need to whilst maintaining some consistency.

I mention Round, don't know if he had an hand in Di Matteo coming here, but his job come into question, he might talk a good game, but not sure if it was wise giving such an important job to someone with no experience of the role.

The stupid thing about it is, I still wouldn't rule out of the play-offs, if it wasn't for the fact we're not very good. For a decent team ten points would be doable.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 pm

I still say we have had a good window, the squad has improved on paper anyway, what we need is it all to come together quickly if possible BUT if it doesn't then we are getting ready for another go at the championship next year, not very palatable but there it is, if things do happen and we sneak into the playoffs then that would be a BIG bonus, Keep hoping. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

We've been saying all season, that we just need to put a run together, but we keep losing matches, it's just not happening.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm going to take a pop at our recruitment here.

Johnstone couldn't get a game on loan for Preston last year and yet now he's our number 1. A major rick that could have us scrabbling around the foot of the table if things don't improve. When is Steer due back?

We've needed to replace Hutton for years and we have a right back that has half a season of championship experience as an alternative.

We thought we were one injury away from disaster at centre back. It's happened. Turns out someone has put the original Baker back. Shame. I was liking the new improved Baker v2.

New midfield. I didn't see an improvement. It's a bit mean to be critical of players making their debut but if Gardner and Westwood turned in performances like Our two debutants there would have been uproar.

I'm not seeing any positives tonight and the whole feel good from new faces will be gone already. Huge task ahead for Bruce.

Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:06 pm

It would never happen but I tell you what Sarkic has been delivering consistent stand-out performances in Premier 2 for the U23s - I'd love to see him have a go - couldn't be fucking worse.

Aston Villa, Birmingham's very own version of the Gulags - where players go to disappear.

Got to be honest, although I'm mad, I'm still pissing myself at VTIDs "Thor?? More like slow defrost". I'll be laughing at that all day tomorrow.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:12 pm

It was always going to be a gamble starting 3 new players in the centre of the park and it backfired horribly.

for the first 10 minutes we looked good and i thought we were in for a good night, but then it all went woefully wrong and we badly missed Jedinak in that holding role.

I really don't get Johnstone? looks much worse than Gollini on what i have seen so why not just stick with our player instead of giving someone else's game time?

Surely that is also the last game that Hutton starts? apart from fitness, he offers nothing else at all. He can't pass, his tackling is brutal and his footballing brain is the size of a pea. i had to laugh at the third goal as when the guy who played the through ball was running towards him, he ran to the sideline where there were no players? wtf? does he imagine other players on the pitch, or does he have really bad eyesight?? He was also admiring the cross for the second goal and could have won the ball had he attacked it.

Anyone could see at half time that the 3 new boys would need time to work and Bruce should have made the swap then if we were to get anything out of the game.

I still think we'll finish the season strongly, we just need to get it right very soon...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 pm

Why did this happen, why does this happen often, we need another team assembling to include the following........
brain surgeon
rocket scientist
nuclear scientist
nutritional guru
motivational genius
advanced boot lacer
voodoo master
morris dancer
excorcist
Stephen hawking
Shakira
Firing squad
advanced torture technician
master gurner

If anyone can add to this list, please feel free

I'm off to get pissed!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 am

Doesn't matter what team we put out next game.

We're a busted flush.

Like when sharks smell blood, from now on, every team in the Championship will swagger onto the pitch against us, and turn us over. They know that if they score first, the stuffing falls out of us.

One thing Bruce did when he arrived was to stop us conceding last minute goals, which was literally sending me to an early grave.

So now, we concede them by half time. Cheers Steve. A quick death over a slow one. Cheers. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 3769219917

We are a national joke. A disgrace. Every team hates us cos we chuck money around buying their best players, and then we haven't even got the grace to put the afterburners on and power off into the sunset.

It's like when a rich bloke spends years trying to steal your missus and when he finally does, you find out he's got a 2-inch cock and needs a map to find a clitoris.

I could cope with being hated if it's cos we win loads of trophies. I can't cope with being losers and being hated to boot. It fucks me off. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 1015550615

These players, past players, future players, current owners, past owners, future owners, this manager, past managers, future managers, all fucking managers can all just FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:42 am

Villa Ranger wrote:Doesn't matter what team we put out next game.

We're a busted flush.

Like when sharks smell blood, from now on, every team in the Championship will swagger onto the pitch against us, and turn us over. They know that if they score first, the stuffing falls out of us.

One thing Bruce did when he arrived was to stop us conceding last minute goals, which was literally sending me to an early grave.

So now, we concede them by half time. Cheers Steve. A quick death over a slow one. Cheers. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 3769219917

We are a national joke. A disgrace. Every team hates us cos we chuck money around buying their best players, and then we haven't even got the grace to put the afterburners on and power off into the sunset.

It's like when a rich bloke spends years trying to steal your missus and when he finally does, you find out he's got a 2-inch cock and needs a map to find a clitoris.

I could cope with being hated if it's cos we win loads of trophies. I can't cope with being losers and being hated to boot. It fucks me off. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 1015550615

These players, past players, future players, current owners, past owners, future owners, this manager, past managers, future managers, all fucking managers can all just FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have a quick question about FPP! Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 498107619
achilles
achilles

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 am

achilles wrote:

We're a busted flush.

Now I have a quick question about FPP! Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 498107619

lol!
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:57 am

Villa Ranger wrote:
achilles wrote:

We're a busted flush.

lol!

Seriously though mate, I'm on a downer. In the words of Blur: "This Is A Low"
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:04 am

But obvs I'll answer all your FFP questions, cos I'm all about the FFP anitc. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 498107619
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:00 am

Well who would have picked that to happen. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 50815218

Johnstone  - 3: what the fuck is the point of him?  Get Bunn in goal. Or the U23 keeper. Or my nan.

Hutton - 3: not gonna waste any more time describing this mess.

Chester - 3: obviously hears the cried singing "On the piss, my lord" so he's tried it.

Baker - 4: had to try and cover drunk-Chester.

Amavi - 3: £25m? LOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL. I read Bruce's lips when he was having a chat. Told Amavi that Lee Hendrie was over his place shagging his missus. You just can't tell a man that 15 minutes into a game of football.

Adomah - 5: tried hard. No end product which is inexcusable for someone of his experience.

Hourihane - 3: this is Westwood's replacement eh? Hmmmm. His first Westwood-like floated corner to Baker at the far post was a bit shit. His second Westwood-like floated corner to Baker at the far post was a bit shit. His third Westwood-like floated corner to Baker at the far post was a bit shit. His fourth....Etc and so on.

Lansbury - 5: tried hard. Lots of red cards coming. Once he was marked then it was all over.

Bananasson - 3: WTF

Green - 6: my MotM. Needs game time to improve.

Kodjia - 2: no service really but always seems to have his head in his hands thinking about what might have been. Wake the fuck up son and get your head in the game. Terrible shot too.

Grealish - 5: looked ok
Bacuna - 2: what's the point really?

Bruce - not worthy of a number. sugarbag. First 10 mins was ok but then Dean Smith saw what was going on and marked Lansbury out of the game. Bruce cottoned onto this 3 goals and 70 minutes later. This is his team now and the clock is ticking on his time here. In fact if we lose against a Forest side that are struggling in the league, deep in behind-the-scenes shit and after stealing one of their best players then I'll go as far as saying that the Bruce-Outmobile will have started its engine and done a warm up lap.

His first job should be to find a replacement for Calderwood. Clearly he's a sugarbag, too.

I've called my satellite TV provider and cancelled my subscription. Not paying money I can ill-afford to watch this shit at stupid o'clock.
Trotters
Trotters

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:43 am

Aston Villa the gift that keeps on giving??

No one said it would be easy to be a Villa fan but come on this is just silly!!

Awful 'team' performance against a mediocre team that we made look like Barca?

Can't be arsed to comment on individuals?

Dr Tone must be sitting at desk banging his head? What to do???
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:51 am

Disgraceful!!
I miss Westwood already
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:11 am

Trotters wrote:Well who would have picked that to happen. Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 5 50815218

Johnstone  - 3: what the fuck is the point of him?  Get Bunn in goal. Or the U23 keeper. Or my nan.

Hutton - 3: not gonna waste any more time describing this mess.

Chester - 3: obviously hears the cried singing "On the piss, my lord" so he's tried it.

Baker - 4: had to try and cover drunk-Chester.

Amavi - 3: £25m? LOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL. I read Bruce's lips when he was having a chat. Told Amavi that Lee Hendrie was over his place shagging his missus. You just can't tell a man that 15 minutes into a game of football.

Adomah - 5: tried hard. No end product which is inexcusable for someone of his experience.

Hourihane - 3: this is Westwood's replacement eh? Hmmmm. His first Westwood-like floated corner to Baker at the far post was a bit shit. His second Westwood-like floated corner to Baker at the far post was a bit shit. His third Westwood-like floated corner to Baker at the far post was a bit shit. His fourth....Etc and so on.

Lansbury - 5: tried hard. Lots of red cards coming. Once he was marked then it was all over.

Bananasson - 3: WTF

Green - 6: my MotM. Needs game time to improve.

Kodjia - 2: no service really but always seems to have his head in his hands thinking about what might have been. Wake the fuck up son and get your head in the game. Terrible shot too.

Grealish - 5: looked ok
Bacuna - 2: what's the point really?

Bruce - not worthy of a number. sugarbag. First 10 mins was ok but then Dean Smith saw what was going on and marked Lansbury out of the game. Bruce cottoned onto this 3 goals and 70 minutes later. This is his team now and the clock is ticking on his time here. In fact if we lose against a Forest side that are struggling in the league, deep in behind-the-scenes shit and after stealing one of their best players then I'll go as far as saying that the Bruce-Outmobile will have started its engine and done a warm up lap.

His first job should be to find a replacement for Calderwood. Clearly he's a sugarbag, too.

I've called my satellite TV provider and cancelled my subscription. Not paying money I can ill-afford to watch this shit at stupid o'clock.

It's funny how some managers can have plans a, b, c and d but also be able to adapt to what's happening in a match. Lambert couldn't do it even when a little jiggling around or carefully timed substitute would have made the difference. He would stick to the game plan and do one or two subs at 60 minutes regardless of what was going on. Bruce seems to wait for half time, which now appears to be too late. He needs help on that touchline if he's not able to cover everything himself. Do we do something as simple as stick a couple of spotters up above the halfway line with a direct line to one of Bruce's assistants so he can have a different view of what's going on?

Bjarnason is for me the possible weak link. Whoscored rate him between Westwood and Gardner and I'm not sure what the deal is with him, why did we buy him, what does he add to the team other than playing on the left? He had a good European Cup, but then so did Robson-Kanu, who was out of contract with Reading at the time and has scored 3 in 24 for West Brom.

I think we'll improve massively as the players start to gel but only if Bruce can make the team gel.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:18 am

This is the team for forest for me, high intensity, ball on the ground, smart thinking and movement, get it done boys 4-1-3-2 ftw........

Johnson
Bree Chester Baker Taylor
Jedi
Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

I'm giving that 3 a run in the middle to see if they can click and give Amavi a break to work on his thinking.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:30 am

So on to Forest and based on last nights debacle we should see another three debutants.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum