The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+69
Justice league
AstonB6
shaun87s
UnclePanda
Barton82
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
Keyser Soze
Suits
Andyh
CoE82
Fpuppys
avfcjoe
Wriggle
gdale1
jvilla
Boldfinger
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
rosco77
andrew24561
Trysullvilla
Andrew Baker
hawk190601
shanghaivilla
Terry Derry
Olofsbeard
Wookster
worcesterkev
VillaSteve
NARLA24
LVBrit
lukevilla
Saunders82
danclare82
Sky
achilles
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
South London Villan
De Kuip
BillytheKid
bruka
Mooseman
thegaffer6
villajk
ember
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
Chrissylee1111
Rawlie
banneruk
Alf T
Thinman
4BetLite
gaffer85
ViewFromT2
Con
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
snakevilla
Dazzle
HarryAVFC
Trotters
Kakacroom
smetro
simbrenn
deadbuzzardalive
73 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by shanghaivilla Sat May 07, 2016 1:05 pm

haha maybe he can fly everybody here to take advantage of the free beer he is offering...
shanghaivilla
shanghaivilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Not remotely worried. I expect a life time supply of English ale when we aren't sold by the next there weeks

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Flog10
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat May 07, 2016 1:43 pm

No way would Bruce would be so indiscreet  if he had or was going to Villa for an interview there is no way he would be so blaisie.

Just my opinion, Pearson is as good as in place. New owners may go for Adkins, Warnock, Flores or even young Paul Clement. But after Mccleish there is no way they would go for Bruce.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 1:47 pm

My thoughts too although part of me thinks if Bruce had already had his interview and knew it hadn't gone well then I think he'd happily sit there subtly doing something to wind up any villa fans present.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by shanghaivilla Sat May 07, 2016 2:09 pm

I wonder if we will see flashing cameras pointing at the trinity road directors box today, whatever happens I am sure a few more rumours or facts will come out today
shanghaivilla
shanghaivilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 07, 2016 2:13 pm

shanghaivilla wrote:you know what in regard to Steve Bruce I like most don't want him but if he chosen and given the job, for the sake of our club we have to get behind him.
but hey maybe this wont be the case.

Don't worry mate, most Villans won't have a choice to get behind Bruce or not in the Trinity especially with his fat arse and head taking up most of view Dancing Banana
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat May 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Takeover or not it would be just another nail in our coffin if we appointed Pat Butcher. Horrible ex bluenose sugarbag
De Kuip
De Kuip

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 pm

I wonder if our delay in appointing a manager will backfire. Benitez looks unlikley to stay at Newcastle - Meaning despite having a 6 week head start, we are likley to have competition from them for our manager. - Most likley Pearson would be of interest to them.
We should have spent the last six weeks preparing for next season, then if the takeover happens all well and good. If doesn't we are better prepared for next season.
Worse case scenario - no takeover and the better picks for manager have been taken by the time we are ready to appoint...
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Should someone of been spotted by now he could potentially buy us?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat May 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Can't think of a single example where it's become public knowledge, that an individual or group are buying a football club, because said individual has been spotted at the game. There's a reason why Hollis hasn't told us any names and why people involved in deals have to sign NDAs, potential buyer isn't going to blow all that, by showing their face on match day.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 07, 2016 8:56 pm

I recall many times buyers of clubs being announced on Sky as soon as they have bid for Everton, Swansea, Fulham QPR and many others i just find it so strange we have 3 supposed buyers who all want NDA's signed to hide there identities? I don't but it sorry.

Oh and also let's not forget we have the exact same thing going on last two seasons gone with supposed NDA's signed it all seems too familiar for my liking.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 pm

That we haven't seen the potential new owners at the ground or that the press don't know the names, isn't evidence at all that nothing's going on. And I don't know anything about business but I think it's standard practice for those involved in big deals like this to sign NDAs, nothing strange about it.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat May 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Any meetings between relevant parties are done in fancy London hotels, the meeting rooms of Squire Patton Boggs or over video conferencing. We have them at work with Manilla, Gibraltar, Vegas, Sydney.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 pm

danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sat May 07, 2016 10:58 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-verge-100m-sale-7921768

can i ask what this means group are understood to be venture capitalists?

seems like we getting owners, not to sure about this but we will have to wait until we get more information!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Venture Capatilsts, roughly means they have funds, but it is viewed as an investment...they will want there money back....with a profit.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat May 07, 2016 11:07 pm

smetro wrote:Venture Capatilsts, roughly means they have funds, but it is viewed as an investment...they will want there money back....with a profit.
I cant see us being sold to this kind of group
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat May 07, 2016 11:12 pm

danclare82 wrote:
smetro wrote:Venture Capatilsts, roughly means they have funds, but it is viewed as an investment...they will want there money back....with a profit.

I hope not. They would be the second-worst option behind a consortium of small fry millionaires. They would likely have more funds available than the consortium but the essence of the club would be meaningless to them.

This is the type of buyer which would see Villa Park renamed as the 3i Stadium. We'd be owned and run by beancounters.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 07, 2016 11:12 pm

danclare82 wrote:

If they come up with the cash, wots to stop em ? - Randy's not going to hang around loosing £27m a year
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 07, 2016 11:17 pm

ember wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

I hope not. They would be the second-worst option behind a consortium of small fry millionaires. They would likely have more funds available than the consortium but the essence of the club would be meaningless to them.

This is the type of buyer which would see Villa Park renamed as the 3i Stadium. We'd be owned and run by beancounters.

Would be the worst of both worlds - Overseas owners with no interest in Aston Villa, and no funds to bankroll us.

Personally I wouldn't mind a uk based consortuim of committed villa businessmen at least they would give a shit
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 11:25 pm

I wouldn't mind a consortium that knew what they were doing. We just need average amounts of cash and smart owners that stikk by the right manager.

I'd prefer the owners to be British tbh. The idea of Chinese owners and what not scares me.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat May 07, 2016 11:38 pm

My initial thought was that it sounds like a group who want to get us back to the Premier League and then sell us on for a profit. But you never know, it could be more long-term, than that. I still wouldn't rule out the US, UK bids yet, someone from somewhere completely different.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat May 07, 2016 11:44 pm

Joppe84 wrote:We just need average amounts of cash

I can't agree with that. That would fly if we were a well-run, mid-table PL outfit in reasonable financial shape but we are not. We are a badly run, financially embarrassed relegated shower of shit.

The squad needs eviscerating and reconstructing and that will take financial muscle if we are going to bounce back. Average money will see us with a five-year plan to get back into the PL.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 07, 2016 11:52 pm

IMO this looks like the calibre of owner we are going to get. Radio WM were saying there were rumours of a uk based hedge fund group at the ground today. The mega billionaire doesn't look to be at the table.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 07, 2016 11:54 pm

ember wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:We just need average amounts of cash

I can't agree with that. That would fly if we were a well-run, mid-table PL outfit in reasonable financial shape but we are not. We are a badly run, financially embarrassed relegated shower of shit.

The squad needs eviscerating and reconstructing and that will take financial muscle if we are going to bounce back. Average money will see us with a five-year plan to get back into the PL.

Dunno, the money from player sales and the right manager would imo make us a strong championship team next season
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next