The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+71
mefromhere
JoshKaiAV
thinlizzy
A.V.F.C
Gordonsleftboot
big ming
HarryAVFC
banneruk
Villa Ranger
Army villain
Andyh
TheVillansOfAston
Mooseman
rosco77
WendyOz
Chrissylee1111
chrisw1
Barabass
avfcjay
avfc forever
Boldfinger
bruka
villan007
Leafs1201
Kakacroom
Jae1411
smetro
danclare82
Synopsis
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
tonyp
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
De Kuip
Wriggle
Rawlie
Lammypaul
KMitch
BillytheKid
avfc85
Con
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfcjoe
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
Robbo
VillaBill
Saunders82
Aston Phila
The Utterer
villajk
nickf21
CoE82
Peter
VTID85
1Elliot
Wookster
lukevilla
Olofsbeard
Fpuppys
worcesterkev
Dazzle
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
NARLA24
75 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by BillytheKid Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:37 am

Trotters wrote:That's a decent side on paper provided that Tish is a hard lad because neither Traore or Grealish will so much by way of defensive stuff (I no nothing of Green).

The big issue with that side is that Tish, Gardner and Traore are all made of stuff that easily shatters. Then what?

TRUE matey we still need at l;east 3 or 4 signings don't we but i do believe the more we get a settled side playing week in week out they will gel and RDM knows this league and what is needed mentally, Adama Grealish and Tish as the season wears on i expect to be destroying this league tbh compared to the likes of Judge who smashed 20 goals from midfield i think Grealish and Gardner are way better tbh,

Creative midfielder striker, right back, and maybe a proven winger allowing Green Adama time to get going as the season wears on, however lets give Xia time we have been shit for years a month is not long enough to sort this mess out Lerner created here, we'll get back promoted as we won't be playing Boro who won the Championship every week after they spent £40 million on top of a Championship winning side! UTV!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 2_star10

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by De Kuip Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:38 am

Whilst I'm generally positive about what's coming that feeling is based on the need for at least 3 more signings. Otherwise, to use a motoring analogy, all we've done is improve the driver, improve the pit crew, improve the racing director, improved the publicity team, but as far as I can see the race car is still an Austin Allegro.
Sorry but for me far too many of the horrible lazy leeching wankers from last season are still having the brass neck to pull on our famous colours and not enough changes  have been made to convince me they'll be different when the going gets tough this season. As I said, I am optimistic but that optimism is based on further acquisitions, not on the current balance of new v tossers.
De Kuip
De Kuip

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:14 am

De Kuip wrote:Whilst I'm generally positive about what's coming that feeling is based on the need for at least 3 more signings. Otherwise, to use a motoring analogy, all we've done is improve the driver, improve the pit crew, improve the racing director, improved the publicity team, but as far as I can see the race car is still an Austin Allegro.
Sorry but for me far too many of the horrible lazy leeching wankers from last season are still having the brass neck to pull on our famous colours and not enough changes  have been made to convince me they'll be different when the going gets tough this season. As I said, I am optimistic but that optimism is based on further acquisitions, not on the current balance of new v tossers.

That puts the situation perfectly DK, if ever more surgery was needed they SHOULD know it now.........or will they? 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:16 am

Excellent post DK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:29 pm

The only thing that will sort out this squad is competitive matches, its all very well looking at them on the training field, all their failings are mirrored by the other players so they all look a muchness, once they come up against a decent player/team THEN you see them for what they are and I believe that after next few weekends this squad will see many changes. Either new players coming in or a win or two under their belts giving them much needed CONFIDENCE, either way the squad will get better, we just have to keep the faith and hope that the management team see it the same way, if not then its going to be another hard season as everyone's whipping boys something that will be hard to take AGAIN especially in a lower division. Hard work, dedication, toughness and teamwork plus a few additions is what is needed, keep the faith. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:38 pm

Cheers folks glad I struck a chord! Meant to say (and have said  in other posts) that I fully believe we will still make 3 more decent signings but I am getting twitchy at the lack of action. For me the acid test won't be Owls away because I think it will be a weird experience for us and they are a pretty settled opponent. I think the test will be Rotherham as it's at home with a crowd willing to wipe the slate clean (at least initially) against a team aspiring to finish at least 20th. If we can't beat them, and do so convincingly I'll be worried++ as if we struggle, doing a "big shop" in Jan would probably be too late. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, let's get those signings in, beat Wednesday and Rotherham and then I'll be happier.
De Kuip
De Kuip

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:48 pm

DK....two of the best posts I've seen anywhere in the last couple of months. Bravo!
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:25 pm

The Sunday Times report today that Villa have offered Hull Rudy Gestede plus a cash bid for striker Abel Hernandez.

The Uruguayan fired the Tigers back into the Premier League at the first time of asking last season, and netted 24 times in all competitions for club and country.
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm gonna drink a gallon of Macallan 18 the day that donkey is replaced with a proper striker

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:35 pm

Great post DK and so true!!

Cheers Wookster for the update,,,, If we get Hernandez from Hull i will jizz in my pants for a week non stop!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:38 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I'm gonna drink a gallon of Macallan 18 the day that donkey is replaced with a proper striker

Oh boy when i first read your post i had a flashback of the dark times reading ''Macallan'' made me think of Mcleish then Donkey Heskey FFS 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 1f623
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:42 pm

We either need a quick big striker ... or we just play with what we've got in the system RDM wants to play.

Ayew up top and make him stay there. Then surround him with intelligent players like Grealish, Gardner, Veretout, Sinclair, Green who can play off him well.

If you're going to play Gestede then you need to play wingers who can cross and a forward alongside him to play off from the long ball. Otherwise it's a waste of time. We were spoilt in a way with Benteke as he was a big man who was also quick and also good technically. He could play on his own up front and hold it up as well as making chances for himself. Gestede isn't good enough to do that, but he IS capable if we play to his strengths! If we aren't going to do that then don't play him and make him look bad, just don't play him!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:16 pm

At the moment we still look weak and vulnerable. I like many others was hoping some of the poisonous players would have gone by now and more fresh faces brought in. I can imagine it must be hard to find any bidders for the dog shite players we are trying to off load but I was hoping that DR X would just pay them off.
I am still optimistic about our future and this season I just wish that things had moved along faster.
I certainly wouldn't let vertout go out on loan, if we could get his confidence back he could be a big part of our season.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:38 pm

Seeing speculation on twitter we have made £10million bid for Kodija from bristol City if this has an ounce of truth to it then maybe the Abel Hernandez link is dead and never happening? OR could we go for both?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:42 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Seeing speculation on twitter we have made £10million bid for Kodija from bristol City if this has an ounce of truth to it then maybe the Abel Hernandez link is dead and never happening? OR could we go for both?
Going for both would be nice. Trouble is Twitter is full of twits
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:46 pm

I still think we need more. I really want to see a new CM with a with of steel and tenacity. And a new RB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:52 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I still think we need more. I really want to see a new CM with a with of steel and tenacity.  And a new RB.
I know what you mean - a general in the middle to bark out orders and get stuck into the opposition. I hoped that we coukd have got 2/3 more in before the start of the season but obviously that's easier said than done. 2/3 before the transfer window shuts is a necessity going on Saturdays performance.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Seeing speculation on twitter we have made £10million bid for Kodija from bristol City if this has an ounce of truth to it then maybe the Abel Hernandez link is dead and never happening? OR could we go for both?
Going for both would be nice. Trouble is Twitter is full of twits

HAHA true that matey, just a dream i know but Ayew Hernandez and Kodija WOW now that would be promotion sealed so the £25 million or so for those two strikers would be worth it imo but Kodija is more realistic i think than Hernandez with Xiz mentioning a striker and creative midfielder so looking at it one striker seems to be what RDM wants only chance we go for the two strikers is maybe the reports suggesting we offered Gestede and significent amount of money on top would free up a striker space so Kodija could be also added as a long shot.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:02 pm

For me a creative midfielder is as important as a quality striker.
We have had little in the way of creation for a few seasons. A striker ( or strike partnership) need a good supply.
Who we can get ? I don't have an f'in clue
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Boldfinger wrote:....I like many others was hoping some of the poisonous players would have gone by now ...

I also think those players were jut expecting to be handed a nice big cheque and to walk off into another lucrative contract. It's not my money so given what they offered last season, I'd be delighted to see the careers of Richards and Lescott come to an end, rotting in our reserves or shipped off to India to train with the U13's of whatever club Xia buys.

Bacuna and Gabby should be treated like sugarbags and made to do nothing but triple fitnes training every day and never ever touch a football. Force march those pricks until they want to leave.

Trouble is I'm deeply concerned that they might all be used again in the season proper. And purely out of principle, they should not.

Bastards, each one.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:33 pm

Trotters wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:....I like many others was hoping some of the poisonous players would have gone by now ...

I also think those players were jut expecting to be handed a nice big cheque and to walk off into another lucrative  contract.  It's not my money so given what they offered last season, I'd be delighted to see the careers of Richards and Lescott come to an end, rotting in our reserves or shipped off to India to train with the U13's of whatever club Xia buys.

Bacuna and Gabby should be treated like sugarbags and made to do nothing but triple fitnes training every day and never ever touch a football. Force march those pricks until they want to leave.

Trouble is I'm deeply concerned that they might all be used again in the season proper. And purely out of principle, they should not.

Bastards, each one.

100%
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:14 am

Said it before I would go for Leon Osman for his experience, still a free agent I think?
DelboyVilla

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:23 am

According to various people on twitter, Gana's £7.1m release clause has now expired. How they would know this and quite why it's end of July rather than end of the transfer windows is anyone guess.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 am

Striker and Right Back are priorities for me.

See that Hutton was caught stranded out of position twice on Saturday contributing to goals against. Just review how many (game losing) crucial goals we conceded over the past couple of seasons through the right back area and you will see why I keep banging on about the need to replace Hutton with someone (anyone) competent at defending.

Confident we will sort a decent finisher before the window closes, but worried that we need to get a steady start (if not a flyer) if we are to have a realistic chance of bouncing straight back up.
big ming

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:34 am

Xia said we were targeting 2 strikers and a midfielder. I doubt anything has changed on that front, they just need to get them over the line
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 32 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next