The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+71
mefromhere
JoshKaiAV
thinlizzy
A.V.F.C
Gordonsleftboot
big ming
HarryAVFC
banneruk
Villa Ranger
Army villain
Andyh
TheVillansOfAston
Mooseman
rosco77
WendyOz
Chrissylee1111
chrisw1
Barabass
avfcjay
avfc forever
Boldfinger
bruka
villan007
Leafs1201
Kakacroom
Jae1411
smetro
danclare82
Synopsis
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
tonyp
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
De Kuip
Wriggle
Rawlie
Lammypaul
KMitch
BillytheKid
avfc85
Con
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfcjoe
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
Robbo
VillaBill
Saunders82
Aston Phila
The Utterer
villajk
nickf21
CoE82
Peter
VTID85
1Elliot
Wookster
lukevilla
Olofsbeard
Fpuppys
worcesterkev
Dazzle
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
NARLA24
75 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 12 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Wookster Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:38 pm

jeffvilla wrote:Welcome Tommy Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving UTV

Glad Paddy Rileys not anywhere to be seen, we'd have ended up with Michael Elphick
Wookster
Wookster

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 12 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:39 pm

This keeper of NI is looking decent

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Joppe84 wrote:This keeper of NI is looking decent

Just like that American keeper in the Copa America...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Yeah was probably a one off, but he really did have an outstanding match against Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:39 pm

KMitch wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:This keeper of NI is looking decent

Just like that American keeper in the Copa America...

We'll see how good the Americanis today when they take on Messi and co...
Wriggle
Wriggle

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:44 pm

How much do you reckon we'd have to pay for Iorfa?

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:05 pm

If anyone is in any doubt if Guzan should stay or go then please watch the Argies 1st goal or all 4 come to that, RDM needs to see this...........

p.s. the commentators are speaking americanish

4BetLite
4BetLite

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:11 pm

4BetLite wrote:If anyone is in any doubt if Guzan should stay or go then please watch the Argies 1st goal or all 4 come to that, RDM needs to see this...........

p.s. the commentators are speaking americanish

The first one when he came and stopped, yes perhaps you could fault him but not any of the others and he made some superb stops as well during the game!
He may not be the best but he is better than a lot of keepers out there!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Guzan is a confidence player. He plays well when his confidence is high and makes errors left and right when his confidence is shot. He was solid under Lambert and was OK under Sherwood until his Man City howler, and he's been shit ever since. If we can get him performing again, I'm fine with keeping him. If not, let's dump him. I trust RDM and co to make the right decision.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Sorry to all but never rated Guzan at all, average at best and that's not good enough, we've always had class keepers and to get where were heading for, that's what we need again.

Same goes for the other ok players we've got, fuck OK, OK is as bad as shite, there are no ok players at the top.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:55 pm

I don't see it with Guzan, his distribution is awful, his command over his area is non-existent, he couldn't catch a cold and his shot stopping is average. He makes "TV saves", over exaggerated movements to make a simple stop seem better. Get rid.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't rate Guzan at all and I think we should sell him. I do however understand people that say he is better than what a lot of people claim. Unfortunately he is gone as a Villa player as the confidence just isn't there. He needs change.

And most importantly Guzan lacks the fire and winning mentality we need to get back into the club. I wish him the best, but he has to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:58 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bournemouth-join-everton-norwich-transfer-7777482

This is who I would like to see at Villa Park and I am surprised nobody has already snapped him up on a free.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Just read that Saints have paid £ 11-12 million for Nathan Redmond from Norwich. Leicester bid £ 25 million for Deeney. Sunderland are offering £ 120 k a week to Dzeko.

If anyone thinks we should sell ANYONE from our team on the cheap, except the quintet of shitness (Bacuna, Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Gabby) then go have a word.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:03 pm

It has definitely gone crazy but that what money does, not for the best in my opinion!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:02 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-talk-rickie-11539555

Aston Villa transfer talk: Rickie Lambert latest; Gana going? Teenage target

07:08, 29 Jun 2016
Updated 07:08, 29 Jun 2016
By Steve Wollaston

All the latest claret and blue tittle tattle

6 shares Comments

Rickie Lambert of West Bromwich Albion
Lambert in?

Aston Villa are considering a move for West Bromwich Albion striker Rickie Lambert as their search for a prolific marksman continues.

New boss Roberto Di Matteo wants to bolster his strikeforce and reckons the 34-year-old still has what it takes to succeed.

Lambert has scored just four times in the past two campaigns but was a regular goal-getter in previous years.

Gana interest

Marseille are said to be monitoring Aston Villa midfielder Idrissa Gana, writes Gregg Evans

The Ligue 1 side have tracked the Senegal ace for some time and wanted to sign him before he moved from Lille to Villa.

Gana is expected to leave Villa this summer after a decent debut season in the Premier League and according to French radio station RMC, Marseille are the favourites to swoop.

A loan move is their preferred option but the 26-year-old’s salary could prove to be a stumbling block.

Gana still has four years left to run on his contract and is thought to earn around £50k-a-week.

He joined for £9m last summer and made 35 top-flight appearances as Villa were relegated. However his stats in the middle of the park were, at times, impressive.

A move back to the Premier League is thought to be Gana’s favoured option although RMC state that he would consider a return to France.

Crespo to go

Jose Angel Crespo is on the verge of ending his Aston Villa nightmare by joining Greek side PAOK, writes Gregg Evans.

The 29-year-old has agreed personal terms and is expected to move for a nominal fee in the coming days.

Both clubs were locked in negotiations over the weekend as Villa held out for a figure close to the £500k they paid for the defender last summer.

But an agreement has now been reached, according to Greek sources, and a move is close to completion.

Crespo was tracked by a number of other clubs in Italy and Spain but it was PAOK who quickly firmed up their interest.

The Super League side want two defenders to bolster their ranks and are also keen on Steadua Bucharest stopper Fernando Varela.

Last week Crespo admitted that he wanted to leave Villa after making just one appearance following his move from Cordoba.

He is not part of Roberto Di Matteo's future plans and is not expected in at Bodymoor Heath when the first-team return tomorrow.

The ex-Sevilla man finished last season on loan at Rayo Vallecano.

Greek side track Aston Villa's forgotten man
Teenage target

Aston Villa and Crystal Palace have expressed interest in Sochaux defender Jerome Onguene, according to reports.

The Daily Mail claim the 18-year-old defender has recently been the subject of a £1.75million offer from Turkish club Trabzonspor.

Cameroon-born Onguene has been capped by France at U19 level and is due to play against England, Croatia and Holland in the UEFA U19 Championship next month.

The 6ft 3ins centre back, who can also play right-back, has been watched by Arsenal and Newcastle too in the past year.

They say Sochaux would like to keep Onguene but the move would help them financially.

Brad move?

Brad Guzan is a target for newly promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough.

The American keeper shouldered plenty of the blame for Villa's much-lamented exit from the Premier League and new manager Roberto Di Matteo has made the goalkeeping area a priority.

The 31-year-old is now on the radar of Boro who are looking to strengthen their side for a bid to survive in the Premier League.

PA Wire Fulham striker Ross McCormack
McCormack latest

The Sun have suggested that an Aston Villa bid for Ross McCormack is imminent.

The paper claims that Roberto Di Matteo WILL make a bid for the Fulham striker after weeks of speculation.

They also claim the fee will be in the region of £11m.

The 29-year-old Scotland international is expected to leave The Cottagers this summer.
Yeltsin Tejeda

According to Le Dauphine, Villa are showing a real interest in Evian midfielder Yeltsin Tejeda.

The Costa Rican international, who has featured at this summer's Copa America tournament for his country, is expected to leave Evian following their relegation to Ligue 2 this season.

Getafe, relegated from La Liga to La Segunda in Spain, are also thought to be in the running.

With Ashley Westwood and Idrissa Gueye both being linked with moves away from Villa Park this summer, the midfield department could be a position that new boss Roberto Di Matteo needs to address.

Kodi Lyons Foster

Villa youngster Kodi Lyons-Foster has confirmed via his Twitter account that he's moved to Bristol City.

Signed from Tottenham in 2014 at the age of 16, the centre-back made a number of U21 appearances but never broke into the first-team.

Kodi Lyons-Foster
‏@Klf6_

Buzzing to have signed for @bcfctweets really looking forward to the season ahead and starting a new chapter in my life.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 am

im not really impressed by any of that.
I know we cant go out and get Messi or Ronaldo but i was expecting bigger and better than Rickie F'kin Lambert.

Saying that, it is only paper talk and i dont believe any transfer news (good or bad) untill i see the player at VP or BMH holding aloft a villa top.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:54 am

Rikki Lambert

we are fookin back !
smetro
smetro

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Lambert was a beast in the championship. 5 years ago!

McCormack would be a good signing. He scores bags of goals at this level.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:06 pm

I think he could do a job in the championship to be honest.

Good to see some rumours and paper talk happeni though as it was pretty quiet..
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:39 pm

None of them have ever done a better job in the champ then gestede did 2 years ago, but he is shit, right? well we already have him so what do we do? Confused? i am!

i dont believe anything in the press, its all crap, RDM needs to see what he has got already, then we'll see some action.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 pm

4BetLite wrote:None of them have ever done a better job in the champ then gestede did 2 years ago, but he is shit, right? well we already have him so what do we do? Confused? i am!

i dont believe anything in the press, its all crap, RDM needs to see what he has got already, then we'll see some action.

Doesn't RDM already know what he has got ? - We won 3 games last year ! - I wouldn't have thought it takes an awful lot of analysing myself.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:25 pm

smetro wrote:
4BetLite wrote:None of them have ever done a better job in the champ then gestede did 2 years ago, but he is shit, right? well we already have him so what do we do? Confused? i am!

Doesn't RDM already know what he has got ? - We won 3 games last year ! - I wouldn't have thought it takes an awful lot of analysing myself.

LOL, well said smetro.

Its definitely tempting to scrap the lot, but, coaching and tactics were as much to blame as much as the shit uninterested performances, he cant just walk in and dump all of them, he surely has to see if there is anything he can work with within the system he has in mind.

Would love to see the ones that deserve it booted asap though.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:35 pm

4BetLite wrote:
smetro wrote:

LOL, well said smetro.

Its definitely tempting to scrap the lot, but, coaching and tactics were as much to blame as much as the shit uninterested performances, he cant just walk in and dump all of them, he surely has to see if there is anything he can work with within the system he has in mind.

Would love to see the ones that deserve it booted asap though.

I don't actually think he could 'scrap the lot' - don't forget we need a buying club to move them on first. But there isn't a single position where we have an outstanding player. I would hope RDM is bit further down the line with incomings than still analysing last years squad.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

been very quiet down Villa Park with hardly any action, bit like last seasons home games and dare I say it Joppes beer, anyone come close to a bottle yet ?
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next