The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Official website have just published an article with Bruce talking about needing to face the challenge and how he's the right man for the job. Doubt he's getting the sack yet then.

If that's the case Saturday is a no win situation we either lose and lose even more ground, or we win and Bruce prolongs his stay which will just be detrimental to the club in the long run.

LOL you really think the official site means anything when Xia liked a tweet last night saying Bruce has been crap for ten months? Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:31 am

I was hoping it was going to be one of those things where I say 'looks like he's staying' and then next thing you know it's announced he's been fired. Sad I know.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I was hoping it was going to be one of those things where I say 'looks like he's staying' and then next thing you know it's announced he's been fired. Sad I know.

My deadline is tonight. Either he goes or we see reports that he's set to leave tomorrow. If none of those things happen, then it's clear that he will be staying on for Saturday. Honestly though I'm just fed up with this sh/t. Just our luck that our neighbours may have hit the jackpot with Fosun/Mendes whilst ours make a total mess of things. That's just the way it is at this McGrath forsaken club.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:15 pm

This is Xia's biggest test yet and could impact his investment for many years to come?

You have Bruce talking about more strikers?? WTF unless he is buying Gestede back? Neymar Ronaldo and Messi as a front line would struggle with Bruce's hoof ball 'tactics'?
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:17 pm

The only way I can see him staying now is if the coaching staff are changed & a more dynamic approach is adopted...
1Elliot
1Elliot

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:19 pm

I wish Xia would hurry and tweet something so we know what's going on either way, surely if he was staying he would tweeted so by now, or better still the official site release a statement, stating that he's gone.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Shame we hired another hoofball merchant, as I honestly thought Bruce could do better. Awful awful football. I know it's a novelty, but how about keeping the ball on the fecking grass. We did so the first 45 minutes this season, then we switched off and started hoofing. Steve Bruce's style of football makes my eyes bleed.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I wish Xia would hurry and tweet something so we know what's going on either way, surely if he was staying he would tweeted so by now, or better still the official site release a statement, stating that he's gone.

There's a lot of issues going into sacking a manager. Sort out the compo for Bruce and his staff, sound out possible replacements to see if one of their targets would be interested etc. That's why I'm thinking it could be this afternoon. There's also the fact that Xia is in China so it's different times zones aswell. But yeah, I just want some clarity either way so we can know what the deal is.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:50 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I wish Xia would hurry and tweet something so we know what's going on either way, surely if he was staying he would tweeted so by now, or better still the official site release a statement, stating that he's gone.

There's a lot of issues going into sacking a manager. Sort out the compo for Bruce and his staff, sound out possible replacements to see if one of their targets would be interested etc. That's why I'm thinking it could be this afternoon. There's also the fact that Xia is in China so it's different times zones aswell. But yeah, I just want some clarity either way so we can know what the deal is.

Maybe he's sacked them all so there is nobody official left to make the statement.....
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 pm

1Elliot wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:

Maybe he's sacked them all so there is nobody official left to make the statement.....

LOL that would be brilliant Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Starting to look like he may still be here on Saturday.
One way of protesting the playing style without picking on any one individual would be to simultaneously (in the style of the thunderclap) shout "Hoof" everytime someone hoofs it to nobody in particular. They might even think about trying to play it on the deck.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm not giving up hope of him leaving before Saturday, until he does the press conference on Friday, or Xia says he's staying on twitter.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:42 pm

It's looking like he'll get August to save himself, we've two home games now followed by Bristol City away on the 25th. There's a break then until the next game on September 9th, that would seem to be the logical time for any change. Bruce simply has to take 6pts from the next two league fixtures to have any hope as far I'm concerned, and the performances have to be vastly improved. If he picks up two scrappy wins off the back of more disjointed displays then that won't be enough for me. He has to find a way quickly to get a tune out of them against Norwich with the right players in the right places.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Just read he wants a new striker. It's obvious he wants to continue his hoofball tactics and get in a targetman.

Can't we just get rid asap and get in a manager that can play modern football with what we got?

I also think it's funny people don't understand why we started playing attacking football the last 5 minutes yesterday. When the fact is that we didn't start playing attacking football, we just continued with hoofball and Reading players were getting tired, thus the hoofball was more effective.

Get. RID.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Yes a new striker is needed according to Bruce? Bring back Rudy!!

Along with Wilshire? Where is Bruce going to play him? Right back? Target man? 7th defender? He wouldn't know what to do with a creative player? (Plus he is knitted so first game he will get crocked in Championship and sit on the treatment table for the rest of the year)

Very disappointed Bruce has survived the day so far? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1327487109
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:34 pm

At the beginning of the season the board would have set out what they expect from Bruce.
So he should be under no illusions, Wyness said we needed to score 80+ goals this season, so far we have scored 2 in 3 games!
It is utter bollocks him asking for more time, he hasn't got it... full stop! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 2900886825
If the Villa fans could actually see some improvement after 10 months in charge then I am certain they would be more forgiving but the performances are getting worse if that is possible. So shut up and give us something positive to shout about.

I no longer expect us to beat anybody, that is how despondent I have become.

Last edited by achilles on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : scored last night - error)
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

It's like watching a boxing match with Villa being Muhammed Ali who should win most of his fights but his coach tells him he has to box with one of his eyes closed and then can't figure out why he keeps losing.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Giving Bruce until the end of August will quite frankly ruin our season, even if we scrape a couple of wins, it will only be temporay reprive until the usual service is served up once again. Club need to be proactive, and make a change now, before it's too late. Starting to lose faith that those running the club have any clue what they're doing whatsoever.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 pm

I can just imagine the good Doc sitting in his underpants drinking his way through a bottle of scotch plotting his next cryptic message.

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4a9+ The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4a9 + The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4a9 = The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4c9 { The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f47a [ The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4de ] The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f504  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4b7  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 274c  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4af  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f680  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f6ac } The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f567  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4e3  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f4e4  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 1f6aa

Pack of jelly babies if you get it right, answers on a postcard please.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 pm

We need an average of 2pts / game for automatic promotion, I was prepared to give him 8-10 games to see where we are, based on this ratio, Bruce needs to win the next five games to "catch up".

Cant see this happening TBH, why, when Bruce is under the cosh does he in his own words "batten down the hatches" & try and stop teams rather than going for it ?

As Mike Bassett said, 4-4 fucking 2, get in wide, get it in, its not complicated Mr Bruce.
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:39 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Giving Bruce until the end of August will quite frankly ruin our season, even if we scrape a couple of wins, it will only be temporay reprive until the usual service is served up once again. Club need to be proactive, and make a change now, before it's too late. Starting to lose faith that those running the club have any clue what they're doing whatsoever.

This is what concerns me the most. Are the board really not bothered about the style of play? About Bruce's inability to change a game tactically? About the players Bruce signed not being able to play to their potential? It just seems like they don't care about how the team plays at all and are happy to nick a win whenever we can. This is just pitiful to me tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Whether this be appropriate to Bruce I don't know but Xia's just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/897859535993413633

Apparently this is the page he's talking about...

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 30 DHXW0TAXcAEZOsf

Haven't read it yet, but people on twitter saying it means Bruce stays.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 pm

I like Tony but the good will of the fans will only stretch so far. If he sticks with Bruce and we finish mid table again then his "sitting with Xia" malarkey could take an awkward turn.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:12 pm

The chapter of that book could be interpreted both ways really. What's interesting though is he's apparently "re-liked" that tweet from a fan yesterday claiming that Bruce has been poor for ten months.

So what next? On one hand would Xia tweet that if Bruce was a going today? Not sure. On the other hand, I remember when RDM was under the cosh early and he did come out and back him. Saying we all need to "stick together". So why hasn't he been as frank here? IF they were sticking with Bruce wouldn't they just make it known already?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Forget this sitting with Xia crap and introduce sitting with Bruce, you're not sat in the executive suite but in the dug-out, you're not feed smoked salmon and caviar you're just given a cattle prod to use every time the fucker screws up.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next