The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread

+18
Villa Ranger
Trotters
achilles
Peter
FoxyAV
4BetLite
mefromhere
Wookster
The Utterer
Cha Ching
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
danclare82
UnclePanda
NARLA24
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread

Post by Wookster Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Jae1411 wrote:wm have apparently tweeted McCormack has been disciplined for beimg unfit, having bad attitude and repeatedly missing training.if we can get some money-back and thats true then good riddance

Heres the quote from tomorrows Mirror
Wookster
Wookster

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread

Post by mefromhere Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Hopefully by our next game we'll have Kodjia back up front and Hourihane alongside Lansbury. Maybe playing Ayew as a striker would help him because he's useless out wide but then that's not his position. Richards in at right back couldn't be any worse and would add physical presence.

Adomah ... Lansbury ... Hourihane ... Green
.......... Kodjia ............... Ayew

That front 6 catches up the 9 point gap doesn't it? Surely?
mefromhere
mefromhere

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 pm

@De Kuip by the way we play Brentford on the 31st Jan.
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm confident that by the time the window has closed and if SB gets in the players he wants then things will improve, even if we don't get up this time we will be moving in the right direction even if it is VERY slowly.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 am

Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 am

I can't help but think Audrey had January there for the taking. Gabby is currently putting in the effort with no end product and McCormack can't be arsed turning up. If Audrey doesn't want to play for us then fuck him off a very long way away. He's had the best chance for a club with an owner who can afford to buy top quality players and pay them decent wages, he can go and prove himself at a big club like Chelsea perhaps, where he'll be put out on loan at Walsall or Bristol Rovers and sold in a few years time for £500k to whichever club he played ok for in the previous season. If Gabby was picked to start before me I'd be mortified. If Audrey and his agent don't sort it out soon then cut our losses and fuck him off.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:57 am

FoxyAV wrote:I can't help but think Audrey had January there for the taking. Gabby is currently putting in the effort with no end product and McCormack can't be arsed turning up. If Audrey doesn't want to play for us then fuck him off a very long way away. He's had the best chance for a club with an owner who can afford to buy top quality players and pay them decent wages, he can go and prove himself at a big club like Chelsea perhaps, where he'll be put out on loan at Walsall or Bristol Rovers and sold in a few years time for £500k to whichever club he played ok for in the previous season. If Gabby was picked to start before me I'd be mortified. If Audrey and his agent don't sort it out soon then cut our losses and fuck him off.

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 4025243045 I second the motion.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:06 am

Never a penalty either, Adomah is too slow in thought and action!

We have to get rid of the parasites at the club to move forward as a team and club.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:26 pm

I think Adomah will come good. But it wasn't a penalty for me, either. Superb tackle. 

According to the radio commentary, Preston players were flying into the 6 yard box to slam the ball into the net when Chester stuck his head where it hurts and cleared it. He's a brilliant player!!!!!
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Trotters wrote:I think Adomah will come good. But it wasn't a penalty for me, either. Superb tackle. 

According to the radio commentary, Preston players were flying into the 6 yard box to slam the ball into the net when Chester stuck his head where it hurts and cleared it. He's a brilliant player!!!!!

Chester's my player of the season so far, closely followed by Kodjia and then by, er...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Villa played that second half with the attitude of 'we've done enough already'. Goalie to Gabby, lose possession, sit back and take the pressure off PNE. Concede. Repeat.
Why not keep pressing a losing side. Not the action of a team who are winners. Is the blame the players or the coaches/manager?
Peter

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Trotters wrote:But it wasn't a penalty for me, either. Superb tackle. 

Right, can we just clear this up once and for all?

It was a penalty, according to the rules of the game. No question or doubt. No discussion or opinions needed.

The laws of the game on this matter are surprisingly simple and the Referee has applied them to the letter.

This bollocks about 'getting the ball' is a myth perpetuated by players and managers, past & present, who can't even be bothered to read the rules of a game that pays their considerable wages, (although I accept that some of them probably can't read). lol!

Rule 12 sets out what constitutes foul play and, like it or not, the ball is not even mentioned.

It's a foul because he tripped his opponent. It's a penalty because the foul happened in the box. End of.

(For any pedants in the room, I don't mean that the ball isn't mentioned in Rule 12, I mean it's not mentioned in the section on offences against opponents. Obviously it's mentioned in the sections on handling the ball and obstruction etc)
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Villa Ranger wrote:

It was a penalty, according to the rules of the game. No question or doubt. No discussion or opinions needed.

The laws of the game on this matter are surprisingly simple and the Referee has applied them to the letter.

This bollocks about 'getting the ball' is a myth perpetuated by players and managers, past & present, who can't even be bothered to read the rules of a game that pays their considerable wages, (although I accept that some of them probably can't read). lol!

Rule 12 sets out what constitutes foul play and, like it or not, the ball is not even mentioned.

It's a foul because he tripped his opponent. It's a penalty because the foul happened in the box. End of.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish, you have obviously never refereed a game of football.
On your basis a ball is irrelevant!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 pm

I don't think it's his basis but the rules. And what a namby pamby load of shit they are. Can you imagine football in 2050? It'll be tippy tappy garbage with players using hand gestures to win the ball back.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 pm

achilles wrote:
Villa Ranger wrote:

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish, you have obviously never refereed a game of football.
On your basis a ball is irrelevant!

How can it be rubbish?! It's there in the rules in black and white!

The ball is irrelevant in determining whether or not a foul has been committed. If you foul a player in an effort to play the ball, it's a foul.

I take it from your comment that you have refereed?

If so, it seems you've been doing it wrong my son. Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 50815218
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:03 pm

2 words that put fear into every villa fan ....
JORDAN AMAVI.
With all that has gone on he has seemed to take very little stick. Yet another totally inept performance. We should be straight on the phone to any potential buyers.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Boldfinger wrote:2 words that put fear into every villa fan ....
JORDAN AMAVI.
With all that has gone on he has seemed to take very little stick. Yet another totally inept performance. We should be straight on the phone to any potential buyers.

I'd like to see Calder get some game time he can defend and attack equally well and is a good crosser of the ball. Been putting in some great performances with the U23s
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:30 pm

De Kuip wrote:
JORDAN AMAVI.

I'd like to see Calder get some game time he can defend and attack equally well and is a good crosser of the ball. Been putting in some great performances with the U23s
Well if that's the case he should be given a run out - isn't that what the u23's should be about ? Perform well and get given the chance to replace an underperforming first teamer.
I'm not saying AMAVI is shite but he is desperately low on confidence and needs to be taken out of the first team, play for the u23's until he gets some form back.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:43 pm

With regards to the penalty he was denied a goal scoring opportunity end of, once your in the box defenders are on thin ice especially in that sort of tackle.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
JORDAN AMAVI.

Well if that's the case he should be given a run out - isn't that what the u23's should be about ?  Perform well and get given the chance to replace an underperforming first teamer.
I'm not saying AMAVI is shite but he is desperately low on confidence and needs to be taken out of the first team, play for the u23's until he gets some form back.

Well you'd like to think so mate, but I've given up even trying to work out the interconnecting parts of this club so whilst yes, consistently good performances in the U23 should see opportunities that needn't follow. TBF SB has started to bring through Green and Davis and if RH-M wasn't playing pig-at-the-trough then that would be another kid through. I really would love to see Calder and Toner get a look in sometime in the future. Most of the rest are too far off to make it IMHO.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Preston North End Pre Match, Match and after Match ranting thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Do you go and watch them live or do you watch them on the net. ?
It makes no difference really just wondering
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Boldfinger wrote:Do you go and watch them live or do you watch them on the net. ?
It makes no difference really just wondering

Not live mate I'm too far away but if I was in Brum I'd go cos I've always been keen on youth football and seeing young lads do well. Two of my lads that I coached are now doing pretty well at Exeter City, one of them got both goals recently in a 2-1 win. I did my UEFA B badge a few years ago and started coaching and managing adults but didn't really enjoy it anything like coaching the youngsters. Just great to see kids develop and the honest enjoyment of playing football for the sake of it.
So I thought I'd concentrate a bit more on our U23s for the rest of the season as the first team are starting to make me want to gnaw my own arm off at times. I'll try and provide updates going forward but a lot of info I've got is second hand. If the Facebook streams continue that will be great as I can build my own opinions going forward.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:39 pm

As far as the pen is concerned, my first thought when I saw it was "No wonder they are pissed off, he toed the ball away as part of a hard but fair tackle."

Then I looked again and realised that whist he had indeed toed the ball away, the tackle was both hard and unfair, he made a foul contact with the man before touching the ball.

It was one of those where if that had been one of our better defenders (not one of the twats who can't tackle for shit) we would have been going ballistic when the ref gave the pen against us because "He won the ball!!!!" The standard of officiating in the Championship has, for us, been chronically, comically bad this season so it made a change for a ref to get the crucial call right for once.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3